Breeding Guide

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Me and X-Act were working on a breeding guide for about a month, now it´s finished, so if you have any question about breeding, it is most likely answered in the breeding guide.

I don´t want this to look like an advertisement, maybe it will, anyway, the guide was posted in the Contributions and Corrections part of the forum, many of you might not visit that one often, that´s why I´m posting the links here in Stark Mountain (they are also in our sigs).

Enjoy.

Part I: Introduction to breeding
Part II: The Breeding guide
Part III: Emerald, Diamond and Pearl IV combinations probabilities list
Part IV: Hidden power breeding in Emerald, Diamond and Pearl

here the content of each Part

Part I:

Section One: Introduction to IVs and Nature

Section Two: How to discover the IVs of your Pokémon
1. Estimation
2. The Battle Frontier IV guy
3. IV calculator
4. Wi-Fi IV battles

Section Three: How IVs are passed to the baby
1. Emerald, Diamond and Pearl
2. Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green
3. Probabilities for IV breeding

Part II:

Section One: Preparations
1. The Magma Armor/Flame Body effect
2. The Everstone factor a.k.a. how to breed for the desired nature
3. Ditto – the Master Breeder
A) The Synchronizer
B) Catching Ditto
4. Moveset Breeding
5. Level 5 Stats

Section Two: Breeding
1. The Species of the Baby
2. Breedability
3. Egg groups
4. Compatibility
5. Breeding Routes
6. IV Chains

Section Three: Hatching
1. Number of steps to hatch
2. Hatching methods
A) Soft reset method
B) Running method
C) Mass hatch method

Part III:
Section „A“: One flawless IV
Section „B“: Two flawless IVs
Section „C“: Three flawless IVs
Section „D“: Four flawless IVs
Section „E“: Five flawless IVs
Section „F“: Six flawless IVs

Part IV:
Section One: Hidden power – general info
1. Type
2. Base power
Section Two: Hidden power breeding in Emerald, Diamond and Pearl

Added it to the Resource sticky to stop you guys from spamming it everywhere!

(this guide makes for instant orgasms among Pokemon breeders)

You are a god to me. Thank you for this. I've been trying to get 31 Atk. IV Gible but just settled on a 25 Iv one. But now, I'm gonna do this all over again, plus I'm gonna try getting a 31 HP IV one.

I have a question though. I have not found any 31 Iv dittos. So, is it harder than normal pokemon or is it just really random?

In the past 6 hours I've caught ~80 Dittos in Emerald using a Synchronizer and a Magikarp. 11 of them 31's in some stat. It's very possible go catch them.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
See Peterko, you're a god to some people. Who would have thought? :]

About the 31 IV Dittos: as we say in the guide, the probability of finding a Pokemon with at least one IV being 31 is around 1 in 6 (actually it's slightly more than that). So, if you catch, say, 60 Pokemon, you should have around 10 of them that have at least one 31 IV. So it shouldn't be that difficult.

Karma Thief's example couldn't be better. He caught 11 Ditto that have at least one 31 IV out of approximately 80, which makes that around 13.75% of his Dittos... quite close to the supposed 17.3% chance.

We suggest you do this in Emerald, as Ditto is quite common there. The guide explains in detail how to do it.

Could it really be? Something that can save me from my breeding cluelessness?!

You guys have no idea how helpful this is. I'll make sure to read all of it, down to the very last letter x)

Thank you very much.
I'm actually in the process of breeding for a team right now and this helps TONS.

it's amazing alright. I was just scared by the sheer amount of numbers in part three. You might want to offeran explanation.

*Sobbing* I hate you both! Hate you because you make me feel so inadequete!

I'm kidding. You both rock. I thought I knew all about breeding, but apparantly I was wrong. Nice work.

Great guides all around! Parts 3, 4 are great for heavy number crunchers and IV perfecters while Parts 1&2 are excellent for understanding the basic mechanics of breeding pkmn genetics and hatching.

It also explains how i saw step discrepancies when i was mass hatching togepis and elekids. usually around 200ish steps off.

"Just a minor correction, however: I've often heard that Tauros and Miltank share the same relationship as Illumise/Volbeats and breeding the two will result in Tauros if Male and Miltanks if Female. I'd love to separately confirm it, but it seems rather logical."

or not.

i guess i should have to do my own research before putting my foot in my mouth :o ^__^;

Thanks for your work and compiled research!

Great guides all around! Parts 3, 4 are great for heavy number crunchers and IV perfecters while Parts 1&2 are excellent for understanding the basic mechanics of breeding pkmn genetics and hatching.

It also explains how i saw step discrepancies when i was mass hatching togepis and elekids. usually around 200ish steps off.

Just a minor correction, however: I've often heard that Tauros and Miltank share the same relationship as Illumise/Volbeats and breeding the two will result in Tauros if Male and Miltanks if Female. I'd love to separately confirm it, but it seems rather logical.

Thanks for your work and compiled research!
I thought the same about Tauros/Miltank, and enquired about it in the original thread, but the apparent answer is no.

Awesome guide, guys! Now I can finally start breeding for Hidden Power ( had been looking for a good guide about it for some time, but didn't find one ).

Thank you. Never before has breeding been made into such a comprehensive yet understandable guide. I seriously can say no more.

Thank you! I was trying to figure out if my Pokémon's IV's were good, but every time I calculated them, they were different.(I calculated on a Pokémon that was the same level the whole time.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)