ORAS Doubles OU blinkie has no friends(Peaked #38)

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
At a glance

Old Ladder Peak:
http://s12.postimg.org/n16mybb6h/(BAN ME PLEASE).jpg?noCache=1420740299
New Peak:

Hello everyone! ZZtrollZZ blinkie here with some random Doubles RMT. I started playing doubles because firehusky says I can't ladder higher than #533 or whatever he got in OU. I can't play OU because Greninja isn't banned yet so yea. Unfortunately I was unable to peak any higher because I got scared decided to make this RMT.
Some nice relaxing music to listen to as you read through my first Doubles RMT, have to start it off on a good note rite? Oh yeah need to mention its my 234 post RMT.
And now for the lulz:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sand-vs-hail-warstory.35679/
"brake stupid tree"

So after my username got changed to blinkie I decided to build around blinkie the Christmas tree

Unfortunately I realized blinkie was complete trash so I added Aromatisse to make my team more steel and poison weak. At least it got Trick Room so blinkie could actually do something before dying.

I remembered that blinkie needs more friends so I added Jellicent because it was in RU like blinkie and it also learned Trick Room like Aromatisse.

Then I added Rhyperior because it looks big and fat like blinkie, and they both learn Protect. Did I mention that it can beat smogon bird? blinkie does not like birds.

Cresselia was pink like Aromatisse and it also learned Trick Room so I added it. Also it took no damage from Earthquake like a bird but it isn't a bird so its friends with Rhyperior and blinkie. Its in RU too.

blinkie doesn't really like OU pokemon cause they are better than him so I picked Victini cause its not OU and because when you have a fire, water, and grass type they have good synergy together. Then I changed the order of my team around because if blinkie was at the start other people may have noticed that it was my mega, and Rhyperior goes in the back cause it can't pull its weight cuz its too fat. My pokemon are all from gen 4 or later that way they are less affected by power creep.

In-depth

fren (Aromatisse) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Aromatherapy
- Dazzling Gleam

Aromatisse sets up Trick Room for blinkie. I chose Aromatisse over other more mainstream TR setters because he can creep the base 30 pack with 29 speed, which can help sometimes vs stuff like Cofag. Heal Pulse makes sure blinkie is harder to brake. Aromatherapy helps put out any fires on blinkie. Dazzling Gleam is there to make sure that I can revenge kill 9% Mega Venue in TR. Aromatisse is good because he can live a lot of random hits like LO Exca Iron Head 69% of the time. Also he can't get Taunted except from Mega Gyarados and lol Haxorus. Dazzling Gleam is used so I can hit 2 mons at once for some high damage. So yeah Aromatisse doesn't do a lot except for setting up TR and then spamming Heal Pulse.

Protip: Watch out where you click, you might accidentally heal your opponent lol >.<

blinkie(Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Earthquake Ice Shard

blinkie da christmas tree is da bomb. His stronk typing gives him a helpful 7 weaknesses but only one is 4x so yeah we good. Before blinkie goes mega his speed tier gives him an advantage against other TR teams outside of TR. He also uses his christmas tree powers to spam Blizzards that can never miss in his powerful hail, the 4th most used weather. Giga Drain makes sure blinkie is really hard to kill and it hits annoying water-types. Protect cause I can dodge birds with it. Earthquake is good to hit Bisharp cuz the rest of my team besides Rhyperior autoloses to it. blinkie always puts in work as long as you protect it from birds that can brake it. Ice Shard hits Landoge outside of TR so blinkie can do something before he brakes. Also watch out for fire moves, blinkie doesn't like fire.

Protip: Against people spamming Zard sun don't mega when you protect and then mega to steal sun. Although it doesn't work against X Zard.

not fren(Victini) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike / Taunt
- Protect

Victini is not blinkie's fren cuz he is fire type and he isn't in RU. But he is also pretty helpful because he helps imrove synergy, which is good even though I don't really know why. Also I realized that if you spam V-create in TR it makes you faster even though it makes you slower. So yeah, Zen Headbutt is kinda filler I just used it instead of Heat Wave when Heat Wave did like 85% to an Escavalier(and I was running neutral nature at the time) You only use Zen Headbutt on a mon resisting V-create outside of TR because V-create hits harder but it drops defenses and speed. Bolt Strike hits bulky waters not named Gastrodon. Don't judge cause I run Shuca Berry, idk Shuca Jirachi was a thing in BW so yeah wynaut? jk the actual reason is so I don't die to my own Rhyperior's EQ:
252+ Atk Life Orb Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shuca Berry Victini: 247-292 (72.4 - 85.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
^good enough
So yeah the only mon on my team that actually can do something outside of TR. Also running Sitrus Berry on like 2/3 of my mons would be something only firehusky would do.

Oh yeah you can run Colbur if you have problems with Bisharp(you probs do)
112 speed creeps Loomer outside of TR, Taunt prevents SashLoom from sporing me credits to SpaceBass and Megazard z for these suggestions

Not so Pro tip: Don't try to wall Victini with blinkie
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Abomasnow: 1032-1216 (268.7 - 316.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

fren (Cresselia) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock Psychic
- Helping Hand Calm Mind
- Ice Beam Moonlight

So um apparently this guy is like really good in doubles. Also he is really balky and lives random stuff. Trick Room cause can never have enough of it, Psyshock hits Hitmontop wide guard abuser annoying thingy and Helping Hand makes sure blinkie's blizzards are stronger. Also Ice Beam is used to hit the Landoge that I saw on my first game and then never again. Seriously tho Landoge is S rank but I saw it once. I could run HP Fight for Bisharp cuz nothing else on blinkie squad is a good answer to it but neither is Cress so yea. Also could run Moonblast for Scrafty but never saw that either. At least this thing has bulk so yeah easy to setup TR and also good to spam EQ with Rhyperior with cuz immune to ground.
Changed everything to CM Cress cause SpaceBass said I should and then I didn't then lost tour game cause of it

Protip: Listen to SpaceBass or else you will lose your next tour game cause you didn't

fren (Jellicent) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
-Will-O-Wisp
- Water Spout
- Protect

Third trick room setter in case the other two die or whatever. Surf is good if I'm at whatever percent and Water Spout isn't stronk anymore. Sitrus Berry cuz it can give me some random clutch tanking ability. Water Spout is good at full HP. Protect so I can tank some random hits. Also it completes a FWG core whatever that stands for. Water Absorb means I can switch in on Water moves besides lol jumboshrimp's waterfall. Also sometimes Aromatisse can use Heal Pulse to power up Water Spout. Spread move spam is good. WoW is good cause I can actually kinda stop Bisharp. Oh yeah you can run Shadow Ball to beat people that spam Aegislash cause it lols at the rest of my team.

Protip: Don't use Surf without using Protect on Rhyperior or else it'll die.

fren (Rhyperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Rhyperior is the final member of the blinkie squad. He can spam his spread moves to cause heavy damage and also it counters mega Kangaskhan which is like S rank or something. Life Orb over Sitrus berry because running Sitrus berry on 2/3 of my team would be something firehusky would do. Brave Nature because then I can fite brave birds. Lightningrod is kool to get a special attack boost off of random mons that try to kill Jellicent. Also I realized that if you spam Hammer Arm in TR it makes you slower even though it makes you faster. Who needs Ice Punch? Earthquake and Rock Slide because spread moves are good but FUK AEGISLASH THO you can use Drill Run over Hammer arm plz

Protip: It may be worth running 31 IVs and 24 EVs in speed to creep min speed Rampardos, I lost a game to a mono-Rock TR team because his Rampardos outsped me after TR ended

So there you have it! This team peaked at #38 on the doubles ladder, but then I tilted due to Mega Metagross being a complete hax magnet. Any rates and comments are appreciated! Thanks for your time!
- ZZtrollZZ blinkie
Oh yeah you might wanna read this now:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mega-metagross-and-friends-peaked-133.3526300/

blinkie has no frens to shoutout to
Special thanks to Albacore for posting the Mega Metagross + Manaphy core, which gave firehusky the idea to build his team which gave me the idea to build my team
Shoutouts to firehusky for being a bad fren and for saying I can't ladder which may be true
Shoutouts to Jukain for helping firehusky change his team which helped me with making this team
Shoutouts to TheEnder for suggesting ScarfTran for firehusky which helped me with making this team
Shoutouts to Aragorn the King because everyone else gives you shoutouts all the time
Shoutouts to the Mystery Box for changing my name to Blinkie
Shoutouts to Recreant and Arikado for trolling on my profile about my new name
Shoutouts to SpaceBass cause he gave my team a rate and I just realized there is a user on ladder in the screenshot called SpaceBassIsGay lolwut??
Shoutouts to a guy who's PS username I forgot that I promised a shoutout to after I froze half his team
Shoutouts to the guy called mycode on PS that beat me twice by using a Beat Up Whimsicott on Lucario
Shoutouts to the guy that was running Cradily and Gastrodon with Mega Camel because you taught me that Cradily has Storm Drain too
Shoutouts to whoever reads this because I felt like giving you a shoutout

fren (Aromatisse) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Aromatherapy
- Dazzling Gleam

blinkie (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Protect
- Earthquake

not fren (Victini) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike
- Protect

fren (Cresselia) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Helping Hand
- Ice Beam

fren (Jellicent) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Water Spout
- Protect

fren (Rhyperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't play doubles at all, but this RMT made me laugh so I started to play. I can't critique it meaningfully cuz I don't have experience, but it's a good team, loads of fun, and it deserves this bump.

blinkie

How aren't they going to notice your Mega? You only have one.
IDK some people that like only play OU and stuff might not know that blinkie has a mega...
Also in the chat sometimes I spam "Occa Berry Abomasnow ftw" and then they think I'm holding an Occa berry...

Nah most of the time it doesn't really matter cause blinkie brakes the turn he goes mega
I tried to fix this by running Amoonguss, but I kinda learned the hard way that Rage Powder doesn't do anything against Heat Wave

blinkie

Update-
I slashed Shadow Ball with Surf cuz I keep losing to !@#$%&* Aegislash
Plus Surf hits like a full health Magikarp Flail except when you use it on Rhyperior

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On Abomasnow, I'd recommend running 4 Atk EVs and using Ice Shard > Earthquake. Non STAB Earthquake does minimal damage to key threats, and is unable to OHKO Heatran even without Shuca Berry. Ice Shard allows you to hit Landorus-T and other Ice weak mons while outside of TR.

On Victini, you should be using a Brave Nature > Adamant, as you aren't running any Speed EVs, and V Create will drop your speed.

Another option for Jellicent would be;

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald / Water Spout
- Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Water Spout is an acceptable option, however this is more defensive spread and Will-O-Wisp might support your team better. Any combo of these moves is fine, whichever suits you team better. Recover is also an option.

An alternative to the Cresselia you're using now would be this;

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Moonlight

Trick Room teams often struggle with Amoonguss, and as such a Goggles Cresselia can put a stop to that, and with this Calm Mind variant alongside healing in the form of Moonlight, this set can turn into a late game win condition if set up properly.

Last edited:

blinkie

On Abomasnow, I'd recommend running 4 Atk EVs and using Ice Shard > Earthquake. Non STAB Earthquake does minimal damage to key threats, and is unable to OHKO Heatran even without Shuca Berry. Ice Shard allows you to hit Landorus-T and other Ice weak mons while outside of TR.

On Victini, you should be using a Brave Nature > Adamant, as you aren't running any Speed EVs, and V Create will drop your speed.

Another option for Jellicent would be;

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald / Water Spout
- Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Water Spout is an acceptable option, however this is more defensive spread and Will-O-Wisp might support your team better.

An alternative to the Cresselia you're using now would be this;

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Moonlight

Trick Room teams often struggle with Amoonguss, and as such a Goggles Cresselia can put a stop to that, and with this Calm Mind variant alongside healing in the form of Moonlight, this set can turn into a late game win condition if set up properly.
Yea Erfquake is trash and I think Ice Shard is good that way I'm not completely dead(weight) outside of TR. Also I guess it could be good for Landoge although up to now I've legit seen more Regigigas than Landoge lol but apparently its p mainstream at high ladder.

IDK about Victini I wanna creep some mons out of TR but I don't know any doubles speed tiers so idk can you like tell me what it outspeeds/slows

And thxs for suggestion about Jellicent WoW is good cuz now I don't get 6-0'd by Bisharp which is good definitely gonna run it but RIP shadow ball now literally my entire team can't touch Aegislash but whatever maybe I might run Drill Run

I'll try new Cress set cause I heard safety googles blocks like powder moves so I get Spore immunity. But shouldn't all EVs be in def? Also is rainspam / sand common cuz then Moonlight is bad. never heard of setup sweepers in doubles but sure wynaut give it a try, seems like could be stronk without dark types.

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you were going to run speed on Victini, run 112 speed with an Adamant nature, and run Taunt > Bolt Strike. 112 speed will outspeed Breloom, and allow you to stop it from Sporing your Trick Room setter.

But this will be irrelevant after 1 V Create, or if Trick Room is already up.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like I said earlier I really don't know much doubles, but Bisharp has SE STAB on your entire team so I started running Colbur berry>Shuca berry on Victini. It's really useful for living sucker punches from Bisharp as well as Mega Mawile, which is also a huge threat.

blinkie

Since can't fit stuff in my siggy anymore, turning this into my C & C hub

Completed:
PU Leavanny
UU Galvantula
RU Ditto
UU Yanmega
RU Registeel
UU Milotic
PU Electrode
RU Cradily
RU Kricketune
OU Porygon2
OU Toxicroak
RU Archeops
In Progress:
NU Fraxure
Doubles Diancie(non Mega TR)
Doubles Victini
UU Trevenant
PU Politoed
RU Exploud
RU Sawk
Dropped:
Doubles Rhyperior

Suspect Votes and Posts:

OU Metagrossite

Vote

RU Pangoro + Moltres
Vote

NU Steelixite + Heliolisk
Vote

LC Suspect Test 5
Nomination

NU Mega Camerupt + Typhlosion
Vote

UU Hydreigon
Vote

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)