FB vs max def Gliscor: 137.3-161.9%
BK vs max def Gliscor: 97.5-114.7%

BK vs max def Reun: 114.2-134.4%

FB vs max def Cress: 112.8-132.7%
BK vs max def Cress: 80-94.1%

FB vs max def Mew: 140-165.8%
BK vs max def Mew: 99-116.8%

Make of that what you will.

Has anybody made a specially inclined blaziken yet? that seems like it would make for a good surprise for those who are unprepared
Aren't all his physical attacks better? Especially since HJK is 130 BP without even adding STAB?
Not to mention he has higher base Attack than Sp.Attack and with SD,he hits even physical walls stupidly hard.

Nobody uses a pure Special Blaziken, mostly due to the fact Blazikens special move-pool is very lacking (it even lacks Grass Knot compared to Infernape and Emboar) and the fact that Blaziken has access to a higher attack, move moves to choose from, and stat boosting moves like Sword Dance and Hone Claws to toy with.

However, I have seen a few MixKens. Those kinds are decent, but the Sword Dance kinds are generally better due to the capability of OHKOing almost anything.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
OK, using Adamant 252 +2 LO Sun boosted attacks, here are some calcs:

FB vs max def Gliscor: 137.3-161.9%
BK vs max def Gliscor: 97.5-114.7%

BK vs max def Reun: 114.2-134.4%

FB vs max def Cress: 112.8-132.7%
BK vs max def Cress: 80-94.1%

FB vs max def Mew: 140-165.8%
BK vs max def Mew: 99-116.8%

Make of that what you will.
I seriously overestimated Reun. With Overheat/Powerswap Ninetales and Momento Pluff, pulling off a Sword's Dance with Blaziken has never been easier (I've stupidly had to learn not to do this under any circumstances if my opponent has a potential scarfer). This information is pretty much a shoe in for me to run Blaze Kick over Flare Blitz as I like the fact that Blaziken usually forces at least two sacrifices before he goes down to priority (allowing my REAL sun sweeper to come in at that point). Cresselia is a rarity, but I'll just stick with the Stealth rock and use that to net my KOs. SR never seemed more important.

Just one more calc I need before I really ditch flare blitz for blaze kick

FB vs. 252/120 Tentacruel: 130.5% - 153.8%
BK vs. 252/120 Tentacruel: 92.6% - 109.1%

Blaze Kick it is.

Special Blaziken doesn't seem too bad, but I prefer pure physical blaziken. Even with cheer up, you just don't have many moves to choose from.

What about a mixken with overheat? it can hit hard without boosting and the special attack drops wont effect the rest of its moves and steel types are usually hit harder on the special side.

alphatron

Wish support works as well for Blaziken almost as much as it does for LO Nasty Plot Infernape.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Typically it'll either sweep the team or get KO'd by priority (or a miss) long before that would be an issue. Plus you usually won't get a second chance to set up.

Steels won't appreciate taking a 180 BP SE attack anymore than a 210 attack. The consistency outweighs the small power increase.

why? its less accurate and less powerful. I could see its value on sets made for staying in but on sets that you plan to switch out or switch to physical moves, overheat is better.
Because it's stronger than Flamethrower, doesn't suffer the side effects of Overheat, and can net KOs/2HKOes needed.

is claw sharpen (hone claws) an option? it would help HJK, blazekick, stoneedge & to a lesser extent, fire blast. it might take two turns of setup to be as strong as SD but i think its worth it to avoid missing.

alphatron

Claw sharpen is reliable if you don't want to miss, but unreliable as you lose a bit of the sheer power obtained from using sword's dance. Swords Dance Wide Lens Blaziken hits 3% harder than Claw Sharpen Life orb Blaziken and unless your luck is hilariously bad, your 99% accurate blaze kick and hi jump kick should rarely miss. Be careful with stone edge though.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Blaziken pretty much dies to a strong breeze, so you need to be able to consistently OHKO everything. Missing 10% of the time isn't as bad as not KOing something 93.75% of the time.

Honestly, I think that people are overreacting about the general inaccuracy of Blaziken's moves. Sure HJK is only 90, but so is Draco Meteor and that doesn't stop Specs Latios from spamming it at every opportunity. Blaziken's worse move is Stone Edge at 80%. Yet most offensive pokemon such as Gyarados and Tyrannitar have no qualms running it over Rock Slide. I think the only pokemon who consistently uses rock slide over stone edge is the lead aerodactyl from 4th gen. Yes missing with HJK bites as you take 50% damage, but chances are if you miss, the opponent could probably KO you.

+2 blaziken also nets several KOs that +1 can't, most notably Suicune, Jellicent (with shadow claw or maybe Stone edge, i can't recall the numbers), and Hippowdon. IMO, killing these in one hit is way better than being able to prevent a miss that could never happen.

HP Ice is also fairly decent on physical Blaziken, although finding a moveslot for it is hard. It easily KOs Gliscor after a bit of residual damage or if it switches into an attack.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
We should SERIOUSLY start writing letters to gamefreak requesting female torchics be released. I SOOO want baton pass blaziken.

hmm, here's what i'm using, and it's been really helping me out of tough spots!:

Blaziken @ Lum Berry/Life Orb, Adamant/Jolly

Blaze Kick
Hi Jump Kick
Claw Sharpen
Protect

claw sharpen helps out with blaze kick and hjk's 90 accuracy, with only one CS these two are sure-hit. protect gives blaziken a free +1 speed, so it has a better chance of outspeeding certain threats and stuff.

Claw sharpen is dumb on Blaziken. Not only is it inferior to SD Wide Lens but also HJK and Blaze Kick really don't have that bad of accuracy.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Re: Protect
You don't outspeed many significant threats at +2 that you don't at +1, and Blaziken needs an extra coverage move. When they switch in that Latias or Gyarados, you're going to really wish you had Shadow Claw or Stone Edge instead.

Re: Claw Sharpen
This has been covered several times before, but the extra power is going to matter far more often than one in ten times, which is going to be how often you miss. Also, SD Wide Lens is stronger and almost perfectly accurate with no recoil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)