Bisharp

Once again it doesn't trigger off self inflicted stat downs.
Which makes the ability a bit pointless, IMO. I mean, if Jaroda's Contrarian Leaf Storm raises it's Sp.Atk, I don't see why self-inflicted stat downs couldn't trigger Competitive Spirit.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, I read in the research thread that CS does not raise attack with Intimidate: it only cancels it.

Kirikizan has some really great things going for him. He has the best sucker punch in the game with competitive spirit. I first thought about how good he would be vs Shanderra then realized he rapes gyarados and salamence to the point its not funny.

Damage Calcs(with boost from intimidate)

Gyarados with neutral defense nature and 4 def Ev's: 76.6%-90%
Salamence with neutral defense hature and 4 def Ev's: 75.88%-89.2%

with his intimidate boost + sucker punch hes really great.
If this guy is played correctly, he will probably be a niche BL pokemon. Otherwise, UU sweeping is a likely role.

Also, you forgot to mention that he looks cool like most everybody else did.

One other thing, I say Kiri looks something like a reploid from the megaman games.

The pokemon with weapon limbs, I'm surprised don't get very good moves. I mean we have shubarugo with twin lances which is pwned by scizor, and now a dual sword dark samurai thing that doesn't have cool moves at all. He can however use sucker punch with swords dance. I think it'll be sucker punch, swords dance, metal burst, filler.

Better be some new moves for this guy in the next gen. Hopefully shell break, cause god knows that will be cool, and his design sorta fits as well.

Kirikizan @ Life Orb
Adamant | Competitive Spirit
252 atk / 252 speed / 6 def
- Rock Polish
- Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge / Brick Break

Would it work?
Yea he really would love sucker punch, superpower, baton bass, bullet punch or earthquake. However no use complaining about that now and can only hope for pokemon gray move tutors. The problem with the rock polish set is that he has poor coverage and Brick Break is just two weak to make up for that.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yikes, those stats are poor. I would have thought our Dark/Steel would have been better than this.

UU for sure, possibly BL. He's just Absol with more resists and a better ability, and Absol is difficult enough to take on after it gets that SD in. Technitop may have to make some adjustments to keep up. SD Sucker Punch is not to be estimated, not in any tier.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Who knows if gen 5's UU will be similar to gen 4's UU? I think UU will ramp in the next gen and the BL tier will be filled with even better pokemon that before.

As for this guy? Cool typing and decent stats but a movepool that is just horrible. Why didn't he get Close Combat? Or HJK... or any fighting move that's strong? Brick Break being is strongest fighting STAB will definitely hold him back. A solid UU pokemon.

Edit:

>_> oh right.
And no, his movepool is pretty garbage. SD Sucker punch is very cool though.

Who knows if gen 5's UU will be similar to gen 4's UU? I think UU will ramp in the next gen and the BL tier will be filled with even better pokemon that before.

As for this guy? Cool typing and decent stats but a movepool that is just horrible. Why didn't he get Close Combat? Or HJK... or any fighting move that's strong? Brick Break being is strongest fighting STAB will definitely hold him back. A solid UU pokemon.
for the last time guys he is steel/dark

not fighting. his move pool is fine.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
i hope that at least pursuit and suckerpunch are a legal moveset, since both are egg moves.
They are. Toxicroak learns both Pursuit and Suckerpunch by level-up, and is in the Humanshape egg group.

Game freak made some really weird decisions with not giving obvious moves to obvious pokemon. Zuzurukin doesn't get Beat Up, Kojondo doesn't get Power Whip, Kirikizaan doesnt get any kicks. Either they really are saving the good things for grey, or they weren't paying much attention to their own designs.

well honestly I think kirikizan looks more like megaman in which case his move pool fits (not really his typeing, but hey)

Game freak made some really weird decisions with not giving obvious moves to obvious pokemon. Zuzurukin doesn't get Beat Up, Kojondo doesn't get Power Whip, Kirikizaan doesnt get any kicks. Either they really are saving the good things for grey, or they weren't paying much attention to their own designs.
This is so true. Emboar lacks Focus Punch and Belly Drum, Daikenki misses out on Shell Break, Zuzurukin isn't given the rather obvious Beat Up or Sucker Punch, Doryuuzu lacks Stone Edge yet learns Rock Slide by Level-up, Nattorei doesn't get Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin, and Reshiram and Zekrom's movepools are unusually terrible for a Legendary. (Victini gets Earthquake, but Zekrom doesn't?). Why would Kojondo have Power Whip though?

That said, hopefully the third version will have some good tutors (shell break...?) and this guy will get Close Combat. It looks much more like a Steel/Fighting type than either Lucario or Kobaruon to me... Despite it's power and good resists, I think it will struggle in OU even with Sucker Punch. Mach Punchers like Breloom, Infernape, and Rohpooshin will likely be very common to revenge Doryuuzu among other threats, along with some Vacuum Wave users. Aside from the lack of Superpower, yeah, I'd say it's a superior Absol in many ways, and looks like it should be pretty threatening in the lower tiers. Taunt could help with a SD set aiming to break through Stall Teams, forcing them to activate Sucker Punch as well, though the lack of high BP moves hurts.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kojondo has long, probably flimsy arms. They saw it fit to give Licky Power Whip because of his giant tongue, so why not?

Also: don't worry, Gamefreak has always had a penchant for missing the obvious...

It looks much more like a Steel/Fighting type than either Lucario
...or maybe they're just trolls. I mean, what the fuck, I'd easily use Lick over Snorlax if it got Thick Fat. >_>

@ Ryanide: I just remembered, you didn't respond to the PM I sent a while ago. Still like the avatar. :(

he does look like a steel/fighting, but he's not and thats fine. steel/dark is still a decent typing (even if it has a x4 weakness) slap psycho cutter on him and all is fine.

This is so true. Emboar lacks Focus Punch and Belly Drum, Daikenki misses out on Shell Break, Zuzurukin isn't given the rather obvious Beat Up or Sucker Punch, Doryuuzu lacks Stone Edge yet learns Rock Slide by Level-up, Nattorei doesn't get Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin, and Reshiram and Zekrom's movepools are unusually terrible for a Legendary. (Victini gets Earthquake, but Zekrom doesn't?). Why would Kojondo have Power Whip though?

That said, hopefully the third version will have some good tutors (shell break...?) and this guy will get Close Combat. It looks much more like a Steel/Fighting type than either Lucario or Kobaruon to me... Despite it's power and good resists, I think it will struggle in OU even with Sucker Punch. Mach Punchers like Breloom, Infernape, and Rohpooshin will likely be very common to revenge Doryuuzu among other threats, along with some Vacuum Wave users. Aside from the lack of Superpower, yeah, I'd say it's a superior Absol in many ways, and looks like it should be pretty threatening in the lower tiers. Taunt could help with a SD set aiming to break through Stall Teams, forcing them to activate Sucker Punch as well, though the lack of high BP moves hurts.
Kojondo's dex entry says that it uses the fur on it's arms like a whip to attack enemies. (in the style of kung-fu monks using their sleeves to blind an opponent) But it doesn't learn any whipping moves.

Despite its beefy Attack stat, fuckton of resistances & immunities, the dreaded Sucker Punch / Pursuit double-whammy, and the bragging rights over gaining Attack from Intimidate, being easily nuked by Vacuum Wave/Focus Blast/Aura Sphere screws it over a tad. Will be very solid in lower tiers, but in higher ones, Luke, Kojondo, and the like will eat it for breakfast.

that is if kojondo makes it to high tiers brah. and everyone gets eaten by something. Garayados is(was) OU and he is molested by anything with electric attacks(which are extremely comman) so who's to say this ninja,power ranger, megaman dood won't make the cut?

sadly psycho cutter and sucker punch arn't (I think)
Actually they work together, as he can breed with a little forgot pokemon called spinda, who can surprisingly enough learn both sucker punch and psycho cut (I have no clue how the drunk bunny-bear can learn a cutting move but hey, it helps this guy a little)

he's a human shape?! dang I need to pay more attention to him *hugs leingod* UR AWSOME FOR BRINGING THIS TO MY ATTENTION.

Stat up Taunt
Kirikizan @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive Spirit
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
- Sucker Punch / Night Slash
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Swords Dance / Rock Polish

SD or RP up for the boost. Sweep with Sucker punch or Night Slash. Taunt phazers and anyone looking to set up. Iron Head for coverage and STAB. I prefer SD and Sucker Punch on this set for the extra power. Sucker punch after a SD on this thing is deadly.

A Swords Dance set with Sucker Punch is promising on paper, but we've yet to see Kirikizan's impact on the metagame.

But a two-turn set-up seems too much for someone with a 4x Fighting weakness.

It's a shame that Stealth Rock and Sucker punch are illegal together. Metal Burst/Taunt/Stealth Rock/Sucker Punch would be an awesome Anti-Lead set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)