Monotype Bird Stall (Peak #5 | 86.3% GXE)

Had some free time, so decided to try Monotype yesterday. The team itself has since peaked at #5 with 1816 ELO, and I think it definitely has potential to go higher, but I figured that I'll just stop here since the weekends are almost over. I think Monotype is an interesting tier, and does take some practice to get used to.

Anyways, I decided to go with a stall team once more. Stall in Monotype is a bit tricky, but I think Flying is probably the best type for it, due to Skarmory, Zapdos and Gliscor. This team went through a few iterations, and I was constantly changing it every few games, until I was satisfied with the EVs, Movesets and Members. Still, it still has its fair share of problems, although they can usually be outplayed.

Proof of Peak:

*Character name is pizzabois.

Team at a Glance

Team-Building Process

Funnily enough, I started this Mono journey with Articuno once again. Articuno bolsters excellent special defense, allowing it to wall many of the special attackers in the tier. However, the key component of its success is Pressure. With Pressure + Defog, Articuno can outlast many of the common hazard users such as Nidoking. Articuno also has access to Heal Bell, which provided great cleric support for the team. The downside of Articuno is that it's 4x weak to SR, but since I was planning to go all-in on hazard warfare, this became irrelevant.

Next, I needed another specially defensive wall for the powerful Fire Types in the tier such as Volcarona and Charizard-Y. This was originally Moltres, but Mantine also allowed me to defeat Manaphy, so I decided to go for that instead. After some experimentation, I went with max SpD Mantine, to handle punishment from set-up sweepers, although I am considering switching it to Physically Defensive.

Sadly, two specially defensive walls aren't enough. I needed a third for all the electric attackers in the game. Thus I landed with Zapdos, as it really was the only viable option, since most electric attackers also run Ice coverage. Generally speaking, I run max SpD Zapdos with Light Screen as well, so that I don't get completely destroyed by Electric teams. Also, Zapdos has Pressure, and can actually avoid getting 2HKO'd by Kyurem-B Ice Beam most of the time. I run Heat Wave for Scizor and other Steel types.

Now, the only problem left was how to Defog against M-Diancie. Heatran was also annoying, as Mantine could lose with Toxic + Taunt, so Gliscor seemed the obvious choice. Unfortunately, I had to run max SpD, otherwise M-Diancie and Heatran can 2HKO. Gliscor also helps to defog against some of the Toxic Spamming threats in the tier, so Articuno doesn't have to constantly expend its Heal Bells.

Can't have a bird stall without Skarmory. Now that I had the specially defensive core, I needed something for the physical attackers in the tier. Skarmory basically counters most physical attackers in the tier without issues. Most of the other Pokemon in the team could also act as Mixed Walls due to their heavy bulk. Skarmory also acts as the primary SR user of the team.

I was pretty much done at this point, with all the defensive elements of the team, but I also needed a fast Pursuit user, to rid myself of trouble-some wall-breakers that could break through the team. It's probably the most expendable member on the team, but is still rather useful occasionally, in emergencies.

I thought I was done, but the Kyurem-B weakness was still quite annoying, and I realized I also began to have a weakness for Stored Power Latias. Anyways, Celesteela solves this problem quite nicely, as well as providing the team with another physically defensive check for threats that Skarmory cannot handle alone. Celesteela also helps out against my Nihilego match-up. Therefore, I resolved to replace M-Aero with Celesteela.

The Team

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Defog

Articuno acts as a specially defensive check to a large portion of the Mono Meta-Game. Heal Bell provides additional sustainability and support to team members, while also ensuring that Articuno is always in a healthy condition. Maximum Special Defense in combination with its stellar 90/100/125 defenses allows it to soak a very heavy amount of punishment. Freeze Dry provides Articuno with some great coverage by itself, as well as a nifty freeze chance. Pressure Stalling has been the key to victory in many games.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

I needed something to defog against M-Diancie, which was quite problematic, and also Heatran. Max SpD Gliscor was essential to stopping both these threats. It also helps check some problematic threats such as Z-Kommo-O and Toxic Spamming Hazard Setters. I run Knock Off for Utility, and prefer it over Facade. Gliscor also dissuades Specs Koko from just spamming Thunderbolt to win, as long as I watch out for HP Ice. It also acts as a great check for Zeraora.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Mantine acts as the specially defensive check for powerful Fire type attackers such as Charizard-Y and Volcarona. I started running Toxic on Mantine, so that it can deal with these threats adequately. Mantine also acts as an excellent check to many Water Attackers, such as Golisopod, Araquanid, Keldeo and Manaphy. Mantine can also act as a check for Z-Kommonium Kommo-O. I have moved over some SpD EVs to Defense, so that Mantine can tank physical attacks a bit better.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Roost
- Whirlwind

No bird team is complete without Skarmory. This mon is one of the sole reasons I chose Flying, as it provided a very reliable physically defensive check to nearly all physical threats in the meta-game. Rocky Helmet is used to punish U-Turners and physical attackers. Counter + Sturdy provides a last minute emergency KO against dangerous threats such as Victini. I chose Stealth Rock over Spikes, due to the prevalence of Mono-Flying Teams. Whirlwind provides phasing for threats that get to out of control.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Discharge

Zapdos is another specially defensive check, so that this team doesn't lose straight-out vs Mono Electric and Tapu Koko. It's also very useful against Steel Types such as Celesteela, as well as Flying Attackers such as Thundurus, Hawlucha, Pinsir-Mega etc. I run Pressure to stall out more PP, and gain the victory against opposing Bulky Teams. I realised that I also needed Light Screen, so that Zapdos was able to sufficiently deal with Special Attackers. Heat Wave and Discharge provide excellent coverage against most mons. 16 Speed EVs to outrun Adamant Base 70s like Breloom and Bisharp.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Celesteela allows the team to deal better with some threats such as Stored Power Latias, Kyurem-B and Nihilego. All of these threats were limiting the team prior to this. I run a physically defensive set so that it could supplement Skarmory as a physical wall. Leech Seed provides pseudo-recovery and Flamethrower is there to threaten opposing Steel Types. Some SpD EVs are allocated so that Celesteela can handle attacks from both sides of the spectrum.

Conclusions

I've had a lot of fun with this team and Monotype has been an interesting experience too. There are some threats with this team though, primarily Kyurem-B, as BoltBeam coverage is quite strong, which means that it has to be ouplayed by Pressure-Stalling Fusion Bolts.

This will probably be my last RMT, since I've run out of tiers to play. I have provided some replays and the importable below. Apologies for the lack of replays.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Freeze-Dry

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Discharge

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hey Cookees, interesting spin on the bulky Flying teams that have been around in Monotype. I have a few comments to help the team out overall. The team had the right idea, I just tweaked it around a bit so the roles would be filled better and replaced Skarmory for Celesteela, as the biggest change to the team.

SubToxic + Freeze Dry > Heal Bell + Defog
While Articuno is a sub-optimal Pokemon on Flying it can fit on this team. The major change I made to this was to make it a SubToxic user, this is far more efficient than using Articuno as a Defog user. It can spread toxic and ease up the water matchup allowing the team to handle Pokemon such as Greninja with more ease. I also decided to remove Heal Bell off of Articuno, because that shared bad synergy with Gliscor, a key component to the team, which relies on its Poison damage to effectively wall other Pokemon. The reason I choose to use Max Speed over Special Defense was so it could set up Substitute as quickly as possible, to avoid status and being Taunted by slower Pokemon such as support Mew.
Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Toxic

Haze > Toxic & EV Spread Change
Basically what this new Mantine spread does is make the team 100% less weak to Belly Drum Azumarill, which otherwise is a huge nuisance to Flying-type teams. The Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Max Speed Jolly Azumarill and then Haze away its boosts. This allows Mantine to take care of Azumarill and still have enough HP left to Defog away hazards after a Play Rough. Since I took away Toxic from Mantine I placed it on Zapdos and Articuno, still giving the other walls and Mega Aerodactyl Toxic support, weakening their respective checks.
Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Celesteela > Skarmory
This is the biggest change to the team, replacing Skarmory with Celesteela. You say that the reason you chose Skarmory was that it roles Stealth Rock and a check to Physical Pokemon into one slot, however, it does not really check Victini, even with Counter like in your description and the simple fact of the matter is that Celesteela does what Skarmory does but better. This also allows the team to have a more solid Mega Diancie check allowing me to optimize the Gliscor spread. These particular moves allow it to take on pesky Steel-types with more ease, allowing it to get rid of Pokemon such as Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn with more ease. It also provides the other walls on the team with Leech Seed support, allowing them to switch-in with more ease while acting as sustainable recovery for itself.
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Taunt > Knock Off & EV spread change
Basically, this new EV spread makes the team a bit less weak to Choice Band Victini, a pain to all Flying teams. The HP and Defense EVs guarantee that it always live 1 Choice Band V-Create, allowing then Gliscor to take out Victini or Roost on its predicted switch. Since this can outspeed Heatran it should be used as a switch-in to it and then proceed to Roost or Earthquake. Taunt also allows Gliscor to break other walls such as Chansey, prevents walls from recovering off damage, and can be used to prevent other Pokemon from setting or removing hazards. The reason I decided to make Gliscor and Mantine the only Defoggers on the team is because due to their typings they can pretty much Defog against the entire metagame bar Pokemon like Kyurem-B. Since I also changed Gliscor from Max Special Defense, Celesteela acts as the teams main Mega Diancie check as this is 2HKOed by Moonblast.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 124 SpD / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Stealth Rock > Roost
This was a fairly minor change, I just changed Roost to Stealth Rock. Since I changed Skarmory to Celesteela, the thing that was missing from the team was hazards, and Mega Aerodactyl fit that role perfectly. Being able to role compress for Flying teams acting as a Stealth Rock setter and a Pursuit trapper is invaluable. It also is a fantastic hazard setter due to the fact it has a good matchup against a large majority of Defog users such as Latios, Mandibuzz, and Mantine.
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

SubToxic > Light Screen Attacker Set?
Ah yes, the other SubToxic user. Cause spamming Toxic, you just can't have enough of it. This Zapdos outpaces threats such as Suicune and Nidoking, allowing it to Toxic the former while Roosting off damage and clicking Substitute against the ladder. It also has a nice matchup against Water and Flying teams. Overall this set is fairly standard and effective on Bulky Flying teams. The reason I removed Light Screen is that Zapdos, while might be able to use that severely reduces its utility in a few matchups and rarely has time to just set up a screen. Light Screen while might help wall a few Special Attacks is best reserved for Hyper Offensive teams to help a setup sweeper actually setup, but this team has no setup Pokemon and is therefore kind of pointless.
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic

Articuno @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Toxic

Mantine @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic

Anyway here is the revised team, if you have any questions pm me on Smogon or find me on PS as iExca!

Hey Cookees, interesting spin on the bulky Flying teams that have been around in Monotype. I have a few comments to help the team out overall. The team had the right idea, I just tweaked it around a bit so the roles would be filled better and replaced Skarmory for Celesteela, as the biggest change to the team.

SubToxic + Freeze Dry > Heal Bell + Defog
While Articuno is a sub-optimal Pokemon on Flying it can fit on this team. The major change I made to this was to make it a SubToxic user, this is far more efficient than using Articuno as a Defog user. It can spread toxic and ease up the water matchup allowing the team to handle Pokemon such as Greninja with more ease. I also decided to remove Heal Bell off of Articuno, because that shared bad synergy with Gliscor, a key component to the team, which relies on its Poison damage to effectively wall other Pokemon. The reason I choose to use Max Speed over Special Defense was so it could set up Substitute as quickly as possible, to avoid status and being Taunted by slower Pokemon such as support Mew.
Articuno @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Toxic

Haze > Toxic & EV Spread Change
Basically what this new Mantine spread does is make the team 100% less weak to Belly Drum Azumarill, which otherwise is a huge nuisance to Flying-type teams. The Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Max Speed Jolly Azumarill and then Haze away its boosts. This allows Mantine to take care of Azumarill and still have enough HP left to Defog away hazards after a Play Rough. Since I took away Toxic from Mantine I placed it on Zapdos and Articuno, still giving the other walls and Mega Aerodactyl Toxic support, weakening their respective checks.
Mantine @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Celesteela > Skarmory
This is the biggest change to the team, replacing Skarmory with Celesteela. You say that the reason you chose Skarmory was that it roles Stealth Rock and a check to Physical Pokemon into one slot, however, it does not really check Victini, even with Counter like in your description and the simple fact of the matter is that Celesteela does what Skarmory does but better. This also allows the team to have a more solid Mega Diancie check allowing me to optimize the Gliscor spread. These particular moves allow it to take on pesky Steel-types with more ease, allowing it to get rid of Pokemon such as Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn with more ease. It also provides the other walls on the team with Leech Seed support, allowing them to switch-in with more ease while acting as sustainable recovery for itself.
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Taunt > Knock Off & EV spread change
Basically, this new EV spread makes the team a bit less weak to Choice Band Victini, a pain to all Flying teams. The HP and Defense EVs guarantee that it always live 1 Choice Band V-Create, allowing then Gliscor to take out Victini or Roost on its predicted switch. Since this can outspeed Heatran it should be used as a switch-in to it and then proceed to Roost or Earthquake. Taunt also allows Gliscor to break other walls such as Chansey, prevents walls from recovering off damage, and can be used to prevent other Pokemon from setting or removing hazards. The reason I decided to make Gliscor and Mantine the only Defoggers on the team is because due to their typings they can pretty much Defog against the entire metagame bar Pokemon like Kyurem-B. Since I also changed Gliscor from Max Special Defense, Celesteela acts as the teams main Mega Diancie check as this is 2HKOed by Moonblast.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Stealth Rock > Roost
This was a fairly minor change, I just changed Roost to Stealth Rock. Since I changed Skarmory to Celesteela, the thing that was missing from the team was hazards, and Mega Aerodactyl fit that role perfectly. Being able to role compress for Flying teams acting as a Stealth Rock setter and a Pursuit trapper is invaluable. It also is a fantastic hazard setter due to the fact it has a good matchup against a large majority of Defog users such as Latios, Mandibuzz, and Mantine.
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

SubToxic > Light Screen Attacker Set?
Ah yes, the other SubToxic user. Cause spamming Toxic, you just can't have enough of it. This Zapdos outpaces threats such as Suicune and Nidoking, allowing it to Toxic the former while Roosting off damage and clicking Substitute against the ladder. It also has a nice matchup against Water and Flying teams. Overall this set is fairly standard and effective on Bulky Flying teams. The reason I removed Light Screen is that Zapdos, while might be able to use that severely reduces its utility in a few matchups and rarely has time to just set up a screen. Light Screen while might help wall a few Special Attacks is best reserved for Hyper Offensive teams to help a setup sweeper actually setup, but this team has no setup Pokemon and is therefore kind of pointless.
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic

Articuno @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Toxic

Mantine @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic

Anyway here is the revised team, if you have any questions pm me on Smogon or find me on PS as iExca!
Thanks for your suggestions. I can tell that you have spent a lot of effort on formatting and have clearly thought this through. You've made some interesting proposals that I may test out maybe during the upcoming weekends. The Mantine set looks good, and I think I will likely switch to that.

I'm not fully sure about running SubToxic Zapdos and SubToxic Articuno, especially as the reduced special defenses would leave me vulnerable to being 2HKO'd by some strong special threats like Nidoking, Tapu Koko, Specs Hydreigon etc. but I might test out the set on Zapdos and see how it goes.

The Gliscor set change seems quite interesting, and the Speed EVs could be quite useful as you have pointed out, so I'll definitely take that into consideration. Unfortunately, I'm not fully sure about replacing Skarmory with Celesteela, since the lack of reliable recovery on Celesteela would mean that it could only switch-in a finite amount of times to physical threats before being overwhelmed. But I might test it out over something else like M-Aerodactyl instead.

Anyways, many thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate the effort and thoughts behind your changes. I will take them into consideration when I revisit Monotype in the near future.

Last edited:
Alright, just a small update. Following some of the suggestions that maroon has kindly proposed and additional testing, I have made a few adjustments to the team by replacing M-Aero with Celesteela, and giving Mantine a more physically defensive set.

The team has now reached #5 on ladder with 1816 ELO and 86.3% GXE. I have provided the Importable below. I have also added some more replays to the RMT. I may or may not push for higher if I have the time.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Freeze-Dry

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Discharge

Last edited:
Alright, just a small update. Following some of the suggestions that maroon has kindly proposed and additional testing, I have made a few adjustments to the team by replacing M-Aero with Celesteela, and giving Mantine a more physically defensive set.

The team has now reached #5 on ladder with 1816 ELO and 86.3% GXE. I have provided the Importable below. I have also added some more replays to the RMT. I may or may not push for higher if I have the time.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Freeze-Dry

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Discharge

Evidently you dont seem to mind azumarill, I would like to know if you usually revenge with skarmory or if people don't drum on you because they assume you are the mantine set maroon posted so they don't bother to drum on you out of habit (I didn't see enough replays vs fairy to tell).

I used a similar stall team in oras and, though not as common in sm, bisharp is a massive threat to flying stall because of the defiant boost. I'd suggest adding 16 speed evs to zapdos (I ran light screen back then too for a period of time, it was nice vs gardevoir-mega). 16evs is a tiny investment for being able to outpace adamant base 70s like bisharp and breloom. Changing your gliscor set to this below would still avoid the 2hko from diancie-mega but now outspeed adamant base 70s like bisharp.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Nice team. Not entirely sure you would need the gliscor change because of your skarmory (and lack of bisharps), but maybe it would relieve some pressure on it.

Evidently you dont seem to mind azumarill, I would like to know if you usually revenge with skarmory or if people don't drum on you because they assume you are the mantine set maroon posted so they don't bother to drum on you out of habit (I didn't see enough replays vs fairy to tell).

I used a similar stall team in oras and, though not as common in sm, bisharp is a massive threat to flying stall because of the defiant boost. I'd suggest adding 16 speed evs to zapdos (I ran light screen back then too for a period of time, it was nice vs gardevoir-mega). 16evs is a tiny investment for being able to outpace adamant base 70s like bisharp and breloom. Changing your gliscor set to this below would still avoid the 2hko from diancie-mega but now outspeed adamant base 70s like bisharp.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Nice team. Not entirely sure you would need the gliscor change because of your skarmory (and lack of bisharps), but maybe it would relieve some pressure on it.
Thanks for your feedback. Generally speaking, I'm not too concerned about Azumarill. +6 Aqua Jet fails to OHKO Zapdos and Articuno, both of which can OHKO (50%) in return with Discharge and Freeze-Dry respectively. Skarmory also survives a +6 Knock Off after Stealth Rocks and can revenge with Counter. Therefore, I figured that would be adequate for checking Azumarill, and thus I didn't allocate 96 Speed EVs and a Timid Nature for Mantine.

Good call on the Zapdos EVs, I'll likely switch to that right now and update the RMT. I probably won't change the Gliscor set though for now, since Bisharp is relatively rare and I do have Skarmory as you mentioned, but I will consider it in the future. Thanks for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)