Big Dragon Leaves The Ghetto (Special 1K Inside!)

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Big Dragon Leaves The Ghetto
A Salamence Retirement Team

Introduction:

This is the team I created back when Salamence was starting to get more recognition as a suspect. Being extremely liquid minded when it comes to OU, I had to adapt to common metagame trends so I couldn't resort to my gimmicks like I do in UU. With that said, I used the famous Salamence to muscle my way through most of my wins. Needless to say, Salamence has been quite the member of my team and it is probably responsible to 100% of my wins.

Synergy:

Before we get to synergy, this team was not built solely on Salamence, but it was instead built with Machamp. Back when I made this team, Machamp was extremely rare and I derived the idea from a great player named panamaxis. Only a couple of people really knew about Machamp, and this allowed me to rack up some wins in the ladder and several tour matches. No one really prepared for Machamp. Between Machamp + Salamence, I use these two to dent most defensive cores that might trouble my main sweeper, which is Suicune. I had two slots in my team left, so I followed Marriland's heart and went for a simple SkarmBliss core. I topped off my team with a simple Rotom-H to combat with many offensive threats. With that, I created one of the best teams I have ever made!

Microscope:

Machamp (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP/248 Atk/6 Spd/16 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice Punch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch

Description:

As previously mentioned, this one had a spot for my team back when it wasn't popular yet. I got the idea from panamaxis, so I thought I might use it as well. This lead literally pumps up the momentum of my team; if it loses at the start of the match, the chances of me winning is now slimmer. Thankfully, not many leads can defeat it but as of late people are adjusting to the awesomeness of Machamp. I'm looking at Overheat Heatran and Colburelf particularly. This is key to start my matches as it fishes out at least three members of the opponent's team due to the feat of confusion hax. It allows me to see the entire team at a hindsight and how I could play around those threats to let Suicune sweep.

DynamicPunch is easily the crux of this set as it rightfully defeats bulky leads such as Forretress, Swampert, and Skarmory. This is important for my team because Stealth Rock must not be set and it ultimately allows Salamence to switch in many times in the match without taking 25% of its health. Payback deals with Rotom mostly; I stay in 100% of the time to damage it because this will help CM Suicune sweep later in the match. Ice Punch deals with Dragonite and Roserade leads. Bullet Punch rounds off the set beautifully as it finishes off sash users like Aerodactly, Azelf, Roserade, and Smeargle. Lum Berry is needed to destroy Sleep users.
---

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/36 Spd/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Description:

Part of my famous Marriland core: SkarmBliss! Back when I made this team, Latias was still in the tier and I needed a Steel-type who can take advantage of free turns to set up Spikes. Spikes plays an integral part to my team's success; it places many defensive Pokemon in a tight situation when switching into Salamence. If you're a grounded Steel-type, prepare to be pounded by Draco Meteor.

Taunt is very convenient to this set as it allows me to maintain my momentum to my team, ultimately being up to par with enemy stall teams. Taunt shuts down many Pokemon including Blissey, Skarmory, Forretress, and even Suicune. Whirlwind allows me to phaze away CM Suicune and other CM threats, Flygon, and Mamoswine to name a few. The key idea here is to keep scouting and racking up residual damage. Once every team member is revealed, the planning can commence and I can visualize my CM Suicune sweep lategame. Roost is obviously needed to heal off damage. Careful nature + 36 Speed EVs ensure I outpace enemy Skarmory who invest 20 Spe EVs -- pretty much "counter teaming". Careful allows me to stay in on the likes of HP Fire Shaymin, Latias with Surf, to name a few.
---

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Description:

The final core of the famous Marriland core: SkarmBliss! Often regarded as bitch, hoe, fat slut, to name a few personas, Blissey will always has a place on my team and it has always been my favourite defensive pivot. Many people questioned Blissey's position on a semi-fast paced team like this -- mostly YTP questioned it, but it does have some key points to my teams success. First and foremost, I needed a Latias check because it literally curbstomps my entire team without it. I did not want to use Tyranitar or Scizor because they lacked something Blissey doesn't have: reliable recovery. This is also my defensive backbone against specially based threats such as Jolteon and Starmie, who would otherwise destroy my team.

Thunder Wave has been the least desired move as a status move, but I personally enjoy the little hax to overcome my wins. Sounds a bit fiendish, but it wins me games. Outside of hax, paralyzing physical offensive threats like Tyranitar, Salamence, Gyarados is always an added bonus. Thunder Wave is also needed for me to defeat the famous SugaRachi (Calm Mind + Wish variant). Without it, it can field on my team any second and I need it paralyzed to stun it several time and place it on a tight situation. Stealth Rock is obviously important and setting it up is probably the easier considering the amount of free turns Blissey gets. Seismic Toss is probably the most consistent attack move Blissey will ever use, I did go to Ice Beam at one point but I lacked the ability to check offensive Suicune without Rest. Believe it or not, this is the best EV spread you can use on Blissey; it survives stuff like Outrage from Salamence.
---

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 228 HP/252 Spd/28 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump

Description:

Rotom-W is probably the defenition of defensive backbone of my team in terms of checking many dangerous threats like Crocune, SD Lucario, SD Scizor, DD Gyarados, to name a few. It is primarily my main glue for offensive threats with a DD boosting move. Rotom provides good typing to switch into many moves and a Choice Scarf seems fitting to this set to help it overcome many quick threats. The EV spread was the key to this set: 28 Special Attack EVs was all I needed to 2HKO offensive Latias, the surplus is sent to the HP department to help it switch into stuff like Gyarados and Lucario more recklessly.

Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are obviously givens to this set and it can deal good damage to stuff like Lucario even with the lack of investment. Thanks to Spikes though, I won't need that much Special Attack EVs to OHKO Lucario. Hydro Pump was probably my latest addition to this team due to the sudden increase of Choice Scarf Tyranitar. If I need to, I would use Hydro Pump on a weakened Lucario to avoid having an easy trap for Scarf Tyranitar; it was too prevalent to ignore the usefulness of ScarfTar so Hydro Pump was obviously a change I needed to use.
---

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Earthquake

Description:

The self-proclaimed stall breaker itself makes a place to my team. I would say that this is the star of my team due to its ability to support my CM Suicune sweep. While the star of my team typically goes to the main sweeper, Salamence steals the spotlight with its destructive ability to rip apart new assholes on all types of teams. Salamence is a walking bag of destruction. Equipped with a high Speed, infectious unpredictability, and an arsenal of three moves that provide unresisted coverage; the powerful stall breaker will not be forgotten.

Between Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, and Earthquake, it only takes a simple toddler to choose which move to use. Skarmory? I'd use Draco Meteor only finding the opponents in the tighter situation after they switch in someone like Swampert or Vaporeon. Prediction cannot become easier than this. You add Roost to the mix to heal off SR damage and Sandstorm and the fact that Salamence forces so many switches, this bad boy is simply not going down without a fight. Salamence has been a blessing to use offensively. Defensively, it can provide to be useful by checking stuff like SD Lucario when needed or even Gyarados. Have fun in the Uber tier Salamence!
---

Suicune
@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump

Description:

My primary sweeper and usually whipped out later in the match! Once everything has been fully scouted and I have seen everything from a hindsight. I can plan on setting up Calm Mind and literally sweep with this thing. Not many can stand its ability to destroy stuff for hard damage, while having the ability to sustain a sufficient amount of bulky thanks to Calm Mind. Priority will not work on the physical defensive juggernaut like Suicune. This is why Suicune makes the best lategame sweeper in the game, in my opinion! With all the soft checks severely weakened and possibly fainted (Vaporeon, Blissey, Rotom, and Latias) thanks to my entire team support, the sweep can commence.

Calm Minding should be an easy task for Suicune thanks to its high defensive stat on both ends. Many semi-fast Pokemon like Mamoswine and Lucario would often switch-in, only taking Hydro Pump to the face twenty seconds later. Timid nature ensures I outpace Adamant Lucario, Rotom, and Mamoswine. Hydro Pump over Surf adds that extra umph to OHKO Metagross, defensive Rotom, and even weakened Blissey. The only way I am losing is if it misses, but I really don't give two shits. Hidden Power Electric adds another check to Gyarados when needed, and it allows me to hit weakened Vaporeon and Starmie for hard damage. Ice Beam hits Grass-types like Celebi for hard damage. It also hits Latias for super effective damage (back when it was in the tier.)
---

Conclusion:

Its been fun using this team and it definitely one of the best teams I created. Its easy to use because of Salamence. I've won several major tournaments wins with this, most notably the Smogon Tour OU Finals run. I would like some advise though on how I can keep my synergy, while replacing Salamence at the same time! Good Luck, 1.6k the next post.

---------------------------------

Special 1.6K aka dick sucking (Late 1K post!, might as well post one):

No particular order =/

#uu:

Bluewind: Great friend no homo. Helps me build teams, great battler, and an awesome BRASILLIAN.

Folgorio: The 6'2 mexican with slanted eyes actually has a place on my mention. He might be the biggest noob ever, but he is pretty hilarious for an ugly guy.

Eo: Thanks for uploading all my shit when I bug you. A great battler and I always enjoy beating your LC stall team. Pretty witty too and I enjoy your one word responses.

Thund91/FlareBlitz: I feel like placing you two in the same category; both gimmick battlers and great team builders. I'm going to be perfectly honest, I don't ladder when you guys are laddering. I hate playing Jynx mostly.

Ironbullet93: Stop losing to stall

-Meowth-: One of the coolest mofo in smogon, but barely posts though. You're hilarious dude and is always ready to give me a good battle in UU.

Bad Ass: Fuck this guy, always stealing my ideas. All jokes aside, you're a good battler and you give good advises.

HR.: I'll see you in next Smogon Tour where we would always play after we lose. Go on some more hell (BAN ME PLEASE).

Heysup: You are in boys camp, and you'll probably never open an OU RMT. I will enjoy beating you at all times. PS. I never counter team you.

Legacy Raider: Thank you for getting me my RMT badge, I've always looked up to your teams back when I was learning how to play. Pretty cool guy, and come play some more.

RT.: This guy needs to come on more. I remember playing you with your gay stall teams. Good battler.

Smurf.: This guy is ghost as well and barely comes on the ladder. When he does he always puts up a good fight. I am under an alt btw ;)

whistle: An awesome chink but I sometimes wonder if you're retarded. All jokes aside, thanks for grammar checking my retarded contents.

Stallion: Awesome guy. I've always had my best battles when I was playing you because our teams are always even. Play some more though.

Jak3: I like the way you predict. I don't see you on anymore though.

august: my nigga! play some more.

PK Gaming: Keep promoting underrated Pokemon man! You're not half bad as people claim you to be.

#lc:

Vader/ete: I feel like placing you two in the same category. Vader for being a nice guy when I came on #littecup, and basically made me feel welcomed. Though Vader is a self-proclaimed "Little Cup", I always thought you were Little Cup (no homo). A good guy to approach too.

Tdubbery aka Dub: Great guy. Philly not winning next year though!

Dracoyoshi8: I enjoy your gimmicks

GoldenKnight14: You will make a great replacement once ete and Vader leaves. I feel like you have the second most responsibility, just a feeling.

elevator_music: Great battler. Most of my good times when playing Little Cup came from all our matches.

kd24: the little cup cup guy who changes teams every cup.

iss/sledge: Good battlers. Put you in the same category because I have no idea why.

MGX/Black Buddha: Why don't you come on more often? Pretty cool guy and was a nice guy when I came to #littlecup the first time. We should make our NU Hail Team 2.0 when you're not busy.

mackle: Cool guy. I find you funny sometimes. Good luck using Rain Dance on LC ladder.

rolfkip: Great guy to talk to.

#Cool:

Bloo: DA Boss himself, one cool (BAN ME PLEASE). I just wished you rated more maybe then I came go back to my old format. 9.9

Fuzznip: A fellow Canadian and fellow 09er. One of the most mature users out there despite his username. You are a good battler as well in LC from what I remembered back when you used to play (at least I think you quit LC).

Plus: Even though I am not chinese, you will always be my chink bro no homo. Go watch the new Boondocks episodes!

tab: The man responsible for my badging.. not really. A pretty hilarious guy who has the best reactions to certain stuff. 9.9

Fireburn: Cool guy overall. Just need to come on IRC more nig.

vashta: At first I was intimidated by your white presence, but then I recently found out your anotha brotha. You are great battler and a chill guy once I got to know you. Good going.

Rising_Dusk: This guy is the boss as well. Congrats on your recent badging, I think you'll turn out to be one of smogons finest members (no homo). You rock don't ever change.

Umbreon_Dan: Another Canadian. Pretty chill guy, I don't know why people say you are a troll.

reyscarface: This guy is one chill guy. I don't know why some peole dislike you as a user, but I think you're p. cool overall. Good COD battler and a Bleach fan (yea son son!!!!). I just wish you gave Op a chance.

Setsuna.: My spanish bro. This guy keeps on moving on to bigger things. Remember who told you to be patient, REMEMBER SON!

MetaNite: The guy who always says Hi to me. Keep doing what you're doing in both C&C and RMT, maybe youll get the same badge set as me son. have fun in india!

Jun.: Awesome ._. come on more though pinoy.

#random:

Aldaron: Pretty cool guy; good UU battler and knowledgeable of One Piece. (probably the next biggest fan next to me ofc).

supermarth64: a chinese guy with a white name what?

joel22: Keep using Rain Dance noob. Joking.

joshe: One of the coolest guys I've ever met. A nice guy when I first came to #ratemyteam and was extremely welcoming despite all the bashing I got when I came to the channel. Pretty hilarious guy too; keep partying and keep banging that girlfriend of yours, her asshole must be two times the size by now from what you do daily. 9.9 Sorry to dissapoint you, I am not asian I gave you fake pics LOL.

ToF: Great UU battler.

xianglongfa: this guy disappeared cause of the man above me.

Friar: Where did you go? This guy is quite cool.

Scimjara: This guy has been my bro since Friendcode days. Glad to see you move to that shithole, I hope to bring the cool guys there one day here to smogon. Help me out bruh.

Dormin: My RMT tutor -- the best.

Enz0: Take care of frisket.

Stathakis: My unofficial RMT tutor.

SOMALIA: a cool nig.

Theorymon: A big inspiring user to many users, not me though, I don't care about ubers. A pretty cool guy, but he needs to test out my Honchkrow set.

TONY MONTANNA: fukin german

Snorlaxe: Grow up kid and get on my level son. Congrats on your long awaited Lady Bug.

Thoughts/tennisace: BOSS_THOUGHTS & tennis, thank you for bringing me to Tigers!

Phillip####: An excellent battler, smogoner (so much badges), and a responsible guy. I think you're an overall great smogon user, and don't worry Tigers will give you another badge!

LoveDestiny: fukin chink. I'm not a chink by the way, I gave you fake pics. But you're still one of the coolest chinks here! Get some pum pum on smogon. seeeen.

locopoke: I enjoy you insulting Sprinkles. gave me several lols.

Xia: ty for grammar checks!

Diesel: ty for grammar checks!

AromaFlora: ty for grammar checks!

Misty: ty for changing my name back.

YTP: How can I forget this one, maybe because you don't go on anymore? Anyways, YTP has actually disliked this team because it was weak to stall but I've proved him wrong. Cool guy to talk to in IRC (if he did go on), and always a pleasure sharing unique team concepts with. too bad cod has taken over his life.

Sorry if I missed some people! PM me if I did haha.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Threat List:

Scizor:
-Initial Switch: Skarmory
-SD Variant: Rotom can take care of this, so can Suicune, and Skarmory. I don't think it has much time to set up anyways. This is a rare variant.
-CB Variant: It can't threaten much, I have two resist on this team and Spikes + SR will take a huge toll on this Pokemon

Salamence:
-Initial Switch: An initial switch does not exist. But I do make my first switch to a Steel-type all the time. It does not have much place to switch in the first place.
-MixMence: Hard to decipher, between Skarmory and Blissey they can check this guy. Blissey can beat it with Thunder Wave. Salamence can switch into Brick Break if needed. The possibilities are endless
-DDMence: Often overshadowed by the popularity of Mix Mence, but this is the hardest Pokemon to check. Skarmory can phaze and Stealth Rock needs to be placed on the field pretty much.
-SpecsMence: Blissey
-CBMence: Skarmory is my intial switch, from there i will figure out if the damage done is too much. if it is CB mence, then I can Roost off the damage and set up Spikes in the meantime.

Heatran:
-Initial Switch: Blissey because I don't want the opponent to know I have a Suicune in the wings. If Blissey is extremely worn down, I can go to Suicune
-Lead Shuca/SashTran: Back then this was the easiest to beat because most of them packed Fire Blast. Overheat is become prelevant so I go to Salamence sometimes depending on my opponent's intelligence level of the metagame.
-ScarfTran: Blissey, Salamence, and Suicune mostly. Blissey mostly though so I can spread paralysis some more.
-SpecsTran: One of the toughest to switch into, typically Blissey will switch in, Softboiled the following turn. Hopefully, Spikes + SR will limit its switches.
-LO Tran: It has no counters, so I have to play through a series of switches to fish out that Explosion from Heatran.
-SubHeatran: Blissey doesn't mind Toxic, can Seismic Toss, and beat it eventually.

Gyarados:
-Initial Switch: I have to make a special case for this, Suicune comes in depending on what item it holds. If it holds Life Orb, Suicune is certainely going to come in.
-Leftovers DD: Rotom.
-Life Orb DD: Suicune and Rotom can check this.
-Restalk: I can set up Spikes easily with this, Taunt its attempts of DDing, and proceed to Whirlwind if it does switch out.

Rotom-A:
-Initial Switch: You can never go wrong with Blissey. Most run Will-O-Wisp variant so the thought of getting Trick is the last thing on my mind.
-Scarf: Blissey can switch in and sometimes Rotom.
-Restalk: Blissey can paralyze, and even Salamence can switch into this easily.
-SubCharge Beam: One of my many dangerous threats. I usually go to Machamp if it is at full health to break its Sub. Go to Rotom to sacrficice, then go to Salamence to scare it away. From this point, I'll avoid going to Blissey so i'll have to start double switching.

Tyranitar:
-Initial Switch: Skarmory typically to set up Spikes. Careful nature means Fire Blast will not surprise kill me. Machamp comes in
-ScarfTar: Skarmory sets up, Machamp comes in as well
-CBTar: Skarmory sets up, Machamp comes in as well
-DDTar: Skarmory can easily phaze, and Suicune can come in when needed.
-BOAH Variants: Suicune can phaze away, Stealth Rock + Spikes + Sub will eventually take a huge toll on its HP.
-CurseTar: Skarmory can never have too much fun setting up.

Metagross:
-LeadGross: Most run Lum berry, so i go directly to Skarmory to set up two layers of Spikes easily.
-CBGross: Suicune and Skarmory can take care of this

Lucario:
-Initial Switch: Salamence at mint condition, Rotom-W usually though.
-SD: Rotom-W can come in and scare it away, while Salamence can do the same if SR is not present.
-Specs: Rotom usually

Infernape:
-Initial Switch: Difficult initial switch, I'm forced to reveal Suicune. If I'm feeling gutsy I go to Rotom-W
-MixApe: Rotom-W and Suicune; I play around with these switches
-Physical Ape: Rotom-W mostly since they spam Close Combat
-ScarfApe: Just predict it and play around it.

Jirachi:
-Initial Switch: Blissey typically, Iron Head does a measly 28%. I switch into Blissey mostly because I feat mixed and special variants.
-Scarf Jirachi: Skarmory, Suicune, and Rotom
-Expert Belt Jirachi: Blissey is the best way to beat this set, thanks to Thunder Wave
-CM Jirachi: Blissey can paralyze, the rest of my members can beat it. Machamp comes in if I can catch it on a Calm Mind.

Gengar:
-Initial Switch: Blissey
-LO Gengar: I can play with Rotom-W + Blissey
-ScarfGengar: Blissey
-SubGengar: Can't touch it, but I can PP stall it.
-LO Pain Split: Can't touch it, but I can PP stall its Focus Blast

Swampert:
-Initial Switch: Skarmory.
-Standard Mixpert: Set up Spikes.
-CBPert: set up easy Spikes with Skarmory.
-Cursepert: Skarmory can set up Spikes, and Whirlwind any more Curse attempts.

Blissey:
-WishBliss: Taunt + Spikes is enough to beat it. Spikes will leave my special attackers to beat it eventually.
-Non-wish Bliss: Skarmory + Spikes and same reasons stated above.

Azelf:
-Initial Switch: All leads, I payback all day.
-Lead Azelf: Payback + Bullet Punch all day.
-NP Azelf: Blissey.
-ColburElf: Payback, then switch to Rotom to soak Explosion.

Starmie:
-Initial Switch: Difficult, if I have no Rocks yet, Blissey. If I do, I go to Rotom-W to scare it away.
-LO Starmie: Blissey easily.
-Rapid Spinner: Rotom-W can switch into this thanks to high HP investment.
-Choice Starmie: Rotom-W or Blissey. If I predict a Trick, then Rotom-W it is.

Gliscor:
-Initial Switch: salamence
-SD Gliscor: Suicune can beat these variants, but they are pretty rare.
-Stall Gliscor: Salamence can switch into this lacking Stone Edge.
-BP Gliscor: This one is potentially a game breaker for my team, but the best I can do is lure it to Taunt me to force a free switch in to either Salamence or Suicune.
Vaporeon:
-WishProtect Vaporeon: Thunder Wave it to score some hax, Rotom-W can defeat it, as can Salamence if they lack Ice Beam. Skarmory can set up Spikes.
-SpecsVaporeon: Blissey easily.

Magnezone:
-Initial Switch: Blissey typically, it can survive Explosion.
-Substitute: One of the most annoying sets to face because it traps my Skarmory. Thankfully only noobs like Folgorio use these kind of Pokemon, otherwise they can break apart my team nicely.
-Scarf: I can use this opportunity to set up Stealth Rock from Blissey.

Zapdos:
-Initial Switch:Blissey
-Defensive: Blissey can switch in and spread more paralysis
-Offensive: Blissey can pummel these variants quite easily.
-Choiced: Blissey can pummel these variants quite easily, minus the rare CB Drill Peck.

Machamp:
-Initial Switch: No such thing.
-Substitute: Don't let it go behind a Substitute, otherwise I am in deep trouble. I will usually avoid Machamp at all cost. Skarmory will Whirlwind to scout the Substitute. In any event that it does get behind it, Suicune can check it.
-Lead: DynamicPunch, go to Rotom-W, then Salamence to soften Payback.

Kingdra:
-Initial Switch: Skarmory is the best switch in
-DD Kingdra: I can check this quite well with Skarmory, Scarf Rotom, and Suicune in the wings. SR + Spikes can beat it eventually.
-Rain Dance Mix: Blissey beats these variants thanks to the EV spread provided. Thunder Wave makes it pathetic pretty much.

Breloom:
-Initial Switch: This is one of the biggest threats to my team. The best I can do is preserve Lum berry machamp. My initial switch is Rotom or Skarmory.
-SubPuncher: Don't let it get behind Substitute. Go to Rotom typically and spam Shadow Ball.
-ScarfLoom: DynamicPunch + Bullet Punch should be a OHKO.

Skarmory:
-Initial Switch: Salamence
-Spiker: What do I do? It sets up on nothing bar Blissey. Anything can scare it away.

Bronzong:
-Initial Switch: Skarrmory usually
-Standard Leftovers / Light Clay: Skarmory can set up Spikes and Taunt it.
-CMZong: Tricking it is the best I can do, I can use Thunder Wave as well if needed from Blissey.
-Trick: Rotom-W can beat it just fine, sometimes Skarmory can switch in too.

Celebi:
-Initial Switch: Skarmory to set up some more Spikes
-Defensive: Skarmory can set up Spikes, Salamence can switch in to threaten it with Draco Meteor and Blissey can switch into Thunder Wave.
-CM / CM Pass: Whirlwind from Skarmory
-SD Pass: Whirlwind from Skarmory
-Choice: Blissey pretty much and they lack Recovery so a couple of Seismic Tosses will injure it.

Flygon:
-Scarf: Skarmory
-Band: Skarmory
-Roost LO/Stall: Suicune + Skarmory + Blissey just needs to work as a group to set up and wear it down.

Suicune:
-Initial Switch: Blissey all the time
-Offensive CMer: Not quite troublesome, I can switch into Blissey and Thunder Wave-toss it to death.
-ResTalk: Biggest threat to my team. My team is shut cold by lategame Suicune once Rotom has tricked away his stuff. Skarmory can't phaze. I can't do anything to it.
Jolteon:
-Initial Switch:Blissey
-Specs: Switch in, set up Stealth Rock or Seismic Toss.
-Charge Beam: Blissey can always beat these variants. If all else fails, Rotom-W can outpace and 2HKO with Shadow Ball if it has taken residual damage.

Empoleon:
-Lead: DynamicPunch it to death.
-AgilityPetaya: Blissey can check this. Skarmory can set up if it is stuck on Substitute.
-AgilityLife Orb: Blissey can paralyze and pummel with consecutive Seismic Tosses.

Forretress: Rotom-W
Electivire: Rotom-W can beat it, so can high HP Machamp.
Togekiss: Rotom-W and Blissey quite easily. Stall breaker kiss meets Rotom-W.

Weavile: Skarmory and Suicune

Aerodactyl: DynamicPunch + Bullet Punch typically does the job.

Mamoswine: Skarmory sets up free Spikes quite easily. Suicune can outpace Adamant versions.

Snorlax: Skarmory can set up and can beat Curse variants with Whirlwind.
Dusknoir: Skarmory can set up some more Spikes and start Whirlwinding.

Smeargle: Most are leads and get easily destroyed by Machamp. The best it can do is set up one later of Spikes or one Stealth Rock, in which case SR is being set up mostly due to the amount of Flyers in the metagame.

Ninjask: ice Punch + Bullet Punch.
Tentacruel: Rotom-W can beat it easily, Salamence can switch in if it is lacking Ice Beam.

Dragonite: Suicune can outpace, Skarmory can switch in, Salamence comes in Superpower, etc. Similar to Salamence, but lacks the Speed to be played around with.

Hippowdon: Machamp, Skarmory, and Suicune have a field day.

Roserade: Machamp can defeat with Ice Punch + Bullet Punch. If I am playing someone smart, I will Ice Punch and Payback the second time to catch Rotom switch ins.

Porygon-Z: Blissey and Rotom-W

Cresselia: Pretty much paralyze it, so I can switch to Skarmory and use Taunt, then proceed to set up Spikes. I can also beat it with Trick and a couple of Cm's from Suicune.

Heracross: Rotom-W and Salamence are good counters. It can hit quite hard though.

well, LO Heatran can be used in Salamence spot, since it can break stall and remove Suicune counters like Vaporeon, Rotom and Blissey.

i mean the obvious replacement would be to try a mixnite over mence. you will suffer vs offense but mixnite is a big asset vs stall

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
j.franky i cannot believe that after knowing me for what like over a year you still insist on getting my name wrong in your shoutouts thread. raider not rider you r'tard :P.

congrats on the 1.6k bro, and congrats on the sweet team :).

EDIT: and since when did i have the same badgeset as you :P it's p. cool!

Yo franky,

Cool team dude! Congrats on the 1.6k :toast:

Rate:

Move the 4 SpD EVs from Blissey to Spe to outspeed the other pink fcuks. OH and Salamence is irreplaceable :/ I'll think of something though.

P.S. Frisket is doing good!

Hey franky, great team and congrats on the 1.6 k. Don't worry, I'll try to be more active now and we can continue to play after we get haxed out of each tour ;].

Hi franky. This is obviously a good team, so I'm going to try and find you a decent replacement for mence. One thing mence seemed to do was provide a glue on your team to help with certain threats like breloom, lucario, hippo, machamp, heracross, stone edgeless gyara, heatran, and most importantly stall. aero is one of the best tran switch ins in the game under ss (i know you don't have it but so many people do) one thing you can do to help beat stall is use lo aerodactyl (fuck yes) once suicune/vappy is gone it single handedly beats stall. it also checks luke, outspeeds adamant gyara after a boost, taunts gliscor, hippo, blissey, etc and laughs at them and bla bla bla. it also gives you a great late game cleaner which is always nice, and it revenges so much shit (infernape, dd tar, etc etc) thats really all i have, i mean i know mence is irreplaceable, but hopefully my suggestion works out! gl with trying to replace mence.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Well overall solid team franky. (Wheres the j.? :( )

Just some minor suggestions:

HP [Fighting] instead of Hydro Pump on Rotom-W - it checks Lucario better and 2hkos Tyranitar every time along with a better Hitquote. Hydro Pump does more to Heatran though.

Brick Break on Salamence instead of EQ to better deal with Blissey.

More Speed-EV's on Machamp to beat other Machampleads (16 maybe?).

Unfortunately Salamence cant be replaced by some other Pokemon which does the job nearly as good as the fearsome Dragon himself (checking of some Pokes like Lucario and threatening).

So i guess you have to build a new team.

Well overall solid team franky. (Wheres the j.? :( )

Just some minor suggestions:

HP [Fighting] instead of Hydro Pump on Rotom-W - it checks Lucario better and 2hkos Tyranitar every time along with a better Hitquote. Hydro Pump does more to Heatran though.

Brick Break on Salamence instead of EQ to better deal with Blissey.

More Speed-EV's on Machamp to beat other Machampleads (16 maybe?).

Unfortunately Salamence cant be replaced by some other Pokemon which does the job nearly as good as the fearsome Dragon himself (checking of some Pokes like Lucario and threatening).

So i guess you have to build a new team.

Uhhhh Hydro Pump 2hko's Lucario anyways. Same for Tyranitar. Hydro Pump 1hko's Heatran whereas HP Fighting is 2hko. What can HP Fighting do that Hydro Pump can't?

And I think he needs EQ to safely combat Lucario. At -2, I don't think he would want to struggle with shitty accuracy. Although Brick Break would be nice, his whole team deals with it fine.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I think it was you who I played in Smogon Frontier and it came down to your Salamence and my Blissey. Why are you passing up Brick Break? From the looks of your team you aren't seriously weak to anything that would take more from Earthquake than Flamethrower or Brick Break (Magnezone, Heatran). Since you are running offensive Suicune with no recovery, you need Brick Break. Not that it helps you much now with Salamence voted Uber, but I always thought it was very strange.

Fun team! Thanks for the shout franky man! Also, the obligatory part of any post that I know you'll read: ._.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Still can't believe you aren't asian wtf -.-. I'll still consider you my bro though =)

Congrats on your 1.6K thread. I dislike using Coverage Suicune with a passion, but it looks like it's been working for you, so whatever.

Hi franky. I will only give you suggestions for 2 of your 'mons (Blissey and obviously Salamence) because what I have to say about the other 4 is just personal preference and you know what you're doing so I'll try to change as little as possible. First off, Blissey. I know you like your current spread, but I really think you should switch to a Calm nature and get rid of all those HP EVs in favor of SpDef. It seems like overkill but it really is important to be able to take all those special attacks flying around (especially in a post-Mence metagame with stuff like Shaymin becoming more popular). I also think you should ditch Thunder Wave in favor of Ice Beam. This way you can hit Gliscor, Flygon, Gengar, Rotom-A, Hippowdon, and friends for solid damage, and since you are currently a little weak to several of these it would be a nice switch to make IMO. With that in mind, my proposed new EV spread is 252 Def/180 SpDef/52 SpAtk/24 HP. 252 Def is obvious, the SpAtk investment lets you OHKO 4/0 Flygon on average (with a 92% chance to do so after Stealth Rock), 24 HP hits a Leftovers number, and the rest goes in SpDef. Next up is a replacement for Salamence. I suggest Mixed Flygon with the item Life Orb and the moveset Draco Meteor/Earthquake/Fire Blast/Roost. It will do much the same thing that Salamence did for you (in fact, it will probably do better against stall lol). As for nature and EVs, you should definitely use Naive and 252 Spe, with the remainder split in some fashion between Atk and SpAtk. You should certainly emphasize SpAtk, but I'm sure you can run a few calcs and decide what exactly you want to do with those 256 EVs, so I won't suggest an exact spread. Hope I helped and good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)