Other Metagames [BH]It's been a year since the last time I played BH

Hello people, first of all I'm new here and this is my first post.

I think the last time I play BH is when Protean Primal Kyogre and Chatterquaza is still available (which I made me have about 1500 ladder that time) and now I saw the meta has changed alot since then. So I recently got asked by my little brother to play pokemon once again in BH and well, we tested up each other and I'm ended up having 2 teams, idk which one is more stable on this current meta though.

Team 1

Pokemon: Giratina
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EV 252 SpD , 252 HP, 4 Def, Sassy
Moves:
Metal Burst
Destiny Bond
Substitute
Soft-Boiled

I design this Giratina by myself to take down 1 or maybe 2 of the opposing sweeper pokemon, especially Contrary users since it can endure even a 4x Atk/SpA stats by focus sash and then counter it with metal burst. and after that I use destiny bond to take out 1 other pokemon they have (Substitute is to bypass Toxic etc and Soft-Boiled is to make the Focus Sash working if I uses substitute or theres some stealth rocks). It also counters Imposters since it has no 'real' damaging moves. Sassy nature is to make sure my Metal Burst moves last.

Pokemon: Shedinja
Item: Safety Googles
Ability: Sturdy
EV 252 SpA , 252 Spe , 4 Def, Timid
Moves:
Endeavor
Volt Switch
Hail
Safeguard

This pokemon killing method is using Endeavor + Hail. If they still have a ghost type pokemon Volt Switch may be preferable to be used, and safeguard is to prevent burn etc (I usually use this move first). Counters Imposters and some Contary users too I guess? Knock-off may still be a problem though.

Pokemon: Kyogre
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV: 252 SpA , 252 Spe , 4 SpD, Modest
Moves:
Quiver Dance
Moonblast
Stored Power
Spiky Shield

This is based upon my old Protean Primal Kyogre except its somewhat weaker in power. This Kyogre serves as a special sweeper. No STAB sadly, I still can't found other bulky Sp Attacker other than this one. Toxic prevents other Status problem while giving more hp than leftovers, while Spiky Shield is there in case anyone switch to Sturdinja and Endeavored.

Pokemon: Diancie-Mega
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EV: 252 Atk , 252 Spe , 4 SpA, Hasty
Moves:
King Shield
Extremespeed
Earthquake
Boomburst

So I heard in this meta Diancie is somewhat the 'Berserk sweeper' so I try it. It really deals a lot of damage though. Some people I encounter during battle today has Fake Out on its move but I decided not to put it since I think I have King's Shield which has more priority. Earthquake is for most Fairy resisters (Aegislash, Gengar-mega, etc)

Pokemon: Mewtwo-Mega X
Item: Safety Googles
Ability: Speed Boost
EV: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpA, Lonely
Moves:
Spiky Shield
Storm Throw
Frost Breath
Substitute

Spiky Shield is there due to same reason as Kyogres as well as adding speed while substitute also adds speed and counters most status aliments dealers. Storm Throw is my move to counter King's Shield while Frost Breath is mostly used to Rayquaza/Giratina.

Pokemon: Chansey
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EV: 252 H, 252 SpD, 4 Def, Calm
Moves:
Final Gambit
Gastro Acid
Heal Bell
Defog

My Imposter. I use this mostly to counter OP sweepers.

Team 2

Pokemon: Giratina
Item: Focus Sash
EV 252 SpD , 252 HP, 4 Def, Sassy
Moves:
Metal Burst
Destiny Bond
Substitute
Soft-Boiled

Same usage with team 1

Pokemon: Kyogre
Item: Toxic Orb
EV: 252 SpA , 252 Spe , 4 SpD, Modest
Moves:
Quiver Dance
Moonblast
Stored Power
Spiky Shield

Same usage with team 1

Pokemon: Tyranitar-Mega
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EV: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SpD, Adamant
Moves:
Diamond Storm
Knock Off
King's Shield
Sucker Punch

This Pokemon is so tanky, with sandstorm it has more SpD. Diamonds Storm may adds Def too, King's Shield is mainly to stop Diancie's Fake Out/Extremespeed while Knock Off can kill Sturdinja. Sucker Punch with its +1 priority is pretty great too.

Pokemon: Mewtwo-Mega Y
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EV: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD, Hasty
Moves:
Psycho Boost
Substitute
Superpower
V-Create

My Special Contrary sweeper. Substitute is to prevent some unwanted things.

Pokemon: Regigigas
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Illusion
EV: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpD, Jolly
Moves:
Belly Drum
Extremespeed
Shadow Sneak
Thousand Arrows

My fast Physical Sweeper. I usually put either Kyogre or Mewtwo in the last for Illusion copying.

Pokemon: Registeel
Item: Choice Scarf
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD, Bold
Moves:
Switcheroo
Will-o-Wisp
Soft-Boiled
Stealth Rock

My setter. I usually use this as lead and instantly use Switcheroo on opponents while they began to switch I usually put the Stealth Rock and then Will-o-Wisp.

So that's my team for now. Been testing on both in this two days and both are on 1400 ladder now. Can I ask for help to improve my team? Should I move something from team 1 to team 2 or vice-versa? Thanks.

Hi minervalkyrie, quite interesting teams you have here, but i have some suggestions for both. Hope this can help you :)

About team 1
========

In order to make your giratina less vulnerable to Knock Off abusers (they are a lot now, unfortunately) like Mega Tyranitar, Mega Gyarados, Regigigas, etc... i suggest your item to be Griseous Orb because it can't be knocked off and the damage from that move is less. Toxic is not used too much in BH and your giratina is not a baton passer, so i think you don't need Substitute. Knock off fits better in order to remove items from other walls, like Toxic Orb Mega Audino, Rocky Helmet and Assault Vest Registeel, etc... I change the ability to Fur Coat, because Fur Coat Giratina is one of the few pokémon that can face the actual meta cancer: Shit Gear Primal Groudon. So you can whirlwind it away, like other set up sweepers :D I suggest you the following set:

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Metal Burst
- Recover
- Whirlwind

Shedinja works and lasts longer with this set, because Recycle+Lum Berry makes its durability even bigger. And Baton Pass for pivoting:

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Baton Pass
- Fire Spin
- Recycle

Your Poison Heal Kyogre is good, but i suggest other version and you see what fits better to you. King´s shield helps you to deal with Fake+Espeed -ates and Scald is STAB and inflicts burns in Physical Sweepers like Regigigas, Rayquaza and cripples walls. And it beats Tyranitar and Diancie. Ice Beam Beats Rayquaza easilly. This is a set that can inposterproof itself, because you can inflict a burn to opposing imposter and they cant (you have poison heal).

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- King's Shield
- Quiver Dance
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Your Diancie is fine, but i think you can run Fake Out, Extreme Speed, Techno Blast and Magma Storm because you can trap coming Shedinjas and at the same time covering the Fairy resistance like Aegislash, Registeel. Fake+Espeed is really good and it helps you more than King's Shield. Techno Blast smashes the Soundproof Mega Slowbro :)

About team 2
========

Giratina and Kyogre i've talked before.

For Tyranitar i would suggest other EV spread and a few changes in the moveset. Sand Stream Tyranitar is good but works better with Assault Vest imo. However, the Scarf Teravolt set is perfect to deal with Shedinjas and hepls the team dealing with Mega Gengar. Switcheroo cripples walls, U-turn for pivoting, Diamond Storm beats Rayquaza, Aerodactyl and Kyurem and the basic Pursuit beats Shedinja (is 95% Lum Berry, so you don't need to worry about the safety googles one) and Mega Gengar.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 200 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- U-turn
- Diamond Storm
- Pursuit

I realised both your teams lacks Defog, so I would suggest Defog over Will-o-Wisp on Registeel.

Well, just a few suggestions in order to help you with the new meta, you don't need to follow them all, just make a few adaptations that you think you would like more, and I really hope that this can help you climbing the ladder ;)

First, I just want to say, Diamond Storm>Boomburst and Fake Out>King's Shield for Diancie. Also, I like to use this troll set to b8 in Imposters
Lucario-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Return
Paired with this
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 32 SpA / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
It's an amazing imposter proof, and you can run other EVs on this one if you want, it works either way. It just helps to have a way to counter Imposter
Also how did you get those sprites of the Pokemon?

First, I just want to say, Diamond Storm>Boomburst and Fake Out>King's Shield for Diancie.
Don't. Boomburst is just too good to pass up. Unless you have problems getting past Ho-Oh, you don't need Diamond Storm, and in any case, it should go over Earthquake.
About Fake Out, you can use it, although it is not that good. It comes to personal preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)