Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Waltorb

It is kind of a mess of me choosing the wrong moves most of the time. Didnt have a super developed strategy, just using my own team to the best i could. Quite frankly i feel like i played like crap and just won because the guy i was facing was terrible. I feel like i made too many small mistakes with wrong moves selections and that kind of thing, like i could have probably swept the guy no problem.

second battle i feel like i did a good job of matching up with the guy. not too sure on what all to say about it though.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98983387
Maokai (Trevenant) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Horn Leech
- Rest
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Zed (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory

Shyvana (Charizard-Mega-X) (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Ezreal (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Tryndamere (Excadrill) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Spd / 176 SDef / 80 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Leona (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

DuskSoul

Summary: I think I started well despite my Greninja taking a heavy hit from Crobat (I wasn't aware it outspeed max speed greninja), but I miss-predicted and it cost me dearly, I forgot that Breloom carries Match point and I hoped to outspeed the spore and surprise him with an Extrasensory. If I had switched to trevenant or Rotom W I could have crippled the Breloom with WoW or TW. Leaving Mandibuzz in front of the walrein was stupid too. Sending Excadrill was also really bad since it was a special walrein from the looks of it and I got overconfident with his SDef bulk, picking Iron Head over eartquake in the first turn also costed me since I could have 2hKO. Aferwards I think I did reasonably well except for switching Trevenant to Rotom, had I remembered Crobats carry Toxic I could have avoided loosing my Rotom. If I had switched MegaZard first I could have taken Megazam before he took my Trevenant I think I could have ko it before my Zard took that much damage allowing me to retain trevenant to cripple breloom and possibly damage it enough that Zard could have taken him out.

Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rest
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

DuskSoul

Summary: I think I started well despite my Greninja taking a heavy hit from Crobat (I wasn't aware it outspeed max speed greninja), but I miss-predicted and it cost me dearly, I forgot that Breloom carries Match point and I hoped to outspeed the spore and surprise him with an Extrasensory. If I had switched to trevenant or Rotom W I could have crippled the Breloom with WoW or TW. Leaving Mandibuzz in front of the walrein was stupid too. Sending Excadrill was also really bad since it was a special walrein from the looks of it and I got overconfident with his SDef bulk, picking Iron Head over eartquake in the first turn also costed me since I could have 2hKO. Aferwards I think I did reasonably well except for switching Trevenant to Rotom, had I remembered Crobats carry Toxic I could have avoided loosing my Rotom. If I had switched MegaZard first I could have taken Megazam before he took my Trevenant I think I could have ko it before my Zard took that much damage allowing me to retain trevenant to cripple breloom and possibly damage it enough that Zard could have taken him out.
One question. How did your trevenant outspeed that crobat

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98923434

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98929870

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Excadrill (M) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Waltorb

It is kind of a mess of me choosing the wrong moves most of the time. Didnt have a super developed strategy, just using my own team to the best i could. Quite frankly i feel like i played like crap and just won because the guy i was facing was terrible. I feel like i made too many small mistakes with wrong moves selections and that kind of thing, like i could have probably swept the guy no problem.

second battle i feel like i did a good job of matching up with the guy. not too sure on what all to say about it though.
there isn't all that much to say about the matches, your opponents were very bad and you played fin. I'll keep it realtively brief. In the first game, spinning on Breloom was a questionable play. Mach Punch was obviously the better move to make for the opp, if you read that he was too dumb to see that well done, but consider that keeping rocks up is very important to the opponent when you have Dnite and a smart opponent will do a lot to ensure that, like going for the kill against your spinner. Switching Thundurus into swampert was dumb when you had nothing to hit it. He was obviously going for an ice move there, Blastoise beats swampert easily. As for set changes I'll say this

Low kick > Brick Break on Weavile. It hits Heatran, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn harder and basically nothing is lost using it
ICe Punch > Swords Dance on WEavile. Ice punch is helpful as fuck to take on 2x ice weak stuff like Mandibuzz and Hippowdon. SD is very hard to set up and not that hard to check
Outrage > Dragon Claw on Dragonite. Dragon Claw is just too weak, even with AEgislash around being a shit Dragon Claw is just too weak
Lum > Leftovers on Dragonite. Lum sheds confusion from Outrage removing that drawback, it can let you set up against status users and can protect against prankster status users. Lefties are fine, especially for reinstating multiscale in a sandstorm, but Lum is just really good on Dnite
Rapid Spin > Ice Beam on Blastoise. There's little reason to use Blastoise without rapid spin, but it's one of the best at that. Aura sphere may be dropped instead.
Stealth Rock setting offensive ground type > Excadrill. Drill is good but you have Blastoise for rapid spinning. BOth Landorus and Garchomp have considerably better stats than Excadrill and function as stealth rock setter your team really needs

You could also consider keeping Excadrill and dropping Blastoise for a different offensive water type like Manaphy who is a frightening tail glow wall breaker, which would free your mega slot.

Yeah your team is pretty OK, but it lacks a solid revenge killer, or defensive core so you could be open to a lot of offensive threats. It's helpful if you post some losses that are close imo. It shows the weaknesses in your battling and team.

notredamej

Pre-turn 1: Right off the bat you should know that Deo-S is the revenge killer set by the inclusion of Ferrothorn on the opposing team. Ferrothorn primary job is to always set up hazards, so Deo-S wouldn't have them. Charizard X could have been the DD at this point, which could take down everyone on your team. Considering both of these threats, Thundurus-I is going to be really important this battle because of priority Thunder Wave. Choosing Keldeo as the win condition is going to be difficult considering all the 50 / 50's between his strong Fighting and Water resists. I would have really focused on getting in Charizard Y in as often as possible safely, since it 2HKO's all your opponent's guys. Lead choice is tough, but Charizard Y could have been a good choice to put immediate pressure on all his defensive Pokemon + Manaphy. Thundurus-I was a good option too to prevent the SR on Landorus-T.

Turn 1: Thunderbolting was a bad idea because you couldn't OHKO Deo-S and it could do heavy damage to you knowing its Life Orb. I guess you thought it was a hazard setter? Option 1 was to switch to Bisharp since it would be very risky for him to go for Superpower turn 1. This way you could force a 50-50 of Sucker Punch vs Pursuit on Bisharp. Option 2 was to Thunder Wave it on the first turn. By Thunder Waving it on the first turn the Deo-Shave a 43% chance that it will 2HKO you (1-(.75*.75)).

Turn 9: You keep in you Bisharp on Charzard-X. IMO this contributed to your loss a lot. Bisharp couldn't due anything in paticular to Charizard X because his Mega-Stone is "unknockoffable" which means Knock Off is 65 base power. Here I would have switched to Keldeo. Even if he boosted with DD, you still have a shot to live and OHKO with Hydro Pump.

Turn 12: Psyshock was what you should have done here. You can't let Clefable get a Wish off to recover since it stops Garchomp and Latios from using their Dragon moves to KO Charizard X and stops a potential SD Garchomp sweep (which is possible at this point). Even after Protect that turn with Lefties, Psyshock has a decent chance to KO.

Turn 19: It was pretty risky of you to go for Scald again, since Ferrothorn has power whip and Keldeo can threaten the 2HKO on all of his Pokemon now. At this point I would have switched in Bisharp. By using Knock Off, you would have limited Ferrothorn's or any of his other Pokemon's recovery. At this point any of your Pokemon can knock out Clefable after SR, so keeping it healthy to Iron Head it isn't as important.

Turn 31: I would have SD'ed here instead of used EQ, just in case he was Leech Seed + Protect. You could hit Ferrothorn for 55% min and on the third turn of protect switch to Latios to do 34% min with Draco Meteor. If he survived and Leech Seeded, switch back out to Chomp to EQ if he Protected. If he Leech Seeded, he wouldn't get enough health back to survive another 34% min Draco Meteor from Latios. I guess your opponent didn't have Protect so that is why he Power Whipped.

Overall you played pretty well considering he had a couple of hard counters to a couple of your pokes. You main problem was that you didn't do a more thoughtful analysis during team preview, which lost your Thundurus-I, and you kept in pokes that just shouldn't have been (presumbly you were trying to sack them). In a lot of the situations, a damage calc would have been really helpful on what to do next (particularly vs Clefable), so next time use one.

Last edited:

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rest
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

DuskSoul
This is a weird one. It looks like you should have won on multiple occasions, with the opponent's poor team build and poor early game play. Your main issues seem to be that you simply didn't have a clear grasp of which mons you had to sack and which ones you could safely keep. For example, you unnecessarily sack both Greninja and Mandi against your opponent's Breloom and Walrein, when you have clear answers to both Breloom and Walrein sitting on your team.

Lategame you don't think through your options carefully enough and get greedy, simply trying to KO his Crobat with your Trevenant despite Crobat not being a threat to your team. After paralyzing it and briefly scouting its moveset with Trevenant, you should have realized that it didn't carry anything capable of significantly damaging Zard and you could have simply sacked Trevenant then set up a Dragon Dance and swept. In fact, you should have been looking for opportunities to set up a Dragon Dance with Zard from the moment Walrein was weakened, as you cleanly swept your opponent at +1.

tl;dr determine your win conditions early, and don't be afraid to bring them into the game. Playing too passively with your win condition mon (Zard) when you had multiple opportunities for it to set up and sweep was what lost you that game.

there isn't all that much to say about the matches, your opponents were very bad and you played fin. I'll keep it realtively brief. In the first game, spinning on Breloom was a questionable play. Mach Punch was obviously the better move to make for the opp, if you read that he was too dumb to see that well done, but consider that keeping rocks up is very important to the opponent when you have Dnite and a smart opponent will do a lot to ensure that, like going for the kill against your spinner. Switching Thundurus into swampert was dumb when you had nothing to hit it. He was obviously going for an ice move there, Blastoise beats swampert easily. As for set changes I'll say this

Low kick > Brick Break on Weavile. It hits Heatran, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn harder and basically nothing is lost using it
ICe Punch > Swords Dance on WEavile. Ice punch is helpful as fuck to take on 2x ice weak stuff like Mandibuzz and Hippowdon. SD is very hard to set up and not that hard to check
Outrage > Dragon Claw on Dragonite. Dragon Claw is just too weak, even with AEgislash around being a shit Dragon Claw is just too weak
Lum > Leftovers on Dragonite. Lum sheds confusion from Outrage removing that drawback, it can let you set up against status users and can protect against prankster status users. Lefties are fine, especially for reinstating multiscale in a sandstorm, but Lum is just really good on Dnite
Rapid Spin > Ice Beam on Blastoise. There's little reason to use Blastoise without rapid spin, but it's one of the best at that. Aura sphere may be dropped instead.
Stealth Rock setting offensive ground type > Excadrill. Drill is good but you have Blastoise for rapid spinning. BOth Landorus and Garchomp have considerably better stats than Excadrill and function as stealth rock setter your team really needs

You could also consider keeping Excadrill and dropping Blastoise for a different offensive water type like Manaphy who is a frightening tail glow wall breaker, which would free your mega slot.

Yeah your team is pretty OK, but it lacks a solid revenge killer, or defensive core so you could be open to a lot of offensive threats. It's helpful if you post some losses that are close imo. It shows the weaknesses in your battling and team.
here is a close loss after making the recommended changes to dragonite and weaville:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99043831

Ash Borer

here is a close loss after making the recommended changes to dragonite and weaville:

Okay so there were a lot of misplays here and Im going to try and explain some stuff

Turns 1-4: Upon seeing a Shuckle Lead you should go to Excadrill. Attacking right away was fine, as it broke the balloon for excadrill letting you earthquake freely against it, avoiding a Volcarona switch in on Iron head resulting in a burn. However, Excadrill is immune to toxic Shuckle's only form of offensive, and does a ton with Iron head. More importantly, Shuckle is there to set up hazards and nothing more in OU, and because of htis going to Excadrill immediately would let you attack it until its low on HP then go for a rapid spin kill, or at least deny it the ability to set up both sticky web and stealth rock. Also, using low kick on shuckle is a bad idea. It's a neutral attack firstly, and shuckle doesnt weigh much. You can find how much low kick does a pokemon by using showdown's pokedex.

Turn 13: This is the most bizarre play to me. 50% Pinsir is actually checked by full strength umbreon. It can take a +0 return and KO with foul play. Why you didnt not to go umbreon here is beyond me, you would have won the game. Do that next time.

In the last few turns you wasted too many turns using wish, a timely wish would ahve helped, however you wished too early even though you knew he was going to use toxic. Spamming foul play would ahve given a better chance at victory.

to be completely honest the last few turns i wasnt paying a ton of attention and didnt really have a clear idea of what i was doing. i think i need to learn to use umbreon better. i panicked a little bit when i had him out and am hesitant to play him incorrectly.

i really think i need a lot more experience with this.

You played this way too passively early on and played stupidly aggressively with your most clear win condition in the midgame. ZardY could literally 1-2HKO every single mon on your opponent's team, yet you didn't aggressively push with double switches and similar plays, instead wasting turns with useless plays (using knock off on the skarm, for example, when you could have gone to Zardy and made a push). When you had a clear win scenario set up after first damaging Florges you toss it away by playing too safely and only manage to win off a lucky burn + your opponent's poor moveset choice.

Midgame you needlessly let Zard eat a Draco Meteor when you have two completely solid Latios switch-ins, neither of which you need for lategame. There's no fear of the Latios pulling a Roost or something since it was scarf, so you could just bring in Scizor or Sylveon everytime Latios comes out and let Latios wear itself down switching in on Solarbeams from Zard. Finally, lategame you unnecessarily sack zard and then play rather risky with rade when rade could legitimately be your win condition.

tl;dr risk v reward. Think about it and play aggressively or passively as fits the situation, not just at a whim.
Firstly, thanks a lot for the great advice, it really helped!
Secondly, I'd just like to know whether you thought there were also some issues with teambuilding, since I thought some of the sets may have been sub-optimal(such as Air Slash on Zard-Y, etc)

Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rest
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost

DuskSoul

Giving up your Mandibuzz by leaving it in on Walrein for no reason is what cost you that game, especially seeing as you had Rotom as a perfect switch-in to it. Mandibuzz would have been able to take out that Breloom at the end if you still had it, not to mention Mandi was a big annoyance to his team in general since nothing he had would like switching in on a Foul Play, and they'd all lose around half their HP doing so.

Well, I think I'm a bit experienced about battling but yesterday I lost a team tournament match that really fucked up my mind. First of all, sorry if I misspell or something like that, I don't speak well english.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-296691

I really think more than the Play Rough miss that would kept my field without rocks (he woudln't be able to set up them) my huge mistake was thinking his Keldeo was no Icy wind (aka HPump/Scald/Secret/HPFlying) and losing that 50/50 in turn 18: If he had ExtremeSpeeded and I used PsychoBoost he would have won, if I used PsychoBoost and he switched into Keldy I would have won. I predicted the Extremespeed and I went right back into Garchomp with no reason, well, I was nervous haha.

I really would appreciate feedback from Trinitrotoluene, but I'm opened for all comments. Ty.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99201780
i won this battle but any help is greatly appreciated
team
Code:
Weavile @ Focus Band
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Night Slash
- Taunt
- Counter

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
my team centered around scizor and its teammates which are garchomp and starmie magnezone
weawile is to shut down leeads and sylveon is the healer

The first 4 turns demonstrate a lack of understanding of the damage formula. There is only one "most damaging attack" in any given situation. The first turn, Knock Off was the most powerful attack. From there on out, Ice Punch was the most powerful attack. Memorize the BP of your attacks, and choose them carefully. Second, Icicle Crash vs Ice Punch is a accuracy debate, but strongly consider Icicle Crash on Weavile. 10 more BP for 10% less accuracy, and a 30% flinch chance is pretty good. Stick with Ice Punch if you're worried about accuracy, but the extra power does come in handy.

Turn 5 was a key misplay that costed you the game. Your Blastoise does not counter Volcarona, especially with Stealth Rocks. What are the major attacks that Volcarona can do?
1. Fiery Dance (chance for +Sp. Attack, which would be a followup 2HKO with Bug Buzz)
2. Bug Buzz (2HKOs Blastoise with Stealth Rocks. Its also super-effective vs Weavile)
3. Quiver Dance, which allows Volcarona to survive 252+ Water Pulse and 2HKO with Bug Buzz.

Your Blastoise was a check, but not a counter. Your best options were either saccing Weavile for a clean Blastoise switchin, or switching to Dragonite who is actually a full counter to the fiery bug.

#1 happened, but with a Critical hit, which ended up 2HKOing Blastoise anyway. But there was a very strong chance that Blastoise would have lost, even without the Crit anyway. Get a feel of the damage that your opponent can do ahead of time. Volcarona is one of the most powerful bug pokemon in the game, and your Blastoise doesn't have any Sp. Def EVs. You may want to rethink what your Sp. Def tank should be actually, but at very least, you cannot switch your pokemon into such a wallbreaker. IMO, Dragonite would have been a better switch in: resisting Fiery Dance and Bug Buzz, and with Outrage, you hit it on its weaker physical side (in case it does Quiver Dance).

Turn 14 was the most critical misplay I've seen. Excadrill has no hope of outspeeding a base 105 pokemon and is OHKOed by Earthquake... a move that Pinsir just used on your Weavile. Umbreon was your best choice.

Finally, Foul Play should have been used more often with Umbreon. With Toxic, your hopes of living are drastically cut short. Toxic puts your `mon on a timer, you are never going to win in the long-term vs Toxic.

Last edited:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-99178289
Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Autotomize
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Psycho Shift
- Wish

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Rotom-Heat @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 4 SAtk / 168 Spd
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Username: 000aj
Summary: I started the battle pretty good, but it went worse as the match went on. At the beginning, I should've used Play Rough instead of Sucker Punch on the Gardevoir. It was obvious that it was gonna switch and that small mistake might've came back to bite me. I also got caught offguard by a banded Krookodile using Stealth Rocks. I'm not really sure how my team exactly works, I just used some Pokémon which seemed to work together nicely.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99201780
i won this battle but any help is greatly appreciated
team
Code:
Weavile @ Focus Band
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Night Slash
- Taunt
- Counter

Sylveon @ Leftovers
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
my team centered around scizor and its teammates which are garchomp and starmie magnezone
weawile is to shut down leeads and sylveon is the healer
First, you seem to have a couple errors or whatever in your teambuilding.

Weavile has Focus Band, the item that gives you a 10% chance to survive at 1 HP any time you would have been KO'd. I think you meant Focus Sash, which is an entirely different (and better) item, since it 100% guarantees your survival as long as you are at full health.

Also on that Weavile, Knock Off is way better than Night Slash. It's a lot more powerful and, well knocks off the opponent's item.

Your Salamence has 252 Special Defense EVs. Pretty sure you meant speed. And you did the opposite with Sylveon, throwing in 252 speed EVs when they should be Special Defense.

Magnezone has no nature. Whoops? It should have a Modest nature. Also, 252 Speed is a bit of a waste on Magnezone, since it's so slow. Speed EVs are really only to outspeed a few pokemon that run no speed EVs and are also slow, and that can be useful at times but take a look at what pokemon you want to outspeed, using only as many EVs as you need, and put the rest in HP. For example, 84 EVs gets the jump on Skarmory, so you can KO it before it lays any more hazards.

On to the actual battle, on turn 10, you sacrificed Weavile to taunt Sylveon. Going to Magnezone would be a good move, since Sylveon usually runs only a fairy attack and the rest are support moves, giving it nothing to hurt Magnezone. Magnezone can then fire off a Flash Cannon, and your opponent doesn't have any resists left to switch into it either. Scizor would have also been a good switch, since yours is specially defensive. That was really the only thing I saw to fix.
Second, Icicle Crash vs Ice Punch is a accuracy debate, but strongly consider Icicle Crash on Weavile. 10 more BP for 10% less accuracy, and a 30% flinch chance is pretty good. Stick with Ice Punch if you're worried about accuracy, but the extra power does come in handy.
Just a little nitpick, Knock Off is 5th gen tutor move and Icicle Crash is 6th gen egg move, making them illegal together.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99335247

New team, first win with this team but I almost lost even though I was in control at the start. Up to turn 18 I had 6 healthy Pokemons and he had 3. Then Cloyster came and I fucked things up.

Made a mistake using Psycho Boost on Blissey in turn 8.

At turn 19 my Fire Blast missed and for some retarded reason I switched into Breloom and I lost the momentum.

Luckily I managed to win thanks to Stealth Rock.

Code:
Deoxys-Defense @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost
- Shadow Ball

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 192 Def / 96 SDef / 220 HP
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 Atk / 164 SDef / 156 HP / 100 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Claw

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 228 HP / 216 SDef / 16 Def / 48 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Spore
- Drain Punch
- Protect

Sableye @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Trick

Well, I think I'm a bit experienced about battling but yesterday I lost a team tournament match that really fucked up my mind. First of all, sorry if I misspell or something like that, I don't speak well english.

I really think more than the Play Rough miss that would kept my field without rocks (he woudln't be able to set up them) my huge mistake was thinking his Keldeo was no Icy wind (aka HPump/Scald/Secret/HPFlying) and losing that 50/50 in turn 18: If he had ExtremeSpeeded and I used PsychoBoost he would have won, if I used PsychoBoost and he switched into Keldy I would have won. I predicted the Extremespeed and I went right back into Garchomp with no reason, well, I was nervous haha.

I really would appreciate feedback from Trinitrotoluene, but I'm opened for all comments. Ty.
Sadly, I am not the explosive overlord TNT, but I'll give my feedback. :)
Code:
Key:
Pokemon Icon = Important Play
Underlined Bold = Well-Played Turn
You need an importable version of your team by the way, so I can fully analyze what options you really had, but this play really doesn't need an importable because you screwed up on Turn 18 which is why Dragonite finished you off. Overall, I feel that you played well, but there were a few plays where you should have done something else. Leading out with Bisharp was a great choice as you could deal massive damage to it with Knock Off and as he switched, you managed to get rid of Keldeo's Choice Specs, a wide decision. There was two areas of hax: Play Rough misses against Deoxys-D and Mawile not being able to move do to the previous Thunderbolt Paralysis, but even without these, if you played accordingly, you could have one the match.

Turn 6: Using Thunderbolt on Mega Mawile was not a wise move. You just wasted a Thundurus-I for only 66% damage. If it was Max Speed and set up Swords Dance on that turn instead of using Play Rough, it could have swept your team. A wiser move would be to switch into Azumarill. It takes quite a lot from Play Rough, but losing Thundurus-I means you are threatened by Keldeo which posed a huge threat later in the game. In fact, if it was max speed and you did not get the lucky ParaHax, Mawile could have done a ridiculous amount of damage with an upcoming Iron Head or Play Rough.

Turn 8
: Switching into Garchomp on the upcoming Thunderbolt was your best bet. You could then double switch into Deoxys-S during the upcoming Hidden Power [Ice] and the momentum would be shifted toward your favor considering since your opponent has basically nothing to stop RK Deoxys-S. Also, if you did not do that, using Sucker Punch > whatever you were planning to do would be better because you could weaken it to a point where Azumarill could kill it with Aqua Jet.

Turn 12: Once again, sacking Azumarill for an Aqua Jet was not a wide decision. You could have done the same thing of taking a Thunderbolt with Garchomp and scouting Hidden Power [Ice] with Deoxys-S and again shift the momentum to your favor.
Turn 15: This isn't constructive criticism, but that was a very wise play of using MTar's fantastic bulk. Good job.

Turn 18
: I feel this was the reason you lost the match. You were in a perfect spot and everything was great about your position on the field. The switch is why you lost. You could've finished off Dragonite and Keldeo with 2 consecutive Psycho Boosts, but you decided to switch which was why you lost. Here is what would have happened if you didn't switch. Deoxys-S was healthy too so it could easily tank the Extremespeed provided it wasn't Choice Band Dragonite.
  • Turn 18: Deoxys used Psycho Boost! Keldeo fainted. Deoxys's Special Attack harshly fell.
  • Turn 19: Dragonite use Extremespeed! Deoxys lost 31% - 42% of its health! Deoxys used Psycho Boost! Dragonite fainted. GG
    • Even if it was Choice Band and OHKOed, you would still have Garchomp to kill it
Make sure to run the damage calculator because an Extremespeed would not OHKO it at 59%.

Overall, you played good, but Turn 18 is why you lost. However, the prediction you made on Turn 17 was amazing. Good job. :)

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99361427

Greg (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Greg (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return

Greg (Sylveon) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Greg (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greg (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- King's Shield

Greg (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Username: SpelignErrir

Misplays: I switched in my Rotom-W into a mold breaker excadrill. Even though I can survive one EQ, if he had used EQ instead of rapid spin the first time, I'd not have gotten that will-o-wisp off and survived. It worked out for me, but was not the correct play.

Kings shield vs Chesnaught. Wtf does an aegislash have to fear from a Chesnaught that's worth King's Shielding against? I should have gone swords dance.

Switching in Sylveon vs Dragonite.

So...what would the correct play vs that dragonite have been?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

tagging Own3y so he can read this. don't worry about your english, and thanks for requesting my feedback :). hyper offense is my thing.

Sorry for not replying to this sooner; tags edited into the post don't alert the people they're supposed to fsr. Also, may you please edit your post to match the format in the OP of this thread? The importable lets me get a more thorough look at the options available to you on each turn, and the username outlining saves other readers a few minutes in trying to figure out who's who in the replay.

Anyways, here's my analysis of your match (which you played well for the most part, in spite of the hax on turn 3, which made this a kinda uphill battle for you):

note: Own3y's Pokemon will be on the left.

Turn 3:
v.

You brought attention to this in your comments, so I'll start here. Yes, the miss was unfortunate luck on your end since it would've activated Deoxys-D's Red Card, and by the looks of your team, you had a good chance of being phazed to a Pokemon that can outrun and KO a Deoxys-D @ ~30% (Thundurus, Deoxys-S, Garchomp), thus preventing hazards from going up. The other two that could not outrun Deo-D (Mega Tyranitar, Bisharp) can threaten it with their Dark STAB and / or use it as set-up fodder, so yea, that miss did matter.

Turn 6:
v.

I feel that you choked a bit here by sacking your Thundurus just to shave ~60% off your opp's Mega Mawile when your Thundurus could have done more work against the rest of his team (assuming it has Thunder Wave). I would have brought out Bisharp, which wasn't doing much for your team. If it used Play Rough (which it did), then that wouldn't have been a problem, since you could use that to give your Tyranitar a free turn to Mega Evolve and force your opponent's Mega Mawile out. The only saving grace for your misplay was that you paralyzed his Mega Mawile, which definitely helped you down the road.

Turn 8:
->
v.

Switching to Garchomp on the Thunderbolt would have been your best play here. From there, you could have pivoted to Bisharp to tank the HP Ice and threaten Thundurus with Sucker Punch. This would have shifted the momentum in your favor and put him into an uncomfortable situation. This suggestion is essentially an extended version of what you did this turn, only that it would have resulted in your Bisharp taking far less than it did in your scenario.

Turn 9:
v.

You choked quite a bit this turn when you didn't Sucker Punch the Thundurus. While you probably would not have KOed it (Thundy takes 81.2 - 96.6% from a max Attack Adamant LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch), you would have placed it at the point where the rest of your team can KO it or use it as set-up fodder. With your play, you lost Bisharp at almost no cost for your opponent.

Turn 12:
v.

Had you used Sucker Punch on Thundurus in turn 9, you would not have been in this predicament. However, you sacked a Pokemon that would have been extremely helpful against Keldeo, which really set you back. Again, I would have used Garchomp as a pivot to soak up the Thunderbolt so Deoxys-S could have gotten in without costing you a Pokemon.

Turn 14 -> 15:
->
v.

Just making a note of these turns because they contained excellent plays that showcased Mega Tyranitar's bulk well. Good on you for making them happen.

Turn 17:
v.
->

Again, just noting this turn because you made an excellent prediction here by using Ice Beam on a predicted Dragonite switch-in. After all, these analyses should also highlight good plays the posters made.

Turn 18:
->
v.
->

Aah, your trip to Chokeville this turn cost you the battle. Yea, you had the risk of your opponent's Dragonite's Extreme Speed KOing your Deoxys-S, but I personally think you should have stayed in and used Psycho Boost. You had nothing to lose there, since one of Keldeo or Dragonite would have revenge killed your Deoxys-S anyways. As for why you choked, I think your nerves when facing a 50:50 situation may have gotten to you. That's OK, because I also tend to choke when my nerves start to act up.

From this turn on, you could not do anything to recover from the 50:50 choke in turn 18. Overall, you played well, but some of your plays could have been more optimized. Hope this helps!

Talonflame (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk

Latios (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Landorus (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Aegislash (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Tyranitar (Tyranitar-Mega) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-99121966

Alt: flightlesspeacock

Summary: Idk it was close and... I want to see what I could have done better.

Team:
* Use AncientPower on Heatran. It 100% outclasses HP rock. I also don't see the necessity of Protect, but if you seem to like it vs. High Jump Kick, you can use it. Generally Earth Power is better.
* Earthquake is generally better on Pinsir, allowing it to hit Aegislash hard and Heatran harder.
* What's with your current IV's on Sylveon? It looks like you had a Hidden Power, but then got rid of it. You should run 0 Attack and 31 everything else, except for maybe speed. Also, on Sylveon, its special bulk, 95/130 is outstanding, while its physical bulk, 95/65 is not to impressive. In a clerical role, it's generally better to compensate for its low defense by investing in it instead of its special bulk. If you had done so, you potentially could've taken a fire punch from Dnite, given a free switch.
* I really don't think Galvantula is a good pokemon in OU, at all, and given that your only frail sweeper is fast, Sticky Web doesn't seem to benefit you that much. I'd honestly consider getting rid of Galvantula altogether and replacing it with a really good pokemon. But that's just me.
* Run 44 speed EV's on Rotom-W so you can burn Azumarill before it attacks you.
* Aegislash: This one is HUGE. Run the Crumbler set instead of the Swords Dance set. The swords dance set is honestly not very good, and the crumbler set is much more effective. It sacrifices bulk for strong mixed attacking potential, and would be a great addition to your team. The set can be found here. It should be noted that the set has strong priority, which would've helped you pick off Dragonite.

Battle:
Given the sets you had, here's what I would've done differently:

Turn 1: Charizard Y is one of the most common leads in existence. Leading with Galvantula was a big mistake that could have given your opponent momentum. Rotom-W was your best bet, although honestly you don't have a great Charizard check.

Turn 2: Switching in Rotom-W was far too risky here. If he EQ'd on the switch, you'd have an easily dead Rotom. However, your team has no true Excadrill counter, and Rotom-W may have well been your best option. This was probably more of a team flaw than a bad choice.

Turn 7: Huge wasted turn here. Leech Seed was pretty obvious, as Chesnaught hard walls most Aegislashes. A Pinsir switch in would've been great here.

* Turn 12: Your team is very Dragonite weak, and you don't run stealth rock. This means you really need to focus on hurting Dnite to get rid of multiscale. If you had done so, later Hidden Power Ices could possibly have hurt it. You should've returned here, and then checked it with HP Ice from Galvantula. Sacrificing Sylveon wasn't that smart, although it couldn't have done anything to Dnite anyway.

Turn 13: Sticky Web was a terrible choice here. You should've seen by now that Dnite was going to kill your team, and you should've focused on killing it. However, it is likely that this wouldn't have mattered, due to the terrible misplay of turn 12.
Thanks! I've updated my team according to your suggestions:

Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Ancient Power

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Return

Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Greg (Excadrill) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Greg (Aegislash) @ Life Orb
EVs: 244 Atk / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

What do you think of it now?

Also, I don't really think Charizard as too much of a threat, Pinsir outspeeds and OHKO's it with return.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks! I've updated my team according to your suggestions:

Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Ancient Power

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Return

Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Greg (Excadrill) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Greg (Aegislash) @ Life Orb
EVs: 244 Atk / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

What do you think of it now?

Also, I don't really think Charizard as too much of a threat, Pinsir outspeeds and OHKO's it with return.
That looks like a really solid team! Don't forget to change Heatran's IV's back to 31/0/31/31/31/31, 'cause you're not using a Hidden Power. I'd also still push for 44 speed EV's on Rotom to outpace Azumarill, but it's your call. Be sure to try this team out; I almost guarantee it will work better.

Ash Borer

Talonflame (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk

Latios (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Landorus (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Aegislash (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Tyranitar (Tyranitar-Mega) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-99121966

Alt: flightlesspeacock

Summary: Idk it was close and... I want to see what I could have done better.
Turn 1: You lead with PDC Latios and he leads with Hippowdon. In my opinion there was only 2 things that could have happened this turn. Either A) your opponent predicted surf, draco meteor or psyshock and went to Ferrothorn or B) Your opponent predicted draco meteor and used Slack Off leaving you at -2 and him at high HP. In both cases Keldeo would have been a good play while Draco Meteor bought you little. It can be frustrating to figt stall teams that spam recovery against your Life Orb attackers but its important to remember that these turns are free switches. I suppose it was possible for him to go to clefable on that turn as well, however your opponent was running a very defensive team where Clefable probably has cleric moves, while Ferrothorn has status and hazards meaning that it would be more likely for him to go to FErrothorn so that he can do some damage.

Turn 4: This turn you play it safe and attempt to hydro pump your opponent's Hippowdon. Something important while laddering is to try and analyse the skill of your opponent to predict what theyre going to do. It's frustrating to fight a ladder pleb and have them keep their Heatran in on Excadrill when they have Skarm in the back. In the same vein sometimes these ladder players are total mavericks nad would keep Hippo in on KEldeo when they have Latias. However, I feel as if your opponents team is really well composed, in fact I believe it is quite similar to a stall team I saw in smog tour last weekend. At that I would predict your opponent is no idiot and that he realizes Hippowdon is necessary to counter your Tyranitar which is obviously the dragon dance variant considering you did not lead with it to get rocks up and you are running a very offensive team. Know THIS it would be a realtively safe play to use icy wind here as defensive teams must be played by switching in counters nad not playing risky, while offensive teams need to play risky. What should also be considered is that your opponent does not know you have icy wind. ALthough Hydro Pump was a solid play here, it was low risk Icy Wind in truth was optimal. It would ahve forced your opponent to recover with Latias should they ahve wanted to switch into KEldeo later, and then Aegislash would ahve pursuit trapped it easily. Aegislash also was a viable play here however it was a bit riskier as specs icy wind still at least does decent damage to Hippowdon.

Turn 5: This is where it is very apparent your opponents knows exactly what he is doing. So early in a match he needs to play his LAtias very, very carefully anmakes a good double switch into Hippo. I can't say that you should have predicted this all the momentum was in your opponent's favour.

turn 6: You should notice this is phys def hippo right away, dont forget your opponents sets. That said, nice play. IF your opponent EQ'd here I would ahve been beyond surprised, ahe would have lost every iota of momentum he gained if you went to Latios or even keldeo there. Playing offense you need to take some risks or you suffocate to death under stall.

Turn 8: This was a very obvious ROost in my opionion. Not only did the threat of Heat Wave encourage king's shield, but Zapdos is your opponents best AEgislash counter nad as such he would want to keep it healthy, furhter still you ahve Tyranitar, something that takes nothing form Heat wave or thunderbolt. In truth you gained othing from using KS there, a crit Shadow Ball did 50%, you werent going to beat that Zpados 1 on 1. Latios and T-tar are decent answers to Zapdos you should ahve switched there.

Turn 9: Incredibly unlucky, theres a mere 8% cahnce at this happening. In my opinion this is a bit of team building issue, your team really just doesnt have all that much for status or Zapdos. I like healing wish latias on offensive teams to have a little bit of coutnermeasure to burns and shit. Perhaps you can switch latios to latias?

Turn 10: Tyranitar when burned is useless sadly.. Your opponent at this point probaably would love to take advantage of it to heal his hippowdon. A double switch into KEldeo would have been the optimal play. Staying in and roost stalling with Zapdos also may have been an option for him, however earlier I feel as if it was pretty obvious your opponent was a good player, and the absolute best play as to wall ttar and get recovery on hippo rather than sit there with Zapdos, so trying to get on top of that would ahve worked. At this point you were in a losing position and risks were necessary.

Turn 12: Opp switches to clefable to wall t-tar even harder than Hippo, apparently he was uncomfortable with -1 ice punches? "Clefable is buffeted by the sandstorm!". Unless cute charm is a new meta secret that was obviously unaware cleff. attacking could have done some damage, or switching to latios to defog agaisnt a lucky 3 turn freeze, or, going to aegis to save ttar as sack bait would have done something more.

Turn 13: No point in revealing the pursuit here, you might have been able to use it to still beat latias and try for a keldeo victory

turn 19: Kind of a hard call here, Slack off would have been good but he doesnt really need his hippo at this point and SR ensured a kill. I think Flare Blitzing would have been optimal knowing that.

Turn 21: A product of your pursuit revealing. Keldeo still pressures his team pretty hard if he loses LAtias and just couldnt afford that. YOu needed to get ahead of your opponent somehow and making the obvious switch to aegis wasnt going to cut it.

Turn 25: OH GOD THE PLAYS. I'm just going to call this a 50/50.

Final Turns: Why would you not use talonflame to shed leech seed andget off a turn of icy wind or something? If you sacked talonflame on a recover, then went to aegis and attacked then finished with icy wind you would ahve probably won. This was a choke, your opopnetns latias was obviously slower as it was a defensive build of sorts.

Also please excuse all the spelling and punctuation erros im too lazy to edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)