Best ways to EV spread?

Just wondering what the best ways to spread EV's are..

For sweepers, I know the best bet is to make sure they are as fast as possible, and hit as hard as they possibly can, resulting in 252 speed EV's and usually 252 in the attack stat they use, some mixed sweepers use both though by splitting it whenever one of their attack stats guarentee a OHKO on a certain pokemon with a certain move.

However, I'm not very familiar with creating walls/tanks/sponges/anything besides sweepers basically, and so I was hoping someone could help out with EV spread possibilities.

For example... if a Miltank were to be used primarily as a Heal Bell user, what would be the best way to spread her EV's?
Assuming it has Milk Drink, and 2 attack moves both based off it's physical attack stat.

Is it best to aim for a speed of say, 267, to outspeed those 266 pokemon, and give it enough HP EV's to ensure maximum leftovers recovery (divisible by 16), and perhaps make her defence and special defence EV's land on an even number (purely for my eyes only, basically), with the leftover EV's in attack, or what?

My Miltank doesn't have perfect EV's, and will be used as above.
According to Netbattle's pokemon creator, these are how many EV's I need with my IV to hit certain stats..

Miltank (F) @ ----------
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 112 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 96 Spd / 204 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Leaves me at...

352hp / 202atk / 240def / 80sp.atk / 220sp.def / 267spd

HP divisible by 16, hits one of those little 'magic' numbers, Jolly nature lets me put less EV's in speed, and more into special defence.

Is this the correct way of spreading EV's effectively for a pokemon that isn't a sweeper, or is there more I should know?

Let's me hit certain stats without needing 31 IV's..

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I generally don't like Max Lefties recovery HP. They are targets for Stealth Rock/Spikes and Burn. I'd run one more point and that would be solved

I would put more into Defense, and less in special defense, since you've got Thick Fat anyway to reduce Ice Beam. Also, I would probably go with 271 speed to beat Heracross, and those that run enough speed to beat Hera.
And as a general rule for walls, most are specialized in one defense or the other, but not both, and like as much HP as possible. There are exceptions though, like Cresselia, which I would put EVs into both defenses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)