Best OU Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard people say it's Scizor. High power, good typing, a wide variety of Priority moves and an excellent ability to go with them. The combination of Bullet Punch, Technician and STAB are tough to beat (unless you're a Shedinja :3)

I've heard people say it's Scizor. High power, good typing, a wide variety of Priority moves and an excellent ability to go with them. The combination of Bullet Punch, Technician and STAB are tough to beat (unless you're a Shedinja :3)
or a heatran :3 (or infernape, skarmory, and all the other fire and steel types.

I've always thought Jirachi was the best. So ridiculously versatile. Is a great supporter or a sweeper or a choice scarf revenger. Can basically do it all. Scizor, while great, is a little bit of a one (or two) trick pony.

Machamp is the Pokémon who kill more OU pokes, so it would be the best. If not, take a look to the OU list yourself.

Scizor is really nice, too.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Machamp is really good, in Gen 4 only a Rotom or Slowbro could always beat it, and Rotom had to run a defensive set.

I'd like to say that Heatran is the "best" due to its impressive usage and its ability to perform well on many different types of teams.

Machamp is definitely powerful, though.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Magikarp is by far the best OU Pokemon. But only because it evolves into Gyarados.

Best is a fairly subjective term. However if usage statistics are an indication of what people consider Best, then Heatran is definitely up there in my book. And for good reason, the damn thing is very powerful, versatile, and can be a big pain to stop once it has the upper hand.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It is impossible to say one pokemon is "best", because pokemon can do such a wide variety of things, and they all do them differently.

My definition of "best" is most versatile. I like to have that poke that can specialize itself to pretty much kill whatever it wants.

So I would pick Jirachi. From the power of the Superachi to the hax of the SubTwave set, Jirachi can do whatever it wants, when it wants.

Gen 4=Jirachi

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So I would pick Jirachi. From the power of the Superachi to the hax of the SubTwave set, Jirachi can do whatever it wants, when it wants.

Gen 4=Jirachi
I can support this. I pretty much cringe whenever I fight a rival Jirachi, only because of it's immense versatility and unpredictability (when it's not a Scarf Iron Head set anyway).

Gengar, suicune, heatran, dragonite, tyranitar, jirachi (in no particular order). Honorable mentions go to infernape and rotom.

haunter

Banned deucer.
We already got threads like this one. If you want to start a discussion you should at least put some effort into your presentation. "Best Pokemon" is extremely vague so you might narrow down your topic to a given play style\tier\role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)