Battle Spot Battle Spot Doubles - Japanese Sand Interpretation

Hey guys, this is my first RMT!

First of all I have to say I'm a beginner and I'm from germany, so don't expect perfect sets or perfect language! In VGC 2015 there was a well known sand team which I edited a little bit the way I like.

This is the team:

mence.gif

Rusty (Salamence-Mega) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

M-Mence is mixed to hit hard in different situations and max speed to get an attack off before Ttar's Assurance hits like a truck. The 20 EVs in atk are there for Amoonguss.

rotomw.gif

Ewan (Rotom-Wash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Rotom-W is the perfect partner for mixed M-Mence in a offense way because it has perfect coverage with HP Ice hitting dragons and Thunderbolt for water-types, Hydro Pump also kills Heatran. My Rotom-W is fast enough to outspeed Heatrans, modest Hydreigons and also faster than most of the pokemon in the meta. The LO helps him to get as much damage of as possible, which is nice for the HP Ice and the Thunderbolt on a Milotic to handle it toghether with M-Mence.

ttar.gif

Dorothy (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Assurance
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Ttar hits like a truck with adamant-scarf Assurance and Superpower helps against Kang and Heatran, Sand Stream is nice for my Exca and also a must to kill Sash Smeargels with just one attack.

exca.gif

Mordimort (Excadrill) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Protect

Drill Run is evil on Exca, because the most people expect EQ and Drill Run has a higher damage output as a single target attack. Focus Sash is a must to make Exca viable out of the sand.

aegi.gif

Sakuya (Aegislash) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

The best defensive mon in the game, there is nothing to say about aegi.

amoonguss.gif

Archibald (Amoonguss) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

I gave the standart Amoonguss a sitrus over the rocky helmet because I already have Aegi and Ttar for Kang so I thought there was no need for that.

I know its not that creative but this team works very nice, so try it out!

Thanks for reading.

Spe on Rotom looks kinda overkill but idk. Do you have those IVs on cart? I have a flawless HP Ice and 0 atk Rotom if you don't. Only have a Timid one, but I guess that's what you'd want.

Assurance on TTar looks iffy, and 8.4% run it compared to the 80% that are Crunch. You wanna be real careful about locking yourself into it. I think the main problem with is, since TTar is Scarf, it'll often be going before its teammate so Assurance will jst be 60 BP. Exca in sand and Mence are faster, so it might be good with them, but they have to damage your target for Assurance to really be worth it, and that's restricting.

4 SpD instead of Def on Aegi is probably good for Porygon-2. I doubt it really matters much though.

Sitrus is kinda odd on Amoongus but I think that's mosrly because item claws means it'll rarely be the one getting Sitrus. Here I guess it makes sense, though Black Sludge still might end up being more recovery for the most part, and isn't an item the odd Trick user can benefit from. Mental Herb could be interesting for Thundurus.

That's about all I can think of, Ferrothorn looks like a problem for you, but I don't think that's too bad.

Ty for your comment! Ferro is the nemesis off japanese Sand, not just off my version. Rotom-W's speed is necessary to outspeed modest max speed Hydreigon and timid max speed Heatran. The speed is also nice for killing smeargles, so I can Tbolt it and switch on the other slot on Ttar to kill it with the sand. Assuarnce pays off, most of the time you might use the other moves and you really only use Assurance together with Mence and Exca to kill Cresselia or the get high damage out when you lead with the sand core. I tried crunch before but killing a cresselia fast is very very nice. I play Ttat like: It comes in, attacks and then I switch it out, because i want to preserve it, so locking myself into Assurance is ok, because I do have Aegi and Amoonguss as defensive switch-ins.

I do have a HP Ice Rotom, but thanks!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Perhaps consider dropping Ice Punch on Tyranitar and using Fire Blast instead. KOes Ferrothorn after a Hyper Voice from Mega Mence or Drill Run from Excadrill. You'd need to rebreed for a Lonely Nature (and perfect / near perfect IVs) but it makes it much less of a threat. You've got Draco on Mence and HP Ice on Rotom-W for Dragons already, so I don't think a third option is necessary when you only have to look out for opposing Mence. Garchomp isn't super common and doesn't match up against you amazingly, and Hydriegon gets hit by Superpower by Tyranitar still...

Hey I am running a Japan sand team as well, so I will share some of my tests with it. I'd drop ice punch on ttar in favor of ice beam. Does the same thing you want it to do, but isn't affected by intimidate and has a good chance to OHKO lando-t and megamence! Even with a jolly nature! Just be sure to have perfect iv's. Ferrothorn is a tough cookie to beat, but I gave my mega menace flamethrower instead of Draco meteor to help with it. Here are my thoughts for it over the meteor: you aren't getting much covered with meteor besides dragons, and fairies are immune to it so that's also a problem. Flamethrower offers good coverage, making the only type resisted from Sal is rock type, but that's where exca, ttar, rotom, amoongus, and aegislash come in. You can use fire blast instead, but I prefer the perfect accuracy instead of the guaranteed Ohko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)