Other Metagames BALANCED HACKMONS fun but strong team

Hi people, it's Balanced Freakmons and this is my first Rate my team (RMT) so i hope you guys enjoy it :) . Balanced Hackmons is one of my favourite Metagames and it's the one i play the most. I´m trying to make new sets and teams in order to avoid always use the standard sets and i bring a new team today, of my creation and i need your suggestions in order to make it better :) .

Team Preview
========

Team Analysis
========

Hah Raaayyyy! (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- V-create/Precipice Blades

I started this team thinking about a pokémon that could face Diancie leads. So, the first pokémon i bring you is Pixilate Mega Rayquaza. I tought in 2 reasons when i chose this pokémon instead of Diancie: it's faster and has higher Attack stat. This type of Ray can catch Tyranitar by surprise, as well as Mega Gyarados. Fake Out+Extreme Speed are obvious attacks as well as Boomburst to take advantage of it's ability. The last slot is V-create/Precipice Blades in order to defeat bulky Steel types like Aegislash, Registeel and making good damage on Audino. It attacks the other -ates Rayquazas and Kyurems supereffectively. Max ev on Attack and Speed for max destruction.

Fair enough (Diancie-Mega) @ Life Orb/Safety Googles
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Moonblast
- Searing Shot
- Substitute

In order to complete my offensive duo, for pairing with Rayquaza i chose Diancie. And it was for one reason: pairing with Mega Rayquaza, people will think that is the core Pixilate Diancie+Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza. But i made a different set for both! And that's when the surprise factor comes! This kind of Diancie is like the Gale Wings Ray. It uses Substitute, sets up and sweep. Sheer force is here to increase even more the damage and to make good damage on walls such as Audino and Giratina even without setting up. The last move is Searing Shot/Earth Power for coverage against steel types.
The best way to use this, is trying to make that it enters the field against a wall, like Registeel for example. Then you Substitute and the oponent will try to change the pokemon and you have a free turn. In order to accomplish this, pivot pokemon are welcomed as partners.
Item: Life orb for (even) more damage or Safety googles to avoid Prankster Spore.
Max ev on Sp.Attack and Speed for max destruction.

Chronos (Dialga) @ Safety Goggles/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Nuzzle
- Defog
- Leech Seed

With 2 offensive pokémons i started to think in my defensive core. I needed a pokémon that was able to restst to -ates and that had a good bulk. So, Soundproof Dialga came to my mind for 2 reasons: It completely surprises -ate Mega Diancie because it resists to its -ate attacks and it's immune to Boomburst. Diancie will try to use it, and then you avoid and counter with Flash Cannon :D OHKO for sure! Nuzzle is here to annoy set up sweepers like Rayquaza, Kyurem and Gengar and to ruin Poison Heal abusers if you predict them coming. Defog is for the hazard removing and Leech Seed is an option to stall other walls and Kill Shedinja by surprise.
Item: Safety googles to avoid spore spam or Rocky Helmet for Shedinja.
Ev on HP and Def to make it Phisically Bulky because we have soundproof to avoid the biggest Special threat like Boomburst.

Regitroll (Registeel) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Recover
- Iron Head
- Infestation

I needed a way to imposterproof my own Diancie and Rayquaza, since they are powerfull. So, in case of choosing V-create Rayquaza and Searing Shot Diancie (which is my case) Flash Fire Registeel came to my mind. It walls the fairy attacks of both Rayquaza and Diancie and it's immune to their fire attacks. I use U-turn for pivoting in order to help Diancie or Latios to come safely, Recover for stall, Infestation for Shedinjas, and Iron Head for doing good damage on other Diancies. But you can use Topsy-Turvy or Nuzzle as other options.

Jet Plane (Latios-Mega) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 156 Def / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Psystrike/Spacial Rend
- Secret Sword
- Searing Shot/King's Shield/Ice Beam

I realized i needed a bulky sweeper that could come in, in case of Rayquaza or Diancie die, so I tought in one of my favourite pokémon: Mega Latios. With Soul Dew it has got a boost in Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense fot free. I gave it the Fur Coat ability which allows it to be even bulkier (in the Physical side, because in the Special side we have the Soul Dew's effect and Quiver Dance) and make it capable of setting up quite easilly if facing the right oponent. I gave it Psystrike for STAB and to hit PH Kyogre very well, Secret Sword is for Tyranitar and Gyarados (watch out the Sucker Punch) and Searing Shot hits Fire Types quite hard (with the Soul Dew effect it's even better). They are other options like King´s Shield when facing -ates, Spacial Rend for Giratinas and Ice Beam is good for Rayquazas and Yveltals.

Lord Audino (Audino-Mega) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

I needed a pokémon that could imposterproof Latios and a backup for Diancie, so I ended up with Audino. It´s bulky and Unaware makes it unbeatable by OHKO from attacks from my other pokémon. Soft-Boiled for health recovery and stall, Whirlwhind to face my own setup pokémon as well as facing Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza, Swords Dance Diancie, Shift Gear Mega Tyranitar and Primal Groudon. U-turn is for pivoting and Stealth Rock to help my sweepers doing their job and to defeat Shedinja.

Known Threats
========

-Primal Groudon: If audino dies, i have no safe switch-in if i am facing the V-create+Ground move set.(need to know how to counter, if any guys can help, i would appreciate).
-Shedinja: My sweepers can't kill it, i need my walls to do that job.
-Unaware walls: Stalling is my only way to deal with them, or hoping for a critical hit.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
couple of things

1. Dialga seems a little redundant when you have Registeel already, which is already a solid -ate check.
Dialga also has no recovery, which means that its easily chipped by -atespeed, especially since it doesn't resist fairy or ice
252 Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 196 Def Dialga: 174-205 (43.1 - 50.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 196 Def Dialga: 199-235 (49.3 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I would recommend using something like Fur Coat Giratina, especially since the team really has no switchin to PDon right now.
252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino in Harsh Sunshine: 379-447 (92.4 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

If you really feel that you need another more solid counter to -ate mons, Soundproof Slowbro is also very good, being immune to Boomburst and having immense defense to take the Extremespeeds. It can also function as a Pdon switchin/phazer in a pinch, as V-Create will not 2hko after rocks without a boost.

2. Mega Latios -> Mega Latias
On defensive setup sets (especially with FC), the 20 higher defense and 30 higher spdef is really useful, moreso than Latios' 20 spatk boost.

3. Sheer Force -> Magic Guard on Mega Diancie
Sheer Force Moonblast is nice, but Light of Ruin is noticeably stronger, and Diancie is also immune to passive damage like Leech Seeds and Stealth Rock. For the fire slot, you could use Flare Blitz over Searing Shot, as most of the defensive steel's run special defensive sets (Registeel, Aegislash). Aggron (and Steelix) are basically the only defensive steels that are physically defensive, but those are destroyed by a +2 Light of Ruin
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Mega Diancie Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aggron: 417-491 (121.2 - 142.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(calcs to show the differences between Flare Blitz/Searing Shot)
+2 0 Atk Life Orb Mega Diancie Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 471-556 (129.3 - 152.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Diancie Searing Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 463-546 (127.1 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Light of Ruin also lets it OHKO Imposter Chansey at +2, meaning that if something happened to Registeel, it 50/50s against Chansey by itself.

couple of things

1. Dialga seems a little redundant when you have Registeel already, which is already a solid -ate check.
Dialga also has no recovery, which means that its easily chipped by -atespeed, especially since it doesn't resist fairy or ice
252 Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Diancie Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 196 Def Dialga: 174-205 (43.1 - 50.8%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Icicle Plate Refrigerate Kyurem-B Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 196 Def Dialga: 199-235 (49.3 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I would recommend using something like Fur Coat Giratina, especially since the team really has no switchin to PDon right now.
252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino in Harsh Sunshine: 379-447 (92.4 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

If you really feel that you need another more solid counter to -ate mons, Soundproof Slowbro is also very good, being immune to Boomburst and having immense defense to take the Extremespeeds. It can also function as a Pdon switchin/phazer in a pinch, as V-Create will not 2hko after rocks without a boost.

2. Mega Latios -> Mega Latias
On defensive setup sets (especially with FC), the 20 higher defense and 30 higher spdef is really useful, moreso than Latios' 20 spatk boost.

3. Sheer Force -> Magic Guard on Mega Diancie
Sheer Force Moonblast is nice, but Light of Ruin is noticeably stronger, and Diancie is also immune to passive damage like Leech Seeds and Stealth Rock. For the fire slot, you could use Flare Blitz over Searing Shot, as most of the defensive steel's run special defensive sets (Registeel, Aegislash). Aggron (and Steelix) are basically the only defensive steels that are physically defensive, but those are destroyed by a +2 Light of Ruin
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Mega Diancie Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aggron: 417-491 (121.2 - 142.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(calcs to show the differences between Flare Blitz/Searing Shot)
+2 0 Atk Life Orb Mega Diancie Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 471-556 (129.3 - 152.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mega Diancie Searing Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 463-546 (127.1 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Light of Ruin also lets it OHKO Imposter Chansey at +2, meaning that if something happened to Registeel, it 50/50s against Chansey by itself.
I will consider some of your suggestions, specially Latias and FC Giratina. They seem great pokémons to fit in this team. But the Soundproof Dialga can take Diancies by surprise and I ended very well using it. Thank you for helping me bp scrub ;)

Well, most of the points seem to have been covered by bp scrub. FC tina works yes but I can see this team being 6-0d by adap gengar if tina is used. Pixi ray does give you the element of surprise but ttar and gyara can easily be handled by diancie, so I would suggest switching back to the usual aerilate ray, since most players automatically associate any ray+diancie as gale wings+ pixilate. As for Pdon, well, its almost impossible to hard counter it unless you run a mon that has the function of only countering pdon. Moreover, most players of late have stopped running v-create on pdon otherwise they find it hard to imposterproof the team. Pdons usually run Shift gear, T Arrows, Synthesis, Leech Seed/ KS. This set is hard countered by FC Chansey ( if you hate the blob, forget this XP).

+6 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 544-642 (77.3 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and you can happily return the favor with metal burst. FC chansey also serves to handle mega gengar which seems unmanageable otherwise, and as an added benefit, it serves to beat -ates 1v1.

If you do find shed to be an issue, run magma storm on either ray or latios. This should take care of the shed issue for you as well as help you vs steels.

Hope you find this useful :)

Well, most of the points seem to have been covered by bp scrub. FC tina works yes but I can see this team being 6-0d by adap gengar if tina is used. Pixi ray does give you the element of surprise but ttar and gyara can easily be handled by diancie, so I would suggest switching back to the usual aerilate ray, since most players automatically associate any ray+diancie as gale wings+ pixilate. As for Pdon, well, its almost impossible to hard counter it unless you run a mon that has the function of only countering pdon. Moreover, most players of late have stopped running v-create on pdon otherwise they find it hard to imposterproof the team. Pdons usually run Shift gear, T Arrows, Synthesis, Leech Seed/ KS. This set is hard countered by FC Chansey ( if you hate the blob, forget this XP).
+6 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 544-642 (77.3 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and you can happily return the favor with metal burst. FC chansey also serves to handle mega gengar which seems unmanageable otherwise, and as an added benefit, it serves to beat -ates 1v1.

If you do find shed to be an issue, run magma storm on either ray or latios. This should take care of the shed issue for you as well as help you vs steels.
But i have a problem, i dont't know who to switch in order to include FC chansey. And the same goes to some tips from bp scrub. Dialga is the deffoger and -ate check. I already changed Latios fot Latias, and it's needed of course. Audino is needed for hazard support and to wall GW mega ray. Regi is needed to imposterproof both Ray and Diancie.

And for Primal Don, i made a post suggesting the ban/suspect test for his set...is ridiculously powerful. I pointed 10 reasons to ban that monster xD

I will change Searing shot for Magma Storm in latios.

[quote="Disciple_1, post: 6882254, member: 245001"Hope you find this useful :)[/quote]
Disciple_1 Thank you for helping me ;) really appreciated that ^_^

But i have a problem, i dont't know who to switch in order to include FC chansey. And the same goes to some tips from bp scrub. Dialga is the deffoger and -ate check. I already changed Latios fot Latias, and it's needed of course. Audino is needed for hazard support and to wall GW mega ray. Regi is needed to imposterproof both Ray and Diancie.

And for Primal Don, i made a post suggesting the ban/suspect test for his set...is ridiculously powerful. I pointed 10 reasons to ban that monster xD

I will change Searing shot for Magma Storm in latios.

[quote="Disciple_1, post: 6882254, member: 245001"Hope you find this useful :)
Disciple_1 Thank you for helping me ;) really appreciated that ^_^[/quote]

IMO, remove dialga. Or if you feel that the team is weak to steel types then remove dino. You can give either defog or SR to regi and remove iron head which TBH is a sub par move . Also if you do decide to keep dialga try using doom desire instead of flash cannon. It hits a ton harder.

IMO, remove dialga. Or if you feel that the team is weak to steel types then remove dino. You can give either defog or SR to regi and remove iron head which TBH is a sub par move . Also if you do decide to keep dialga try using doom desire instead of flash cannon. It hits a ton harder.
I know DD hits harder, but its not for this dialga. This dialga is to surprise diancies. I cannot remove dino, because it´s my GW mega ray counter xD I already made a few changes to my team. Thank you once more :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)