Other Balanced Hackmons: Breaking the Balance (peaked 1625, #6)

Hello. I'm Jiibriil, a long time BH and CH player. Due to the lack of decent teams on the lower ladder (a long standing problem) I have decided to retire my most offensive team yet in favor of going back to playing stall.

Well the lack of decent lower ladder players isn't why I'm retiring my team... but it's why I'm posting it. I peaked at #6 on the ladder with this team, at 1625:

upload_2015-5-26_6-26-43.png

I'm crap at intros, and this is my first RMT, so let's just get right into it.

upload_2015-5-26_6-29-35.png

I decided when making this team that I was going to move away from stall. Arguably the most powerful -ate abuser, and the fastest one that gets STAB, Mega Rayquaza easily took my first team slot.

upload_2015-5-26_6-31-0.png

If I was going to run Mega Ray, I needed a way to wall him, in case of incoming Chansey. I needed an -ate wall anyway... and Registeel is highly regarded as the best of them. That's good enough to make the second slot of this team.

upload_2015-5-26_6-32-22.png

Next I decided I needed a Pdon. This thing is an absolute monster, tearing through the tier with unresisted coverage between Thousand Arrows and V-Create/Sacred Fire. I didn't know at this point what ability or even what set I wanted to run, but I knew I needed the dude.

upload_2015-5-26_6-34-51.png

Much like with Registeel, I needed a way to wall my Pdon. There aren't many good choices for this, the two most popular choices being Giratina and Mega Slowbro. Since I planned on being able to take some amount of special attacks, I went with Giratina.

upload_2015-5-26_6-36-44.png

Mega Gengar is an ideal attacking Pokemon. It's got high Spa and Speed and it is easily Imposter-Proofed. Not much else to say at this point.

upload_2015-5-26_6-38-45.png

No BH team is complete without her. I will always use Chansey unless I am running a special kind of team (like Sand) that requires me not to. If you need me to explain why, you're in the wrong place.

'aight then, there's my teambuilding. On to the main event!

Dank Snake (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- King's Shield

This guy is an absolute terror. STAB Aerilate FakeSpeed, Boomburst for pesky MegaBros and Pdons, and King's Shield to troll enemy -ate abusers, MegaRay is among the most powerful offensive threats available in BH. You should outspeed any enemy -ate except for Pixilate MMX, so unless your opponent sends one out, you will win in speed.

I usually lead with MegaRay, even more so if the enemy has a Deoxys-S. FakeSpeed will kill it easily, giving you a 6-5 advantage. If the opponent leads with a Shedinja and has a Slaking/Regigigas on their team, Fake Out the thing. Chances are it's an Illusion. Don't get hit with... well anything if you can help it. You're frail. Feel free to switch out the Sharp Beak for Safety Goggles if it suits you; sometimes it's advantageous to be able to switch in on predicted Spores. Not my style though.

(Insert 'at' symbol here that I can't use because the stupid thing links to peoples' profiles, damnit)boTTT-Primal (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

The best -ate counter west of the Mississippi! No but seriously, unless the enemy -ate is carrying Thousand Arrows, Sacred Fire, or something similar, they can't do anything to you. Just Toxic 'em and laugh. If Ray gets Impostered, do the same thing. Use this guy to sponge up all manner of attacks, status, and anything else. If both Ray and the enemy -ate are dead, feel free to sacrifice him if necessary.

The EV spread can be changed around a bit, depending on what you want to wall, but generally max SpD works fine. Oh and contrary to the gif above, Registeel doesn't resist fire (citation needed).

Just a Part-Timer (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Thousand Arrows
- Trick

Rawr! Primal Groudon, terror of Ubers, AG, and BH. Holy crap this thing is powerful, and now we get to give it whatever ability we want. I picked Contrary over the many other options (Mold Breaker, Tinted Lens, Desolate Land) because it's one of the only Contrary abusers that doesn't have to be scared of Chansey. Just don't go boosting Superpower a few times while she's still alive.

Generally I try to save this guy for late game, when the enemy Giratina/MegaBro is dead, because otherwise Pdon is easily walled. Hold of on Superpower if Chansey is alive too, as you don't want to have to fight this thing with Atk boosts. If you get Impostered, just switch to Giratina and Poison them. Then laugh. Then laugh some more. Then eat a pickle. I highly recommend dill pickles.

Dr. Nooooooo (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Aromatherapy
- Psycho Shift

Status Absorber, Team Healer, Bane of Groudon, Spreader of Burns, Part Time Shedinja Killer, Satan-on-the-weekends, Giratina fills a lot of roles. DO NOT LET HIM DIE EARLY. He can spread both burns and poison, and he can cure your team. Watch out for Knock Off, as it renders half your set unusable (unless you're willing to sacrifice your PH).

This thing isn't going to go down easy, and I rarely ever lose it except to SE attacks. I take out the enemy Giratina via Status or, if they too are PH, I use Gengar. Gengar is great for-- oops. Getting ahead of myself here. Moving on...

Ogrekill (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit

Generally avoid sending out MegaGar if possible. He's got 3 main uses: 1. Killing Shedinja. 2. Killing Poison Heal Giratinas. 3. Stopping Primal Kyogre sweeping you (sometimes)

Ok that third one's a load of crap. Basically once the enemy Shedinja (if it exists) is dead, I end up sacrificing this guy on something. You won't get a chance to sweep with him against any decent player, he's just insurance. If you find yourself against a Stealth Rock/Roost/Toxic/Parting Shot Shuckle, feel free to set up a SS and go on a killing spree. Just watch out for priority. And... Well actually that's pretty much it. You can take anything else. Usually. Also, if they switch Chansey into you, proceed to rofl repeatedly.

Egg-sellent (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Skill Swap
- Heal Order

16 and pregnant! My they grow up so fast. Chansey's role should be fairly obvious to anyone who has played BH at all, so I won't bother to go into that much detail. Swap into threats. Sweep. Avoid Hoopa-U, MegaGar, and PH mons. And Shedinja. If the enemy has a Yveltal and a Mega Metagross, or a Dialga and a Xerneas, don't switch Chansey in on the Steel type, as the other is a commonly known pair that'll carry Magnet Pull and completely nullify the your attacks while setting up to +6 everything AND THEN KILLING YOU ALL AMFG NO.

tl;dr- Imposter shit, kill stuff. Avoid common traps.

All right guys, that's my team. Wait... I'm not done? What's that? Threats? Can I stop writing already? Why am I doing this?

Threat list:
Ok first of all I'm not finding gifs/sprites for all these guys. LIVE WITH IT. I'm also not putting them in any particular order... Just as they come to mind.

Primal Kyogre- This guy's a major problem. After one Quiver Dance, he can sweep you. Easily. If it doesn't have King's Shield, you can wreck it with MegaRay. If it has King's Shield, you can wreck it with Pdon. Just don't switch Pdon into a Scald. And don't let it set up more than one QD or Pdon won't outspeed it. DO NOT TRICK AWAY YOUR SCARF UNTIL THIS THING IS DEAD OR YOU ARE SURE IT DOESN'T HAVE KING'S SHIELD.

SD/Shadow Sneak Sturdinja- I've seen a few of these guys lately. They set up a SD as you switch in Gengar, then KO you with Shadow Sneak. Watch out for this. Don't immediately switch Gengar into Shedinjas. Scout their sets first with Giratina.

Pixilate MMX- This thing can give you some serious trouble if you don't recognize that it's Pixilate right off the bat. One wrong move can land you a dead Giratina or MegaRay, and neither is good (citation needed). Scout MMX sets with care. Assuming Pixilate can get you a dead Registeel to Protean just as easily.

Imposter Slakigigas- CBA to type both names. You know what I mean. If they get a Belly Drum off when you switch... they can wreak havok on your team with Espeed, Drain Punch, and Crunch. Ray can usually take them, but still... be careful.

Omanyte- The god. "And on the 7th day, Lord Helix rested. But then Lord Helix realized all of his teams were HO. So Lord Helix made Stall. And it was a terrible day good." Fossils 3:12-14
If you see him, forfeit immediately. You've already lost.

boTTT-Primal (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Just a Part-Timer (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Thousand Arrows
- Trick

Dank Snake (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- King's Shield

Dr. Nooooooo (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Aromatherapy
- Psycho Shift

Egg-sellent (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Skill Swap
- Heal Order

Ogrekill (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit

And there we have it. My work here is done, make sure to say hi if you see me or my alts (Jiibriil Test #, boTTT-Primal) online!

And don't use my own team against me, my new stall team also happens to counterteam it ;)

Gl on the ladder. Suggestions are welcome. RegenVest Registeel is fine, if you feel it necessary. Nicknames have been changed because I can.

Last edited:

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
You have no way of dealing with Illusion SS MegaGar once Mega Ray is gone. Might want to add in some extra priority somewhere.

Also, Mega Ray's Evs and nature could be adjusted to 156Atk/100SpA/252Sp Naive nature. I've had more success with this spread as the SpA investment allows Ray to really plow through physically defensive stuff more easily; Just a suggestion. Besides Stab+Item+Aerilate boosted FakeSpeed is going to be doing a ton to most neutral mons even without full investment. This spread allows you to deal with stuff like PDon and non-soundproof M-Agg more reliably. Pretty good team though.

Last edited:
You have no way of dealing with Illusion SS MegaGar once Mega Ray is gone. Might want to add in some extra priority somewhere.

Also, Mega Ray's Evs and nature could be adjusted to 156Atk/100SpA/252Sp Naive nature. I've had more success with this spread as the SpA investment allows Ray to really plow through physically defensive stuff more easily; Just a suggestion. Besides Stab+Item+Aerilate boosted FakeSpeed is going to be doing a ton to most neutral mons even without full investment. This spread allows you to deal with stuff like PDon and non-soundproof M-Agg more reliably. Pretty good team though.
I'll try the EV changes on Ray.

Good use of MegaGar can take down this team, it's true, but it requires it to be paired with a Shedinja and some prediction to occur. Personally I've never had a problem with MegaGar...

Close combat over superpower on groudon, as it doesn't drop your attack stat, and roost over slack off on giratina, because since it gets rid of your flying weaknesses, you loose your ice weakness

Actually, I would recommend running kings shield or dark void over pursuit on mega gengar. Cause kings shield will help you wall obvious revenge killers like -ate ray. Personally I've always found that having a Pokemon with prankster will help destroy a lot of teams and I generally use registeel as my prankster. Dunno if you would find that useful.

Actually, I would recommend running kings shield or dark void over pursuit on mega gengar. Cause kings shield will help you wall obvious revenge killers like -ate ray. Personally I've always found that having a Pokemon with prankster will help destroy a lot of teams and I generally use registeel as my prankster. Dunno if you would find that useful.
Pretty much Gar's entire purpose is to kill Shedinja. King's Shield would remove this quality, and DV would give enemy Chansey a chance to cripple me.

Also:
-2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 157-186 (59.9 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Gengar Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 240-283 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So you still lose even after KS.

Pretty much Gar's entire purpose is to kill Shedinja. King's Shield would remove this quality, and DV would give enemy Chansey a chance to cripple me.

Also:
-2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 157-186 (59.9 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Gengar Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 240-283 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So you still lose even after KS.

Most players will switch out after the attack drop on rayq. And the only reason I suggested that was because with pursuit Chaney will destroy your team if your own rayq is out.

Most players will switch out after the attack drop on rayq. And the only reason I suggested that was because with pursuit Chaney will destroy your team if your own rayq is out.
How exactly does chansey destroy anyhitng?
+2 0- Atk Mega Gengar Pursuit vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gengar: 108-128 (41.3 - 49%)
+2 252 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Gengar Judgment vs. -1 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 1004-1184 (142.6 - 168.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Also run some defense on that chansey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)