Baby Spider Infestation

So a couple of weeks ago, I was texting while laying down on my bed and I saw this little itsy-bitsy spider crawl across my screen. I'd seen baby spiders before, and just asumed that was the only one, until I killed one that was walking on my arm, and another that crawled across my shirt.

So I turned on the lights, and looked around. I notice that theres a bunch of little black dots next to my guitar hanger, and upon closer inspection, it's about 40 little spiders. Obviously freaked out, I go get my dad and we make some bleach/water mixture to kill them with a spray bottle (it basically melts them alive). I sleep on the couch that night. Over the next few days, I continually go back into my room and find more little "nests", killing them every time. Overall, I'd probably killed about 150 or so, and then I killed off the stragglers over the next couple of days.

About a week ago, I started sleeping in my room again, but just last night I killed three in quick succession that were crawling across my bed. When I turned on the light, I found more crawling across my bed, and they were really small (not growing larger like the stragglers from the first batch). So I get up to go look around, and I found five nests of them, two more than I did the first time. I probably killed around 200 last night, but honestly I don't want to sleep in that room until it gets gassed or whatever.

So far they're all on the same side of my room (near the outside, near the window), and have been using three primary nesting spots. I just want any possible help to get rid of them the quickest and the cheapest, and any possible explanations as to how they got there/what I can do to keep them from coming back.

For those who don't know, Las Vegas is full of cockroaches and crickets, so it would be impossible to get rid of their parents' food sources (we don't have infestations of the roaches, but outside you can find a decent amount at almost any house). I'm starting the feel that the only option is to kill all the baby spiders, but I seriously doubt I'd be able to do that. Help is most definately appreciated!!!

They help get rid of pests.
yeah, really tiny pests. seriously, unless the spider grows big enough to eat a mouse, then it wont take out many pests. if it to does grow that big, i dont care how useful it is i'd want it out of my bed room.
as far as advice goes, i would take everything out that you can, change bed covers etc, get out clothes, books, everything. then just check for cracks etc they could be coming from, and exterminate them.
thats probably the best bet apart from calling in a professional.
good luck, it would freak the hell out of me.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jesus, I'd have probably died by now if I were you lol. Just call an exterminator IMO, best thing to do.

you said they were all by the window side of your room? check the window yet? could be a crack or a gap in the caulking or something. Sucks balls though i hate finding insects and spiders in my house.

Oh god I hate it when I find bugs around the house. I guess I have a phobia for them. I would've gone crazy and slammed my stuff everywhere. Just call an exterminator, it doesn't seem like they'll go away very easily. And yeah, like the other person said, check the window for their source.

Or if you don't feel like getting an exterminator, you could, like my friend suggested, "go apeshit all over them"

Dude, I would've burnt my house down already if I found that many spiders in my room alone.

Does the movie Arachnophobia ring a bell for anyone?

Try a bug bomb.
You can buy it at your supermarket.
Give yourself a good 4-5 hours for the gassing to fizzle away and you should be good.
Make sure you do it when it's not humid or else the gas will turn into liquid and drench your room.

Call an exterminator or just keep raping them. Try to look for the mother so she can't make any more babies. Is there some sort of food in your room that they're attracted to? I remember I had atleast 100 ants in my backpack because of an old candy cane. Good luck. xD

Exterminator or Bug Bombs are the only real way.

Agreeing with Syprus on the food thing; get it out of the room if there's any.

There's even a possibility that they're feeding off of bed bugs, so check for those as well.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I ever found three spiders crawling on my arm I'd never feel clean again /shudder.

I also think an exterminator would be the best course of action. Or you can make friends with them.

Heh, so my dad has sprayed the room and it's been spider-free for two days. I'm just wary about sleeping in there because last time it was "spider-free" they were breeding right under my nose! But basically the entire wall and window was sprayed, so I think I should be safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)