Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would someone be willing to teach me how to RNG in Pokemon Black? I've never RNG'ed in any previous versions, and I'm very envious of all these trade threads with shiny pokemon and nice IV spreads ):
This thread, starting with this post, has all of the RNG research Smogon has done for 5th gen. Alternatively, you could PM one of the users with trade threads featuring RNGed Gen 5 pokemon and ask for some help.

Synchronize's effect has not changed from Gen 4 to Gen 5; it still has a 50% chance to get the same nature.

If I battle a Patrat (1 Attack EV) while holding the Power Anklet (4 Speed EVs) and I have Pokerus, will I get 2 Attack EVs and 8 Speed EVs?

If I battle a Patrat (1 Attack EV) while holding the Power Anklet (4 Speed EVs) and I have Pokerus, will I get 2 Attack EVs and 8 Speed EVs?
I'm not positive, but going off the description on bulbapedia, that is correct.

And yeah now that Blaziken is gone, Infernape is back to being awesome. Not quite as dominant without Speed Boost, but still very awesome.

because I am angry at Infernape for outclassing blaziken in 4th gen

and i have better memories of my blaziken in emerald than of my infernape in diamond even though I played diamond first.

I like Infernape, but i can't bear to use it instead of a Blaziken.

I still don't understand why Blaziken is banned when it's his Speed Boost ability that has made him Uber.

Wanting to avoid complex bans is one thing, but what's so complex about banning Speed Boost on Blaziken?

Basically just because Speed Boost isn't broken, Blaziken with Speed Boost is. I get that it isn't that complex to say Speed Boost Blaziken is banned, but that is by definition a complicated ban

Anyone have a Ditto with 31 Sp. Attack IV's I can borrow for a while? Thanks. :)
If I breed a Ditto with a FEMALE Deino who has Dark Pulse will its offspring still keep Dark Pulse once it's been hatched?

Hello smogon, I am a competitive battler from generation IV (Diamond)
And I want to further go into the 5th gen meta game. However, the way I got my battle pokemon in 4th gen was via sav and the GTS exploit to transfer those SAV'd pokes into the game. As far as I am aware, there is no GTS exploit for 5th gen as of now. So, what I'd like to know is, has anyone here used a (DSi OR DS phat pref dsi) and make pokemon in pokesav exported the code to AR and had positive / no negative effects on their pokemon white or black save game or cartridge?
I'd like to consider buying one. Thank you for your time.

Hello smogon, I am a competitive battler from generation IV ...
You generally shouldn't talk about hacks in this forum. Keep in mind though that Pokésav is no longer (in generation 5) supported by the website that first created it (Project Pokémon) so take care if you do decide to use it

Anyone have a Ditto with 31 Sp. Attack IV's I can borrow for a while? Thanks. :)
Try asking here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87300

When are natures, IVs, and whatnot set for your DW Eevee? I'm about to earn my DW Eeveelution but I want to know when this stuff gets set before I do anything for it.

If I BP 6 curses to a pokemon holding White Herb will the WH cure all of the speed drops?

Ex: Umbreon BPs +6 Curses to Crobat holding White Herb

If I BP 6 curses to a pokemon holding White Herb will the WH cure all of the speed drops?

Ex: Umbreon BPs +6 Curses to Crobat holding White Herb
White Herb wouldn't activate at all in that scenario. It only activates when something raises or lowers a stat of the holder while the holder is in battle, in this case, the holder isn't in battle when the -6 Speed occurs

White Herb wouldn't activate at all in that scenario. It only activates when something raises or lowers a stat of the holder while the holder is in battle, in this case, the holder isn't in battle when the -6 Speed occurs
Would you be able to activate it and clear all of your Speed losses by only passing +5 Curses to it, and then Crobat using its own Curse?

When are natures, IVs, and whatnot set for your DW Eevee? I'm about to earn my DW Eeveelution but I want to know when this stuff gets set before I do anything for it.
Same here, as I just spent 2 hours trying to beat the game without dying or getting more of those effin' Electric or Dark orbs than Water orbs for my Hydration Vappy? Will it be, like, (most) wondercard mons wher you can soft-reset for the nature, or will it be a set one, or determined when you transfer it through GL?

Durant
Jolly, Male;
31/31/25/31/31/31
SWARM

Ditto
Modest;
31/31/31/31/31/31

What can I do to breed these two together to get the best results? Too many shits with Swarm or getting the wrong stats like Special Attack. What do?!?

Durant
Jolly, Male;
31/31/25/31/31/31
SWARM

Ditto
Modest;
31/31/31/31/31/31

What can I do to breed these two together to get the best results? Too many shits with Swarm or getting the wrong stats like Special Attack. What do?!?
Try breeding for a Female Jolly Durant with at least 31 Att, then breed it with your Ditto and you should end up with a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)