Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all the same at level 100, When electabuzz evolves into electivire, its stats change then. The ev's gained etc. won't change.

the cap for any stat boost is 6, so you can't get a + 12 in special defense.

I know the cap is six but I tested my bibarell and it allowed me to defense up 6 times before saying stats cannot go up anyhigher and it had the simple ability. Can you explain that?

When you use outrage with a Scarfed Garchomp and you don't KO the opponent and decide to switch out, can you, or are you trapped until you finish your 2-3 turn rampage?

I said nothing about using Volbeats. The offspring of an Illumise can either be another Illumise OR a Volbeat. If you want to get a Volbeat with Trick, you'd breed a male Trick Spinda with an Illumise.
Oooooh, ok. When you said male parent I thought you meant the volbeat/nidoking. Thanks for clearin that up.

When you use outrage with a Scarfed Garchomp and you don't KO the opponent and decide to switch out, can you, or are you trapped until you finish your 2-3 turn rampage?
You are trapped which makes it undesirable to hit a Steel type with it.

I know the cap is six but I tested my bibarell and it allowed me to defense up 6 times before saying stats cannot go up anyhigher and it had the simple ability. Can you explain that?

IIRC, the boost cap is at an effective +6 no matter what... which would mean that your stats wouldn't go any higher after you used defense curl three times, but you'd be able to use it 3 more times anyways... which would be pointless unless you lost your ability to skill swap or trouble seed... make sense?

is it true that soul dew doesnt work on the battle tower?
I actually haven't tested it out in D/P, but there is no sane reason why GF would allow the Soul Dew to work in Battle Tower. It didn't work in the Battle Frontier, and I'm pretty sure the rules carry over unless GF went mad.

Question:

I'm planning a non-standards team (for BL/UU play) and I was wondering if the following Pokemon would be allowed:

Feraligatr
Nidoking
Crobat
Regigigas (lol wut)
Snorlax
Alakazam

Thanks.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Tiers aren't confirmed, but Alakazam and Snorlax are certainly OU ergo no good for BL/UU. The rest will probably fit in that category but it's too early to speculate.

name: Flinch
move 1: Body Slam / Thunder Wave
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Aura Sphere / Grass Knot
move 4: Wish / Roost
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Calm / Modest
item: Leftovers / Metronome

What's a good EV spread for this Togekiss set? I read the EV section and it said to max Hp and that I won't need that much Special Attack EVs since I have Nasty Plot, but there's no Nasty Plot on this set. Can someone help with the EV spread?
Can anyone help me with this please?

Can Ice Shard freeze? I was led to believe no - Serebii doesn't list it as an effect, and there's no mention in the move description or research threads - but then I was frozen by Ice Shard in Shoddy.

Figured I'd double check here before reporting.

To get 308 speed on my Palkia I need 236 EVs (I know its a crappy IV). I trained 136 EVs on magikarps and then went to use the ten carbos. When I tried, however, the game said that it would have no effect. All the other EV affecting items did work. What did I do wrong? Can I fix it (besides happiness berries)?

If you have EV trained in a certain stat over 100 EVs, then the vitamins will not work, since after 100 they have no effect in that respective stat

Ice Shard does not freeze the opponent. It simply strikes first

how does one breed egg moves on to a nidoran (male)
I would think the same way as passing on any egg moves. The baby a Nidoran female and Nidoran/Nidorino/Nidoking hatch is randomly one or the other.

If a Ditto is holding a Choice Scarf, will it end up struggling after Transforming, or will it be able to pick a new attack? Also, I've read conflicting things about the boost that Quick Powder gives. Does it x2 Ditto's speed or is it a 50% boost? I tried to find out myself tonight, but it doesn't change it's actual stats, so I had no real way of checking.

I'm working on a team of battle Dittos (mostly for lolz on PBR wifi), and it would seem using a Choice Scarf over Quick Powder may work out better. That way Ditto can be faster than whatever it's transformed into instead of hoping I get to go first randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)