Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Hi
my two cousins and i have been doing a "Challenge" run of emerald, where basicly we say, for example, the next challenge is to beat the 6th gym, or first one the complete the weather institute starting from mauville, then race to complete it first

hopefully, you get the idea
another rule we have is that you can't use the same pokemon as one of the others are using
i want to ask which poekmon would be the best option for my fifth pokemon (am up to sootopoliss, but have not yet gone towards the seafloor cavern)

My team:
Sceptile
Tentacruel
Ninetales
Vigroth
Flygon

all level 45

unusable 'mon:
Blaziken
Swampert
Altaria
Swellow
Plusle
Azumarril
Breloom
Camerupt

not fussed about move sets, but would like some insight into what would be a good addition to this team

thanks in advance

Quick question: Can you breed two different species of pokemon from the same egg group if they have different evolutionary stages?

Example: Rhydon/Slaking

I guess you can, but for some reason it didn't work first time I tried...

Quick question: Can you breed two different species of pokemon from the same egg group if they have different evolutionary stages?

Example: Rhydon/Slaking

I guess you can, but for some reason it didn't work first time I tried...
that might be because they're in different breeding groups
as long as two pokemon are in the same breeding group and opposite genders, they will breed eventually

Hi, I just started breeding a heracross, and I'm wondering which of heracross's abilities would be better. I hope this isn't a dumb question; I'm very new to competitive pokemon. thanks.

Hi, I just started breeding a heracross, and I'm wondering which of heracross's abilities would be better. I hope this isn't a dumb question; I'm very new to competitive pokemon. thanks.
Guts is the best ability. It allows you to switch in WoW and Toxic and gain an attack boost.

Alright I have another question already.. I'm wondering exactly how good pokemon are in competitions and what not. Are there like, pokemon with 31 IV's in every stat, or what?

I have a question about RNG for pokemon platinum. So, I have to set my game so the journal opens up automatically when I begin? How do I do that?

Im trying to RNG solely for hatchin a shiny natured poke, and I cannot run into a lv52 poke on route 225/226 or wherever im supposed to EVER. Ive gone through like 15 max repels each try or more and nothing, and the lead lv52 in my party has no overworld effect or anything of the sort. Ive even tried a lv51 in my lead spot and cant run into anything

Im trying to RNG solely for hatchin a shiny natured poke, and I cannot run into a lv52 poke on route 225/226 or wherever im supposed to EVER. Ive gone through like 15 max repels each try or more and nothing, and the lead lv52 in my party has no overworld effect or anything of the sort. Ive even tried a lv51 in my lead spot and cant run into anything
You don't need the pokemon to be over level 50. Any pokemon on those routes will be around a high enough level for RNG reporter. The article saying "lvl 50+" is just to give you an idea. I did mine with a level 47 machoke and it worked fine.

And I also have another question about RNG. If a bred pokemon has two parents hacked to have perfect IVs, will the bred pokemon pass Nintendo's hack tests?

itll pass hack checks, but its cheating :/ may as well hack your pokemon to make them shiny too, cause the stats are more important than the color...

Hi, I just registered in this forum. I from Brazil and play pokemon since the yellow version through emulators. The last one I played was Emerald though.

Recently I decided to purchase a DS Lite and a Pkm Soul Silver due to pure nostalgy and it should arrive this week. I decided that my team playthrough/online are to be the same but I am having some doubts. I hope someone can answer me.

1- Im considering having Gliscor my team but its pre evolution can only be found in HG. Whats the easiest way to trade with someone with safety?

2- How many Lifeorbs/Leftovers/TMs like Thunderbolt can I find in the game?

3- Whats the fastest way to obtain Trapinch, Beldun and Larvitar? I dont want to wait years of playing to catch them.

4- My Team should be: Nidoking, Flygon, Metagross, Lapras, Tyranitar and the sixth one I have not decided yet. Opinions?

Im sorry if this is not the correct place to start this topic but I didnt find other more suitable.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
1. The easiest way is to buy a second Nintendo DS and a second Pokemon game and do it yourself.

2. You can buy Life Orbs at the Battle Frontier, Leftovers is available with Pick-Up and when you capture Snorlax. Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower can be bought in the Celadon Game Corner.

3. Trapinch and Beldum you cannot get until you get the National Pokedex, and only in the Safari Zone. Larvitar you can pick up as soon as you have access to the Safari Zone, which you can have access to with as little as four gym badges.

4. I would recommend a Cyndaquil and it's evolutions. Fire type Pokemon are extremely powerful in-game, and Cyndaquil is no exception.

Since you won't have access to Flygon and Metagross for a very long time playing through the game, I would recommend you also consider a Mareep and one of the Eevee evolutions (Espeon is especially useful in-game).

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
UU is underused, it means that those Pokemon aren't used as much. OU is a list of Pokemon that are commonly used.

If you're planning on playing online, there's no need to level up your Pokemon because they'll auto-level to level 100.

Due the news today.. I've got to clear out my games wonder Cards for up to 4 Pokémon. So state what's I should be looking out for in the following.

All of these are European events.

Mew x2 (One is able to stay as card for a little longer than the other)
Ranger 2 Riolu
Ranger 2 Darkari
Ranger 2 Manaphy (All Ranger stuff on one game, Unknown order.)
Arceus
Jirachi x2
Regigas
Shiny Pichu for Spikey Ears Pichu

PBR Pikachu

I can't think of what to with many of these.

Execpt for Riou, If usable for Baby cup, I'll use it. I don't want to evolve it.

I know all of them are Über, except for PCP, which is NFE/NU, at best.

What are good pokemon to run sunny day on for both a NU and UU team? I'm trying to build a team with arcanine (for UU) and tropius (for both UU and NU). Also, what are some other good options for a sunny day team?

1) How to check your pokemon accurate IV beside Wifi battle tower?
2) How do you breed a perfect Togepi with 31/31/31/31/31/31? (Doesnt have to be 31 just really good)

1) How to check your pokemon accurate IV beside Wifi battle tower?
2) How do you breed a perfect Togepi with 31/31/31/31/31/31? (Doesnt have to be 31 just really good)
1). Well, there are several methods. What I do, if I can, is save the game. Then I use rare candies on the pokemon to get it to level 50. Check the IV's (make sure it either has no EV's, or you know the EV's yourself) then turn off the game so you don't actually lose the rare candies.

2). You can either chain breed, or RNG it. Look at smogon's breeding guides, and RNG'ing guides.

1). Well, there are several methods. What I do, if I can, is save the game. Then I use rare candies on the pokemon to get it to level 50. Check the IV's (make sure it either has no EV's, or you know the EV's yourself) then turn off the game so you don't actually lose the rare candies.

2). You can either chain breed, or RNG it. Look at smogon's breeding guides, and RNG'ing guides.
Can you check the IV by leveling it a little at Elite 4?

Can you check the IV by leveling it a little at Elite 4?
Yes, but remember, it will gain EV's through experience by fighting. So if you want to level it that way, you must keep track of the EV's it earns. If you have already trained it a bit, and haven't been keeping track of the EV's it has gained, you might as well just get someone to check the IV's via wifi, because EV's on the pokemon change it's stats, and if you don't already know what they are, it's next to hopeless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)