Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Which nature Milotic prefers Mirror Coat: Bold or Calm? Does Milotic want to take more damage from special hits, or have the power to take the most powerful of special hits and reflect them back... e.g. Thunderbolt from a specsjolt?

I am going to dinner and when I get back... I will decide based on popular opinion from this thread!

I have searched a lot for this, but cant find a definitive answer anywhere. Do power items (ie. power anklet) add +4 EVs per pokemon or per battle? Heres an example. Take the bidoof trainer (with 5 bidoofs) south of Solaceon. Normally that is 5 HP EVs. With a power item boosting HP, will that become 9 EVs or will it be 25 EVs? Thanks in advance

I have searched a lot for this, but cant find a definitive answer anywhere. Do power items (ie. power anklet) add +4 EVs per pokemon or per battle? Heres an example. Take the bidoof trainer (with 5 bidoofs) south of Solaceon. Normally that is 5 HP EVs. With a power item boosting HP, will that become 9 EVs or will it be 25 EVs? Thanks in advance
It's per Pokemon, so it will be 25 EVs.

So Lyra just called me and told me to take a Poliwag to route 40 and something would happen. Anyone know if anything actually happens or if it's just Lyra being Lyra and wasting my time?

So Lyra just called me and told me to take a Poliwag to route 40 and something would happen. Anyone know if anything actually happens or if it's just Lyra being Lyra and wasting my time?
Did you talk to the Poliwag? normally she refers to the pokemon's reactions, which may vary depending on the route.

QUESTION:
Are the encounters with the Regis in Plat triggered by the Regigigas obtained in trade having a cherish ball, or a Fateful encounter?

If you keep talking to it it'll eventually say poliway swung its belly around or something like that

okay I know I'm being lazy, but what do i have to do to get Kyogre to appear in HG I can't get Mr Pokemon to give me the blue orb. He keeps talking about the kimono girls.

maybe you should try talking to the kimono girls?

QUESTION:
Are the encounters with the Regis in Plat triggered by the Regigigas obtained in trade having a cherish ball, or a Fateful encounter?
fateful encounter, if you hack it I think it still works

multiple answers are fine.. Q: Which starter is a good one to chose for HG? I need to have fun on this one.. and not get bored.

multiple answers are fine.. Q: Which starter is a good one to chose for HG? I need to have fun on this one.. and not get bored.
Chikorita is poor because it has a type disadvantage to the early gyms. Either Cyndaquil or Totodile would probably do fine, and I am partial to the former because I'd just rather use the red Gyarados as my water type.

All 3 of them have rather limited level-up movepools compared to the DPPt starters though, imo.

Chikorita is poor because it has a type disadvantage to the early gyms. Either Cyndaquil or Totodile would probably do fine, and I am partial to the former because I'd just rather use the red Gyarados as my water type.

All 3 of them have rather limited level-up movepools compared to the DPPt starters though, imo.
thats why its so hard to choose.. its pretty much the one gen where the starters are outclassed by almost everything.

id rather an Arcanine over Typhlosion.. rather a Gyarados over Feraligatr.. rather any grass, grass/poison over Meganium the waste of space.

This is more for the established users with shops...just out of curiosity.

How do you guys organize your trade thread pokemon in your game, boxes-wise? I personally used to do "Redis", "No Trade", "Breeds", etc, but I wonder if there's a better system than that. Thanks

thats why its so hard to choose.. its pretty much the one gen where the starters are outclassed by almost everything.

id rather an Arcanine over Typhlosion.. rather a Gyarados over Feraligatr.. rather any grass, grass/poison over Meganium the waste of space.
When you play SS you can't get a Growlithe, so then Cyndaquil can be a good choice. Gyarados over Feraligatr is obvious. Meganium simply sucks, it's only support, not really used in-game. You can take Scyther instead

why is porygon 2 NU? ive been using it on an UU/NU team playing in the standard metagame and its the strongest member of my team. it consistently saves my ass and has help me improve my win/loss ratio.

why doesnt it get used more? does it have a glaring weakness that i've overlooked?

why is porygon 2 NU? ive been using it on an UU/NU team playing in the standard metagame and its the strongest member of my team. it consistently saves my ass and has help me improve my win/loss ratio.

why doesnt it get used more? does it have a glaring weakness that i've overlooked?
Thats because it is usually outclassed by walls like Steelix, Chansey, Regis, Weezings, etc. However, if it works for you, thats great. Ive been using a Blastoise in OU (for the Rapid Spin support) and even though its UU, its been doing great. Just use what you like, OU and UU arent always the best, just the most used.

I'm european. If I get an Japanese Pokemon SoulSilver game and try to play it on my DS, will it run?

And more important:

With that japanese game, could I get the events that are on japan? Goon's Scizor, Giovanni's Celebi, etc. Or to do that I should be, literally, in Japan?

It may sound stupid, but someone told me that "if the game is from Japan, you can download their events. It doesn't go by region, but by game".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)