Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
@ pokeMONstar: in order to have even defenses, Celebi can have a 252 HP/180 Def/76 Sp. Def in order to have even defenses, because Sassy is a +Sp. Def. nature.
However, Celebi generally invest more in their Defense stat because of the large number of physical attackers in the metagame, so you could well have all Defense EVs.

@DarkJester: It is a quirk of Gen. IV because Diamond and Pearl did not have the Rotom Formes, so they cannot be used over Wifi. There are Hacks that can be used, but for most people that is not practical. If you are in Ubers, you could use Giratina, but in OU you could only really use Gengar or dusknoir, barring UUs like spiritomb.

EDIT: Dammit Haunter.

Can someone suggest an alternative item for Fake Tears Glaceon (as in, other than Leftovers)? Between its bulk and Wish, it seems like Glaceon really doesn't need the turn-by-turn recovery.
Still hoping for an answer. I'm thinking LO recoil wouldn't be particularly well-recieved... Ice Beam/HP Fighting combo doesn't super-effectively cover *quite* enough to justify Expert Belt... I could always go with one of the type-berries, but that seems lame.

@Athenodoros, there is a difference between hax and hacks. You are right with Celebi being mainly used as a Specially Defensive pokemon, however I think your reasoning is a little off. I think its because physically, there are almost no physical Fire/Ice/Bug moves used, bar U-Turn, whereas on the Special spectrum, you have the ever common Ice Beam, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, all of which are going to deal heavy damage if not kill Celebi, making his typing not really great for a Special Wall. Typing plays a huge role in whether a pokemon can be used as a Physical/Special wall, its why you rarely see Physical Wall Metagross and stuff, Earthquake is far too common.

@Antar, I don't think you would want anything other than Leftovers, although chople berry or something could mean getting the kill on a primeape or whatever.

When breeding two pokemon can you replicate one's nature and the other one's Iv?
(one holds an everstone while the other holds a power item)

UltiMario:

One-hit KO moves like Sheer Cold are no different from other moves that deal damage. That's because they don't cause fainting, but rather deal "damage to opponent equal to opponent's current HP."

UltiMario:

One-hit KO moves like Sheer Cold are no different from other moves that deal damage. That's because they don't cause fainting, but rather deal "damage to opponent equal to opponent's current HP."

interesting take on the way the damage other pkmn

When are Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf's IV's and natures determined in Platinum? What about the Legendary Birds?
I believe Uxie and Azelf are determined when you talk to them, and Mesprit when you release it from it's cavern. The bird's natures and IVs are determined when you talk to Oak.

Has anyone hacked into Pokemon Rumble yet? If so, what's the highest possible level? And are there limits as to how high each Pokemon's level can be?
I can't hack into it, but I can tell you that my highest level Pokemon is a 2458 Dialga, and I have a hunch that something like 2499 or 2500 is the highest level. Of course, it's entirely possible 3000 is the highest obtainable level. Good luck finding a definitive answer.

Hey guys, I've browsed these forums often for information and have decided to post since I have a question (possibly more) that would be nice to have answered. This one may be more difficult to answer since I suppose it's subjective or opinion-based, but I've been planning on replaying my Pokemon Emerald since I've been playing Pokemon Diamond (almost finished breeding/EVing a decent team for personal fun) and I wanted to ask, in your opinion, who is the better SubSeeder, Roserade or Sceptile? Right now I'm using Roserade, but I always wanted a Sceptile after reading up on him and how efficient he seemed to me as a SubSeeder, but it seemed most people went with Swampert as their starter in the third generation games since he has more team options. Should I pick Sceptile if I want a great SubSeeder (or special sweeper, even) or should I keep Roserade and pick Swampert just because he's that good or does a better sweeping job, etc?

Is starting my Platinum over worth getting a Naive Heatran for it's Choice Scarf set? I'm stuck with Modest. :/
That's really completely up to you. We don't know how much you do or don't like playing through the game or how badly you need a Choice Scarf Heatran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)