Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to evolve magneton in HG and SS, as there is no Mt Corenet (or whaatever it's called)
You have to evolve your Magneton on Mt.Coronet in DPPt. That's the only way to do it. And that's also the reason your rival is not able to have a Magnezone.

Are the parents from different countries? I've heard that that can make the Power Items not work correctly, simmilarly to Everstones passing Natures.
I'm aware of that. I figured that out with my English Ditto. I'm now using two Gibles hatched on the same cartridge, one with perfect Attack and perfect speed, and the other just with perfect speed. Yet, somehow, even with one holding the Power Anklet I'm still getting Gibles without perfect speed.

I'm looking at the Serebii page that details all the PokéWalker routes (http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...ker-area.shtml) and don't understand what the bottom row of each table means. I've read the PokéWalker FAQ on GameFAQs and understand the concept behind group A/B/C Pokémon, but I'm still confused with how to interpret that bottom row, especially on the Pikachu page. Could someone please explain it to me? Thanks!

I'm looking at the Serebii page that details all the PokéWalker routes (http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul...ker-area.shtml) and don't understand what the bottom row of each table means. I've read the PokéWalker FAQ on GameFAQs and understand the concept behind group A/B/C Pokémon, but I'm still confused with how to interpret that bottom row, especially on the Pikachu page. Could someone please explain it to me? Thanks!
Every time you put a pokemon into the walker it selects one pokemon from each group that you can find on your walk. You can only find certain pokemon (such as the flying pikachu) after you've reached a certain amount of steps. The bottom row details what your odds are of finding X pokemon after you've walked enough to unlock pokemon from group B or C. Make sense?

Question:

If I breed a Pokemon (fresh level 1 egg), and use 98 rare candies on him. (making it level 99), and then collect 510 EV points before it turns level 100, and then I use one more rare candy, will the Pokemon be raised with all of it's stats correctly?

If not, what is the maximum level I can raise it with rare candies before it becomes illdeveloped?

Can someone help me making a spread/moveset that will maximize a calm Milotic's defenses?

Right now, mine has 252 HP/240 Defense/4 Speed/4 Special Attack with Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, and Recover...

How can I improve this spread without changing the nature?
I took the numbers from Team Ikki Tou Sen from the RMT archives, and a Calm Nature gives an extra four points in special defense, whole maintaining the same other stats... Is my new spread alright?

Question:

If I breed a Pokemon (fresh level 1 egg), and use 98 rare candies on him. (making it level 99), and then collect 510 EV points before it turns level 100, and then I use one more rare candy, will the Pokemon be raised with all of it's stats correctly?

If not, what is the maximum level I can raise it with rare candies before it becomes illdeveloped?
Yes, that will work. As long as you get all the EVs before reaching level 100, you will always get the full effect.

When are the nature and IV's for suicune raikou and entei determined? is it when you first see them before you go to the 4th gym?

Also, are you able to erase your save file in hgss and start a new game? I haven't tried but when you try starting a new game it gives you a warning that you will be unable to save the new game.

EDIT: Also, do we know how to RNG abuse pokemon in HGSS yet? and if so is there a guide like the one for DPPt?

Can someone help me making a spread/moveset that will maximize a calm Milotic's defenses?

Right now, mine has 252 HP/240 Defense/4 Speed/4 Special Attack with Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, and Recover...

How can I improve this spread without changing the nature?
I took the numbers from Team Ikki Tou Sen from the RMT archives, and a Calm Nature gives an extra four points in special defense, whole maintaining the same other stats... Is my new spread alright?
You are missing 8 more EVs. I'm not really sure how I should approach this question, so I will be giving you a comparison of the stats between Milotic from the Team Ikki Tousen and Milotic from your EV spread.

This is Ikki Tousen's Milotic.
Bold Nature (+Def,-Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/4 SpA/96 SpD/4 Spe
Stats: 394 HP/140 Atk/255 Def/237 SpA/310SpD/199 Spe

This is your Milotic.
Calm Nature (+SpD,-Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/244 Def/4 SpA/8 Spe
Stats: 394 HP/140 Atk/255 Def/237 SpA/314 SpD/200 Spe

I gave your Milotic 8 speed EV so it can always outpace a max speed Adamant Aggron. I think your new spread is pretty okay. The team Ikki Tousen is really old though, but Milotic should be doing fine in the UU tier.

Edit: I'm not really sure whether you're planning to make your Milotic more of a physical wall, a special wall, or a balance between the two. The EV spread should really depend on what threat you are trying to make your Milotic capable of countering against. The 8 speed EVs should be a given though, since such a small investment lets it outspeed a max speed neutral Aggron.

Why not try and play around with Smogon's Damage Calculator? http://www.smogon.com/calc/

When are the nature and IV's for suicune raikou and entei determined? is it when you first see them before you go to the 4th gym?

Also, are you able to erase your save file in hgss and start a new game? I haven't tried but when you try starting a new game it gives you a warning that you will be unable to save the new game.
Their IVs, natures, whether or not they're shiny and what colour their parachute is will be determined as soon as they all run away from you in the tower. Though, I'm not entirely sure if Suicune's IVs and such are generated until you battle him in Cerulean, I'd have to get back to you on that.

Also, yes, you can. If I can remember correctly, the warning only states that saving will delete your old file, it does not restrict you from saving.

Question:

Can anyone think of a good strategy involving Mewtwo and Deoxys as sweepers, without using any other ubers?

In Heartgold version, after the Kimino Girls have summoned Ho-oh, are you then allowed to simply walk away, battle the elite 4 and come back at a later date to battle Ho-oh, or does the game force you to capture Ho-oh at that point?

When IV breeding in HGSS with the power items, if you have one on each parent so as to pass on 2 specific stats, are any of the other 4 IVs passed from either parent, or are they all randomized?

In Heartgold version, after the Kimino Girls have summoned Ho-oh, are you then allowed to simply walk away, battle the elite 4 and come back at a later date to battle Ho-oh, or does the game force you to capture Ho-oh at that point?
You can defeat Ho-oh and it'll respawn after you beat the Elite 4. The Kimono Girls even tell you this. Obviously not in those exact words, but yeah.

A question of my own: Has anyone else been trying for a Surfing Pikachu from the Yellow Forest? I've gotten ONE, and it's Hardy. Also, anyone have any strtegies for battles in the Pokewalker? The rare stuff keeps evading, and when I try evading they tend to run.

You can defeat Ho-oh and it'll respawn after you beat the Elite 4. The Kimono Girls even tell you this. Obviously not in those exact words, but yeah.

A question of my own: Has anyone else been trying for a Surfing Pikachu from the Yellow Forest? I've gotten ONE, and it's Hardy. Also, anyone have any strtegies for battles in the Pokewalker? The rare stuff keeps evading, and when I try evading they tend to run.
It seems that when you fight more rare stuff, you should attack more, and only evade if your health is not at full, or don't evade at all. Generally a wild Pokémon will be more inclined to stay and fight if they are damaging you too

I haven't got one yet, I gave up after I went running + shook it for about half an hour and I didn't get shit. As for pokewalker strats, I generally find if you do this formula it works pretty good:

Attack -> Evade -> (Repeat until they are down to 2 or 1 bars) -> Capture

works about 80% of the time for me.

I'm trying to catch a Technician Scyther in the Bug Catching contest in HG, but I've had 6 Swarm Scyther in a row now. Am I just unlucky or is there some other thing influencing this?

What is the most important factor in determining stats of a pokemon?

My friends got into a big debate...I figured it'd be Base Stats, EV's, Nature, and then IV's. Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to catch a Technician Scyther in the Bug Catching contest in HG, but I've had 6 Swarm Scyther in a row now. Am I just unlucky or is there some other thing influencing this?
Just bad luck, my sister got a Technician Scyther the first Bug Catching contest she did.

And thanks for the Pokewalker suggestions guys.

A simpler question and a more complicated one:
  • When I get around to it, Adamant or Jolly Ho-oh? What balls look good?
  • How exactly do Dive Balls work in this generation anyway? It says it's "good for Pokemon in the ocean". How would it define "ocean" exactly? Would it count for Lugia since the "arena" shows the same kind of water as surfing on the ocean between Olivine and Cianwood?

Question:

It will NOT. The first part of the method you described is fine: getting it to level 99 with Rare Candies and getting its EVs. However, Rare Candies do not apply EVs, so you'd have to give it the last level manually. It's better to do it the other way around: get its EVs at low levels, get one more natural level-up, and then use the Rare Candies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)