Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be a good moveset for a (shiny) Docile Mespirit with 28-29/X/28-29/12-13/26-27/22-23 IVs? I was thinking a few SpA EVs to kind of make up for that below average stat, and put the rest in Def/SpD/HP, but I'm not sure exactly how to distribute it.

um, i did the thing for the choice specs, but for some reason my game's calling it the wise glasses. is this the same thing or what?

edit: my game's an hour off, most likely due to daylight savings, so that's probably what's up...fuck staying up for another hour. this event sucks my asshole

um, i did the thing for the choice specs, but for some reason my game's calling it the wise glasses. is this the same thing or what?

edit: my game's an hour off, most likely due to daylight savings, so that's probably what's up...fuck staying up for another hour. this event sucks my asshole
Just change the time on your DS, and they are not the same wise glasses raises all special attacks by 10%. also, vaporeon.

What is the best starter to beat weavile?

Due to playing competitive battles purely on Netbattle I have not had the need to EV train before. But now with Wi-fi I want to make my team on my actual game too.

However EV training still confuses me slightly :<

What I really want to know is where you have a level 1 hatched pokemon you cant really kill anything alone thus I presume you will initially have to use Exp.Share.

Now if you kill a pokemon that yields 2 attack EV's are they split between the two pokemon receiving exp or do they both get 2 each or just the one who does the attacking?

So if I have a shroomish and I kill a pokemon that yields 2 attack EV's, but I kill it with my gyarados because the shroomish cant do the killing itself, how is the 2 attack EV's distributed?

danke in advance

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What is max base power of gyro ball, and what are the speed requirements for it?
Max power for Gyro Ball is 150 or 151 (it doesn't make a lot of difference either way). To get this base power, the Speed stat of the foe must be at least six times greater than that of the user of Gyro Ball.

Pretty much anything with Choice Scarf beats Weavile starters. Bulky Gyarados does a good job too.

Is anyone else having problems with Metalkid's IV Battle Pairup thingy?

Sleep Clause means only 1 pokemon can be put to sleep at the same time [on each team obviously]. Pokemon that are asleep from Rest don't count.

Due to playing competitive battles purely on Netbattle I have not had the need to EV train before. But now with Wi-fi I want to make my team on my actual game too.

However EV training still confuses me slightly :<

What I really want to know is where you have a level 1 hatched pokemon you cant really kill anything alone thus I presume you will initially have to use Exp.Share.

You can do, but I just attach the required Power Item, give it pokerus, then send it out as my lead and switch each time.

Now if you kill a pokemon that yields 2 attack EV's are they split between the two pokemon receiving exp or do they both get 2 each or just the one who does the attacking?

If you take out something whilst another 'mon is holding EXP Share, they will be receive the full EVs.

So if I have a shroomish and I kill a pokemon that yields 2 attack EV's, but I kill it with my gyarados because the shroomish cant do the killing itself, how is the 2 attack EV's distributed?

Gyarados receives 2 Atk EVs, and Shroomish receives 2 Atk EVs.

danke in advance
ich liebe dich

What's a good moveset for this Zapdos from LG?

6-7/30-31/28-29/30/18/30 (speed last)

Calm nature, HP Fighting 67BP

Thinking about a tankish set:

252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SAtk

(Discharge / Thunder) / HP Fight / Ancietpower / Roost

Or should I do a sweeper instead?

Go for a minimum of 406 speed to at least outspeed Choice Scarf Heracross, then I normally max HP with the rest in attack.

Or go for 244HP Evs instead of the max 252, if you want your HP to be divisible by 4. Id still just to max and be indivisble though, imo thats better on Ninjask

Okay Two questions, both kinda the same.

Do choice items work with the move metronome? (Because metronome uses different attacks)

And does metronome the move, work with the Item metronome?

(Is planning on building a metronome team to throw up on the battle tower just to mess with people.. THE biggest luck team EVAH!)

How do you guys check the HIDDEN POWER of a legendary bird in FR/LG? Any tips? The problem is that you can't save afterwards, in case the bird is no good.

Thus if you use Rare Candies and you decide the IVs are good, you've wasted all the Rare Candies...

There are also no Kecleons in FR/LG, so you'd have to use the Vs seeker to find a double battle with your own Kecleon or something... any tips?

Okay Two questions, both kinda the same.

Do choice items work with the move metronome? (Because metronome uses different attacks)

And does metronome the move, work with the Item metronome?

(Is planning on building a metronome team to throw up on the battle tower just to mess with people.. THE biggest luck team EVAH!)
What is the item metronome?

Metronome Boosts a move's power by 10% every time it is used consecutively, with a cap of 200%. The boost is lost when a different move is selected.

So I kind of want to use that on a blissey, to tank and then get some crazy luck.

How do you guys check the HIDDEN POWER of a legendary bird in FR/LG? Any tips? The problem is that you can't save afterwards, in case the bird is no good.
Why would you need to use any Rare Candies on the birds? I would be very surprised if you couldn't get exact IV's from metalkid's calc on the level you catch them on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)