Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Charmeleon has a different typing, but it is counted as Not Fully Evolved, and therefore not allowed on the same team as Charizard.
That's incorrect. Charizard and Charmander are two different species, and as such allowed on the same team. I tested this both through challenge (with the species clause) and on the ladder. Both worked.

My team was Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard (to make a point of course).

i was wondering what pokemon learn wish and how they learn wish, like by giveaways, lvl up, ect....
Um, that's a lot of info that I don't feel like looking up (really, a lot of pokemon learn wish)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/wish

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wish

I don't know of where to find a specific list of pokemon that learn Wish via event, but Blissey is the most known.

no there not there are the same species
It doesn't break the species clause, hence not the same species. Same line, yes; same species, no. That's like calling an humans and monkeys the same species. Evolution changes your species. Don't try to argue this, I tested it probably 20 seconds before making my claim. They are allowed on the same team, like it or not, meaning they are not the same species.

It's fact, and fact cannot be argued. Simple as that. Now let's not turn Simple Q&A into a pointless argument.

(I know I just crossed some shaky ground, but pokemon deals with evolution and so I used that analogy)

I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any major reasons I should get Platinum. I already own Pokemon Pearl, and I am unsure if I should get Platinum.

(By the way, a lot of these are becoming not-very-simple questions and not-simple-at-all answers. x3)

I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any major reasons I should get Platinum. I already own Pokemon Pearl, and I am unsure if I should get Platinum.

(By the way, a lot of these are becoming not-very-simple questions and not-simple-at-all answers. x3)
Off the top of my head:
~Platinum move tutors
~Better wifi
~New storyline
~New formes (Rotom-x, Giratina-o, Shaymin-s)
~Platinum exclusive events

Those are the more important of the reasons. There's more, but I'm not going to get into that. If you want my personal opinion, get it; you'll have as much fun and spend as much time on it as you did with Pearl.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I personally would be patient and wait. March isn't too far away, GF is getting more efficient with overseas releases.

EDIT;; But if you mean in general, of course get Platinum. x3

On Shoddy which rating counts towards the Suspect test? The conservative rating estimate or the other rating?

And Deviation is figured out how...?

On Shoddy which rating counts towards the Suspect test? The conservative rating estimate or the other rating?

And Deviation is figured out how...?
It's the average of your ratings (so the "other rating"; add the high and low and divide by two).

Deviation is the difference of that high and low divided by two.

So if your rating was 1200-1300, your rating would be 1250 and the deviation would be 50.

EDIT: If I'm wrong, somebody correct me. I'd hate to give out bad info and then have somebody miss the rating because of it. =/

The main reason to get Platinum is Skymin and the new Rotom and Giratina forms as well as the other move tutors.

Nintendo also seem to be saying that the 2009 Showdown will be a Platinum only event.

The main reason to get Platinum is Skymin and the new Rotom and Giratina forms as well as the other move tutors.

Nintendo also seem to be saying that the 2009 Showdown will be a Platinum only event.
You can't use Skymin on Wi-fi though... I suppose you get Air Slash etc on the normal one. I'd say the main reasons are the 2009 Showdown, Platinum-exclusive Wi-fi events (hopefully they'll make it out of Japan), and the move tutors.

I wanna start breeding, but i don't have any dittos or emerald. What can i do? I'm not going to install a empty shop, so...There's people than distribute dittos or something??

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
I wanna start breeding, but i don't have any dittos or emerald. What can i do? I'm not going to install a empty shop, so...There's people than distribute dittos or something??
well people will give you dittos if you offer something. First get practice on iv breeding which is a pain in the arsssee. So get used to it first.

well people will give you dittos if you offer something. First get practice on iv breeding which is a pain in the arsssee. So get used to it first.
I'm already in that...that's why i need some dittos, hopefully it will short the time required to get a decent poke.

Welll, i supose than i'm going to install a really poor shop for start. Thanks anyway.

is there a list of iv's for hidden power types anywahere ?
There's the formula on the movedex here but to be honest you are better off using trial and error and Shoddybattle - selecting a type from the dropdown gets you 70 power HP in that type.

For the Pokemansion, I have soft reset 20+ times to get an Eevee but have gotten every other Pokemon. Does this mean Eevee exists in the Garden at the moment?

for a Rapid Spin Tenta, is Clear Body useful at all? I can't seem to get Liquid Ooze no matter how hard I try ._. and my friend says it's better.

Would it hurt my Tenta a lot if it had Clear Body instead of Liquid Ooze?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
for a Rapid Spin Tenta, is Clear Body useful at all? I can't seem to get Liquid Ooze no matter how hard I try ._. and my friend says it's better.

Would it hurt my Tenta a lot if it had Clear Body instead of Liquid Ooze?
Not really. Clear Body prevents things like Special Defense drops from Psychic (Even though it probably won't survive anyway). You probably will see Leech Seed more often then stat drops, but if you're having a hard time, just remember not to switch Tentacruel into Leech Seed and go with Clear Body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)