Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the OU analysis state that Accelgor should get a Timid nature, while his base speed is 145?^^ isn't this an overkill on speed?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why does the OU analysis state that Accelgor should get a Timid nature, while his base speed is 145?^^ isn't this an overkill on speed?
Choice Scarf/speed-boosting mons. He doesn't gain much from a 10% boost in other stats anyway.

Choice Scarf/speed-boosting mons. He doesn't gain much from a 10% boost in other stats anyway.
a good example of this would be a pokemon with speed boost ability, lets use DW sharpedo in this example, at first its speed couldnt hold a torch to accelgors speed, but a few turns passed without switching and itll be faster than your entire team, that is, if it can survive that long, seeing sharpedo is frail as hell

I'm building a Rain Dance team. (to take advantage of Swift Swim) While Tornadus will be my primary rain summoner, who would make a good backup 'mon to slap Rain Dance on?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm building a Rain Dance team. (to take advantage of Swift Swim) While Tornadus will be my primary rain summoner, who would make a good backup 'mon to slap Rain Dance on?
Kingdra/other Swift Swimmer might work if you can spare the moveslot, so they can keep up the momentum if the rain dies in the middle of a sweep.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Other than swift swimmers(like voodoo mentioned) u may want to look into things like Damp Rock Azelf/Jolteon. Both are extremely fast(nearly guaranteeing rain) and Jolteon can also greatly benefit from the 100% thunders. Scizor with a Damp Rock also makes a really interesting Rain Dance setter since it will catch your opponent completely off guard(bluffs choice), and helps Scizor with his Fire-Type weakness. But yea these are just a few of the many options.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Has anybody here used a Scarf Metagross before? If so, can they comment on its effectiveness?
Even though its base speed is rather low the sheer unexpectedness of a choice scarf allows Metagross to function as a surprisingly effective revenge killer. Read here to learn more about the set itself from our onsite analysis.

OK, can someone help me out with this? I have an adamant Luxray with guts. I was wondering if one of the status inducing orbs would be a better choice for my luxray, over a cell battery. I've been using it in DB with a discharge using partner to activate the cell battery, but it only raises Luxray's attack once. I was also wondering if paralysis activates the "guts" ability? What is the better option?

OK, can someone help me out with this? I have an adamant Luxray with guts. I was wondering if one of the status inducing orbs would be a better choice for my luxray, over a cell battery. I've been using it in DB with a discharge using partner to activate the cell battery, but it only raises Luxray's attack once. I was also wondering if paralysis activates the "guts" ability? What is the better option?
To be honest, Cell Battery is extremely gimmicky even in Doubles. Hitting him with Discharge still causes damage even with the item, and you run the risk of paralyzing him, which isn't always ideal. If I had to pick between the two items, I'd go with Flame Orb for the reliable added power. As for the second part of your question, Paralysis does activate Guts.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Yes, paralysis does activate Guts. In general a status orb is the better item to boost Attack, at least in single battles. Cell Battery obviously has the issue of being usable once, and requiring a partner. The status orbs are more consistent but come at a cost of HP (this assumes you use Flame Orb, which most users do when trying to activate Guts).

This might be the dumbest question ever, but how does Psyshock interact with Light Screen? It attacks physical defense, so you might think that it effectively bypasses Light Screen. However, Light Screen is listed as affecting special moves, which Psyshock is, so that might be a case to say Light Screen affects Psyshock. Which case is right?

Xinefere: Scroll down from the main forum page down to where it says "Wifi" There are a lot of trade threads there.

aurora

aujourd'hui à
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This might be the dumbest question ever, but how does Psyshock interact with Light Screen? It attacks physical defense, so you might think that it effectively bypasses Light Screen. However, Light Screen is listed as affecting special moves, which Psyshock is, so that might be a case to say Light Screen affects Psyshock. Which case is right?
light screen raises special defense
psyshock's damage is calculated using physical defense
therefore, no, psyshock is not affected by light screen

I've since discovered that Light Screen DOES affect Psyshock. People in general, please be well informed before giving out answers. No offense Rory.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
from the B/W research thread said:
Confirmed Psyshock deals physical damage but substitutes the user's Special Attack in the damage formula instead of their Attack. Is reflected by Mirror Coat and has it's damage halved by Light Screen(Team Rocket Elite, mien)
please check your information before posting something like this.

Edit: ninja'd

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is Azelf UU and Virizion OU while Azelf is being used more than Virizion?

Based on May statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)