Project ArcheTYPE Cores (Ice/Flying/Fighting Offense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no what will I ever do now i'm not runner up anymore D:!!!!
It's fine NV =].
Further to my core.
+
+

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Barrier

We all know how powerful Barrier Musharna is right now with the right support. The main problems musharna have is Dark types and getting Toxiced. Offensive Mawile is able to beat both since it's immuun to Toxic and is almost able to OHKO every dark type in this meta.
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Play Rough vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Skuntank: 285-335 (81.1 - 95.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shiftry: 616-728 (191.9 - 226.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Malamar: 455-538 (121 - 143%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 183-216 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Lanturn helps Musharna as well in the fact that it is able to Scald burn dark type so that they are able to get widdled down. Heal Bell helps Musharna and Mawile if they are Toxiced or Burned. Overall this core is able to beat alot of pokémons in this meta.

Reactions: nv

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
lolbro - 3 (+1)
Jarii - 3
shadestep - 2
TTFTW - 1
Dr Ciel - 1

Imma use one of my votes to break the tie and I vote for...lolbro!

This week's winner is lolbro with Jarii becoming runner up for the second time!

For this week, I decided to go with offensive
ArcheTYPE cores! Submissions end on Friday so have fun! :)

Reserving Scyther+Regular rotom+Sawk

I'm fan of this core, Scyther and Sawk love the way how Rotom deal with things like Archeops, Rhydon, Tauros, and annoy a lot Kangaskhan and Quagsire and with the help of Scyther, they defeat the psychic type to click X with Sawk. Sawk also help Scyther to deal with rock and steel-type to set up more easily.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz

Rotom @ Spell Tag
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch

nice balance/offense core. Rotom's job is to weaken things like Steelix and Rhydon for Vivillon to sweep. Hitmonchan threatens Klinklang, Pyroar etc, but it walled by defensive Grass-types. Vivillon deals with those quite well. Hitmonchan has some nice natural bulk along with AV to be able to check things like Magmortar, as well as be able to get rid of hazards for Vivillon and also keep itself in sustain with Drain Punch.

Last edited:

This may seem like a gimmick but trust me it works. Larvesta/Lanturn/Sawk is more of a balanced core with an offensive twist. The goal of the core is to use slow u-turners to get in threatening sweepers/wallbreakers. Larvesta caught my eye when I noticed some people talking about it in NU chat and I realized it hard walls the new drops of Sceptile and Steelix only being able to 4HKO it (unless they carry a rock move). Flame Body is a good way to annoying most of the physical attackers in the tier who rely on contact moves such as Tauros, Kanga, Fighting types,etc. Lanturn formed the slow Volt-Turn core with Larvesta and helped sponge Water/Flying moves aimed at it, while Larvesta could come in on Grass/Physical hits aimed at Lanturn. Heal bell support also helps a Toxic'd Larvesta from getting worn down too much. Finally Sawk takes advantage of the slow momentum moves used and can fire off massive hits. It also resists rock moves aimed at Larvesta and can deter other Sawks from spamming Stone Edge aimed at Larvesta or risk Sawk getting in for free. This core clearly needs hazard support for Sawk's sturdy and Larvesta, and is also very weak to Archeops and Larvesta hates Knock Off so Mega Audino could fit in here nicely. Also pairing the core with a sweeper who resists rock moves such as DD don could further deter Sawk from locking himself into Stone Edge.

Moth Man (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed/Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower/Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Nemo (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
-Thunder Wave/Toxic/Whirlpool/Filler

Miguel (Sawk) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Alright guys it is time to vote for the offensive
cores. This week was a bit lackluster in terms of submissions, but they were good submissions nonetheless! With only 3 submissions this week, only vote for your favorite submission. Voting ends Monday! :)

Holiano

shadestep

DoubleBullShyte

Bug:

Electric:

Fighting:

nv

The Lost Age
DoubleBullShyte - 4
Shadestep - 3 (+1)
Holiano - 2

DoubleBullShyte is the clear winner and since there was a tie between Holiano and shadestep, I had to break it. As such, congrats to shadestep for being the runner up this week! :)

For this week, I decided to go with balanced
ArcheTYPE cores! Submissions end on Thursday this week since Christmas Day is on Friday, so have fun! :)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Reserving Golurk + Vileplume + Lanturn

While I rarely build balanced teams anymore, I decided to give this core a try, and it worked out pretty well in the ladder. Golurk is a pretty cool mon right now, as it has great coverage that allows it to beat many mons and he is a pretty good Stealth Rocker as well. Vileplume helps Golurk with his Water and Grass weakness, while Golurk helps Plume with her Steel and Fire weaknesses. Lanturn rounds out the core by checking Flying, Water, Electric, and Fire types really well, albeit having a small offensive presence. Weaknesses of this core are Archeops and Sceptile, but overall it's a really cool core and I hope you try it out! (Also pack a Articuno check with this core as Freeze-Dry Cuno just demolishes this)

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonlight
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire / Sleep Powder

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)