Anorith (Analysis) (QC: 0/3 | GP: 0/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

is cute crab
Anorith

Zebraiken said:
If you intend to reserve an NFE Pokemon that does not exist on this list or to write up a new set, you do not need to post here. Simply post your skeleton when it is ready, and be sure to include vigorous reasoning behind the usage of this Pokemon or set (logs/replay links would be excellent). Also, be aware that if said NFE Pokemon has an evolution that's currently in NU, I will be incredibly hard-pressed to actually approve it.
I don't think this will be a walk in the park, but I strongly believe that Anorith deserves a set, because I feel as if it is better than its evolution. It has better Speed, and factoring in Eviolite, it has nearly as much Defense as max Defense Armaldo. BUT FASTER.

[Overview]

• Very good attack and great speed for a utility Pokemon
  • It can easily pull of a Rapid Spin before dying thanks to its Speed and good Defenses
  • Has access to a variety of support moves such as Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin and Knock Off
  • Sadly, it has a lot of common weaknesses and no recovery outside of Rest
  • If you need a fast rapid spinner that can take some hits and dish some back, Anorith is your man or in this case, fucking cute bug (not going to say that in the analysis lel)
[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Rock Blast / X-Scissor
move 4: Knock Off
item: Eviolite
ability: Battle Armor
nature: Impish
evs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]

• Able to set up Stealth Rock before many of the other leads
  • Rapid Spin is the only reason to use Anorith, as it allows it to rid of hazards that can plague your team
  • In the third moveslot, Anorith can use Rock Blast to break Substitutes or X-Scissor to hit the common Psychic- and Grass-types in the tier. It can actually deal a lot of damage thanks to its great Attack stat
  • Knock Off allows it to dismantle Choice users and Eviolite users, most notably Misdreavus, one of the best spinblockers in the tier
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• The EV Spread gives it an odd HP number, and enough Speed to outspeed max Speed Golem and standard Garbodor.
  • Battle Armor is chosen over Swift Swim because this set isn't meant to sweep in Rain; if you want to do that, just use Armaldo.
  • A specially defensive spread could be used, but Anorith walls less things on that side of the spectrum.
  • Good partners include Pokemon that appreciate hazards removed, such as Charizard and Articuno.

[Other Options]

• Anorith can attempt an offensive set with Rock Polish or Swords Dance, but that is better done by its evolution, who has higher attack
  • It can also attempt a special set but it has piss-poor special attack
  • Nothing else I guess....
[Checks and Counters]

• Strong Water-types can defeat Anorith easily: Samurott, Mantine, Ludicolo, Swanna and Seismitoad can deal a lot of damage to it
  • Offensively based Steel-types, albeit rare, can still do a number to it, so Probopass and Metang
  • Yeah this part needs a bit of help.

my main concern with anorith is that its Speed doesn't appear to help it at all. What threats does it spin against that Armaldo doesnt? This set is even more helpless against ghosts against Armaldo.

I'm not opposed to Anorith having an analysis, it just doesn't appear to have much going for it

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only benefit that Anorith has over Armaldo is its slightly higher Speed, but this doesn't even help it outspeed anything notable that it can beat. Everything Anorith can do, Armaldo can do better, and Armaldo still can't perform that role well. Unless you can convince me that Anorith has enough of a niche, I'll be rejecting this by the end of the day.

qc reject

this is kinda stupid because anorith doesnt even have as much as bulk as armaldo and the speed is hardly relevant for a supporter like anortith (it still doesnt get past ghost-types)

with max physical bulk for both mons - armaldo has 354 / 328 / 196 while anorith (factoring eviolite) has 294 / 327 / 204 so armaldo has better bulk as well as the ability to use lefties/lum berry and not get crippled by knock off
armaldo also has better physical attack with makes its attacks hit harder

i thought this was a joke at first...

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[11:54] <Treecko> jcm
[11:54] <Treecko> defend anorith in the thread plz
[11:54] <jcm> n
[11:54] <jcm> i'm just going to get it locked.
[11:54] <jcm> (the thread)
[11:54] <jcm> o wait you can do that
[11:55] <Treecko> I can
[11:55] <jcm> ya do it pls
[11:55] <Treecko> okee

moving to L&O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)