Amoonguss

Alright, so I know the thread is done, but I was curious what others thought of using foul play on Amoongus? I feel it serves him better than the now-weakened HP fire. Foul play lets Amoongus serve as a check/counter to Aegislash, one of the most dangerous pokemon out there. A +2 Aegislash Iron head will deal 60-71% on Amoongus, while foul play EASILY kills. If it tries to setup further, a Foul play to a 252 HP +4 Aegislash-Shield does 82-96%. Scizor at +2 takes more damage from Foul Play than HP Fire (65-77% vs 52-62%.) Espeon is also a common switch in to Amoongus, and takes 50% from foul play. Dragonite at +1 takes 56-66% from Foul Play, and only does 57-68% with fire punch. So Amoongus can put dragonite to sleep, and also finish him off afterwards. Foul play in general is far more likely to do more damage to a switch in than much else he can do. Anyway the list goes on, but I feel Amoongus gets far more use out of Foul play than HP fire, with the nerf to HP and his meager SPA stat.

Set I run:
Amoongus@Black Sludge
248HP/252 Def/8 SDef ; Bold nature (+Def, -Atk) ; 0 Attack IVs (this thing is my answer for Klefki, who does nothing at all with Regenerator)
-Giga Drain
-Stun Spore
-Spore
-Foul Play

Last edited:
just saw this and this is pretty late, but you might want to mention how specially defensive tyranitar forms a great partnership with amoonguss. they both cover each other's weaknesses.

>.>

Anyway, I've also removed mentions of Forretress because it's completely irrelevant and absolute trash in this metagame.

Reactions: trc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)