Alolan Diglett, Dugtrio Discussion

I can see it being the Sand Sweeper of choice in Lower tiers.

Gigalith and/or Hippos best friend. Its biggest strength is that unlike Sand Rush users its not completely reliant on its weather to do damage with its stat spread, this may well be the best Sand Force user in the game, minus its base form (Which has better things to do)

i don't think it'll quite make it in the Upper tiers tho. Its attack is still pretty low, tho its speed isn't bad at all.

Base form is superior, obviously.

Will test in UU sand teams or something, maybe.

I can see it being the Sand Sweeper of choice in Lower tiers.

Gigalith and/or Hippos best friend. Its biggest strength is that unlike Sand Rush users its not completely reliant on its weather to do damage with its stat spread, this may well be the best Sand Force user in the game, minus its base form (Which has better things to do)

i don't think it'll quite make it in the Upper tiers tho. Its attack is still pretty low, tho its speed isn't bad at all.

Base form is superior, obviously.

Will test in UU sand teams or something, maybe.
It'll honestly be outclassed by excadrill in every way for sure, but I think it could still be usable in higher tiers. Definitely would have to remive some threats first though. A little support will go a long way for it.

Unfortunately, if A-Dugtrio retained Arena Trap, there would be literally no reason to use the normal version over the Alolan form. Still, for a unique ability it's pretty piss poor. I suppose Tangling Hair can come in handy in some scenarios. Though still remains a far cry from the usefulness of Arena trap. I'm guessing Game Freak thought A-Dugtrio would be broken. Wouldn't blame them. Dugtrio is going to make a huge splash in OU courtesy of the attack buff it received this gen. Which may result in it getting Suspect tested and possibly banned to ubers. for the simple reason that it technically doesn't have counters. Apart from using Shed Shell. Which is an awkward item to use, since it means losing on a much more practical item and the risk of it being completely useless if the Opponent isn't running Dugtrio.

The Grass Terrain however, is Dugtrio's worst nightmare apart from Shed Shell Pokemon. It's STAB Earthquakes become pathetically weak and renders Dugtrio almost worthless since pretty much any Pokemon can survive Earthquake, even if they are weak to it. If this terrain becomes popular enough. It may not get banned and it's place in OU may be questionable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)