Alola Formes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Ignore that deleted post misread OP rip, but actually look at it and imagine how sick that would be

But anyway

Pokemon: Ponyta
New typing: Fire / Fairy
New abilities: Quick Feet / Flash Fire / Justified
New stats: 50 / 95 (+10) / 55 / 45(-20) / 65 / 100 (+10) --> 410 (+0)
New/removed moves:
Added: (5) Play Rough, Moonlight, Baby-Doll Eyes, Sweet Kiss, Misty Terrain
Removed: (5) Rest, Echoed Voice, Round, Snore, Swagger,
Flavor/Design: Baby Pegasus, something like:

Pokemon: Rapidash
New abilities: Levitate / Flash Fire / Tough Claws
New stats: 65 / 120 (+20) / 70 / 50(-30) / 70 (-10) / 125 (+20) --> 500(+0)
New/removed moves:
Added: (10) Play Rough, Moonlight, Baby-Doll Eyes, Sweet Kiss, Misty Terrain, Acrobatics, Roost, Defog, Brave Bird, Blaze Kick
Removed: (7) Rest, Echoed Voice, Round, Snore, Swagger, Poison Jab, Fury Attack
Flavor/Design: Fire Pegasus. Something like:

So its just a badass Pegasus that is finally fast as Rapidash should be. And when you're getting hit by a Pegasus flying fast on contact, that would have to hurt like hell right? Thus tough claws. As a pegasus, it gets fairy typing and access to fairy moves. As it has wings, it also gets access to flying type moves.
I suppose if you're adding a type like in this scenario you shouldn't have to remove any moves. It's not plausible for Ponyta and Rapidash to NOT know Rest when 99% of all Pokemon can learn it.

EV

Banned deucer.
I gotta ask, Does the new moves have to be from the new type? And in the same logic, does the removed moves have to be from the old type?
Use your judgment. Should a non-Dragon Dragonite learn Draco Meteor? No. What about Dragon Dance? There's precedent for non-Dragons learning that, so maybe. Should it still know Roost even if you don't remove Flying? Again, maybe.

Pokemon: Entei
New typing: Rock
New abilities: Sturdy / Rock Head (Hidden)
New stats: 115 / 115 / 85 / 90 / 75 / 100 (BST 580) --- +15 / +30 / -15 / -15 / +15 / -30 ---> 130 / 145 / 60 / 75 / 90 / 70 (BST 580)
New/removed moves: Removed moves: Ember, Fire Blast, Fire Fang, Fire Spin, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Incinerate, Overheat, Sacred Fire, Will-O-Wisp (11)
Added moves: Head Smash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Stealth Rock, Ancientpower, Wild Charge(By tutor) (10)
Flavor/Design: Entei is the guardian of the beaches and rocky moutains of Aloha (or whatever the region is called). It's rock type lets it move with ease within this habitat. This Entei is strong and sturdy like the mountains it guards. It's body is covered with rocks, and its fur / skin is a sandy coat... or is it actually sand? Try touching it to see. Oh wait you can't this is a simulator. When it sees a threat to its territory it charges in with great momentum.

I wasn't sure if the three dogs were considered an "evolutionary line" but I figured their flavor should be similar, have the same base stats (like they do now, different distributions of the same stats) so here i go. Also no similar typing cuz monotype.

Pokemon: Suicune
New typing: Grass
New abilities: Leaf Guard / Solar Power (Hidden)
New stats: 100 / 75 / 115 / 90 / 115 / 85 (BST 580) --- -30 / +15 / +15 / -15 / +30 / -15 ---> 70 / 90 / 130 / 75 / 145 / 60 (BST 580)
New/removed moves: Removed moves: Aqua Ring, Brine, Bubble Beam, Dive, Hydro Pump, Scald, Surf, Water Pulse, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Aurora Beam, Avalanche, Blizzard, Hail, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Icy Wind, Sheer Cold, Air Slash, Tailwind, Gust (21)
Added moves: Giga Drain, Razor Leaf, Absorb, Bullet Seed, Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Weather Ball, Heat Wave, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Synthesis, Mega Drain, Seed Bomb, Growth, Grasswhistle, Wood Hammer, Ingrain (17)
Flavor/Design: Suicune is the guardian of the plant-life of the Alomomola islands. Its body is so covered with vines that its impossible to make out what it looks like... no wait that's Tangela. Suicune has a large leafy maney beardy thing. Much of its body is entwined with springy but strong branches that act as a protective cage without restricting movement too much.

Pokemon: Raichu Raikou
New typing: Ghost
New abilities: Cursed Body / Infiltrator (Hidden)
New stats: 90 / 85 / 75 / 115 / 100 / 115 --- ---> 75/60/90/130/70/145
New/removed moves: Moves removed: Charge Beam, Discharge, Magnet Rise, Shock Wave, Spark, Thunder, Thunder Fang, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Zap Cannon, Weather Ball, Extremespeed, Bulldoze (15)
Added Moves: Phantom Force, Ominous Wind, Night Shade, Hex, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Lick, Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Perish Song, Yawn (12)
Flavor/Design: Raikou is the guardian of humanity on the islands. It is said that Raikou watches over the dying and shepherds them into the next world. It is also a popular that the dead of Albatross become one with Raikou, watching over the residents of the islands forever. It is celebrated as a protector, rather than feared as a killer, as it is thought to protect from the suffering of death. Raikou is the color of the night, not black, but dark greyish. It is covered is a fur that looks like its thundercloud somewhat, and moves silently. It is capable of invisibility, so sightings are very rare.

PS autocorrect wants Raikou to be Raoul so please read that instead.
At first I wasn't sure whether the Alola formes of this legendary trio should be done by one person or three, because the base forms have the same stats, just in different arrangements. However, EG made the point that while Thundurus and Tornadus share exactly the same stats, their Therian formes are totally different, so I'm over the legendary dogs' Alola formes sharing stats with each other. Sorry, but you'll have to pick your favorite one here and scrap the other two.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
At first I wasn't sure whether the Alola formes of this legendary trio should be done by one person or three, because the base forms have the same stats, just in different arrangements. However, EG made the point that while Thundurus and Tornadus share exactly the same stats, their Therian formes are totally different, so I'm over the legendary dogs' Alola formes sharing stats with each other. Sorry, but you'll have to pick your favorite one here and scrap the other two.
Well shoot. I guess I'll choose Raoul then. For flavor. I like Entei's stats better.

Pokemon: Yanma-A
New typing: Electric/Ice
New abilities: Compound Eyes, Frisk Levitate, Speed Boost Prankster
New stats: 65/45 (-20)/40 (-5)/100 (+25)/40 (-5)/100 (+5)
New/removed moves:-
Removed: Detect, Facade, Leech Life, Steel Wing, Reversal, Foresight, Attract (Total: 7)
Added: Blizzard, Thunder, Discharge, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Electrify, Glare, Freeze-Dry, Frost Breath, Volt Switch, Power Gem, Earth Power, Quiver Dance, Spore (Total: 14)
Flavor/Design: Yanma-A's colour scheme switches to electric blue, and its wings are changed to seem almost like forcefields. Its large goggle-looking eyes are now a very pale grey, as are its legs. Its body is also rather different, forming the shape of a stereotypical lightning bolt. In the Alola region, they are revered as the protectors of children, and they are often seen to herd lost children safely down from their mountain homes. When they swarm they tend to head for city skylines, since they're the most full of light; the night sky is lit up by their bright blue glow, and the cities often hold street parties in the Yanma's honour.

Pokemon: Yanmega-A
New typing: Electric/Ice
New abilities: Frisk Levitate, Speed Boost Prankster, Tinted Lens Adaptability
New stats: 98 (+12)/46 (-30)/70 (-16)/116/70 (+14)/115 (+20)
New/removed moves:
Removed: Detect, Facade, Leech Life, Steel Wing, Reversal, Foresight, Attract, Mimic (Total: 8)
Added: Blizzard, Thunder, Discharge, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Electrify, Glare, Freeze-Dry, Frost Breath, Volt Switch, Power Gem, Earth Power, Aura Sphere, Trick, Quiver Dance, Spore (Total: 16)
Flavor/Design: While the normal Yanmega's form goes darker when it evolves, Yanmega-A grows brighter, its electric blue body glowing with power and its forcefield-wings holding it aloft with sparks dancing between them. Its eyes and the markings on its body are a pale silver rather than red, and those markings have adopted the shape of stylized lightning bolts. Its body is streamlined for flight and its prominent spikes are now swept back, rather like the dorsal fins of sharks. Yanmega-A are far more active than their prevolution, actively hunting down those who would harm children and corralling them. As such, they are a popular choice of partner for police officers, who trust their honourable nature and appreciate their battling prowess.

===

If anyone's willing to do art for this, please PM me, I'd love to hear from you. I wanted to do a very offensive Pokémon, and STAB Adaptability BoltBeam off 116 SpA is certainly that. Also, I wonder if Yanma-A's gonna show up in PU... =]

===

Pokemon: Krabby-A
New typing: Rock/Psychic
New abilities: Hyper Cutter Leaf Guard, Shell Armour Fur Coat, Sheer Force Unaware (HA)
New stats: 60 (+30)/105/75 (-15)/10 (-15)/55 (+30)/20 (-30)
Removed Moves: Stomp, Whirlpool, Round, Captivate, Flail, Bubble Beam, Leer, Swagger (8)
Added Moves: Cosmic Power, Aromatherapy, Diamond Storm, Zen Headbutt, Acupressure, Acid, Dual Chop, Sleep Powder, Cross Chop, Miracle Eye, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Petal Blizzard, Nature Power (15)
Flavor/Design: Based on the teddy bear crab, which is adorable and fluffy and cute, Krabby-A is a very sturdy physical wall that can also function as a non-terrible Life Orb sweeper. In Alola, Krabby are seen kind of similarly to hippies, living in rural areas far from the sea in large colonies or ashrams. They spend a lot of their time communing with nature and harvesting the local grasses for reasons... best known to themselves.They also pick flowers and enjoy garlanding each other with them. Though they are gentle, rather simple creatures, they are not unwilling to attack should their peace be under threat by the intrusion of predators or the man, maaaaaan.

Pokemon: Kingler-A
New typing: Rock/Psychic
New abilities: Hyper Cutter Leaf Guard, Shell Armour Fur Coat, Sheer Force Simple
New stats: 85 (+30)/130/115/25 (-30)/80 (+30)/45 (-30)
Removed Moves: Stomp, Whirlpool, Round, Captivate, Flail, Leer, Bubble Beam, Swagger (8)
Added Moves: Cosmic Power, Aromatherapy, Diamond Storm, Zen Headbutt, Acupressure, Acid, Dual Chop, Sleep Powder, Cross Chop, Miracle Eye, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Petal Blizzard, Nature Power, Growth (16)
Flavor/Design: Now, this is a highly unusual Pokémon in terms of strategy. Rock as a typing is not commonly noted for its defensive prowess, but with access to Cosmic Power + Simple and a defensive statline of 85/115/80, you can become a horrendous wall to deal with. Fur Coat + Iron Defence can also make it an excellent physical wall, though one does then run the risk of having a Grass Knot sweeper come in and ruin your day. There's also potential. Kingler-A's place in Alolan folklore is that of a guardian of nature, though immensely friendly (and just plain immense) towards humans who live selfless lives - something it has an uncanny knack of determining. Kingler tend to be the centrepiece of Krabby ashrams, and the Krabby will weave elegant and elaborate patterns of grass and flowers into the Kingler's thick, shaggy fur.

===

Anyone wanting to do art for these guys is also welcome. =]

EDIT: Apparently it's only one entry per slate. Huh. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: EV
Pokemon: Cloyster
New typing: Water
New abilities: Rain Dish / Skill Link (Chlorophyll)
New stats: 60(+10)/75(-20)/160(-20)/85/85(+40)/60(-10)
New/removed moves:
Removed: Blizzard, Icicle Spear, Icicle Crash, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath, Avalanche, Hail (7)
Added: Bullet Seed, Synthesis, Solar Beam, Energy Ball, Sunny Day, Weather Ball, Scald(7)
Flavor/Design: I can easily imagine a tropical oyster ingesting lots of phytoplankton and algae. That Ice type needs to go, since it'd overheat in the tropics. No grass type, though, as it truly isn't a plant, more like it has a symbiotic relationship with plants. Bullet Seed is a substitute for Icicle Spear, while Synthesis, Solar Beam, and Energy Ball are Grass moves that fit well with the concept. Sunny Day is an extremely common move and Cloyster probably didn't get it because it would conflict with its now removed Ice type. Weather Ball is because of the volatile weather in the tropics, while Scald is now a no-brainer thanks to the removed Ice typing.
Rain Dish and Chlorophyll tie in with the whole volatile-weather thing, and with the increased energy of phytoplankton and algae thanks to the sun, Cloyster will gain an energy boost from the plankton it ingests. I removed a lot of Ice moves thanks to the abscence of the Ice typing, but kept Ice Beam because it's extremely common on Water types.

So what does Cloyster do? It's a fairly bulky pivot that can spread burns well with Scald. It can try to sweep with a mixed or special set utilizing Hydro Pump and Bullet Seed. But more importantly, it is extremely great with hazard control. Now having recovery and lacking a stealth rock weakness, it can act as an effective Spinner, the best one Sun teams have to offer. It is a Water-type that works extremely well with Charizard Y, which is also great. It can even check Charizard X due to its large physical bulk, even uninvested, and Toxic it or set up Spikes.

Pokemon: Shellder
New typing: Water
New abilities: Rain Dish / Skill Link (Water Veil)
New stats: 35(+5)/45(-20)/85(-15)/45/55(+30)/40
New/removed moves:
Removed: Blizzard, Icicle Spear, Aurora Beam, Avalanche, Hail (5)
Added: Bullet Seed, Sunny Day, Synthesis, Scald(4)

Flavor/Design: Exactly the same changes that were applied to Cloyster can be applied to Shellder. However, with Shellder, I leaned more towards the bulkier aspect of the spectrum. 35/85/55 is good in LC for a Hazard control 'mon. Water Veil is a cool ability that I gave because I didn't want Shellder to have Chlorophyll.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I think it's a little weird to call this Pet Mod "Alola Formes". The idea of "certain Pokemon thriving in Alola" is related to the Pokemon adapting to Alola's routes. Problem is, we know almost nothing about Alola's routes, and the Forms end up bland, disconnect or unsuitable to any known part or lore of Alola. No offense to the people who submitted stuff, I'd say you're all pretty creative for making forms with little to no information about the routes they're living in.

If I may suggest something, it would be better to change the name to something along the lines of "Subspecies Formes", and instead of just working with the mostly unknown tropical region, using all 7 main Pokemon regions and their countless routes. Each Pokemon would be more interesting and flavorful, and the Flavor part would include a route. So for example, The Reptile's Poison/Electric Shellder would be Unovian from the Virbank Complex, an industrial area with pollution and electricity. Squawkerz's Water/Fairy Dragonite would be Kalosian, since Fairy type is associated with the region, and the specific route could be fishing in the Parfum Palace. You get the idea.

Maybe it's just a nitpick, the only part that changes at all when submitting is Flavor. However, I think it would be more flavorful to either do that or wait for us to get information about the routes.

I think it's a little weird to call this Pet Mod "Alola Formes". The idea of "certain Pokemon thriving in Alola" is related to the Pokemon adapting to Alola's routes. Problem is, we know almost nothing about Alola's routes, and the Forms end up bland, disconnect or unsuitable to any known part or lore of Alola. No offense to the people who submitted stuff, I'd say you're all pretty creative for making forms with little to no information about the routes they're living in.

If I may suggest something, it would be better to change the name to something along the lines of "Subspecies Formes", and instead of just working with the mostly unknown tropical region, using all 7 main Pokemon regions and their countless routes. Each Pokemon would be more interesting and flavorful, and the Flavor part would include a route. So for example, The Reptile's Poison/Electric Shellder would be Unovian from the Virbank Complex, an industrial area with pollution and electricity. Squawkerz's Water/Fairy Dragonite would be Kalosian, since Fairy type is associated with the region, and the specific route could be fishing in the Parfum Palace. You get the idea.

Maybe it's just a nitpick, the only part that changes at all when submitting is Flavor. However, I think it would be more flavorful to either do that or wait for us to get information about the routes.

Now that you mention it, this is a point. I'm submitting a Golem that absorbed energy from the cave it was living in because I was thinking about Chargestone Cave in Unova. For all I know, Alola could have nothing like this, which means we're just assuming the environment of Alola is suitable for these kinds of Pokemon, even though guessing is really all it is. I'm going to edit my submission this instant and include the area my Pokemon are native to.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
No submissions for Entei yet hm...

Pokemon
: Entei
New typing: Fairy
New abilities: Serene Grace/Illusion
New stats: 115/115/75/85/100/90 (0/0/-10/-5/+25/-10)
New moves: Play Rough, Fairy Wind, Disarming Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Misty Terrain, Moonlight, Charm, Wish, Light Screen, Zen Headbutt (11)
Removed moves: Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Lava Plume, Fire Blast, Eruption, Flame Charge, Overheat, Incinerate, Heat Wave (11)
Flavor: Instead of taking refuge in the Burned Tower and roaming though Johto unleashing its sheer power, Entei settles in the Bell Tower, a place of high sanctity to the people of Johto, and roams around granting wishes and bringing happiness mystically, like its rainbow-colored bird master. Illusion is a reference to Movie 3 Entei, but it's also related to Entei appearing and disappearing very fast as it travels Johto, almost as if you're encountering an illusion and the real thing is in the opposite side of the region.
Design: It becomes sly, thinner, loses some fur and gets a wine and pink hue instead of brown and red hue. The spikes on its back become rainbow-colored.

Pokemon: Geodude
New typing: Steel / Flying
New abilities: Heavy Metal / Illuminate / Aerilate (Hidden)
New stats: 50 (+10) / 70 (-10) / 90 (-10) / 30 / 50 (+20) / 10 (-10)
New/removed moves:
  • Removed Moves (13 total): Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rollout, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Blast, Smack Down, Stealth Rock, Dig, Ancient Power, Mud-Slap, Earth Power, Nature Power
  • New Moves (10 total): Metal Sound, Flash Cannon, Magnet Bomb, Metal Burst, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Fly, Magnet Rise, Magnetic Flux
Flavor/Design: Geodude in the Alola region are bulky, metalline creatures with limited flight capabilities, although their generally lackluster aerodynamics and cumbersome weight causes them to frequently fall mid-flight. Popular folklore states that this species is descended from Geodude that were launched into outer space by an immensely powerful Rhyperior. Alola Geodude's rocky core is enveloped in a shell of magnetic metal alloys, which increases its mass and size, by a considerable margin, and its arms have discorporated into a trail of loose metal, rocks, and dust ending in spherical hands and stubby fingers. It hungers for metals and will pursue travelers who display such items.

Pokemon: Graveler
New abilities: Heavy Metal / Illuminate / Aerilate (Hidden)
New stats: 65 (+10) / 85 (-10) / 105 (-10) / 30 / 75 (+30) / 15 (-20)
New/removed moves:
  • Removed Moves (13 total): Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rollout, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rock Blast, Smack Down, Stealth Rock, Dig, Ancient Power, Mud-Slap, Earth Power, Nature Power
  • New Moves (10 total): Metal Sound, Flash Cannon, Magnet Bomb, Metal Burst, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Fly, Magnet Rise, Magnetic Flux
Flavor/Design: Alola Graveler is a large, reflective mass of metal that is orbited by chunks of metal and trailed by ice and dust; four hand-like structures are present. Its aerial prowess is still far from perfect, but is improved enough to allow this territorial creature to patrol its chosen residence by floating across mountain peaks and attack perceived intruders by dropping upon them.

Pokemon: Golem
New abilities: Heavy Metal / Heatproof / Aerilate (Hidden)
New stats: 95 (+10) / 110 (-10) / 120 (-10) / 55 / 95 (+30) / 25 (-20)
New/removed moves:

• New Moves (13 total): Metal Sound, Flash Cannon, Magnet Bomb, Metal Burst, Metal Claw, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Fly, Magnet Rise, Magnetic Flux, Gravity, Heat Crash, Flare Blitz
Flavor/Design: Grown to Brobdingnagian proportions from the assimilation of metals, Alola Golem is a monstrous orb of multifaceted metal, a reptilian head protruding from its core. It is surrounded by a cloud of fine dust, ice, and other particles that allow it to survive atmospheric re-entry. Two smaller spheres, each equipped with four metal claws, orbit its form. Its flight capabilities allow for sustained, omnidirectional movement at high speed, which it utilizes to ascend to dizzying altitudes and plummet toward interloping entities.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If aPokemon can get an Alolan forme from eating fluffly round pancakes anything is possible. And besides, its rude to crush creative juices.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
If a Pokemon can get an Alolan forme from eating fluffly round pancakes anything is possible. And besides, its rude to crush creative juices.
Instead of having creative ideas for one region, people would be able to have them for seven regions. I don't see it as "crushing creative juices" at all.

Well, the deadline has come and gone, but I'm sad to say that we can't move on to the next slate because there is still an evolutionary line without any completed submissions. Technically, the only line without any at all is the Oddish line, which has submissions by G-Luke and Miyami~~, and we could just take one without a Bellossom forme, but since you both expressed interest in making one, this is your chance. As long as the deadline is being extended, The Reptile and S0L1D G0LD, please take the time to finish your submissions as well, because otherwise it just goes to Anna by default. And finally, Dilasc and LordBraixen, please revise your submissions, specifically the added moves. A Pokemon based on a Deathclaw should at least know Sand Attack, and quite a few other less-than-competitive moves instead of things like Meteor Mash and Blaze Kick. As for the Kingler, you've added more moves than you removed, and quite a few of them are out of place, so I've decided to just go over each move individually and explain why I think it can stay/should go.
Mach Punch: From your description of the fists "popping" out of Kingler's claws, a swift jab like Mach Punch makes sense, so it can stay.
Cross Chop: I can definitely envision Kingler slashing its claws in an "X" shape, and frankly I'd be fine if Kingler knew this normally, so it
can stay.
Shell Smash: Kingler's got a shell, so thematically it makes sense, but there's no way we're allowing Simple Shell Smash. If you change Simple to something like Rivalry, Shell Smash
can stay. Otherwise, it should go. Honestly, Shell Smash is probably still broken, even without Simple, so there's a high chance this Alola Forme could be banned to "Ubers" if it's accepted. If you want people to be able to use it, I would think long and hard about whether or not your submission is OP.
Drain Punch: For the same reason I'm okay with a crab learning Mach Punch, I'm not okay with it learning Drain Punch. From its in-game animations, Drain Punch seems to require extended contact in order to successfully drain the target's energy, and this Alolan Kingler appears to only be capable of quick jabs, so it wouldn't be able to hold the punch long enough. It
should go.
Superpower: Kingler already learns this, so it
can stay. (This doesn't count towards your added moves.)
Stone Edge:
Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch: It's Fighting/Normal, and I'm not as trolly as Game Freak, so these three
can stay.
Play Rough: If Skrelp didn't learn Play Rough, I'd be able to say that no Water types other than Marill and Azumarill learned Play Rough, but I guess even poisonous sea-horses can learn it, so it
can stay.
Baton Pass: This is the other problem with Shell Smash and Simple. You can
keep one of the three.
Shadow Sneak: There's nothing shadowy or sneaky about a Fighting/Normal crab; this
should go.
Karate Chop: Like Cross Chop, Kingler doesn't even need fists to do this, so it
can stay.
Mega Punch: Although this Alola Forme is a Normal Type with an emphasis on punching, I'm afraid Mega Punch falls into the same camp as Drain Punch; it's simply too much of a punch. It
should go.
Arm Thrust: A flurry of quick, small punches is perfect for Alolan Kingler's fast fists. This
can stay.
Poison Jab: See Arm Thrust.
U-Turn: This is more of a full body attack, and this Kingler learning it just doesn't make sense to me, so it
should go.
Quick Attack: See U-Turn.
Now, as you may have already noticed, this brings Kingler down to just 9 added moves, or 10 if you decide to get rid of Simple in favor of either Shell Smash or Baton Pass. I'd suggest keeping Agility, Ally Switch, and Dig, and then adding Comet Punch, since it's basically just a Normal type Arm Thrust.

Oh, also, here's a list of the current submissions, in case anyone else wanted to submit something new and wanted to know what they should submit:
Geodude Line: ParadoxEngine (Rock/Ghost), Vanillish Wafer (Psychic/Steel), P2X7 (Steel/Flying)
Krabby Line: Dilasc (Fighting/Normal)
Ponyta Line: Stitch98 (Water/Rock), LaxLapras (Fire/Fairy)
Oddish Line: G-Luke (Fire/Ghost), Miyami~~ (Grass)
Shellder Line: The Reptile (Poison/Electric), S0L1D G0LD (Water/Ground), HeadsILoseTailsYouWin (Water)
Yanma Line: colourcodedchaos (Electric/Ice)
Dratini Line: LordBraixen (Ground/Fighting), Angry2 (Poison/Fire), Squawkerz (Water/Fairy)
Raikou: The Ruins of Alpha (Ghost)
Entei: the someone (Fairy)
Suicune: bp scrube (Flying)

Last edited:
Ignore that deleted post misread OP rip, but actually look at it and imagine how sick that would be

But anyway

Pokemon: Ponyta
New abilities: Quick Feet / Flash Fire / Justified
New stats: 50 / 95 (+10) / 55 / 45(-20) / 65 / 100 (+10) --> 410 (+0)
New/removed moves:
Added: (5) Play Rough, Moonlight, Baby-Doll Eyes, Sweet Kiss, Misty Terrain
Removed: (1) Swagger
Flavor/Design: Baby Pegasus, something like:

Pokemon: Rapidash
New abilities: Levitate / Flash Fire / Tough Claws
New stats: 65 / 120 (+20) / 70 / 50(-30) / 70 (-10) / 125 (+20) --> 500(+0)
New/removed moves:
Added: (10) Play Rough, Moonlight, Baby-Doll Eyes, Sweet Kiss, Misty Terrain, Acrobatics, Roost, Defog, Brave Bird, Blaze Kick
Removed: (3) Swagger, Poison Jab, Fury Attack
Flavor/Design: Fire Pegasus. Something like:

So its just a badass Pegasus that is finally fast as Rapidash should be. And when you're getting hit by a Pegasus flying fast on contact, that would have to hurt like hell right? Thus tough claws. As a pegasus, it gets fairy typing and access to fairy moves. As it has wings, it also gets access to flying type moves.
I am not sure, but I think that you can get new moves equal to double the amount of removed moves, So the Ponyta would have only 2 new moves and the Rapidash would have 6, Someone correct me if I am wrong

I am not sure, but I think that you can get new moves equal to double the amount of removed moves, So the Ponyta would have only 2 new moves and the Rapidash would have 6, Someone correct me if I am wrong
If you're taking a single-typed Pokemon and just adding a secondary type, you can add up to 10 free moves without removing any. It wasn't in the submission guidelines before, but it is now.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No submissions for Entei yet hm...
Pokemon: Entei
New typing: Fairy
New abilities: Serene Grace/Illusion
New stats: 115/115/75/85/100/90 (0/0/-10/-5/+25/-10)
New moves: Play Rough, Fairy Wind, Disarming Voice, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Misty Terrain, Moonlight, Charm, Wish, Light Screen, Zen Headbutt (11)
Removed moves: Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Lava Plume, Fire Blast, Eruption, Flame Charge, Overheat, Incinerate, Heat Wave (11)
Flavor: Instead of taking refuge in the Burned Tower and roaming though Johto unleashing its sheer power, Entei settles in the Bell Tower, a place of high sanctity to the people of Johto, and roams around granting wishes and bringing happiness mystically, like its rainbow-colored bird master. Illusion is a reference to Movie 3 Entei, but it's also related to Entei appearing and disappearing very fast as it travels Johto, almost as if you're encountering an illusion and the real thing is in the opposite side of the region.
Design: It becomes sly, thinner, loses some fur and gets a wine and pink hue instead of brown and red hue. The spikes on its back become rainbow-colored.
Wouldnt Sacred Fire also require booting if it loses the Fire type? Ik Serene Grace Sacred Fire was the thing you wanted but

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Wouldnt Sacred Fire also require booting if it loses the Fire type? Ik Serene Grace Sacred Fire was the thing you wanted but
Maybe? It is a mystical/magical blue flame, I thought it would fit a mystical/magical Pokemon like that (like how Xerneas learns Aurora Beam just because it's a magical rainbow-colored beam), and also fits because Ho-oh is their trio master. But I assume it may be a bit of a stretch due to Sacred Fire's very high power.

Pokemon: Oddish
New Typing: Fire / Ghost
New Abilities: Flame Body / Flash Fire (Aftermath)
New Stats: 45 / 70(+10) / 30(-25) / 85(+10) / 40(- 25) / 60(+30)
New / Removed Moves: Absorb, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grassy Terrain, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Razor Leaf, Seed Bomb, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Synthesis, Worry Seed, Acid, Gastro Acid, Poison Powder, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Moonlight (-22)

Ember, Flame Burst, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Eruption, Flame Charge, Will O Wisp, Lava Plume, Inferno, Incinerate, Heat Wave, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Shadow Ball, Hex, Destiny Bond, Spite, Shadow Sneak, Phamtom Force(+20 +19)
Flavour / Design: Oddish used to be found abundantly in Alolan rainforests until several cataclysmic volcanic eruptions destroyed the forests, leaving Oddish with no home. But the ashes of the burnt trees proved very nutritious, so the Oddish hung around forest fires and volcanic eruptions until they adapted to the surroundings. The grass on its head is replaced by a red-orange bonfire and its colour turns into a deep burgundary.

View attachment 67300
Pokemon: Gloom
New Abilities: Flame Body / Flash Fire (Aftermath)
New Stats: 60 / 70 (+5) / 40 (-30) / 105 (+20) / 50 (-25) / 70 (+30)
New / Removed Moves: Absorb, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grassy Terrain, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Razor Leaf, Seed Bomb, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Synthesis, Worry Seed, Acid, Gastro Acid, Poison Powder, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Moonlight (-22)

Ember, Flame Burst, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Eruption, Flame Charge, Will O Wisp, Lava Plume, Inferno, Fire Punch, Incinerate, Heat Wave, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Hex, Shadow Ball, Phamtom Force, Curse, Spite, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond (+22)
Flavour / Design: Alolan Gloom evolve from Alolan Oddish and have different features from their Kanto hailing counterparts. The droolsap is replaced by molten lava that drips from Gloom's mouth. The molting petals of Gloom are replaced by orange flames and the budding flower is replaced by black coals formed from the torched remains of grass types lost in Forest Fires. Alolan Gloom collect these remains and use them in bonfire rituals to worship and honour the dead grass types.

View attachment 67299
Pokemon: Vileplume
New Abilities: Cursed Body / Flash Fire (Aftermath)
New Stats: 75 / 80 / 55 (-30) / 130 (+20) / 70(-20) / 80 (+30)
New / Removed Moves:
Absorb, Aromatherapy, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grassy Terrain, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Razor Leaf, Seed Bomb, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Synthesis, Worry Seed, Acid, Gastro Acid, Poison Powder, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Moonlight (-22 -23)

Ember, Flame Burst, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Eruption, Flame Charge, Will O Wisp, Lava Plume, Inferno, Fire Punch, Incinerate, Heat Wave, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Hex, Shadow Ball, Phamntom Force, Curse, Spite, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond (+22 +23)
Flavour / Design: Alolan Vileplume have a burgundary body, with the coals on its head forming a miniature volcano. Vileplume studies the physiology of the volcanoes it lives near and can predict whenever a volcano is about to erupt. It, however, summons eruptions whenever either Pokemon or people disturb its sacred bonfire rituals, so it is both revered and feared amoung the Alolan local.

View attachment 67298
Pokemon: Bellossom
New Typing: Fire / Fairy
New Abilities: Serene Grace / Flash Fire (Dancer)
New Stats: 75 / 60 (-20) / 105 (+10) / 100 (+10) / 90 (-10) / 60 (+10)
New / Removed Moves:
Absorb, Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grassy Terrain, Ingrain, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf, Mega Drain, Petal Dance, Razor Leaf, Seed Bomb, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Synthesis, Worry Seed, Acid, Gastro Acid, Poison Powder, Sludge Bomb, Uproar, Venoshock, Moonlight (-22 26)

Ember, Flame Burst, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Eruption, Flame Charge, Will O Wisp, Lava Plume, Inferno, Fire Punch, Incinerate, Heat Wave, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Hex, Shadow Ball, Curse, Spite, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond, Fiery Dance, Play Rough, Sword Dance, Disarming Voice, Quiver Dance (+21 +26)
Flavour / Description: If an Alolan Gloom is has long term exposure to the intense tropical rays of the Alolan sun, chemical reactions within its body catalyze its evolution into Alolan Bellossom. Alolan Bellossom have flaming grass skirts with a flaming ponytail. A bright red and slight pink colour scheme shows on Bellossom. Alolan Bellossom has moved past the deaths in forest fires and eruptions, and instead performs dancing rituals to celebrate the new life generated by them.
You've got some great ideas here, but I have a few nit-picks. Mainly, all Pokemon must be capable of learning any move that their pre-evolution could, so Gloom and Vileplume must learn Hex, because Oddish does. This would bring the two of them over budget for added moves, so you'll need a way to fix that. The real issue is Bellossom: it has to be able to learn every move that Gloom can, and that would bring it all the way up to 27 added moves (28 with Hex). Luckily, you can bring this down to 26 (or 27) by removing Swords Dance from the list of added moves, since Bellossom could already learn that. From there, you can add Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, and Magical Leaf to the list of moves removed, since those are all Grass type moves that Bellossom learns which Vileplume doesn't. This leaves you at 25 moves removed and 26 (27) moves added. The final fix would be either to remove Phantom Force from Oddish and Gloom (which lets you keep Hex, nice!), but leave it on Vileplume, or remove Uproar from Bellossom, which is its only other exclusive move. I recommend the former, but you could do both if you decide to keep Hex by removing Aromatherapy from Vileplume. I've taken the liberty of making these changes in red in the quote above, so that should be a lot easier to refer to. I also took the liberty of fixing a few minor spelling errors. Of course, any way you can think of to make this work is fine; don't feel obligated to follow my suggestions exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)