(Hurry Up Mama) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Surprisingly useful lead. Fake Out to cancel any Focus Sashes, Close Combat for Tyranitars, Ice Punches for dragons, Gliscor, and anything else that resists fighting but is weak to ice. Knock Off is just for whenever Hariyama can't kill something but can get in a cheap shot. Also serves as a great Tyranitar counter with it's high HP, defensive EVs, and resistance to both of it's STAB attacks.
---

(Alligator Gar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

An odd-looking Scarf Gengar. It has no Trick and has enough EVs to outspeed anything with 95 base speed and a scarf or speed boost. It also outspeeds Azelf leads so that after Hariyama fakes em out, Gengar can come in for the kill. HP Fire is for that rise of Scizors who think Gengar won't cause too much harm to them. It also makes a pretty good Rapid Spin blocker as it can OHKO Forretress. Donphan can't really touch it either. Tentacruel can be troublesome due to it's high Special Defense, and Gengar normally gets 2HKO'd by it's Surfs.
---

(Tauntadon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 74 HP/252 Atk/8 Def/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The nickname is basically to trick people into thinking that Gyarados only has two attacks (it actually works). Anyways, it's basically the standard Gyarados. I'm not too good at making defensive EVs, so that's what I got. Jolly nature and EVs is to outspeed any Jolteon foolish enough to think that one of Gyarados' Dragon Dances aren't good enough. This is at the price of power though, as it can't OHKO Zapdos after a Dragon Dance'd Stone Edge.
---

(Starboy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/180 Spd/76 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Jirachi is the new addition to my team and has been doing wonders for it. Substitute when it'll block something or on a switch then take the opportunity to Calm Mind up. A basic CM/sub pokemon. Psybolt has some pretty decent type coverage and power. The only thing that resists it that can actually trouble it are Celebi and Magnezone. However, both of them can just as easily be set up on, and neither of them like a 6 CM Psychic no matter what their typing says.
---

(METAL BIRD ATTACK!!!) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

This is the basic Skarm with slightly altered EVs. 8 Speed EVs is to outspeed most other Skarms in the Whirlwind contest. Skarm is my physical wall and can easily wall most physical attacks as well as Skymin. When I'm unsure of my opponent's team and I bring in Skarm, the first move will be Whirlwind to scout for Magnezones. Stealth Rock is ever-useful and Brave Bird is really great against anything that's weak to it. The only physical things that Skarm really fears are CB Tyranitar's Stone Edge and Lucario after a Swords Dance.
---

(Happy Happy Joy Joy) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/40 SAtk/216 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower
- Softboiled

Blissey!!! ClericBliss to be exact. Thanks to Aromatherapy, my team doesn't fear majority of status users. Thunder Wave/Flamethrower is an excellent Scizor killer, although it really could use more Special Attack as it can't OHKO Scizor. Thanks to Defense EVs, Blissey can walls many physical attackers as well. Gengar assists Blissey a lot as it can switch into any fighting, ground, or normal attack and give pain in return.
---

Changes Made So Far: Took Bogmire's advice and replaced Gengar's HP fire w/ HP ice, reworked it's EVs (less HP to max Speed), and changed it's nature. Reworked Skarmory's EV spread by reducing Attack and removing Speed to max Defense.

Use timid+max speed on gengar and hp ice>hp fire

hp fire is pointless because CB bullet punch OHKOs gengar anyway. timid+hp ice will allow you to revenge killed once DDed +speed nature Salamence.

max defense on skarmory. there's no need for arbitrary attack EVs. max defense means you can survive 2 CB stone edges from tyranitar and roost stall it. the extra defense also lets you survive +2 close combat from lucario guaranteed (if SR isn't down, but my point is the defense EVs help more than the attack EVs do)

mixape and heatran(with explosion) could cause some trouble,
metagross with agility, thunderpunch, meteor mash, earthquake could possilbly sweep a whole team, a bulky water could help with these

Use timid+max speed on gengar and hp ice>hp fire

hp fire is pointless because CB bullet punch OHKOs gengar anyway. timid+hp ice will allow you to revenge killed once DDed +speed nature Salamence.

max defense on skarmory. there's no need for arbitrary attack EVs. max defense means you can survive 2 CB stone edges from tyranitar and roost stall it. the extra defense also lets you survive +2 close combat from lucario guaranteed (if SR isn't down, but my point is the defense EVs help more than the attack EVs do)
Okay, I'll try out these changes and see how they work.

mixape and heatran(with explosion) could cause some trouble,
metagross with agility, thunderpunch, meteor mash, earthquake could possilbly sweep a whole team, a bulky water could help with these
Which bulky water would you recommend and which one of my Pokemon would I replace for it? My entire team has good synergy already, so is there any bulky water that can completely replace one of my Pokemon?

Changes Made!

Okay, I've tried out my team and I found Gengar's incredible speed very useful for speed-boosting Pokemon that it could not outspeed before, mainly Rain Dance Kingdra. Skarmory is also a lot more sturdy, but it's attack drop is somewhat noticable. I'm leaving the changes for know.

I would like more advice for my team too. I really want it to be the best possible team for me, because once I know it's good enough, I'm going to try get this team in my actual game to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)