Approved Add an argument for limit on choices in /poll createmulti

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Essentially the title, something like /poll createmulti 2|Choose two of the following options|Option 1|Option 2|Option 3|... to limit the number of choices people can pick on a poll would be cool.

I guess once someone has reached the limit of selections, it could lock the other options, or it could display an error message if they try to submit with more than the limit.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
What's the use-case for this? It's certainly feasible but I don't really see the point, honestly.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
What's the use-case for this? It's certainly feasible but I don't really see the point, honestly.
From the top of my head, sometimes one option become the clear winner, but asking "pick your 3 favourites on this" can give you a wider scope on 2nd and 3rd options chosen. Also from stuff like "pick wich teams go to the playoffs" and similar. Having everyone picking the same number of options is good for the representativity

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
From the top of my head, sometimes one option become the clear winner, but asking "pick your 3 favourites on this" can give you a wider scope on 2nd and 3rd options chosen. Also from stuff like "pick wich teams go to the playoffs" and similar. Having everyone picking the same number of options is good for the representativity
Seems reasonable to me. I'll do this in a few days if no one else wants to / no one presents an objection.

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The poll I made that made me think of this was “Choose 2 of these 8 Pokémon to defend you, the other 6 will attack you”

The cases I mostly had in mind were things like scheduling events or picking teams or something where you don’t always have a clear best answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)