ORAS OU A Volbeat Based Team (Currently @ 1400)

Volbeat | Azumarill | Mega Diancie | Forretress | Latias | Ditto
Introduction
So, after trying out PU, I realized how powerful Volbeat can be, but he isn't used to his's potential. Sure, taunt, entry hazards, and fire attacks burning makes it suck, but the boosts really help others out.

The Team

Elthunder (Volbeat) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Baton Pass

What Volbeat really does. Tail glow is a very, VERY powerful support move for either of my special attackers, and either of them can OHKO or send them to very low health within one blow. Thunder wave disables anything that's not immune to it, while Encore stops hazard leads pretty nicely. It's a real great disabler of different mons, and stops setups really well, including other Belly Drummers. So even after losing it's sash, it can help the team in other ways than boosting. Confuse Ray is another option I could take for T. Wave/Encore, but I'm holding off it for right now.

Asken (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
Ah, Azumarill. The Belly Drum potential is already high, and it's the main physical sweeper of my team. In fact it's the ONLY one, minus Ditto. So it has an important role taking out Sp. tanks, minus Clefable. A. Jet is the only priority Azu learns, and it's a good STAB one at that, Play Rough for STAB, and KnOff for coverage. Pretty much the standard BDrum Azu set, really.

DEED (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
The main sweeper in my team. It's bulky pre-mega and type allows it to tank Fire, Flying and Rock attacks, switch into Talonflame, and allow for an easier pass in. When it mega evolves, it gains a huge speed buff that allows it to outspeed much of the competition. Because of how it turns from a tank to a glass (more like weak stone) cannon, it's very useful to take on anything but steel types. Psyshock hits Chansey/Clefable pretty well, Moonblast is best STAB, and EP for coverage. Protect is standard and can scout, and no Diamond Storm since it can be used to bluff Talon out anyways. Most other 'mons have no ability like this, as they either are too powerful (Aegislash), have too much bulk not enough speed, or vice versa, so Diancie fits in well.

IDK (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Hazard control is what Fort's all about, even if it's in UU. It can really tank Scizor's Bullet Punch/Scarf Magnzone. With controlling hazards, comes the ability to prevent Roar/Rock stalls and Volbeat can be used again! Gyro Ball and Volt Switch fit together and give slow/safe switches to another chance to attack.

@ (Latias) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic

The Eon Duo is also fast, somewhat bulky, and fast. I chose the more bulky Latias considering it already has boosts. Levitate is very useful for when an Earthquake can KO Diancie. Even though it gets Tail Glow support, Calm Mind can be useful if Volbeat is OHKO'd early. Roost allows for more stalling situations and recovers from the turn switching in. D. Pulse over D. Metor since it already has enough power and D. Metor doesn't allow as much time to do what it needs to. Psychic is the best in terms of power of it's other STAB moves. M. Diancie can take out Tyranitar just fine if it gets a good switch in (FORRETRESS).

Tier Reflect (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform

Ditto is a very important member for being able to take out threats that my other pokes can't take - like an S. Dance Garchomp without Volbeat/M.Diancie to help. It can also scout movesets very well and threaten any buffs at all. Ditto's fairly predictable considering it needs a scarf to beat others and normally needs to switch as soon as it KO's one mon, but is great for bluffs and using buffs against one another.

Conclusion

There are some choices I have to take in order to optimize Volbeat's potential as a support mon, disabling and buffing greatly. However this team is weak in terms of A. Talonflame does not allow a baton pass, B. My two fast attackers are still in a lower tier than Starmie/Weavile which are threatening from their power and moves , and C. Volbeat has plenty of weaknesses. Considering it's pretty much never used ever, I wonder how good it can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)