A proposal of opportunity

I realize that on this particular site we do not have a league like many other popular pokemon sites. After only two months of serebii's Aspiring Gym Leaders League or AGLL for short, it has the growing popularity that really helped their slow and irritating become more enjoyable for all players. I would like to further the opportunity, for our site, to become even better like all the mods here have done.
I would like to propose a gym league here for Smogon. This would include 10 gyms, an Elite 4, and a single Champion. There would be a requirement for 8 badges to be obtained to enter E-4. These badges would be given upon the completion of a gym. They would be able to be put in a signature, stand-alone or in a trainer card, which can be provided by sites like pokecharms, etc. Also, completing the E-4, and reaching the Champion would also be a ribbon for the card, and further a trophy for the victor over the champion.
Rules:
Gyms- All gyms must be run by a single type with a set of rules and regulations that do not change for anyone to offer fair opportunity. Every gym must have at least one apprentice, and no more than two. When a new gym leader takes over he or she will decide what clauses their gym will or will not use. All gyms will follow the league rules!!! And there will not be more than one- type gym, ie 2 ice gyms.
A better democracy- Once a month the gym will be up for re-application. If a player would like to take over a gym, he or she would need to defeat all of the apprentices then defeat the leader for the position. They must use the same type pokemon the gym uses and must follow the set rules and clauses set by the leader. If not, the player would be ineligible. Now, once a gym has been sucessfully taken over, if the new gym leader would like to change the gyms type, their must be a vote between all of the apprentices and the person to would be elected, ie a mod, or someone who would help run this function, so to make sure it is a fair vote.
E-4- Only the gym leaders may apply for the E-4. Same rules apply. On only one change... if the e-4 position is taken over, the gym leader must use his or her team as from their gym. Ie- Chad comes from ice gym, and has taken over the Second Position of E-4, he must use his ice team until he steps down from that position, or takes on the Champion. The champion must use a competition team of his or her choice.

League Champion
E-4 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
gyms- 10 gyms

Players- All players may have a team of any pokemon, within the league rules. Does not need to be a single type team. However, you may not change your team. Once you have a team built, I would suggest putting the team up for serebii to check it in RMT, then once the team is worked out to your liking, you may enter your team in the Player Team Thread, so to ensure that there will be no switching to gain upper hand. Fair competition is what smogon is all about. No player may take over any position in E-4, unless you are a gym leader, and no one my take over the champion position unless you are e-4.

League rules:
1. No Ubers
2. No Hacking
3. Must use 6v6 or 3v3
4. In order to compete a player must first pick 6 pokemon to use as a team for the entire event. They must be displayed in a Common Thread. On chance of there being a gym who uses the 3v3... you may only chose the three out of the six you've picked.

This would be a positive outlook for our RMT thread, as it would be filled with positive thought and progress of Smogon gym league hopefuls. I would like to here from what everyone thinks and would like to gain as much support for the league, as well as Smogon, as much as possible. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Serebii_Attacker

On a second note: This was put here because it would be appropriate for the League to be put in the stark mountain sub-forums along with war stories, wifi, etc. Once again thank you in advance.

Serebii_attacker

You're a little late to the game, I believe:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29276

This league may be a few pages back, but I'm pretty sure it's still active. Plus, it's a lot more thought-out than this idea. Nice try, though.
How amusing, i was told by a Mod that their was not a league already, this is the reason why I post this. And i just wrote to a second mod about this already, Skarm, who i havnt heard back from him yet.

It's true that there's no OFFICIAL Smogon Gym League, but gym leagues, in general, don't last that long, which is why I think we don't bother with it. I find it interesting that one of the Mods forgot about marrilpet's league, though.

That just proves that gym leagues don't last that long.

If you want to keep pursuing this, though, one thing I can suggest is that you should go into exactly how the battles will be conducted. Is it just on Shoddy Battle? Wi-fi? Both? Will there be a separate league for each medium?

There are a lot of things to consider in organizing a league. marrilpet's league was well-organized; it just didn't gain enough support. Try looking over that league for pointers on structure, rules, etc.

The only thing about his league is that the complications were abundant because of how in depth it is. I am a chef, and from personal experience just because it is fancy and perfect does not make it a good dish, keeping it clean and simple is what serebii has done and it is still running after more than two months. alpha gamma etc, this was just way to much for any one or a few people to watch over. Also, it didnt help that the gym was not put into the sub forums for a better location. The mods are able to help with that. Why should anyone sit and go through the previous pages to find anything? Too difficult. And by the way i do appreciate the constructive criticism you've given me today. Thank you.

How is the other league difficult to understand? The only reason it's not active is from lack of player support; why do you think yours would be better supported?

Its not that its difficult, its just to large, having so many leaders, then the apprentices. Just to much in depth. That is why everyone was interested at first. The truth is they are not interested in the gym league, just the idea, otherwise it would be already off the ground and would be prospering like serebii agll has done. After a week of preparation, the league has been up for two months. Not after 2 months, and it dying out. No offense to anyone, but doesnt the saying go "Keep it simple, stupid".

this is a good idea the other gym league has way to many gyms and takes to long to win the thing and also this gym league is shorter and semieasy to win

I believe that this is a very well thought-out and intelligent way to run a gym. I saw the other gym league and thought it was WAY too large and complicated. It makes no sense to make people have to make 13 different teams just to get a prize and beat the league. Also, if this takes off, i would either like to be a psychic or ghost gym leader. I am currently the psychic and steel gym leader in the AGLL serebii_attacker mentioned and it is doing very well!
Sincerely,
~Jirachi_lover

I do believe in the idea that was presented, however, not the particular gym league that was created. And i dont see why not, Jirachi, just pm me for you details of what you would like to do for you gym and we'll negotiate something out. As for you Charizard, if you would like to also participate then we will also work something out. I am looking for dedicated persons for eligibility. The said person would need to also have at least a little knowledge about Pokemon.

Ok, for the informative state of individuals that are in disbelief. As of now, Serebii's agll "aspiring gym leaders league", there have been more than 25,700 views and 2,700 posts, and still going strong. And it would be up to the mods as was in serebii.net of whether or not the new league would be put in the sub forums.

And your basis for saying that is?
Probably the fact of the previous league is still not open, due to lack of support, and serebii's has been open during the same amount of time and has 5 times as much participation, not to mention that you could sign up tonight and actually start the battles tonight. I think that this is a growing opportunity to capitalize upon.

Ok, for the informative state of individuals that are in disbelief. As of now, Serebii's agll "aspiring gym leaders league", there have been more than 25,700 views and 2,700 posts, and still going strong. And it would be up to the mods as was in serebii.net of whether or not the new league would be put in the sub forums.
here is something that flaws your point...

We're not Serebii.

we did something like this and it's starting to fail, several people have attempted to do it too all resulting in major fail.

Thats what I am saying. We can make it work. If we are to make it work here is what needs to be changed about the situation: A, dont make it so random, ie- all types, uber tiers, uu, bl, baton passers. etc. Smogon league allows the opportunity of the gym leader to decide what he or she wants with their gym, this makes it more personalized, and anything that is personalized will be worth paying the effort that means that it wont just die out. B, We are not serebii, thats the point. How can a second hand community, or site that takes four hours to load, out think this site of intelligent dedicated pokemon players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)