A little confused...

Recently I played a random match (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-257513088) and something that happened confused me. A hippowdon with +2 speed from a baton pass was outsped by a harvest+sitrus exeggutor. I was really confused at the time but after some math it turns out that with +nature exeggutor can get 229 speed, and hippowdon with +2 sits at 228. Fine, I can accept that. But later on in the same battle, the same exeggutor, while paralyzed, outsped a scarf'd avalugg. even at max speed + nature, that exeggutor sits at 57-58 speed while paralyzed, whereas that avalugg, even with minimum speed iv's, sits at 54, which with a scarf should be comfortably at 81.

Turn 3 was the hippowdon example, turn 21 is where avalugg got item switched to the scarf, and turn 35 is the 2nd example. I would just like to understand what actually happened, if someone could help that would be great.

Recently I played a random match (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-257513088) and something that happened confused me. A hippowdon with +2 speed from a baton pass was outsped by a harvest+sitrus exeggutor. I was really confused at the time but after some math it turns out that with +nature exeggutor can get 229 speed, and hippowdon with +2 sits at 228. Fine, I can accept that. But later on in the same battle, the same exeggutor, while paralyzed, outsped a scarf'd avalugg. even at max speed + nature, that exeggutor sits at 57-58 speed while paralyzed, whereas that avalugg, even with minimum speed iv's, sits at 54, which with a scarf should be comfortably at 81.

Turn 3 was the hippowdon example, turn 21 is where avalugg got item switched to the scarf, and turn 35 is the 2nd example. I would just like to understand what actually happened, if someone could help that would be great.
He must have used Avalanche or Roar. Those moves have -4 priority and hit after any other regular attack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)