A Good Team, Not a Great Team

Hey there Smogon! I've put this off for way too long! Much like Gen 4, I made a team of mixed and mashed poke's and it did fairly decent. This one needs some more refining though. I'm open to any changes, so let's get started all ready.

First look:

Sadly, I name them inappropriate things, so I'll have to keep them to myself.

Lead

Aggron
Ability: Study Item: Custap Berry
Nature: Lonely
-Stealth Rock
-Metal Burst
-Endeavor
-Dragon Claw
252 Atk/ 252 Speed

That's right, I still use a lead. That's right, this guy is the best in the game at setting up rocks and killing their lead and another pokemon. Stealth Rock is pretty obvious. Metal Burst is in case he's still at full HP late game or someone taunts. Endeavor once I'm at 1 HP. Dragon Claw to deal good coverage and pick off Endeavor'd pokes.

Physical Wall

Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Spikes
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Def (0 Spe IV)

Before this guy was revealed, I thought to myself, "Gee, a Grass Steel type pokemon would be a great defensive pokemon." Obviously all of Smogon agrees. Ferrothorn is ridiculus, I've live Fire Punches and Fangs. And Iron Barbs has helped me stall kill so many LO'd threats it is ridiculus. Leech Seed helps Ferro recover up to full health FAST and can help me in Stall wars. Gyro Ball gets STAB and hits many things ridiculusly hard. Power Whip is also STAB'd and can do a hefty amount of damage. Spikes is nice if I ever get the chance, but that's rare.

Special Wall

Jellicent
Ability: Water Absorb Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
-Will o Wisp
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Recover
252 HP/ 4 Sp Atk/ 252 SpDef

Enter the other half of the 5th Gen SkarmBliss, FerroCent... err JelliThorn... working on the name, but they still are close to the best at what they do. They both resist the other's weakness, which may lead to Ferrothorn taking some T-Bolts, or Jellicent taking a Fire Punch. Will o Wisp is so I can burn Vaporeon and I don't have to worry about the 30% Burn rate of Scald, just the 25% miss rate of WoW. Surf gets STAB and hits some common things for decent damage. Shadow Ball is also STAB'd, has good coverage and has a very useful hax in stall wars with things like Regice and Tentacruel. Recover allow me to keep on wallin'.

Revenge Killer

Chandelure
Ability: Shadow Tag Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Enregy Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting
4 Def/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed

There should be little arguement when I say that Chandelure is hands down the best Scarfer in the game. There is no prediction required. The opponent knows what is coming and just is forced to accept it. Fire Blast has massive power with STAB but has had some crucial misses, yet Flamethrower would probably have not killed in nearly as many situations Shadow Ball and HP Fighting give me perfect coverage. Energy Ball is good against some waters like Politoed.

Sweeper #1

Serperior
Ability: Contrarian Item: Leftovers
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire
-Twister
-Substitute
120 HP/ 144 SpAtk/ 244 Speed

SerpSweeps are just amazing, and fast. Get up to +4 or +6 and there's pretty much no hope. Leaf Storm to abuse Contrarian. Hidden Power Fire for most Steels like Ferrothorn. Twister is a rare use move that hits Dragonite and Salamence harder than anyother move. Substitute is a nice wrinkle that can allow SerpSweeps to happen and not be revenged. EV's allow me to outspeed the Genie's and have 4 Sub's almost always.

Sweeper #2

Haxorus
Ability: Mold Breaker Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed

When this pokemon was revealed people thought it an Chandelure would be doomed to Uber because of their massive Attacking stats, good Speed and very good Abilities. Yet OU they remain. Haxorus is a great Set Up sweeper. He outspeeds most of the metagame after just one DD. Outrage is to finish of everything that doesn't resist it and requires the extra oomph. Earthquake is for Steels like Bronzong and Metagross. Brick Break is good against Skarmory and Hydreigon.

So that's the team, and I've gotten alot of mixed feelings from it. It always keeps games competetive, but falls to common threats like Conkledurr. It's also hampered by Hail and Toxic Spikes stall teams, and falls short against most weather teams.

Thanks for your help, will make this look a bit prettier later.

Shadow tag is unreleased as of yet, so your Chandelure is illegal. I really like your Aggron lead. With Metal Burst and Endeavor it can kill almost 2 pokes if you want. For that reason, I think you might want to put SR on Ferrothorn to let it do the entry hazard set-up and let your Aggron kill pokes

One problem I see is that with some good prediction, Infernape could take apart most this team without too much difficulty, fire punch/close combat Ferrothorn, CloseCombat Jellicent, fire punch Aggron amd Serperior. Then unless the opponent has no Scarf Dragon (eg Garchomp, or no water type with an ice beam for Haxorus.

This is not a bad team, although Serperior is outclassed in the current Metagame IMO. Depends, although if you manage to predict well, then you can easily off any attacking threats, so it depends how you play it. Hope I helped (I probably didn't :P)

One problem I see is that with some good prediction, Infernape could take apart most this team without too much difficulty, fire punch/close combat Ferrothorn, CloseCombat Jellicent, fire punch Aggron amd Serperior. Then unless the opponent has no Scarf Dragon (eg Garchomp, or no water type with an ice beam for Haxorus.

This is not a bad team, although Serperior is outclassed in the current Metagame IMO. Depends, although if you manage to predict well, then you can easily off any attacking threats, so it depends how you play it. Hope I helped (I probably didn't :P)
Um, bro, it's kinda hard to Close Combat Jellicent if it's part Ghost

Shadow tag is unreleased as of yet, so your Chandelure is illegal. I really like your Aggron lead. With Metal Burst and Endeavor it can kill almost 2 pokes if you want. For that reason, I think you might want to put SR on Ferrothorn to let it do the entry hazard set-up and let your Aggron kill pokes
I like this. Keeping Aggron around as a way to stop sweeps or something is nice, as long as I don't allow them to set up hazards. Then I could just pass on a Leech Seed to Aggron...

as much as I like aggron, i think u should find a better lead, due to aggron being weak against earthquake, which is used heaps, especially in sandstorm teams

as much as I like aggron, i think u should find a better lead, due to aggron being weak against earthquake, which is used heaps, especially in sandstorm teams
The idea is to get EQ'd as that'll take me down to my Sturdy, and then I Metal Burst or Endeavor.

hey nice team but the descriptions are a bit lacking and i would expand them in case your thread is locked. I cant really comment on aggron as i havent much experience with him but with 2 4x weaknessess to the most common attacking types in ou ground and fighting he seems a bit frail even with sturdy. I would run overheat over fire blast on chandera for the extra power and accuracy as if you nab the ko the spec attck drop shouldnt matter as they will proably bring in a counter to force you out anyway. I should also point out shadow tag chandera is banned on a lot of servers so you might want to change that to flash fire as ferrothorn works perfectly to attract fire moves to activate it. Also i would switch out twister on serperior for either hidden power ice or dragon, preferably ice as the only dragon you miss out on is kingdra and you get super effective coverage on flying types especially the genies who you outspeed.

hey nice team but the descriptions are a bit lacking and i would expand them in case your thread is locked. I cant really comment on aggron as i havent much experience with him but with 2 4x weaknessess to the most common attacking types in ou ground and fighting he seems a bit frail even with sturdy. I would run overheat over fire blast on chandera for the extra power and accuracy as if you nab the ko the spec attck drop shouldnt matter as they will proably bring in a counter to force you out anyway. I should also point out shadow tag chandera is banned on a lot of servers so you might want to change that to flash fire as ferrothorn works perfectly to attract fire moves to activate it. Also i would switch out twister on serperior for either hidden power ice or dragon, preferably ice as the only dragon you miss out on is kingdra and you get super effective coverage on flying types especially the genies who you outspeed.
I'll try out Overheat, but I sometimes have to use Fire Blast in succesion. Can't have two different Hidden Powers, already got HP Fire.

You seem to have a huge Sword Dance Weavile weakness, although I don't have a solution to this yet. I'll try and come back later and finish my rate.

Try switching out hidden power fight for psykic on chandelure. It really helps against fighting types, and its like nobody expects it. Plus, you already have stab fire blast for those steels, and energy ball for rocks so hidden power fighting is pretty outclassed. Well, unless you switch into tyranitar...

Try switching out hidden power fight for psykic on chandelure. It really helps against fighting types, and its like nobody expects it. Plus, you already have stab fire blast for those steels, and energy ball for rocks so hidden power fighting is pretty outclassed. Well, unless you switch into tyranitar...
Actually trying this out, if it can OHKO Conkledurr or atleast get close then that'd help alot.

Serperior
Ability: Contrarian Item: Leftovers
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden Power Fire
-Leech Seed/Wring Out.
-Substitute
4 Hp 252 SPATK, 252 speed

Serperior needs all the spatk ev's it can get due to his very low base special attack, making the most of Leaf Storm and Hidden Power. Leech Seed over Twister due to Twister's terrible base power also Leech Seed completes the infamous subseed combo which goes great on Serperior due to his ridiculously high speed. Yeah, I've also seen Wring Out used to great success before, it's good, try it if Leech Seed turns you off for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)