5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is that ordinarily how a person finds the initial frame?
Which RNG Reporter version are you using? In the newest version, it tells you the initial and target frame for the seed. Here's a snapshot I took a while ago while I was helping someone else:

Ignore the red stuff. In this picture, I searched for seeds then I was looking for a seed I wanted to use. As you can see, it tells me the initial and target frames. For example, one of them starts on frame 28 and the target is 31. That's 3 ID seed advancements. So to get the ID/SID you want, just set the time / date that PBox tells you and hit the seed like a normal seed. Then say no to Juniper 3 times. If your timer0 wasn't trolling, you should have got your ID/SID.

But if you're using an older version of RNG Reporter, you'll have to do it the old way (Which is perfectly possible, that's how I did it). The old version only gives you the target frame. So, to find your initial frame, you have to hit your seed, but don't advance the ID frame at all. Once you get into the game, go to the Seed finder part and put in all the info then hit the correct button. If it shows you that you hit your seed, then look at the frame you got. That's your initial frame. So then you have to hit your seed again, and this time do the correct advancements.

Which RNG Reporter version are you using? In the newest version, it tells you the initial and target frame for the seed. Here's a snapshot I took a while ago while I was helping someone else:

Ignore the red stuff. In this picture, I searched for seeds then I was looking for a seed I wanted to use. As you can see, it tells me the initial and target frames. For example, one of them starts on frame 28 and the target is 31. That's 3 ID seed advancements. So to get the ID/SID you want, just set the time / date that PBox tells you and hit the seed like a normal seed. Then say no to Juniper 3 times. If your timer0 wasn't trolling, you should have got your ID/SID.

But if you're using an older version of RNG Reporter, you'll have to do it the old way (Which is perfectly possible, that's how I did it). The old version only gives you the target frame. So, to find your initial frame, you have to hit your seed, but don't advance the ID frame at all. Once you get into the game, go to the Seed finder part and put in all the info then hit the correct button. If it shows you that you hit your seed, then look at the frame you got. That's your initial frame. So then you have to hit your seed again, and this time do the correct advancements.
Okay, I definitely made this much harder than it is. Thanks so much, I'll try it again.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be working. I don't *think* I got my Timer0 wrong, as I did plenty of calibration for it. When I input the data to Seed Finder, though, it just isn't anywhere close to where it should be.

I'm using seeds with the same initial and target frame. That means I shouldn't have to do any advances, right?

Just put in all 31s for the father. It doesn't matter what the actual IVs are. It generates seeds based on the likelyhood of being able pass the inheritance. Having only the mother's IVs will get you nowhere as most of.the seeds require the IVs of both parents.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be working. I don't *think* I got my Timer0 wrong, as I did plenty of calibration for it. When I input the data to Seed Finder, though, it just isn't anywhere close to where it should be.

I'm using seeds with the same initial and target frame. That means I shouldn't have to do any advances, right?
Yeah, you shouldn't have to do any advancements if initial and target are the same. Are you sure you're hitting the seed correctly? Like, the time, date, keypresses, etc. are all right? And, if so, did you enter everything into the Seed finder correctly? I'm not sure what else it could be other than timer0. Are the parameters at the top of PB correct? And is the MAC correct (When I did ID/SID abuse I didn't enter the right MAC and it took me forever to figure out lol)?

I assume the "button" is the keypress, right? I've been pressing it as if it was. That's the only thing I can think I've been doing wrong, unless all of my calibration was a joke.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a fucking tool. I had White Version (English) instead of Black Version (English); I exited the Pandora's Box window and it reset to White version.

I assume the "button" is the keypress, right? I've been pressing it as if it was. That's the only thing I can think I've been doing wrong, unless all of my calibration was a joke.
Yes, the button is the keypress. Did you read this:

Yeah, you shouldn't have to do any advancements if initial and target are the same. Are you sure you're hitting the seed correctly? Like, the time, date, keypresses, etc. are all right? And, if so, did you enter everything into the Seed finder correctly? I'm not sure what else it could be other than timer0. Are the parameters at the top of PB correct? And is the MAC correct (When I did ID/SID abuse I didn't enter the right MAC and it took me forever to figure out lol)?
I'm not sure what can be wrong :s

Edit:

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a fucking tool. I had White Version (English) instead of Black Version (English); I exited the Pandora's Box window and it reset to White version.
Oh, lol. Well I hope it works this time :)

Okay, NOW I can safely say this doesn't make any sense. I've got the stuff all right: the keypresses down, the parameters are accurate, I'm hitting the time right; yet the result is not only wrong, it isn't ANYwhere in Seed Finder. The one time I got a result that even had the right time to the second, it had frames that it got from God knows where (It was 0 and 40, whereas the ones I had as initial and target were 17 and 17). Is there anything I'm missing that's obvious? I'm following the instructions to the letter, and I'm using the Timer0 and such I got from the file I deleted (Which was what I was told to do).

Okay, NOW I can safely say this doesn't make any sense. I've got the stuff all right: the keypresses down, the parameters are accurate, I'm hitting the time right; yet the result is not only wrong, it isn't ANYwhere in Seed Finder. The one time I got a result that even had the right time to the second, it had frames that it got from God knows where (It was 0 and 40, whereas the ones I had as initial and target were 17 and 17). Is there anything I'm missing that's obvious? I'm following the instructions to the letter, and I'm using the Timer0 and such I got from the file I deleted (Which was what I was told to do).
Can you possibly show me a snapshot of PB with your target seed? Maybe I can find something... if not, then I'm not sure what you're doing wrong.

I'm afraid I can't take screenshots. I'll try again tomorrow or something. Thanks again for the help.
In the Seed Finder part, do you have a wide enough range for the min/max seconds and the min/max frames? I can't think of anything except maybe somehow your timer0 isn't cooperating at all. Or maybe I'm missing something big as well.

Edit: Ok, thanks UDH!

I've got the max range for seconds, and something like 0 to 40 for frames.
Sorry, I have no idea then. It might be your timer0/parameters or I'm forgetting about something majorly important. I'm not sure how your parameters could be wrong, though. Especially if you've used them to hit a seed before.

I haven't used them to hit my seed; I've only calibrated them, earlier today. I got the result for the current parameters I'm using four out of five captures, though.

I haven't used them to hit my seed; I've only calibrated them, earlier today. I got the result for the current parameters I'm using four out of five captures, though.
Maybe try using the "Search Parameters" part of PB to see if you get the same parameters. I've never used it before and I have no idea how it works, though.

Hello everybody, I'm facing several problems trying to abuse my ID/SID with "Pandora's Box" in order to get a semi-flawless shiny starter.
I've read all the guides about the 5th Gen RNG, but I can't find a clear step by step procedure.

Here's what I've done:

1) Found, checked and set my DS Parameters (Black Italian, MAC: 0022D72AB433, VCount: 5F, Vframe: 6, GxStat: 6, Min/Max Timer0: C6B);

2) Found a seed in Time Finder with the following settings:
- Method 5 (standard seed)
- Encounter Type: Wild Pokémon
- IV 3x/31/3x/xx/3x/31

3) Pasted the seed in the main Reporter window in order to search for a target nature:
- Method 5 PIDRNG
- (Target) Nature: Adamant
I've found it on frame 56

4) Opened Pandora's Box, checked the DS Parameters and pasted the seed/frame found in steps 2 and 3. I've looked for an ID/SID pair with "True" under the Starter column and with a comfortable target frame.

5) Started a new game hitting date/time/keypresses, calculated the Starting Frame (in Pandora’s Box, the Starting Frame is always the minimum set in “search Parameters” section, so it’s useless) and restarted with the proper number of “NO”s.

In this way, I’ve got exactly the ID/SID pair I’ve found in “Pandora’s Box”, but IVs, gender and Nature of my starter were totally wrong… and, of course, it wasn’t shiny at all.

What I’ve to do?

Thanks to all for your kind replies

Hello everybody, I'm facing several problems trying to abuse my ID/SID with "Pandora's Box" in order to get a semi-flawless shiny starter.
I've read all the guides about the 5th Gen RNG, but I can't find a clear step by step procedure.

Here's what I've done:

1) Found, checked and set my DS Parameters (Black Italian, MAC: 0022D72AB433, VCount: 5F, Vframe: 6, GxStat: 6, Min/Max Timer0: C6B);

2) Found a seed in Time Finder with the following settings:
- Method 5 (standard seed)
- IV 3x/31/3x/xx/3x/31

3) Pasted the seed in the main Reporter window in order to search for a target nature:
- Method 5 PIDRNG
- (Target) Nature: Adamant
I've found it on frame 56

4) Opened Pandora's Box, checked the DS Parameters and pasted the seed/frame found in steps 2 and 3. I've looked for an ID/SID pair with "True" under the Starter column and with a comfortable target frame.

5) Started a new game hitting date/time/keypresses, calculated the Starting Frame (in Pandora’s Box, the Starting Frame is always the minimum set in “search Parameters” section, so it’s useless) and restarted with the proper number of “NO”s.

In this way, I’ve got exactly the ID/SID pair I’ve found in “Pandora’s Box”, but IVs, gender and Nature of my starter were totally wrong… and, of course, it wasn’t shiny at all.

What I’ve to do?

Thanks to all for your kind replies
That's because in order to get your starter you need to hit a separate seed (the one you found in the time finder). And, if you didn't already know, your IV frame has to be 1 since you have no way to advance the IV frame that early in the game. After you get your ID/SID, you have to save right before you choose your starter.

Turn off the game, and now you have to attempt to hit your seed that you found in the time finder. Once you hit your seed (Or hope that you hit your seed, since you don't know if you got the correct timer0) and you're in the game, pick your starter right away without doing any PID advancements (Since you need to find your starting frame). After the two battles, check to see if you hit your seed by looking at the Pokemon's IVs. It might be hard to tell since it's level 5, but you can look at the characteristic. If it's "Likes to thrash about" or "Alert to sounds", then you most likely hit your seed. If you got the right IVs, look at the nature and gender and find a PID frame that yields those results to find your starting frame and hope that your starting frame is not over 56. Then, hit your seed again but advance the frame accordingly by saving (each save is 1 PID advancement).

Let me know if this made sense and helped :)

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
So I was looking at the researcher notes and I was wondering if the bug about the Shiny egg finder was addressed. The bug where it doesn't show any results for the simplest searches. I noticed that a majority of the people that I've been helping have been having this happen(I had it happen on my last computer myself).

Thanks and if this does go against any rules then don't answer(But I don't think I said anything wrong) ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)