5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Are you sure you're starting the game at the proper time? Only reason I'm asking this is because you have your startup time at 0 seconds, so you'd have to wait a full 60 seconds when you change your ds clock.
Along with that, try around 30 seconds instead, something that's not <15 or >45.

Just another quick question; If I use an encounter slot, and hit the seed I'm attempting, will it matter if I run around to find the pokemon, or can I sweet scent it out still? (For simplicity's sake, I generally go for frame 1 when RNGing wild pokemon; Makes it easer to get them, imo) Only asking 'cause the first time I tried ended up with a klink, wrong IVs (I assume I missed the seed)

Just another quick question; If I use an encounter slot, and hit the seed I'm attempting, will it matter if I run around to find the pokemon, or can I sweet scent it out still? (For simplicity's sake, I generally go for frame 1 when RNGing wild pokemon; Makes it easer to get them, imo) Only asking 'cause the first time I tried ended up with a klink, wrong IVs (I assume I missed the seed)
Read the first post in this thread. Walking in areas with wild Pokemon advances the PIDRNG by 2 per step/turn so yes, it does mater if you run around to find the Pokemon. You should be sweet scenting not running around.

Also note that hitting your seed for IVs does not give you the correct correct encounter slot. You have to advance the PIDRNG via Chatot/saving.

Time finder --> Method 5 (Standard Seed)

That only generates IV frames and putting in nature, ability, encounter slot, won't change anything. That stuff is effected by a secondary rng called PIDRNG. That rng advances frames in a different matter as well. Walking around will advance it so don't do that. The most effective way to advance the PIDRNG reliably without advancing the IV RNG is to use a chatot.

And yes, if you ended up with the wrong IVs, you missed your seed.

The most effective way to advance the PIDRNG reliably without advancing the IV RNG is to use a chatot.
Since I don't have a chatot (Too lazy on Pt) are there any other ways to advance the PIDRNG? A guide I read stated saving, chatot, Turning,wandering NPCs and walking did; I don't intend to walk (I have no need to) so does saving work too?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Since I don't have a chatot (Too lazy on Pt) are there any other ways to advance the PIDRNG? A guide I read stated saving, chatot, Turning,wandering NPCs and walking did; I don't intend to walk (I have no need to) so does saving work too?
If you're looking to do less work, ironically saving would probably require far more effort than just getting a pair of chatots on Platinum for the job. But yes, saving works too.

So pretty much what you're saying is that if one seed didn't give me a drilbur I should try another one and hope I get lucky? Well... that sucks :S

Anyway, the gem part, from what I was getting isn't entirely accurate, I did get an "Electric gem" like 65% times of the tries but I also received fire, Dragon and other bunch of gems while hopelessly jumping from pid frames to pid frames.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and get me a ditto first though -_- Just gotta find out how to convert gen 4 files to gen 5 and then how to send them :D

Thanks.
The item you get (and whether you get an item at all) is dependent on the PID frame you're on as well. If a particular PID frame gives you an item in the dust cloud, it will always be the same item. If you walk so that same dust cloud appears and then do some chatots to advance the PID frame before stepping into the cloud, you'll eventually encounter a Drilbur in that cloud on the same seed if you find a frame that gives you an encounter instead of an item.

If you're looking to do less work, ironically saving would probably require far more effort than just getting a pair of chatots on Platinum for the job. But yes, saving works too.
Hehe... It's not that I'm trying to be lazy, I'm just not used to RNGing yet, where it does seem that RNGing's the only way to survive these days...
Though, one question, why a pair of chatots? If They're a lot easier, then I'll go for them, just trying to do as fast an RNG as possible each time, so that my brain doesn't end up fried by all the confusion...

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Chatots require just the flip of a summary page for one advancement. One save takes a lot more time than just pressing up or down, so if you're looking to save time then chatots are still the way to go.

Chatots require just the flip of a summary page for one advancement. One save takes a lot more time than just pressing up or down, so if you're looking to save time then chatots are still the way to go.
Oh, I thought it required a chatter... Hmm, that's interesting... To platinum I go :D Thanks, Hopefully you'll make my RNG headaches better ^.^

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
You need to use chatter to record a sound for its call, but once you record the sound it'll stay until you deposit it in the PC. Chatots use the same recording as well, so if you record a call with one chatot, the other chatot will also use the same recording when you visit its summary page, just at a different varied pitch perhaps. It's the visiting of a chatot's summary page (one that has a recorded call) that advances the PIDRNG, not the act of recording a chatter itself.

You need to use chatter to record a sound for its call, but once you record the sound it'll stay until you deposit it in the PC. Chatots use the same recording as well, so if you record a call with one chatot, the other chatot will also use the same recording when you visit its summary page, just at a different varied pitch perhaps. It's the visiting of a chatot's summary page (one that has a recorded call) that advances the PIDRNG, not the act of recording a chatter itself.
Ah, that makes more sense... Okay, time to send some chatot over to B/w and get me some better RNGs :D
as a side note, does this potentially eliminate the need to synchronise a nature if, with enough patience, you flip to a frame that has the nature? (I know synchronise is easier, just for now I have to borrow a friend's synchros, I only have one good natured one)

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ah, that makes more sense... Okay, time to send some chatot over to B/w and get me some better RNGs :D
as a side note, does this potentially eliminate the need to synchronise a nature if, with enough patience, you flip to a frame that has the nature? (I know synchronise is easier, just for now I have to borrow a friend's synchros, I only have one good natured one)
Yes, you can target specific natures by advancing to certain PID frames. You can target the species of Pokemon you encounter and choose which ability they have (if they can have two) as well.
If you generate your standard seed using Method 5 PIDRNG, you can see a list of the PID frames you'll get on that specific seed and eventually pinpoint where your starting frame is on that particular map with that particular seed so you know how many chatots you need to do to get to a frame with all the attributes you want.

Yes, you can target specific natures by advancing to certain PID frames. You can target the species of Pokemon you encounter and choose which ability they have (if they can have two) as well.
If you generate your standard seed using Method 5 PIDRNG, you can see a list of the PID frames you'll get on that specific seed and eventually pinpoint where your starting frame is on that particular map with that particular seed so you know how many chatots you need to do to get to a frame with all the attributes you want.
Okay, thanks =) Gonna get these chatots, then attempt to RNG a pokemon, and see what happens... Hopefully It'll work, and I'll get RNG to a point where I don't think my Litwick was a fluke :D

Edit: Due to not owning an AR, I'll hold off on this, since It'll be easier to borrow a friend's for a bit...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you listen to a recorded Chatter, you'll notice that the pitch changes each time. The RNG call to determine that pitch is why it advances.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
If you listen to a recorded Chatter, you'll notice that the pitch changes each time. The RNG call to determine that pitch is why it advances.
Yeah, what he said. But as a note since it's usually a question brought up - you don't actually need to hear the chatot say anything for the RNG to be advanced, just flipping to the chatot's summary page will do. So you can flip as fast as you'd like as long as you can keep count, which saves time of course if your target PID frame is higher.

Good luck (;

hello
I'm having a problem catching a Landorus..
I use RNG Reporter 9.81, and the non C-Gear method.
I'm trying to get flawless IVs ( and Jolly nature, but I'm using a synchronizer for that).
My seed is 288144C5A362C19E and my target frame is 8.

I already got many pokemon using this method (mainly breeds, but some catches also) and something strange is happening.. Instead of 31 in everything I got:
28-29/6-7/31/31/31/31
I think that this four 31 are just to suspicious to be randomly get by me not hitting the right time.. and I already got this spread 3 times.
Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this?

hello
I'm having a problem catching a Landorus..
I use RNG Reporter 9.81, and the non C-Gear method.
I'm trying to get flawless IVs ( and Jolly nature, but I'm using a synchronizer for that).
My seed is 288144C5A362C19E and my target frame is 8.

I already got many pokemon using this method (mainly breeds, but some catches also) and something strange is happening.. Instead of 31 in everything I got:
28-29/6-7/31/31/31/31
I think that this four 31 are just to suspicious to be randomly get by me not hitting the right time.. and I already got this spread 3 times.
Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this?
The spread you specified is on frame 6. So you'd have to advance the IV frame with 2 more.

Really? From what I've read the stationary pokemon have a +2 starting frame than normal pokemon..
To get to frame 8 I walked 126 steps with 5 pokemon in my party.

So this means that It's impossible to get to this frame, right? Without having 1 pokemon in my party and walking 7 x 126 steps anyway.

Edit:
Oh well, at least I know where I failed - thank you ;)
I will find another seed and see how It turns out.

Really? From what I've read the stationary pokemon have a +2 starting frame than normal pokemon..
To get to frame 8 I walked 126 steps with 5 pokemon in my party.

So this means that It's impossible to get to this frame, right? Without having 1 pokemon in my party and walking 7 x 126 steps anyway.

Edit:
Oh well, at least I know where I failed - thank you ;)
I will find another seed and see how It turns out.
Well, you're confusing C-Gear. That starts on frame 3. Non C-Gear starts on frame 1 for any stationary.

I would like someone to help me gradually through the process of RNG abuse through the C-Gear without an Action Replay.

First things first, I'm going to RNG a Kyurem with nothing special, just the flawless IVs in the good stats so I can actually use it somehow. I'm doing this so I can check IVs easier, which I am doing so using Pokemon Online. If someone could help me just to understand the process, that'd be great!

-sigh- I'm sorry, but if you have to ask that question, you really don't know all that much about this stuff.

But to answer your question, people without access to a DS, or a DS Lite (such as myself) are succumbed to using C-Gear abuse until the DSi/XL/3DS standard seed method is cracked.

Hello there, I am trying to RNG a shiny volcarona with 31/xx/xx/31/31/31 iv spread, now i've been able to successfully RNG stationary pokemon but getting a shiny one is confusing me.

Version using - 9.81 Beta

Trying to capture a shiny Lvl 70 Volcaron in Relic Castle with a 31/xx/xx/31/31/31 iv spread.

Target Seed - 293907CC7BD12279 Frame - 1 Nearby Shiny Frame - 228 MAC Address - 0022D71E7763 Delay - +1

I've been able to get the IV's right its just not being shiny.

I've tried twice and the result are a non-shiny Lvl 70 Hardy Volcarona with a 31/31/26/31/31/31 iv spread

Im not sure what im doing wrong . I know my starting PID frame is 48 so i have to advance the PID frame by 180 to get to 228 but its not >_< please help.
Since you mention "Delay", does this mean you are using the C-Gear method? If so, the C-Gear method cannot obtain shiny Pokemon right now, maybe in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)