1v1: The Tier of Cannons and Stall

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be an article about the OM 1v1. One of the popular ladders. I have peeked towards the top 20 a few times but have recently not played it as much. I figured why not make an article about it for The Smog. Goddess Briyella
recommended me to suggest this an article. Briyella would also help me with this article and such. I also have made some art for this particular article. I dont know how the art guidelines work for The Smog, but im pretty sure I could make it work. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/AGYfQaz <-- my artwork

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I can dig a 1v1 article, but can we see a bit of your writing skill, like a paragraph or two of what you'll write? Also, what exactly will you be writing about?

Im writting about specific and effective sets in the 1v1 tier.
Heres a sample of what i have written, wouldn't mind feedback :]

Intro:
1v1; The Other Meta filled with a diversity of pokemon. Some viable, and some not. Obviously this article is about the viable pokemon in this tier. These pokemon sets are like no other in any other tier. 1v1 is basically divided up into three forms of playing. Stall, Gimmicks, and All out attackers. Pick your choice, you might end up being thankful or regret it.

Greninja has two of the most needed stats to be successful as an all-out attacker. It has the necessary special attack speed to out-class most of the other pokemon including some Stally pokemon. With focus sash being illegal in the tier, your choices for an item are limited. Choice scarf uses, which are very common in the tier, can easily outspeed and destroy Greninja. To counter that, run your own scarf greninja. You outspeed all other pokemon, including pesky other choiced pokemon. Run Hydro Cannon on your greninja for powerful move that ohkos most pokemon in the tier. Run Dark Pulse, HP Fighting and grass knot for coverage. Run 252 EVS in Speed and Special Attack with modest or timid nature.

Sample Set:

Greninja @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Protean

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Dark Pulse

- Hydro Cannon

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

- Grass Knot

Things to look out for: Popular Mirror Coat/Metal Burst users can take a hit and easily return twice the damage if you hit them and don’t ohko. Mega Gardevoir can also take a dark pulse and swiftly kill Greninja due its lack of defenses and the pixilate boost mega-gardevior gets when it uses a normal move.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
This looks like a good start to me, and it brings attention to a metagame that is never seen in The Smog. I think this is a great idea that will help The Smog have more varied content.

I'll be glad to assist in the organization of the project, as we decided beforehand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)