Other 1v1 Power Squad #Dontmesswiththebest

Boy was I happy when I went to play 1v1 and I saw the 3 pokemon preview system. After spending several days messing around on the ladder this is the best stuff I've managed so far. 1v1 is a lot of fun even when it sometimes feels like advanced rock paper scissors

Donphan (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 31 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Knock Off

The pokemon that I used to use back when the tier was pure 1v1. Sturdy+Endeavor+Priority is super powerful. Ivs are like this with Lonely nature as a way to make endeavor better. Earthquake is powerful stab that is really nice if you dont expect to be damaged to make endeavor live. Finally Knock off is for the Boosting or statusing levitators or the occasional ghost/psychic type. Lum berry+Sturdy let me deal with a wide variety of threats. Donphan is probably my most used of the 3, so the other 2 can be seen as back up.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Too strong. Teravolt is handy when dealing with Sturdy or volt absorb. Ice beam comes in handy more often than Stone Edge would, but I am sometimes tempted to go back to Stone Edge. Max speed to tie with other scarf Kyurem since there seem to be A LOT of them. Stab Outrage off of 170 base attack is just way too powerful and with a choice scarf I can just outspeed and OHKO a lot of pokemon that could otherwise give me problems. His other moves provide good coverage that comes in handy.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash

The third member of the team has switched around a lot. I will mention previous team members below. But Charizard here is really nice. I wanted a special attacker so I wouldnt just lose to intimidate. Your opponent not knowing whether it is X or Y seems like a nice little mind game you get to play as well. Solarbeam is super clutch and I find I use it more than I use Overheat, (which seems better than Fire Blast in 1v1). Air Slash is best used for a desperate flinch attempt to go for a 2hko.

Old Third Slot Pokemon:

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Taunt can come in handy and burning your opponent to death is always funny. If I were to use sableye again I would probably use a max Def set to really specialize his usefulness. He was ok every once in a while but I felt the third slot could be better utilized, AND mega gyarados was giving me a hard time!

Thundurus (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Fly
- U-turn

Rage from always losing to Mega Gyarados let me to seek out a Strong Electric type, I originally thought of Thundurus to replace Sableye but then I went crazy and went with Choice Band and Defiant. While it is good against intimidate, it was not too good against much else, and its coverage moves never proved too useful. If I were to go back to using thundurus I would probably use a Special Prankster set with Taunt. Azumarills (Perish Song versions specifically) had also been giving me trouble and he can handily deal with them, but so can Charizard-Y with Solarbeam.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunder
- Pain Split
- Trick

A transitional team member. It was a bad idea, but at this point I had Stone Edge over Ice Beam on Kyurem-B so I lacked an Ice move and I had been missing Hidden Power Ice when I had been using Thundurus and got caught against a Garchomp. So I tried this bad boy out for a minute and a half. Better than Blizzard/Thunder is a nice bit of coverage that could obliterage Gyarados and Garchomp, but this set was a little bit too gimmicky. Trick was never too effective, which meant pain split was even worse, maybe all out attacker would be better, or 3 attacks and trick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)