ORAS LC 1000 Forms of Fear

1000 Forms of Fear

edd8a9f0-7829-0132-1d55-0a2c89e5f2f5.jpg
Stream Sia's album 1000 forms of fear on youtube, on spotify, or watch each video tagged next to the name of each pokemon. No brand deals are included in this advertisement. Side affects might include heightened anxiety and fear for 1000 seconds, and potential addiction. Do not use if pregnant, or over age 80 (go grandma!), or hate mangoes, as then that could be deadly ;).

About Me: I'm a shy guy. I like mangoes. And that's all you really need to know. I really like making RMTs and hope that every RMT I make turns out better than the last one. I also love theorymonning, because there are just so many possibilities and the idea of giving something with potential a key to unlock their hidden success just makes me feel very satisfied and happy.

About the RMT: The title of this RMT is Inspired by the amazing Sia's album title. If there is any copyright shennanigans involved, sorry :). This team is a stallish team built around CM Gothita, and the benefits I have found it gives stall. so I would rather there not be any suggestions around removing Gothita. Every pokemon is going to have it's "targets" written out in a hide tag very appropriately labeled "targets." There is going to be no Teambuilding Process because (this is probably an unpopular opinion) I find the Teambuilding Process a little redundant, or that I can't make a non-redundant teambuilding process. I also feel like you can just say what you want to say in the Teambuilding Process in the pokemon's general description. The change log is in post 4, because I don't want to clutter the OP. Go check it out, because it displays a new team member!

Quick Look
gothita.gif
Mienfoo_XY.gif
spritzee.gif
archen.gif
munchlax.gif
ponyta.gif

Gothita- Dressed In Black

gothita.gif

Gothita @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic
- Rest
Slow Fighting types (no mienfoo), Poison types, Slowbros, Staryus, Abras without Shadow Ball, Aromatherapy Spritzee, generally weak Special Attackers.

Lately, I have building many standard FerroSpritz stall-esque teams. I have noticed that many of them have trouble killing Foongus. I could boggle Foongus down, but then with a few sneaky switches, all of a sudden, Foongus was alive at full again. Introducing, the best Foongus killer ever. Calm Mind Eviolite Gothita. Gothita's targets are either simply unable to be outsped without a scarf, or are very slow, so I just gave Gothita 13 Speed. The Special Attack investment is to most of the time kill Timburr's after +1, and defensive EVs give Gothita the nice 14/14 defenses. If given a double switch or a safe switch into Timburr, Goth can eat a Knock Off, CM, the Psychic kill a Timburr, which is nice. I made Gothita CM RestTalk, because it is the most reliable Foongus beating set, and I like Gothita's ability to switch in to it's targets. Stall v Stall can also become a nightmare of switching and long battles, so Gothita is here to give my team the upper hand in the "mirror-match."

Mienfoo- Chandelier Swinger

Mienfoo_XY.gif

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Dark Types, SR Leads, Steel Types, more I'm probably missing, or am just too lazy to find.

If Gothita were Princess Peach, Mienfoo would probably be Mario. Every single time, Princess Peach is captured by Bowser/pawniard, and Mario/Mienfoo has to go save Peach/Gothita. Mienfoo's U-Turn is also priceless, and you can even U-turn out predicting a Spritzee, Poison type, or Foongus to come in. And what do all of those mentioned pokemon have in common? CM Goth bait. With 2 SR weak pokemon, I'd rather not have SR on the field, so taunt Mienfoo is my most Common Lead. Knock Off is a generally amazing move and is great for weakening pokemon so that Gothita or Spritzee have an easier time sweeping. The rest is pretty standard.

Spritzee-Crying big Girl
spritzee.gif

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Mienfoo and other fighters, dark types

If you've been reading the targets, you may see that not all the pokemon of each type are covered. For example, Mienfoo is supposed to cover darks, but can't cover Vullaby. Gothita is supposed to cover SLOW fighting types, which excludes 17 Speed Mienfoo. Spritzee is here to cover both of those threats. Also, lets be honest. Almost every stall team you're going to build basically has to have Spritzee. Wish Passing is very valuable. Because I have 2 Rest/talkers, I went with CM Spritzee. CM Spritzee can be very destructive and is a great late game sweeper for stall teams.

Archen-Player of Fair Games
archen.gif

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
-Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Rock Slide
Birdspam, Sash and Sturdy Breaker, Fire Types

Archen is probably the true juggler of this team. Archen is there to set up rocks (which I actually find I don't do all too often) or defog rocks. I chose the Eviolite set, because I wanted to have a good, reliable Fletchling counter, which my team kind of lacks. Stealth Rocks are also helpful for wearing down Ponyta. I took the standard defensive Eviolite set from the Analysis, but if I should use Rowan's set, I can change it. Stealth Rocks I'm also kind of debating on. As a whole, Archen has either been hit or miss in my battles, but I think when it works, it really does it's job and I for the most part want to keep it.

Munchlax- Cellophane stomach

munchlax.gif

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

gastly, abra, gothita, Ponyta

Munchlax is my counter for all things pursuit trappable. Gastly can be especially problematic to my team, so Munchlax is great of disposing of Gastly. Munchlax also forms a pretty nice core with Spritzee. I chose Resttalk>Berry Juice, because I want Munchlax to have more bulk with Eviolite. Thick Fat makes Munchlax a decent Ponyta switch in.I honestly don't really know what else to say about Munchlax, it just gets it job done. The EVs give Munchlax good special defense to take on Abras and Gastly, and maybe even both in one battle, while still retaining some good defensive bulk.

Ponyta- Fire meets Gasoline

ponyta.gif

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
Mienfoo, Pawniard, Birds, Croagunk. Opposing Ponies

I personally feel that Ponyta is amazing right now. Ponyta is my secondary Pawniard answer, and Pony can also deal with other dark types, like using Toxic on Vullaby. Toxic is also nice for Chinchous, and opposing Ponytas. Between Stealth Rock, Toxic, and Body Slams from Munchlax, I can slowly wear opposing Ponytas down. Ponyta also works as a backup answer to Croagunk and Mienfoo if their respective answers are out. Ponyta can also be used to emergency check Fletchling if needed. Ponyta is my main burner of grasses. Fire. Is. Catching.

How to deal with common archetypes

Birdspam: Birdspam is kind of hard to deal with. The priority is definitely getting rocks up with Archen, or leading with Mienfoo to prevent rocks. Then use Archen and Ponyta as your main answers to birdspam. Keep both of them very healthy.

Waterspam: Mienfoo is extremely helpful against shell smashers. Otherwise, this team kind of just has to be played wisely, and try not to have Munchlax be in while they have a free switch into something like Tirtouga.

FerroSpritz Defensive Teams: On FerroSpritz(correct me if I'm wrong), Spritzee's usually run aromatherapy, so you can trap Spritzee with Gothita and CM Kill it. Ferroseed can be handled with Mienfoo and Pony, but watch out for Thunder Waves.

Regenerator Cores: Gothita and Spritzee is like the dynamic duo of killing regen cores. Gothita for Foongus and Slowpoke, and Spritzee for Mienfoo.

Volt-Turn: Volt-turn has always been pretty good at ripping defensive playstyles apart with it's ability to put so much pressure on. An interesting but very risky way to beat volt-turn is to predict a Voltturn move and stay in instead of switching out. Also, press wish excessively with Spritzee and get rocks up.

Sun: Munchlax and Ponyta are very helpful against Vulpix. Bellsprout is harder to deal with, but you just got to play well. Gothita is probably your most direct Bellsprout answer, but it is more of a check.

Fighters: Spritzee and Gothita should have you covered.

Dark Spam: Spritzee + Mienfoo= gg. No more words needed.

Threats
1. Water Spam
564.png
corphish.png
-
Honestly, biggest hurdle on paper for this team. I haven't actually bumped into water spam, but I am assuming I will have a hard time.

2.Bird Spam
661.png
566.png
-
Between Rocks and Loosing Eviolites, Archen can definitely be worn down. After Archen is worn down enough, you can basically just throw the computer at the wall. GG.
3. Magnemite
RS_081_front.png
-
Its typing's resistances, STABs, and ability to volt switch is just too much for this team.

Replays
1. To kill a Magnemite ft. Google Translate
2. Ponyta for President ft. Me complaining even though I got a ton of good hax
3. GOTHITA SWEEP

Final Words
I would like to say thank you to every single person reading this RMT, because it means a lot that you've decided to click it. This is my first time venturing out and trying some really cool features, or just some standard ones, like sprites, that I haven't known how to use until now. This RMT may be a coding mess for a little bit, because I am atrocious at coding. I have no importable, but I think you can copy and paste each member individually if you want to toy around with it. If an importable is necessary, I will happily add one, as well as a teambuilding process. I just want to keep this RMT as simple, clean cut,and to the point as possible. And it totally doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm too lazy to do them.
THIS RMT HAS BASICALLY BEEN CONCLUDED THANKS TO THE HELP OF INFAMY AND CORPORAL LEVI. CHECK OUT POST 4 FOR ALL THE CHANGES AND "REJECTED" CHANGES(aka change log). Thanks to Infamy for the sprites, which I changed!
Thank you once again, and thanks to all in advance who would like to rate! It means a lot :).

HAVE A NICE DAY :)!

Last edited:
Hey there SilentMango, this is a really nice team you've got here. I've always been, and probably always will be, a big fan of semi-stall, so I really like this team. There are a couple changes I think you can consider to possibly improve the team:

First off, I suggest changing Calm Mind to Heal Bell on Spritzee, since you have two Pokemon with Rest as their only form of recovery, this lets you rest up and cure the status later. It also helps Mienfoo, which is something of a status magnet. By using Heal Bell, you can play more aggressively with Munchlax and Gothita. This is nice because Munchlax is a great pivot versus strong special attackers like Abra and Gastly and Calm Mind Gothita is a great win condition and using it aggressively can lead to easy sweeps, especially against slower teams with Pokemon that are set up fodder for it, like Ferroseed. Since Gothita is such a great win condition, playing it aggressively will put a lot more pressure on your opponent, and semi-stall absolutely loves pressuring the opponent- due to the fact that stall teams are usually quite passive, a stall team that can successfully apply and maintain pressure and momentum is a massive threat.

Second, I think over your current Archen set, you should use Fast Eviolite Archen. This allows Archen to apply more offensive pressure while still maintaining its role of a bulky pivot and Defogger. Having a faster Roost is especially useful in many situations; in my experience I find that every time I use bulky Eviolite Archen I want to use the fast set because it gets way more opportunities to heal with Roost, effectively making up for the drop in bulk. Ultimately, it's up to you, but it's definitely something to consider.

Finally, I'd like to suggest Acrobatics over Taunt on Mienfoo. Your team has problems with opposing Mienfoo and Knock Off users, and Acrobatics Mienfoo solves both of those problems. You already have a very reliable Defogger in the form of Archen, I really don't think you need to bother with hazard control on Foo as well.

One last thing, you can find the sprites that Pokemon Showdown uses here. This lets you have consistent image quality for each of your Pokemon. The folder xyani is where the XY front sprites go- just go in there, click on whatever Pokemon you want the sprite for (Control+F is really useful for finding the right Pokemon), right click on it and click "Copy Image," and then paste it here on Smogon. Keep in mind that these are all suggestions, and that I'm not nearly as experienced with this team as you are, so I might be wrong about a few things, and feel free to tell me if I am. Hope I helped!

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi SilentMango
This is a really great team! I love how Gothita fits into the team and more than contributes its fair share, with the rest of the team also being quite solidly built.

I don't see birdspam is being overly troublesome because Doduo is easily worn down, and if you can keep hazards off the field, Ponyta is also able to function as a decent check to Fletchling. However, I agree that waterspam might be difficult to deal with. Of course it's well known that almost every LC team should have a Fighting-type, but I think your team has just the right strengths and weaknesses to get away with not using one. Ferroseed over Mienfoo would render most Water-types much less troublesome; normal Mario is probably better off as Fire Mario (with four legs and Will-o-Wisp), anyway. With a bit of Wish support, Ferroseed is also able to hold most variants of Magnemite at bay, in addition to soft checking Drilbur and Archen, two moderately troublesome threats. It can provide Knock Off support as well if you choose to run it, and is capable of setting up Stealth Rock, freeing up one of Archen's moveslots, allowing Archen to run Earthquake over Stealth Rock, meaning your team won't be left much weaker to Pawniard.
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave / Leech Seed / Iron Head
You don't really need Spikes given your reliance on Defog, or Protect considering how you have Wish support from Spritzee.

Changing Gothita's EVs to 196 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD / 76 Spe will allow it to hit an Eviolite number on the Special side, most notably giving it the bulk necessary to usually revenge-kill Download Porygon, who otherwise potentially sweeps your team (which even applies if Mienfoo is run if it manages to catch Mienfoo on the switch with Psychic).

In regards to Infamy's suggestions, I feel as if Calm Mind and Aromatherapy provide comparable amounts of utility on Spritzee, depending on whether you would prefer a secondary win condition or something to heal off Ferroseed Scald burns and, as Infamy mentioned, being able to play more aggressively with Munchlax (I doubt it'd make a significant difference for Gothita, though). However, I disagree with using fast Archen over the current spread, because you need your main birdspam check to be as physically bulky as possible and survive key attacks that fast Archen isn't able to (a combination of Knock Off and Brave Bird from Doduo on a full health Archen or the 2HKO from +2 Fletchling's Acrobatics after Stealth Rock, for example), and the loss in momentum isn't too big of a deal for a team as slow as this one.

That's it for now; you did quite a nice job. Good luck!

Thank You Infamy and Corporal Levi!

Infamy, I thank you SO much for the sprites. I've been wondering and trying how to get sprites for a while now, and it feels really good to have probably my most burning question answered. I do think I am going to stick with slower Archen, but will try faster Archen. I feel like Archen is extremely crucial for countering Fletchling, and I would like it to perform that role to it's best capacity, as it is basically my only Fletchling answer. I will try the fast Archen, but I am leaning towards the one I have right now.
I have been switching between Calm Mind and Aromatherapy on Spritzee a lot. It seems to be the times I run Aromatherapy there is no status going on, and the times I run Calm Mind, the opponent has a Gastly, a Pawniard, Magnemite, Fire type, or mix of them all.

Corporal Levi, Ferroseed is definitely something I've been looking for. Something that can be an answer to waters as well as free up that moveslot on Archen, so I will be sure to try it out. The typing is completely different, and Mienfoo was definitely a big player and the first member I added to the team, so I will do a lot of testing. Even with Archen having EQ, I still feel kind of weak to Pawniard, as I can only hit it on the switch.
I am slightly confused about Gothita's EVs. My current spread gives me 14 defense/14 SpAtk/ 14 SpDef and 13 Speed after careful nature. I think that your spread does the same, just with 12 speed, but you get the option of nature, modest or timid. Should I go Modest or should I go Timid?

CONCLUSION
Gothita's EVs with Modest Nature, Aromatherapy Spritzee(may revert back again idk), Ferroseed over Mienfoo, and EQ over SR on Archen.

Archen's EVs

EDITS MADE- Now concluded: Ferroseed with HpFighting and a 84 HP/ 36 Atk/ 192 Def/ 8 SpA/ 152 SpD and sassy nature is Replacing Mienfoo thanks to Corporal Levi. HP Fight is to keep Pawniards in check, as LO Pawniards can be hard to deal with. Ferroseed is also a way to answer Magnemite and Water Spam As well, which were 2 threats to my team. Ferro/Spritz is one of the most threatening cores in this metagame. Hidden Power Fighting is a way for me to smack Pawniards hard. Ferroseed also opens up Archen's moveset and gives Archen a whole lot more freedom.

EQ over Stealth Rock on Archen, because Ferroseed gives this team a SR setter and Archen can hit Pawniards on the switch.

Thank You!

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I assumed it was Modest, which is my bad, but it should probably be Modest regardless; I don't think 13 vs 12 speed really makes a difference, but a Modest nature nets you a few KOs that aren't really too significant but may help occasionally, like the 3HKO on Cottonee from full health or the OHKO on Skrelp after it has switched into Stealth Rock twice. It's not a hugely important change, however.

Also, Ponyta should be able to cover Pawniard; Impish Ponyta actually does an arguably better job than Mienfoo by just spamming Morning Sun for Flame Body burns and WoWing if it's SD Pawniard. With that being said, if you're really worried about Pawniard, you could run a spread of 84 HP / 36 Atk / 192 Def / 8 SpA / 152 SpD on Ferroseed and run HP Fighting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)