ORAS OU ♪ Dance under the sand with tyranitar and his friends ♪

Hello, I post this treath for asking for help, this team looks to work well, but I only test on the ladder, and the ladder isn't the top for improve a team.

Introduction :

At first, I have choose to build a Sandstorm, because I'd love when the entry hasard and sandstorm allow to a sweeper more OHKO. And, with the sandstorm damages, the stall core are more powerfull and cancerious. I have wanted to test tyranitar mega too.

Teambuilding :

At first, I'd need a weather inducer, and I wanted to test Tyranitar mega, with this panel of resistances, his movepool is too amazing, if a team was not prepared, it's ending in a 6-0.

I'd love play Landorus-I in a sandstorm team, he was so powerfull, he can OHKO so much of threats with SR+sand damages. Landorus-I can let free tyranitar to set up.

With this two, I'm weak to Keldeo specs, I haven't anything to tank his Hydro Pump, so I have choose Amoonguss, he can asleep and para for Tyranitar set up easily.

Okay, Amoonguss was my specially wall, but the physically ? Who is ? I have choose Slowbro because I'd love so much the core regenerator, he allows to switch in without fear to die with the stealth rock, and Slowbro can wall Landorus-T, Charizard X and many other things.

At the moment, I don't have any spinner, and under the sand, in my opinion, Excadrill was the must. He can late game sweep, a good offensive typing, he was perfect on my team.

I have a spinner, a defensive core, I had choose a trapper, for kill ferrothorn especially, I really have trouble with him, Gothitelle is the best choice, because he can trap Rotom-W too, and I didn't have anything for kill him.

Team at a glance :

♪♪ Godzilla ♪♪ (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I'd really love this set, if I can set up 1-2 dragon dance, the fight is finish. I had choose Stone Edge for the stab, but I doubt this is the best option, I think replace this by Ice Punch for Landorus-Therian, but I can put Fire Punch too for Ferrothorn, I don't know at the moment. This repart was choose to outspeed timid Thundurus after mevo, before the suspect, I played jolly with 208 speed for outspeed timid Greninja, but now this is useless.

Weaknesses: Bug, Fairy, Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water
Resistances: Dark, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Normal, Poison
Immunities: Psychic

♪♪ Lolita ♪♪ (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Energy Ball

This is my baby, I really looooove to play him, I have him in 70% of my team. He allows me to trap Ferrothorn with HP Fire, Conkeldurr, Venusaur with psyshock and Rotom-W with Energy Ball, He allows to Tyranitar an easily set up. The spread isn't really the must, if anyone can help me to improve these things, it would be cool.

Weaknesses: Bug, Dark, Ghost
Resistances: Fighting, Psychic
Immunities: None

♪♪ Djinn ♪♪ (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Psychic

Landorus-I is my sweeper special, with the stealth rock and sand damage, he OHKO so many things. I had choose Psychic for Venusaur mega, because except Gothitelle, I haven't anything for him. He can kill the threats of my regenerator core.

Weaknesses: Ice, Water
Resistances: Bug, Fighting, Poison
Immunities: Electric, Ground

♪♪ DrillStorm ♪♪ (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head​

Excadrill is the best spinner under the sandstorm, he can set up the sr, and late game clean, I'm really not sure 252 evs speed are really obligatory. I choose adamant because with the sand, his speed was doubled, and he don't want more speed in my opinion.

Weaknesses: Fighting, Fire, Ground, Water
Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel
Immunities: Electric, Poison

♪♪ Amanita ♪♪ (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Amoonguss was my special wall, he works especially with Slowbro, with regenerator. I had choose to play double spore because, he allows to Tyranitar an easily set up. Clear smog was here for Clefable / Keldeo sub cm ( we see more and more atm ).

Weaknesses: Fire, Flying, Ice, Psychic
Resistances: Electric, Fairy, Fighting, Grass, Water
Immunities: None​

♪♪ Keep cool ♪♪ (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave​

Slowbro was my physicall wall, with amoonguss, he form a pretty good core, with regenerator. I choose Thunder Wave for charizard X, because after 1 DD, I can't stop him. And the Rocky Helmet is for Talonflame, he die frequently on his recoil + the helmet.

Slowbro (ignoring abilities):
Weaknesses: Bug, Dark, Electric, Ghost, Grass
Resistances: Fighting, Fire, Ice, Psychic, Steel, Water
Immunities: None

Export :
♪♪ Godzilla ♪♪ (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

♪♪ Lolita ♪♪ (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Energy Ball

Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Psychic

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

♪♪ Amanita ♪♪ (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

♪♪ Keep cool ♪♪ (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

Well, it's the end of this "RMT" thanks for you to read this. And sorry for my english, i'm terribad.​

Last edited:
I like this team alot specially cuz you dont see mega tar alot and it is a good counterpart to rain offense but one thing that this team is weak to is stall especially with things like skarmory which goth deals with and chansey I'd change stealth rocks on drill to rock slide since sand rush rocks is bad because you lose coverage you should take off u turn on lando for rocks or psychic since lando already has coverage to beat whats in its way. Id replace Gothitelle with sub+cm keldeo to beat mew and chansey but goth is fine since it traps skarm for tar. If you do plan on changing it I'll leave the set down below. Foul play over stun spore on amoon helps you deal with gengar since your gardevoir is specs which should be off better running scarf to beat gengar and keldeo. The last one is Ice punch over Stone edge is the best set for dd tar rn especially if you run into gliscor or Landorus -t since edge kills zard which at +1 crunch kills zard y and eq kills zard x at +1 thats pretty much for now solid team overall Good Job!

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Psyshock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Thanks for your reply, Keldeo sub cm looks like really good, but have you a spread for him please ? I don't know if I play 252 speed or HP for him.

Thanks for your reply, Keldeo sub cm looks like really good, but have you a spread for him please ? I don't know if I play 252 speed or HP for him.
just run standard 252 speed and 252 spatk and 4 in def hp doesnt help imo i guess you can work around it but the evs I suggested are the ones I usually use and it works the best :]

I still think Jolly nature is the way to go on DDTar. You lose to alakazam and some scarfers always with Adamant

Edit: For example, +spe scarfchomp will always beat a +2 Spe Adamant MTar, but loses to +2 Jolly MTar. Also, you lose to max speed adamant bisharp before you MEvo with Adamant - Jolly beats it by 4 points.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks solid, however, I have a few suggestions regarding the sets you're running. Firstly, I would run Focus Blast over Hidden Power Ice on Landorus-I. This is important since it enables you to hit Skarmory and deal much more damage to Ferrothorn which otherwise wall Tyranitar and Excadrill, and although Gothitelle can trap and remove it, most Skarmorys and many Ferrothorns carry Shed Shell so Gothitelle won't always be able to remove them from play. It also enables you to 2HKO physically defensive Mandibuzz. Knock Off is also a decent option for crippling Chansey while removing Shed Shells for Gothitelle, but you already have U-Turn for Latis and Gothitelle traps Chansey anyway so I don't think it's as good an option as Focus Blast. Hidden Power Ice really doesn't hit much besides SpD Gliscor which is a threat, but can be handles by Amoonguss and Slowbro pretty easily, and besides, it's not actually able to stop Mega-Tyraniter who OHKOs it with Stone Edge if it gets to +2.

Also, I don't think putting Stealth Rocks on Excadrill is a good idea. Given that it's your cleaner, it won't be doing much until late-game and it's not that great a rock setter overral. It also needs the moveslot for Rock Slide otherwise it can't reliably check Talonflame or Mega-Pinsir. I would move Stealth Rocks on Landorus-I instead : it's a better SR setter for its ability to force switches and put in more work early-game. I don't see you needing U-Turn too much : although it does let you scout and pivot into Gothitelle, taking Life Orb damage while U-Turning is never a great idea and Lando-I is better off just dealing damage most of the time.

Bisharp looks extremely threatening to this team : if it gets to +2, which it can very easily on Gothitelle, absolutely nothing stops it and it completely sweeps your team. Another massive threat is Belly Drum Azumarill, if it gets a BD off absolutely nothing stops it, not even Amoonguss and who are OHKOd by +6 Knock Off (which is now compatible with Belly Drum on Azumarill). Mega-Gallade The best way I can see of dealing with this would be running Quagsire over Slowbro. It also acts as a and protects you from setup sweepers in general which this team is weak to. It does break your Regenerator core and isn't as good as Slowbro overall, but it does stop you from getting completely swept by a few threats so I think it's worth it.

Finally, I would run a Choice Scarf on Gothitelle. Although it's nice to have extra power to secure KOs on defensive Pokemon, you are very weak to Mega-Heracross who destroys your regenerator core, your best check being Landorus-I who can only switch in once on any given move. With a Choice Scarf, Gothitelle cen actually revenge kill it and completely remove it from play.

Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Yawn / Encore

♪♪ Lolita ♪♪ (Gothitelle) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Energy Ball

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
astroshagger and Albacore, thanks for your reply, for the quagsire, I have test him, and I found it really works well, and for Gothitelle, It's true, he can trapkill Heracross, and I terriweak to him.

My small suggestion:
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Focus Blast / Calm Mind
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

I personally like the Calm Mind variant of Lando, but I agree with an above posted that Focus Miss is really good coverage. My suggestion is to run Sludge Wave on Landorus so it's not set-up bait for BD Azumarill (which cleans up the team if it sets up) and can bop it with a SE move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)