Smogon Forums

GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
see lots of times the problem is I'm at work and I'll see these and I can't listen. So send me a reminder sometime in the future
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
First=garbage, so generic punk in the worst way. Second is actually incredible even though it's so similar. One it's got that ska stuff. Second, the passive-aggressive title "all my friends are metalheads" juxtaposed with the "you don't really know this girl!! you don't know anything" hits the punk vibes without being literally "these are kids who r rebelling". And a key change lul.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
dragonforce: boring. "Life is an endless rat race of pain". Yawn.

It also sounds a lot like black widow, a song that is less crowded even though it's still bad
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
LOL I just got to the chorus. Boring.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
the comments tho lol

H O L D O N , S T A Y S T R O N G

I really like the first one simply in terms of music but I already was familiar with this band before finding the song. I agree the lyrics are total bullshit though, it's like trying to recreate Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd. But overall I like it, the composition is unique.

All My Best Friends are Metalheads is awesome in every way tho! glad you agree. Actually it was in Digimon the movie lul. The American version just put in as many 2000s pop songs as they could (which is actually how I discovered One Week)
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
the kids of tomorrow dont need today becaues they live in the sins of yesterday is actually the worst line of all time
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
hey but it uses a poetic technique to join past present and future into one sentence!!

nah but like I said the lyrics are bullshit. But it's the same kind of "spread anarchy" bullshit I love to enjoy ironically lol
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
"the same instrument" you mean, a guitar?

also I like cannot listen to the 6teen song anymore, it just makes me too sad. Like I will never be 16 ever again. Not only that but it was 5-4 years ago. It's only getting further and further away :(((

it was p awesome though, cuz it was when I joined Smogon. but I didn't get out much cuz I was doing homeschool at the time
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I was gonna say if you like punk ska you should check out Reel Big Fish but then I remembered you are the one who introduced me to them
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
But I only know one song of them LOL. I didn't realize I introduced you