Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a short talk about this with a mod in the showdown help chat, and they told me it seemed worth reporting here: It looks like Meloetta's Pirouette form uses its special attack to do damage with tera blast, despite physical being higher.
Screenshot 2023-09-27 230548.png

Someone else tested in the calculator as well afterwards, agreeing with the statement of being bugged.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
1695908221212.png

In BH, the above set's suggested spread has 31 Attack IVs despite having 0 physical attacks. The IVs are already 31 when moving to the stats tab after choosing the moves. Copying this set onto some other Pokemon (Chansey, Eternatus, Kyogre-Primal) gave them 0 Attack IVs, but Koraidon having the set gave 31.

I had a short talk about this with a mod in the showdown help chat, and they told me it seemed worth reporting here: It looks like Meloetta's Pirouette form uses its special attack to do damage with tera blast, despite physical being higher.
Tera blast can only become physical when the pokemon has terastallized, otherwise it's always special regardless of stats. Under this condition, the calc seems to be doing it correctly.

In BH, the above set's suggested spread has 31 Attack IVs despite having 0 physical attacks. The IVs are already 31 when moving to the stats tab after choosing the moves. Copying this set onto some other Pokemon (Chansey, Eternatus, Kyogre-Primal) gave them 0 Attack IVs, but Koraidon having the set gave 31.
Under normal circumstances Miraidon and Koraidon can only be obtained with 31 ATK IVs. The client doesn't bother checking for BH when suggesting this.

Alright, so I've been encountering a bug in Gen 9 Free For All for a few months now, and tonight I got a much better grasp on it. Maybe not perfect, but a lot better than before.

From what I've tested tonight, if you have a single pokemon on your team, it cannot select any moves that target an opponent, status or attack, until after the users ability has activated. The full moveset will show on the screen, but moves that affect opponents cannot be tapped on a touch screen or used when clicked on with a cursor. I have no replays or screenshots. I am unsure of any possible further implications this bug might have on the Free For All format, but i think it should be looked into.

True, but Insomnia should protect against Yawn’s initial drowsiness status, too. It not doing that against Espeon is a bug.
Apparently neither Insomnia nor Vital Spirit protect against Yawn, although Flower Veil, Leaf Guard and Sweet Veil do. Electric Terrain, Misty Terrain and Safeguard also apparently block Yawn itself as well as the Sleep status.

Apparently neither Insomnia nor Vital Spirit protect against Yawn, although Flower Veil, Leaf Guard and Sweet Veil do. Electric Terrain, Misty Terrain and Safeguard also apparently block Yawn itself as well as the Sleep status.
I went and tested it in-game myself before posting. I used Yawn on a wild Spinarak, and Insomnia activated immediately to block it.

(Came from this convo in help chat)

So there's this thing I've been noticing for quite a while about Ursaluna-Bloodmoon being unable to use its egg moves in Pokémon Showdown. I'm aware that it is unable to be bred, but in the mainline games it should be able to learn the moves through the use of Mimic Herb due to Bloodmoon being in the Field Egg Group (by clearing a move slot and having a picnic with another Pokemon in the same Egg Group with the move).

I currently do not have the DLC right now, but I could ask a fellow user to send me the footage later (if needed). The info's not on Bloodmoon's Bulbapedia and Smogon pages, and my sources may not be that credible (I knew it through Japanese websites like this one which states that you could use Mirror Herb to copy the moves and youtube videos like this one at 13:36 in which Bloodmoon uses Yawn), but I wanted to mention it since it hasn't been stated for quite a while

Attachments

(Came from this convo in help chat)

So there's this thing I've been noticing for quite a while about Ursaluna-Bloodmoon being unable to use its egg moves in Pokémon Showdown. I'm aware that it is unable to be bred, but in the mainline games it should be able to learn the moves through the use of Mimic Herb due to Bloodmoon being in the Field Egg Group (by clearing a move slot and having a picnic with another Pokemon in the same Egg Group with the move).

I currently do not have the DLC right now, but I could ask a fellow user to send me the footage later (if needed). The info's not on Bloodmoon's Bulbapedia and Smogon pages, and my sources may not be that credible (I knew it through Japanese websites like this one which states that you could use Mirror Herb to copy the moves and youtube videos like this one at 13:36 in which Bloodmoon uses Yawn), but I wanted to mention it since it hasn't been stated for quite a while
You can definitely breed Bloodmoon to get Teddiursa, people here have confirmed that much.

Hisuan Samurott choice scarfed (seen earlier in the recording outsped a max speed stat ddanced baxcalibur. Only two Pokémon were left. There was nothing else. What am I missing? This seems like a huge bug, because it decided the game.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1957068486-knon1l2yfz9zg38ajujpuoe6sw6361ppw

My set:
Baxcalibur @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Icicle Spear

BUG STATUS: Not a bug, your Baxcalibur was Adamant. (Lionyx)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was playing Sharing is Caring and noticed that single use items activated on switch in.
My opponent started with Indeedee-F and it activated its White Herb even though no stats were dropped.
Similarly, my opponent's Dragapult switched in and its Weakness Policy activated without any hit.
Their Tsareena's weakness policy activated only when my Weavile used a super-effective Ice type move.

Here's the line to the match:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharingiscaring-1957505509-y0ees72s844khgkl08rbjrmpiirubitpw

1696231900645.png

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-1957548090

weird situation where i tricked a tauros-paldea-water under a sub with infiltrator Seviper and A) Tauros is shown with "No item" despite my opponent saying it is Scarf (and it should be) and B) Tauros still ate the Sitrus with Cud Chew (which i assume is why the Choice Scarf dissapeared) so for a moment it had 2 items and I don't think it's normal

idk which part of this is wrong/a bug in the game/badly implemented but the visual bug of the Choice Scarf not appearing is an issue anyway

first time doing this hopefully I didn't miss anything :x

Screenshot 2023-10-02 11.12.08.png

Screenshot 2023-10-02 11.12.47.png

Hello I have recently experienced a bug which I've never seen before

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1957737339

In this replay I have cud chew on my farigiraf (guaranteed that's the ability as I've been using this team for days on end and haven't edited at all) and for some reason it didn't activate at the end of the next turn after I have eaten my Starf berry.
This interaction normally works as so:
Farigiraf eats the berry at end of turn
Protect to avoid damage next turn
Farigiraf eats the Starf berry again at end of "Protect" turn

the only reasoning I can think of that for the ability being affected is the poisoned state, which I rarely have happen as Farigiraf needs to live at a very specific percentage to be simultaneously at/below 25% to activate the berry AND live 2 turns of poison damage[~24%]

edit: I hadn't realized the berry activated AFTER being brought into pinch berry range by the poison, which may have had something to do with the interaction in skewing "order of operations" during the turn. Though according to the description of the ability, it should have still procced next turn as a berry was in fact consumed the turn previous.
I believe therein lies the issue but some more investigation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Whenever you reload a page, your teams you've uploaded to the Showdown database may get duplicated, though it's a bit inconsistent. For instance, I recently uploaded a team for 350 Cup. After reloading the page a few times, my teambuilder now looks like this:
Screenshot 2023-10-02 104828.png

I later uploaded another team as a test and reloaded my page, and it also duplicated:
Screenshot 2023-10-02 104835.png

However, reloading the page no longer seems to cause this, so I'm unsure if this has been patched or if it's just inconsistent or something.

I've noticed a bug in battling using eject pack torkoal. On turn zero when leading eject pack torkoal, it gets ejected out by intimidate landorus before drought activates. This is not accurate to what happens on cartridge, where all abilities on the field activate (including torkoal's drought), and then torkoal's eject pack activates to switch it out. I've recreated this in cartridge recently altough I don't have video of it handy.

Edit: glitched interaction on showdown:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1957915613-tndj74k5fr7ksrewylmqbgzqblnstl0pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1958113780-b0vdh3fgiy2xioweuj1r0jwt8z79egzpw

Last edited:
Hello I have recently experienced a bug which I've never seen before

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1957737339

In this replay I have cud chew on my farigiraf (guaranteed that's the ability as I've been using this team for days on end and haven't edited at all) and for some reason it didn't activate at the end of the next turn after I have eaten my Starf berry.
This interaction normally works as so:
Farigiraf eats the berry at end of turn
Protect to avoid damage next turn
Farigiraf eats the Starf berry again at end of "Protect" turn

the only reasoning I can think of that for the ability being affected is the poisoned state, which I rarely have happen as Farigiraf needs to live at a very specific percentage to be simultaneously at/below 25% to activate the berry AND live 2 turns of poison damage[~24%]
I believe therein lies the issue but some more investigation would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Adding that there is nothing in the descriptions of any move or ability used in this battle by either party which would constitute cud chew not activating. It absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, should have gone off but the interaction simply didn't happen.

Can someone please tell me how booster energy interacts with sticky web? Because it seems completely inconsistent. In one replay, it activates before sticky web lowers the pokemon's speed, giving iron moth a speed boost. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1958072043
In another replay, it activates after webs lowers the pokemon's speed, giving iron valiant an attack boost. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1958127889
One way or another this is an inconsistency and a bug that needs to be fixed but I'm not sure which way it works on cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)