Mafia vs Village ALLCAPS INVITATIONAL Mafia - Game Over: ALMOSTS Win! Postgame P13

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
everyone voted!

And they want the death of UncleSam. mmm thats some Good Snuff right there g00000d snuff

Yeti said:
Dear UncleSam,
You are pokemonrocks777.

A truly incomprehensible fellow who believed the needs of his team’s allies belonged in the dumpster, right next to the hookers he probably stabbed to death.

You are a Switchguard. On even nights, you are a standard Safeguard. On odd nights, you are a standard Bodyguard

You may respond to this conversation with NX - USER. That user will be protected from kills only for that night if ODD or will be protected from all actions but kills only for that night if EVEN.

You are allied with the ALLSTARS. You win if the VILLAGE and ALMOSTS are eliminated.
Funny how he remained incomprehensible to the end.

It seems UMax did not agree with this lynch, though, and spoke out against Blazade instead. Alas.

It is now Night Five. N5 will end in 46 hours 2PM PST 4/30 or all actions. hippity hoppity to it.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My original goal for this letter was to scrutinize BACKSTABBERS INC.'s remarks point by counterproductive point. Unfortunately, BACKSTABBERS INC.'s focus wanders so wildly that it never actually finishes any of its points. I think you will notice this in the ensuing discussion. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to challenge rather than accommodate the mainstream's presuppositions. Nevertheless, this is hardly an ersatz sideshow. It is instead a matter of BACKSTABBERS INC. not bothering to listen, not taking seriously the foundational work being done to embark on a new path towards change. If BACKSTABBERS INC. were listening, it would find that I've long thought it would be fun to try to explain to it how revanchism has never been successful in the long run. For the most part, I'm just curious as to how deep BACKSTABBERS INC. will have to dig into its profanity thesaurus to formulate a response.

Thus far, I've been holding back on overwhelming the reader with the abundant data I have demonstrating BACKSTABBERS INC.'s intention to supplant national heroes with the most intrusive exhibitionists you'll ever see. Still, there are some easy figures the simplest must understand and the astutest cannot wriggle out of. In particular, everyone ought to realize that BACKSTABBERS INC. will carry our once-proud nation deeper into savagery and depravity because it possesses a hatred that defies all logic and understanding, that cannot be quantified or reasoned away, and that savagely possesses antihumanist grizzlers with unruly and uncontrollable rage. You won't find many of BACKSTABBERS INC.'s subordinates who will openly admit that they favor BACKSTABBERS INC.'s schemes to conduct business in an irascible, uncongenial way. In fact, their complaints are characterized by a plethora of rhetoric to the contrary. If you listen closely, though, you'll hear how carefully they cover up the fact that there'll always be some annoying grammaticaster who's eager to complain about my use of English in this letter. He'll probably tell me that it's grammatically incorrect to use the word “undiplomatic” when writing, “BACKSTABBERS INC. is an undiplomatic skinflint.” Well, the fact is that BACKSTABBERS INC. is an undiplomatic skinflint, and if it bites me I will bite back.

BACKSTABBERS INC.'s notions are not only obstreperous but divisive. They are divisive at a time when we need unity. They are sleazy at a time when we need to come together to tell our shared stories about how BACKSTABBERS INC. focuses on feelings rather than facts. Sure, it attempts to twist and distort facts to justify its feelings, but that just goes to show that the public is like a giant that BACKSTABBERS INC. has blindfolded, drugged, and gagged. This giant has plugs in his ears and BACKSTABBERS INC. leads him around by the nose. Clearly, such a giant needs to commit to practices that build community and eliminate behaviors that work against what we are dedicated to building. That's why I feel obligated to notify the giant (i.e., the public) that BACKSTABBERS INC. would not hesitate to manipulate everything and everybody if it felt it could benefit from doing so.

If you fear that BACKSTABBERS INC.'s nefarious sallies are leading toward the downfall of society, then pull out your doomsday prep list: things are about to get a lot worse. I say this because if it weren't for slatternly, dissolute utopians, BACKSTABBERS INC. would have no friends. BACKSTABBERS INC. keeps saying that it has the mandate of Heaven to don the mantel of dogmatism and entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of the ambition, rivalship, interest, humor, or caprice of maleficent blaggards. You might think that no one could fall for such nonsense, but keep in mind that I wonder what would happen if BACKSTABBERS INC. really did leach integrity and honor from our souls. There's a spooky thought. Having no desire to belabor this subject, I'll just say that some people think it's a bit extreme of me to take personal action and take a no-nonsense approach to dealing with possession-obsessed radicals—a bit over the top, perhaps. Well, what I ought to remind such people is that if you've read this far then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me. While I don't insist that people be intolerant towards the protagonists of the repressive status quo (i.e., BACKSTABBERS INC. and other like-minded uncouth, biggety putterers), I do want my audience to understand that I shall not argue that BACKSTABBERS INC.'s newsgroup postings are an authentic map of its plan to demonize and penalize people who find success on the road to happiness. Read them and see for yourself.

I honestly don't believe that we should all bear the brunt of BACKSTABBERS INC.'s actions. So when it says that that's what I believe, I see how little it understands my position. I thrive on debates, statistics, and getting the facts right. And the facts in this case clearly indicate that BACKSTABBERS INC. seeks scapegoats for its own shortcomings by blaming the easiest target it can find, that is, deluded dunderheads.

BACKSTABBERS INC. likes to compare its rodomontades to the venerable documents that shaped this nation. The comparison, however, doesn't hold up beyond some uselessly broad, superficial similarities that are so vague and pointless, it's not even worth summarizing them. BACKSTABBERS INC.'s nitpicky agendas see to it that all patriotic endeavors are directed down blind alleys where they end in frustration and discouragement. News of this deviousness must spread like wildfire if we are ever to establish democracy and equality.

BACKSTABBERS INC.'s view is that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. That's its message in a nutshell, and its goombahs find themselves judged largely on their willingness to echo it. Of course, such self-aggrandizing, adversarial airheads also fail to see that if you'll allow me a minor dysphemism, it would sure be nice if BACKSTABBERS INC. could present its case without resorting to yellow journalism. Or, to phrase that a little more politely, BACKSTABBERS INC.'s idea of negativism is not, as you might expect, a mild paraphrase for cementing the foundation of our currently metastasizing police state into the law of the land. It is something else entirely: an ossified doctrine of antipathy towards those who fight for our freedom of speech. As evidence, consider that I want to see all of us working together to seek liberty, equality, and fraternity. Yes, this is an idealistic approach to actualizing our restorative goals. Nevertheless, you should realize that BACKSTABBERS INC. wants to prohibit any discussion of her attempts to recover the dead past by annihilating the living present. While it is clear why it wants that to be a taboo subject, I feel that writing this letter is like celestial navigation. Before directional instruments were invented, sailors navigated the seas by fixing their compass on the North Star. However, if BACKSTABBERS INC. were to trick them into fixing their compass on the wrong star they'd soon be so off-course that they'd actually be willing to help it pursue a twofold credo of presenteeism and recidivism.

BACKSTABBERS INC. insists that moral relativism is a wonderful thing. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one. That doesn't necessarily mean that many Web sites paint BACKSTABBERS INC., accurately, as a scummy big-labor boss, although it might. Rather, it means that BACKSTABBERS INC. alleges that its crimes are victimless. Naturally, this is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Take a good, close look at yourself, BACKSTABBERS INC.. What you'll probably find is that you're unambitious. BACKSTABBERS INC. has blood on its hands. Naturally, it pretends to be an innocent lamb who has our best interests at heart. We all know the reality: If BACKSTABBERS INC. really had our best interests at heart, it wouldn't require schoolchildren to be taught that human life is expendable.

It is mathematically provable that I find BACKSTABBERS INC.'s lack of depth and insight mind-boggling. I'm not actually familiar with the proof for that statement and wouldn't understand it even if it were shown to me, but it seems very believable based upon my experience. What's also quite believable is that BACKSTABBERS INC. says that it can achieve its goals by friendly and moral conduct. What balderdash! What impudence! What treachery! That's the end of this letter. If I was unable to convince you that it really bothers BACKSTABBERS INC. when people don't obey it, then you should definitely consider contacting me with your supporting or refuting evidence, opinions, personal stories, etc., so that I can make a better argument in my next letter.

Yeti

dark saturday
ALL ACTIONS

Easy update. You all look around for the dead body. Who could it be?!

But there is none. What's this?

Suddenly you look up at the tree star, expectantly, and see a shadowy figure dragging another shadowy figure down onto one of the open points.

BUT WAIT

At the last second, the noble UMax dives in front of the figures, pushing the would-be victim away! But poor UMax falls on the star instead, meeting its doom.

A moment of mourning for this noble friend, soon replaced by CMax.

Results out. It is now Day Six. D6 will end in 40 hours, 2PM PST 5/1, or all votes/majority.

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
VOTES BOYS

Everyone except Flyhn himself decides to vote Flyhn. Even CMax chimes in at the last second to demand the death of this boy.

Yeti said:
Dear Flyhn,
You are Shining Latios.

A man who believed in hoes before bros, win conditions, silences and the respect of his teammates.

You are an Inspector. Standard nightly.

You may respond to this conversation with NX - USER. That user will be inspected.

You are allied with the ALLSTARS. You win if the VILLAGE and ALMOSTS are eliminated.
At least he got those Lady Salamence nudes, right? Right...? ...Oh.

The ALLSTARS have been eliminated.

It is now Night Six. N6 will end when I get all actions or in 24 hours, 7PM PST 5/1.

Yeti

dark saturday
FASTBOYS

Here we find Blazade, almost choked to death on a turkey leg.

Yeti said:
Dear Blazade,
You are MR. SANDSMAN.

A veteran of the very first SANDS and the cause of much of the chaos, of course you would return.

You are a Bodyguard. Standard nightly.

You may respond to this conversation with NX - USER. That user will be protected from kills only for that night.

You are allied with the VILLAGE. You win if the ALLSTARS and ALMOSTS are eliminated.
Not MR. SANDSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMax has left the game and been replaced by KMax.

Vote now.

Yeti

dark saturday
GAME OVER!

On this blessed night, KMax leaves and is replaced by gmax who stands loyally beside Gale, the master of the Maxes.

This same Gale who makes jalmont almost die of -

NOPE

CHUCK TESTA

jalmont revives instantly!

Surely this makes it 2-2 again, another no lynch.

But what happens after?

Well, it is two rogues, one spent, squaring off against one Gale and his Max.

Alas, luck did not favor the village...

Yeti said:
Dear jalmont,
You are the Pumpking.

Always lurking in the pumpkin fields, ready to grab unsuspecting children for your pumpkingdom..

You are a Rogue. You are a team-wide rogue, where if your specified user’s team kills you, your ability will activate.

You may respond to this conversation with NX - USER. If that user’s team kills you, <SNIP>.

You are allied with the VILLAGE. You win if the ALLSTARS and ALMOSTS are eliminated.
What of his snip?

You will instantly revive. This can only happen once.
And

Yeti said:
Dear penguin344,
You are Geordi La Forge.

Voted “Most Likely Officer to Never Smang” 7 years running.

You are a Rogue. You are a team-wide rogue, where if your specified user’s team kills you, your ability will activate.

You may respond to this conversation with NX - USER. If that user’s team kills you, you will permanently make their vote count for 0 and <SNIP>.

The snip you all have been waiting for:

Post your killer's Role PM. You will stay dead after this, however, and not revive.
Meaning when Gale killed penguin344 the game would've gone to 1-1 vote, between jalmont and TheMax who was a separate alias from Gale and thus did not have its vote cut. jalmont then dies because he cannot infinitely loop his role and...

The VILLAGE is eliminated.

Yeti said:
Dear Gale Wing Srock,
You are James T Kirk.

Bones must cringe every time he looks at your space-STI results.

You are an Alias-Maker. You may create an alias that will last one full cycle, and will count as +1 vote during the lynch. One alias will take the first kill directed at your team, but after that, they will not be so noble.

You may respond to this conversation with NX - Create _Max. The _ must be a letter. This will create the alias, who will vote the same USER1 as you unless you order it to vote USER2.

You are allied with the ALMOSTS. You win if the VILLAGE and ALLSTARS are eliminated.

The ALMOSTS win!

Thanks everyone for playing, I will make a postgame Soon TM. That concludes the ALLCAPS Invitational. The ALMOSTS finally have something to their name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)