Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Only hurricane is mandatory on a life orb tornadus-therian set, from there it is really customizable for whatever the team needs. The less appealing option on life orb torn-t by far is u-turn. Even taunt is solid on it.

Hp Ice have been seeing tons of usage lately cause it helps dealing with opposing garchomp and lando-t and this helps a ton of different pokemon that are either walled or stopped by these 2 (particularly defensive sets).

I've been inactive for a while so the metagame changed i guess. Why zard x dropped from S rank? why keldeo and Tornadus-t rose? (well, torn-t is not rare in s rank) manaphy is still a monster? what is the dominant playstyle nowadays and what are the most common teams?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been inactive for a while so the metagame changed i guess. Why zard x dropped from S rank? why keldeo and Tornadus-t rose? (well, torn-t is not rare in s rank) manaphy is still a monster? what is the dominant playstyle nowadays and what are the most common teams?
CharX dropped due to the rise in usage of PhysDef Helmet Lando-T and sand. Manaphy dropped due to the offense shift brought about by the Shadow Tag ban making it harder for it to function consistently. Keldeo and Torn-T rose due to the metagame trends being mostly favorable. The dominant playstyle rn is definitely offense because stall has a hard time of it due to the extreme power creep in relation to previous gens and due to it no longer being able to abuse Gothitelle to take out major stallbreakers like Manaphy.

p2

Banned deucer.
hyper offense is the fastest way to ladder. playing multiple games at once with a team you know really well also works, but playing 2+ games at once makes you more likely to misplay, but i usually go until 1400/1500 with 3 games at once then slow down to 2 games at once until 1600-1700 then i usually play just 1 at a time afterwards.

Where I can get OU Teams ? Or is it better to build Myself my own Teams ?
Usually it's better to use your own teams since you know the ins and outs of the team better, what specific EVs/IVs are set for, and what mons (besides the obvious ones) give your team trouble and need to be played around. Obviously you can figure this all out with teams other people built, but the team building process reveals all this stuff faster than playing matches.

Taking other people's teams is better if your new to competitive mons or if your stuck on the ladder w/ one of your own teams. Or if it's a really dope team

hyper offense is the fastest way to ladder. playing multiple games at once with a team you know really well also works, but playing 2+ games at once makes you more likely to misplay, but i usually go until 1400/1500 with 3 games at once then slow down to 2 games at once until 1600-1700 then i usually play just 1 at a time afterwards.
thanks fam

Is it just me or is it a trend for the ladder players to not pack hazard removals even when they use Rocks-weak mons? I'm in the 1400-1600 range (yeah, quite low, I know) and I've encountered quite a few players who run Mega Pinsir, Mega Zards, Talonflame, Dragonite, etc. without a Spinner / Defogger.

These teams also tend to not have a Rocks setter (they have Heatran / Lando-T but the Stealth Rock move isn't used in the battle even when they have the chance).

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Is it just me or is it a trend for the ladder players to not pack hazard removals even when they use Rocks-weak mons? I'm in the 1400-1600 range (yeah, quite low, I know) and I've encountered quite a few players who run Mega Pinsir, Mega Zards, Talonflame, Dragonite, etc. without a Spinner / Defogger.

These teams also tend to not have a Rocks setter (they have Heatran / Lando-T but the Stealth Rock move isn't used in the battle even when they have the chance).
Better not to think about it.

I'm being serious.

Hi,

I'd like to switch to using gen 6 mechanics, i'm most familiar with gen 3. Where can I find information about the changes to competitive battling (e.g
notable new abilities/items/moves/pokemon/strategies and mechanics changes) since gen 3 for OU and Ubers? A lot of the information I see is more useful for those already familiar with the generation.

Thanks

Being an avid user of Mega Metagross, I am well aware that it suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome. Assuming it's first 3 moves are Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt and Hammer Arm, what do you like to use in the fourth moveslot? (I'm talking about an all-out-attacking Mega Metagross of course) Just want to get your input to better my decision.

p2

Banned deucer.
ice punch is one of the best 4th move options at the moment but bullet punch is great because it lets you check weavile while grass knot gets past slowbro and hippowdon. really, it just comes down to what fits on your team better.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
On top of what p2 said Pursuit is also good as well if you're using it to support something like a Keldeo to remove Latios out of the picture.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ice Punch is extremely good with fat grounds being so common, but bullet punch is good for revenging shit if u lack priority, but i dont really like grass knot since meta wears down most of its checks quickly regardless

how does a specs keldeo with scald, secret sword, icy wind and hp electric sound? basically it's hydro pump in exchange for a coverage move - is it worth it?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
how does a specs keldeo with scald, secret sword, icy wind and hp electric sound? basically it's hydro pump in exchange for a coverage move - is it worth it?
Hydro Pump is one of Specs Keld's biggest selling points because it is a literal nuke, so I wouldn't sacrifice it for extra coverage. With a set like that you might as well run LO so that you can at least switch up moves to make the extra coverage easier to abuse.

How to make mega Ttar work? I just really like this mon, but there is too much things which stop dd sweep. I tryed sub-dd set, but both STABS don't give him enough coverage.

Dd+crunch+edge+blizzard was nice, but fighting types and whisp/twave is still issue.

I haven't played Pokemon Showdown for about an year now, but I want to get back into it. What are the major meta changes in the game over the past year, particularly in the OU tier? I have 3 sample teams I used last year, I'm wondering if I queued a match with these teams right now, how viable they would be? http://pastebin.com/iCmuJ7ZA

Thanks.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I haven't played Pokemon Showdown for about an year now, but I want to get back into it. What are the major meta changes in the game over the past year, particularly in the OU tier? I have 3 sample teams I used last year, I'm wondering if I queued a match with these teams right now, how viable they would be? http://pastebin.com/iCmuJ7ZA

Thanks.
they wouldn't be terrible, but I can definitely tell that they are outdated.

Team 1: this is pretty solid, but you could use banded scizor>terrak (or something else that checks the three threats im about to name) to check hoopa, megazam, and kyub better

Team 2: Lando-i is banned so lol

Team 3: interesting sabletalon balance, but talon+tran is redundant and u should replace one of the two, and breloom has like no utility on that team bar checking a couple mons

out of the three, team 1 is probably the best

Hydro Pump is one of Specs Keld's biggest selling points because it is a literal nuke, so I wouldn't sacrifice it for extra coverage. With a set like that you might as well run LO so that you can at least switch up moves to make the extra coverage easier to abuse.
well thanks for clearing up that misconception xd

How to make mega Ttar work? I just really like this mon, but there is too much things which stop dd sweep. I tryed sub-dd set, but both STABS don't give him enough coverage.

Dd+crunch+edge+blizzard was nice, but fighting types and whisp/twave is still issue.
I'd go dual STABs + Ice Punch / Fire Punch,
Why not start with a core and go from there? Pair Ttar with Latias who not only checks Keldeo and Rotom-W but also has Healing Wish and Defog. Then, add in a Fairy / Steel check? Say, possibly Talonflame who can spread burns to the Ground-types, allowing you the freedom to run Fire Punch on Ttar.

Or they use espeon with magic bounce LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)