Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so there's mantine, a Pokemon that, well frankly, sucks. I know it's more of an NU Pokemon, but I really want to try it for OU regardless of it being outclassed by goodra. Ideas on sets? And please don't comment "it can't be done for OU", I know it can't, that's why I'm doing it.

Okay so there's mantine, a Pokemon that, well frankly, sucks. I know it's more of an NU Pokemon, but I really want to try it for OU regardless of it being outclassed by goodra. Ideas on sets? And please don't comment "it can't be done for OU", I know it can't, that's why I'm doing it.

as far as being anything of viable in OU It can't afford to go for damage as its only redeeming quality is its SpDef.

For OU i would probably go with a set like this

Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
Water Absorb/Hydration

Rest/Mirror Coat/Tailwind
Hydro Pump/Scald
Air Slash
Defog

Since it does share a unique typing shared with Gya it can switch in on some standard OU threats like heatran/Char x and get hazards out of the way. You can also use him to your advantage with mirror coat vs Char y Solarbeam, etc etc. Why he isn't really viable plenty of people use lower usage pokemon in OU and can make it work. its all about skill

Would Damp Rock take effect if the pokemon switches into Knock Off?
Like, if my Politoed switched into a Landorus' Knock Off, would Damp Rock still take effect, or would it just be 4 turns of rain?

Would Damp Rock take effect if the pokemon switches into Knock Off?
Like, if my Politoed switched into a Landorus' Knock Off, would Damp Rock still take effect, or would it just be 4 turns of rain?
Politoed would switch in, trigger 8 turns of rain with drizzle, then take the knock off. The next time it comes in, it would only be 5 turns.

How do you deal with mega venasaur and thundurus? Im trying to use thundurus so i need to know his counters and who should assist him and i generally hate venasaur

If it helps, im also considering excadril, aegislash and ferrothorn/forrettress if that helps with the above two questions

How do you deal with mega venasaur and thundurus? Im trying to use thundurus so i need to know his counters and who should assist him and i generally hate venasaur

If it helps, im also considering excadril, aegislash and ferrothorn/forrettress if that helps with the above two questions
You still need to watch out for Sleep Powder and Sludge Bomb, but I know Talonflame can OHKO if Venusaur took some damage (like from Stealth Rock). Kyurem-B can set up a Sub to block Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and Teravolt takes care of Thick Fat. Mega Pinsir and Latios @ Choice Specs can OHKO Mega Venusaur with Return and Psychic respectively, with or without Stealth Rock.

Quick question; does it change anything to put Lucky Egg on your lead and use O-Power EXP boost in order to level with EXP Share, if your lead Pokemon (who will be the only one battling) is level 100?

Quick question; does it change anything to put Lucky Egg on your lead and use O-Power EXP boost in order to level with EXP Share, if your lead Pokemon (who will be the only one battling) is level 100?
We are not sure about the O-Power but Lucky Eggs only affect the carrier, thus is the most effective on a participant because they receive 150% of the Exp instead of 75% (you know, 1.5 * 50% is 75%).

These are the rules of EXP in Gen 6, for each individual opposing pokemon.
(1) Each pokemon that participated (which means it was present on the battlefield at any time) receives 100% of the EXP.
(2) If EXP Share is on, then each non-participating pokemon receives 50% of the EXP.
(3) If the opposing pokemon is owned by a Trainer, then all pokemon that receive EXP gain a x1.5 modifier.
(4) If EXP O-Power level 1/2/3 is active, then all pokemon that receive EXP gain a x1.2/1.5/2.0 modifier.
(5) All additional EXP modifiers are determined for each individual pokemon and modifies only that pokemon's EXP received. Examples of modifiers are Lucky Egg (x1.5) and being a traded pokemon (x1.5).

All EXP modifiers stack multiplicatively.

(There are two additional EXP modifiers that are important to take advantage of if you are power leveling in the Restaurant battles, and they were both introduced in Gen 6. (1) A pokemon with affection level 2 or higher from Pokemon-Amie gets x1.2 modifier to EXP. (2) If a pokemon is at or beyond the level at which it may evolve and has not yet evolved it receives a x1.2 modifier to EXP.)

(Note: In Gen 5, EXP is also modified based on the level difference between the opposing and player pokemon. In all previous generations, EXP is also shared evenly between all pokemon eligible to receive EXP. Gen 6 EXP rules are much more simplified and it has become dramatically easier to level to 100.)

.... in short... giving Lucky Egg to a level 100 pokemon does nothing.

Just for funsies:

The largest possible EXP modifier is x1.5*2.0*1.5*1.5*1.2*1.2=x9.72, for a traded, level 2 affection pokemon that can evolve but has not yet, which holds Lucky Egg and that participates against a Trainer's pokemon, while EXP O-Power level 3 is active.

Actual experience gained is EXP = MOD*BASE*LEVEL/7, where MOD=modifers, BASE=base EXP given by pokemon species, L=level of fainted pokemon. This formula is cut in half for any pokemon that receive EXP solely through EXP Share.

Blissey has the highest BASE with BASE=608, but cannot be found at high levels among Trainers in Gen 6. Audino has the third-highest BASE (after Chansey) with BASE=390. It can be fought in Restaurant Le Wow against a Trainer at level 63. So the highest possible EXP gain from a single pokemon is with a x9.72 player pokemon against this Audino, to give a whopping total of 34,117 EXP.

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Blissey has the highest BASE with BASE=608, but cannot be found at high levels among Trainers in Gen 6. Audino has the third-highest BASE (after Chansey) with BASE=390. It can be fought in Restaurant Le Wow against a Trainer at level 63. So the highest possible EXP gain from a single pokemon is with a x9.72 player pokemon against this Audino, to give a whopping total of 34,117 EXP.
With a black writ of challenge active, the furisode girls at the battle chateau have level 65 audinos

Then I short, the EXP the Pokemons receive via EXP Share are given by the opposing Pokemons and not by the amount of EXP my lead Pokemons receive, correct?

In example, if an enemy Pokemon would give 300 XP and that I had a buff to give 1.5x of that to my Pokemon in battle, the EXP Share would still give 150 EXP and not 225. Exceptions made if these Pokemons had themselves buffs like Lucky Egg, in which cas it would boost the EXP Share total. Is that correct?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Then I short, the EXP the Pokemons receive via EXP Share are given by the opposing Pokemons and not by the amount of EXP my lead Pokemons receive, correct?

In example, if an enemy Pokemon would give 300 XP and that I had a buff to give 1.5x of that to my Pokemon in battle, the EXP Share would still give 150 EXP and not 225. Exceptions made if these Pokemons had themselves buffs like Lucky Egg, in which cas it would boost the EXP Share total. Is that correct?
Think of it like this: none of your own pokemon affect how much XP any of the others get. How much XP they get is all based on what they do -- what item they hold, whether they were in battle, other modifiers on them, and so on.

You still need to watch out for Sleep Powder and Sludge Bomb, but I know Talonflame can OHKO if Venusaur took some damage (like from Stealth Rock). Kyurem-B can set up a Sub to block Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and Teravolt takes care of Thick Fat. Mega Pinsir and Latios @ Choice Specs can OHKO Mega Venusaur with Return and Psychic respectively, with or without Stealth Rock.
What about for thundurus? Who can beat him and who should i have on my team to pair up with him?

Toxic spikes Q. I throw toxic spikes (one layer). Opponent switches and gets poisoned. I throw a 2nd layer. That same poisoned pokemon switches out and in. Is it now under toxic poison or still just regular poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)