Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, presumably from CoroCoro, the official site, etc.
Vire was first reveal on the official site but it make no mentioning of it within any demo at that time so you might be right here. Either way we will only know for certain is that flying rat is a Pachi evo when the game comes out and people hack it to hell and back.

Naxte: I see then I guess I was wrong then. Sorry about that, R_N

I'm not being negative, just being logical. I don't need to "create the game" to make educated guesses about what may or may not happen. And my point doesn't even revolve around not looking alike (in fact, my argument with Wishy pretty much revolved around how similar I feel Pachirisu and Emonga are among the "Electric-type rodent Pikachu clone" archetype), so I don't know why you brought that up.

@R_N: I will admit I think if they do end up being related, it would be weird that it doesn't have its fang anymore.
"It's not gonna happen" "I won't evolve" is being negative

I don't remember Electivire being in the demo either. In fact, the first we saw of it was in a commercial being hit by Lucario's Close Combat, and then I believe it was revealed later on in CoroCoro shortly after.

Pachirisu vs. Emonga...really? Looking at that pic, the tail drastically changes, the arms drastically change, it loses its signature buck teeth, and the color scheme changes almost entirely. Any similarities the two have (cheek markings and eyes) they share with all the others of that group (Plusle, Minun, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu).

"It's not gonna happen" "I won't evolve" is being negative.
Being realistic =/= being negative. People were saying the same about Ariados and Denchura, citing the body shape and the legs (of all things) as evidence for evolution.

I don't remember Electivire being in the demo either. In fact, the first we saw of it was in a commercial being hit by Lucario's Close Combat, and then I believe it was revealed later on in CoroCoro shortly after.

Pachirisu vs. Emonga...really? Looking at that pic, the tail drastically changes, the arms drastically change, and the color scheme changes almost entirely. Any similarities the two have (cheek markings and eyes) they share with all the others of that group (Plusle, Minun, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu).
If it had anything that made Pachirisu really stand out, I'd be inclined to believe it: the fang, the spikes for ears, a slightly fluffier tail, BLUE anywhere on it.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
The cool things is, several really great pokemon already get Strudy, like Skarmory, Magnezone, Forretress, Donphan, Steelix... etc.

Of course, this'll only come in handy in situations where Stealth Rock isn't in play.

WHAT?! O: SOMEONE NOT ARGUING ABOUT WHAT POKEMON MAY OR MAY NOT EVOLVE, WE JUST DON'T KNOW YET?!?!?!?! *gasp*

Yeah I know. There are several pokemon who already have great abilities like this that "basically" give them a second item, such as Yanmega's Speed Boost mimicking (or maybe even besting) a choice scarf. If this proves to be true, i might actually re-RNG a couple of those pokes just for Sturdy!

And as a VGC Player Stealth Rocks will never come into play, so that's not even an issue. This could significantly shift the VGC Metagame?! We'll see.

Vire was first reveal on the official site but it make no mentioning of it within any demo at that time so you might be right here. Either way we will only know for certain is that flying rat is a Pachi evo when the game comes out and people hack it to hell and back.

Naxte: I see then I guess I was wrong then. Sorry about that, R_N
It's okay, things happen.

On a side note, anyone fluent in Spanish?
http://www.pokemonbrothers.com/home...s&id=1281312772&archive=&start_from=&ucat=22&

I...think this is stuff given out at the bus tour? Anyway the thing I'm curious about is what's going on in the "DS" picture that shows Minezumi is #10.
It looks like cardboard?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That looks more like Italian or Portuguese, but I'm spanish so I'll give it a shot:

Per parteciparvi, era obbligatorio indossare una speciale visiera dedicata agli starter di 5^ Generazione...
To participate, it was necessary [not sure, probably "to use"] a special version dedicated to the 5th gen starters.

In other words, nothing significant, just a special version of the DS?

That looks more like Italian or Portuguese, but I'm spanish so I'll give it a shot:

To participate, it was necessary [not sure, probably "to use"] a special version dedicated to the 5th gen starters.

In other words, nothing significant, just a special version of the DS?
Chrome recognized the page as Italian and translated "viseria" as "visor" for me, which makes a lot more sense (since there's a picture of Mijumaru and Tsutarja visors right below that line).

He's saying to think of the yellow "mouth" as the under-belly, instead of a mouth. And to think of the little "nose" as its mouth instead because it looks a whole lot better that way
I'm sorry, but how can someone see this? the triangle is obviously a mouth. this isn't even debatable. it's in the same position as a moth would be, and it looks just like a mouth. it could be a nose too, but then thinking that would require it to have no mouth, or thinking that the body, of all things, is the mouth.

Every other pokemon released so far is incredibly stupid looking. Every single one.
OH LOOK AN OPINION STATED AS IF IT WAS A FACT GOLLY I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT BEFORE

word what you say differently. you not liking something doesn't mean they are bad, so don't say it like that's the case. you sound like a complete douche, and it's just plain annoying.

now on to this Emonga/Pachirisu topic

PEOPLE! Remember that Emonga was in the demo, meaning it's most likely found in game at a similar location that the demo takes place in. Seeing as it's been confirmed that no pre-Gen5 Pokemon will be in the game until after the National Dex, why would it be a Pacharisu evo? That would require it's evo being available quite early in the game (pretty much as early as Pachirisu is in DPPt, maybe a bit later), while Pachirisu is not there until after the national dex.

it's not an evo. stop thinking it is.

Well if it's a free cardboard DS showing the pokedex that's just mean

"Yeah you wish you could scroll through this don't you"

Ok people, seriously stop debating over Pachi evolving into Emonga, or the yellow triangle being a mouth or whatever. I'm sorry if I've made people made about this, but there's not fucking point in debating it. Just state your opinion and if others don't agree, leave them be, its not like you have to force them to think what you do.

It wouldn't have been "natural progression" because why would Pichu, who has no apparent theme, evolve into Plusle/Minun, who have a Plus/Minus theme? Pokemon tend not to totally switch up like that. Hence why Ariados, who has a sort of ant/face-mimicing spider theme, wouldn't evolve into an electric tarantula, which is a totally unique and self-contained theme. Whereas evolution from a squirrel into a flying squirrel just makes sense, regardless of whether or not it's the case, which is unlikely at this point. I will admit "natural progression" is a weak argument, but only on the basis that it is highly subjective.

As being primarily white is one of Pachirisu's notable features as a Pikachu clone (whereas other Pikachu clones have boasted yellow as their primary coloration), as well as being a squirrel, whereas other Pikachu clones were nothing but generic rodents who don't seem to based on any particular variety of rodents, I would consider that a relatively solid connection for the archetype of Pokemon it's situated under. And more to the point, far more of a similarity than Ariados -> Dentula. I hate being grouped under that variety of idiots purely because I believed Emonga could evolve to Pachirisu for totally valid comparisons.

For the record, I'll bring up the evolution of Pikachu to Raichu again-- their tails are very different. Perhaps not to the extent Pachirisu and Emonga's tails are different, but they are still notably different. As are their ears. Which is why I don't consider details like those to be evidence against an evolution from Pachirisu to Emonga.
@Bolded: You seem to be under the assumption that flying squirrels are the natural biological progression of all squirrel species >_> if that was the case, flying squirrels would be much more common... Just because one is a squirrel, and the other is a special type of squirrel does not mean the more basic version HAS to be related to the [in your eyes] "superior" version. If electric tarantula theme is enough of a distinction that it would rule out Ariados being a preevo, why is Emonga's flying such a minor detail then? Pachirisu is categorized by it's massive bushy tail. It is it's more apparent and striking feature. Emonga's is it's skin flaps (and secondary to that, huge ears). Evolutionary chains carry key physical distinctions with them as they evolve. Emonga lacks any of Pachirisu's physical traits, except the cheeks (Which is shared by 5 other Pokemon!). Even Remoraid and Octillery keep a trait common, even though they are probably the most extreme evolution (Cannon-like mouth).

I'll give you that I was a bit off comparing Pichu's and Minun/Plusle's body colors.

@Italics: It's not really fair to call people idiots for thinking Ariados -> Dentula, as they also have their own set of arguments like you do (Then again, both are most likely wrong).

The difference between Pachi's and Emonga's tails is pretty huge. The only difference between Raichu's and Pikachu's and is that Raichu's is whip like, but still has a thunderbolt at the tip. Much like how Pika's tail is shaped like a thunderbolt. Though yeah they aren't the most similar of things, Pika -> Rai makes a lot more sense than Pachi -> Emonga.

Anywho, think what you will.

Sorry to spam, but I just had to say that PAGE 100!!! For people using 40 posts per page instead of 25, that is (like me; I use 40ppp). BTW, does anyone else use a different number of posts per page than the default?

IMO, ANYTHING IN THE WORLD IS POSSIBLE. Pach==>Emonga is POSSIBLE, but IMO it's pretty unlikely. All the other stuff is POSSIBLE, but again probably unlikely.

Also, it's not that I don't believe that that triangle thing might be a mouth instead of a nose (talking about the plant thing), but it's too high on the body (too close to its eyes) for me to visualize it.

Some new info from an apparent demo tester.

• Demo takes place in and around Sekka City
  • When you start the demo you get one of the starters, Shikijika, and Zoroa
  • Which starter you get and what season you play during is random
  • Mijumaru has a high attack stat (they speculate that it’s final evolution is indeed Water/Fighting)
  • Shell Blade: Physical / Base power: 75 / Accuracy: 95 / Slight chance to lower defense
  • Pokabu has high attack and HP but low defense
  • Nitro Charge: Physical / Base power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 / Chance to raise your speed
  • Grass Mixer: Special / Base power: 65 / Accuracy: 90 / Chance to lower opponent’s accuracy [Very similar to the attack 'Octazooka']
  • Shikijika knows the attacks: Leech Seed, Take Down, Scary Face, and Double Kick
  • Zoroa‘s ability Illusion is confirmed to only affect appearance, does not emulate type or attacks. It knew the attacks Fury Swipe and Faint Attack
  • Darumakka is confirmed as being in the demo and is Hihidaruma’s prevo. It doesn’t seem to have arms or legs
  • Basurao has a rectangular jaw with the top half of its body being green and the bottom half being grey. Writer compared it to Carvanha
Source is pokejungle

Meh we kind of already knew that Zorua's ability only affected his sprite, so a Close Combat on a Rotom looking Zorua should still wack it.

EDIT:

Mamanbou's abilty, Healing Heart prevents his team mates for getting statused in double and tripple battles.
Its turning out to be quite a good pokemon afterall....unless he gets crappy stats or moves.

Some new info from an apparent demo tester.

• Shikijika knows the attacks: Leech Seed, Take Down, Scary Face, and Double Kick.
Lol at Shikijika learning Scary Face, it's like giving it to Teddiursa. Tsutaja looks like it'll be a Sceptile clone with high Speed and SpAtk (hopefully it'll get a second STAB though), don't really know what they're planning with Pokabu though (special wall with Snorlaxish stat spread?).

If Pokabu's deffence is low then he will drop to UU or NU, high health and atack doesnt help without good speed which he probably lacks.
Add in a SR weakness to that and he becomes dead weight on a team.

• Mijumaru has a high attack stat (they speculate that it’s final evolution is indeed Water/Fighting)
I like the sound of that. I hope it's Water/fighting, because that's a boss typing (Well, any element/Fighting is cool to me. I'm hoping for an Electric/Fighting this gen)

• Shell Blade: Physical / Base power: 75 / Accuracy: 95 / Slight chance to lower defense
Pretty decent, if the chance of lowering Def is something like 30% then I'm all for this move.

• Pokabu has high attack and HP but low defense
That's unexpected. I was expecting something defencive, but this works too. I expected high HP, and and decent attack, though. I like this overall though.

• Nitro Charge: Physical / Base power: 50 / Accuracy: 100 / Chance to raise your speed
pretty much what I expected.

• Grass Mixer: Special / Base power: 65 / Accuracy: 90 / Chance to lower opponent’s accuracy [Very similar to the attack 'Octazooka']
more powerful then I expected. 40 BP was my guess, so this is pretty good.

• Darumakka is confirmed as being in the demo and is Hihidaruma’s prevo. It doesn’t seem to have arms or legs
Pretty much knew this already, but still cool to get a confirmation. I love that little guy so much.

• Basurao has a rectangular jaw with the top half of its body being green and the bottom half being grey. Writer compared it to Carvanha
MANLY JAW OF JUSTICE! SHIT YEAH!
If Pokabu's deffence is low then he will drop to UU or NU, high health and atack doesnt help without good speed which he probably lacks.
Add in a SR weakness to that and he becomes dead weight on a team.
There is no way that Pokabu will be in UU or NU.

It's NFE.

So what will happen in the six months between the English and Japanese release of B/W? Because if you don't purchase the Japanese version you can't really compete in wifi battles.

So what will happen in the six months between the English and Japanese release of B/W? Because if you don't purchase the Japanese version you can't really compete in wifi battles.
I assume (I don't play competitively, or know how stuff works when a new gen comes out) that once all the hacking is done and all the information about all the new Pokemon is out, they will speculate Metagame changes based on the new Pokemon. I'm probably wrong, though.

for me, however, I will be trying my hardest to avoid all information on the new Pokemon until I have the game. I'm going at this game blind.

Pokabu's low Defense may seem startling if it's true, but let's not forget that it's the first in its line. As it stands now, the little piggy doesn't look too defensive on its own, but perhaps it will become bulkier as it evolves. And we should refrain from making statements like "Stealth Rock will destroy him" until we see that final form and its typing anyway...
Very true. also, lets not forget that Stealth Rock could always change, or new things in the game could make Stealth Rock less used, and therefore less of an issue.

Pokabu's low Defense may seem startling if it's true, but let's not forget that it's the first in its line. As it stands now, the little piggy doesn't look too defensive on its own, but perhaps it will become bulkier as it evolves. And we should refrain from making statements like "Stealth Rock will destroy him" until we see that final form and its typing anyway...

I assume (I don't play competitively, or know how stuff works when a new gen comes out) that once all the hacking is done and all the information about all the new Pokemon is out, they will speculate Metagame changes based on the new Pokemon. I'm probably wrong, though.

for me, however, I will be trying my hardest to avoid all information on the new Pokemon until I have the game. I'm going at this game blind.
Yep, makes sense, hopefully Shoddy Battle 2 will be out then, can figure out how B/W works, and still battle competitively!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)