Ubers Zamazenta-C

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
:ss/zamazenta-crowned:
Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 132 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Close Combat
- Howl
- Behemoth Bash

Formerly the joke of Ubers, Zamazenta-C has found itself a niche following the ban of Zacian. It's the most reliable switch-in to Dark-types, countering the dangerous offensive Yveltal. It's also one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the game, allowing it to shrug off hits from strong wallbreakers like Calyrex-S, Zekrom, and Xerneas. This bulk comes at the cost of Zamazenta-C's underwhelming offensive presence and lack of reliable recovery. Zamazenta-C's STAB moves have limited PP, Close Combat drops its defenses, and Howl is a mediocre boosting option. The Defense EVs ensure Leftovers Zekrom only 4HKOes Zamazenta-C, while the Speed EVs let it outpace maximum Speed base 90 Speed foes. Zamazenta-C uses a specially defensive spread to check Eternatus and soft check Choice Scarf Calyrex-S, as it absorbs Trick and isn't 2HKOed. Calyrex-S cripples Ho-Oh with Trick and provides cleric support, while Zamazenta-C walls Dark-types for it in return. Strong wallbreakers like Groudon and Kyogre cover for Zamazenta-C's lack of power. Blissey walls special attackers, which covers the role of Zamazenta-C's main competitor in Necrozma-DM, while also providing cleric support.

Replay of Zamazenta-C from Ubers's No Johns tournament:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ubers-569540

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi this looks good, I just have some suggestions:
It's now the most reliable Dark-type switch in, countering Yveltal and Zarude with ease while being the best Knock Off switchin.
Walling Zarude doesn’t feel that impressive to me, instead I would emphasize how Zama can wall even offensive variants of Yveltal such as Hone Claws.

Also, the “while being the best Knock Off switchin” part feels a little redundant with the earlier part of this sentence, I would probably make a new sentence like “Zamazenta-C is immune to effects that target items such as Knock Off and Trick, making it a useful switch-in to Knock Off and Calyrex-S’s Trick.”
Also,
meaning it can't counter some of these breakers unless it resists their attacks.
the “unless it resists their attacks” part of the sentence feels very awkward to me, considering all the mons you mentioned before it hit Zama for at least neutral damage.

Also, I think it’s worth mentioning that Zamazenta’s STAB attacks both come with significant drawbacks - CC’s defense drops and Behemoth Bash’s low PP.

EDIT: I also think it’s worth pointing out Blissey’s use as a partner. Zama can cover the Ice-types and take Knock Offs, while Blissey can take on Eternatus and Xerneas and provide cleric and rocks support. the two of them together will cover what NDM normally does, making Zama much easier to fit on a team.

QC 1/1

Last edited:

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments
AC = Add Comma, RC = Remove Comma, AH = Add Hyphen, RH = Remove Hyphen

:ss/zamazenta-crowned:
Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 132 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Close Combat
- Howl
- Behemoth Bash

Formerly the joke of Ubers, Zamazenta-C has found itself a niche following the ban of Zacian. It's the most reliable Dark-type switch-(AH)in to Dark-types, countering the dangerous offensive Yveltal. It's also one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the game, meaning it can stave allowing it to shrug off hits from the strongest strong wallbreakers like Calyrex-S, Zekrom, and Xerneas if need be.(Stave off means to delay/avert so it doesn't make sense here) This bulk comes at the cost of Zamazenta-C's underwhelming offensive presence and lack of reliable recovery. Zamazenta-C’s STAB’s are limited in PP Zamazenta-C's(ASCII Apostrophe) STAB moves have limited PP,(AC) and Close Combat has its stat drop drawback drops its defenses, and the Howl is a mediocre boosting option. The Defense EVs ensure Leftovers Zekrom only 4HKO's it 4HKOes Zamazenta-C, and the speed outruns max Speed base 90's while the Speed EVs let it outpace maximum Speed base 90 Speed foes. It Zamazenta-C uses a specially defensive spread to check Eternatus and soft check Choice Scarf Calyrex-S,(AC) as it absorbs Trick and isn't 2HKO'd 2HKOed. Calyrex-S as a teammate helps by tricking Ho-Oh and being a cleric for when it Rests cripples Ho-Oh with Trick and provides cleric support, while Zamazenta-C walls Dark-types for it in return. Other Strong(capitalize) wallbreakers like Groudon and Kyogre are needed as teammates to cover for its Zamazenta-C's lack of power. Blissey is another cleric partner that’s very helpful, as it walls special attackers which covers the role of Zamazenta-C’s main competitor; Necrozma-DM. Blissey walls special attackers, which covers the role of Zamazenta-C's main competitor in Necrozma-DM, while also providing cleric support.

Replay of Zamazenta-C from Ubers's No Johns tournament:(add colon)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8ubers-569540
GP 1/1. Lmk if you disagree with some of the changes.

Reactions: Fc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)