Your Favorite Theme in Pokemon?

It's already past the day for me, but may I add something? Was fainted before I remember to come here....

More like favorite for just a day, but the music box variation of usual Pokémon Center theme, played only on birthdays. I recall it was there since BW under name Pokémon Carnival.

I can't think nothing else I have heard in my life that is cuter than this one. And yeah, no words much can describe it more than adorable. The nostalgic feeling played on delicate music box sounds on a little lower key, and the repeat part with more tunes... it was so perfect! It is as if the nurse invites you to a dream party.

Now I need to get back to life and find the close window button for my brain's music player, before this one eats up my memory....

Raidx

Banned deucer.
This is a hard one because i like a lot, i mean A LOT of themes ranging from simple town/city themes (Cherrygrove City, Aspertia City) to intense battle themes (BW Subway Battle, Cynthia`s theme, GSC Kanto gym leader theme). There`s simply so much good music in Pokemon that its pretty much impossible for me to choose a favorite D:, however one theme that I been listening to a lot lately is the Eterna Forest theme. It`s a simple, pleasant theme that fits Eterna Forest to a T imo. So for now im gonna have to go with the Eterna Forest theme :)

I'm kinda late to respond to this but oh well. My favorite theme is probably a tie between Canalave City and Hoenn Route 123. The piano lead in Canalave City is amazing, and the march in Route 123 isn't half bad either.
Yah both of those are really, and I mean REALLY good themes. I also really enjoy the Sunyshore city theme and the bike theme from BW

I'm in love with the more epic battle songs.
A few of my favorites from the top of my head are:
Cynthia
Lance/red
XY legendary trio mix (gen 1 remix)
Iris

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
One of my favorite sad/thoughtful themes. In recent games they got really good at making those:

N's Farewell (there's also a Symphonic version)
N's Room (and the corrupt version in BW2)
Friends Forever
Terrible Past (AZ's Theme)
Emma's Theme
Looker's Sorrowful Theme
The Lament of Falling Stars (Zinnia's Sad Theme)
A Path We All Must Walk
But Unwavering Emotion (XY version) was the first that really got my attention, thanks in part of the scenes it played for...
Someday... we'll see Lillie again. (Also Hapu's Grandfather's Machamp Poke Ride can forgive itself)
Mimikyu Song, why I added a Mimikyu onto my team.
Mother & Daughter, "When did you... start becoming beautiful?"
The End, but also a new beginning.
Po Town, maybe not sad, but the context around it sure is if you think about it, making it more of a theme of despair.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Just realized I never did post my favorite tracks in this thread, which surprises me since I'm a bit of a VGM nut. So here's a quick dump of some of my favorite themes from each main series game (and some spin-offs) along with some brief thoughts on them.

RBY: Gym Leader Battle. Hard to beat the OG Gym Leader Theme when it comes to iconic battle themes in the series. That opening as well.

GSC: Goldenrod City. My favorite city theme. Really love the cheerful and upbeat melody on this one, especially with it now backed by nostalgia today.

RS: Slateport City and Victory Road. It's hard just picking one theme from these games, I swear. Slateport City is another upbeat, catchy city theme that I feel often gets overlooked alongside the other great city/town themes in these games. Victory Road is pretty self-explanatory. :p

FRLG: Champion Battle and Sevii Islands' "Route" Theme. My two favorite remixes here. The FRLG version of the OG Champion Theme is hands down my favorite battle theme in the series (suck it, Red/Lance), and that upbeat remix of the GSC Route 42/Lake of Rage theme really drives the sense of a new adventure after the main game is done and dusted.

Emerald: Deoxys Battle. Probably should link this with FRLG, but the whole Gen III section is getting bulky already. Anyway this event-exclusive theme is one of my favorite legendary battle themes in the series. The GBA sound-chip goes a long way with making this theme all the more intense and sci-fi'ish.

DPPt: Mt. Coronet. Mt. Coronet in general is one of the most memorable dungeons in the series, and this theme only adds to its charm, especially as you're scaling the mountain during Galactic's endgame. The remix that plays at the Shinjo Ruins in HGSS is also great.

HGSS: Ho-Oh Battle. One of my favorite things about the Johto region is the whole eastern atmosphere it gives off, and this theme is a good example of the region as a whole. Catchy as hell too.

B/W: Route 10. It's a popular pick, but we can't talk Unova themes without bringing this piece up. A great piece for the final route leading up to the league, with everything that's going on with the story.

B2/W2: Champion Battle. Another catchy champion theme that's epic in a cute way. Reaching this battle after slugging through the game on Challenge Mode really drives the intensity of the theme up as well.

X/Y: Route 15. Another awesome route theme that seems to have drawn some inspiration from B/W's Route 10 theme. It makes the route that leads up to the Frost Cavern all the more epic.

ORAS: Primal Kyogre/Groudon Battle and Zinnia's Battle Theme. The Hoenn weather trio have always been some of the most intimidating set of legendary Pokemon in the series imo, and this theme really drives the point across that you're standing up to a titanic monster with the fate of the world at risk. The original GBA theme being intertwined with the remix is a nice touch as well, especially considering you're going up against their primal forms. Zinnia's battle theme is another popular one; although I despise Zinnia as a character, her theme is badass with that violin.

S/M: Seafolk Village (both Day and Night). It's rare for me to like both day and night themes for a city, but I honestly can't choose between these two. The day theme sounds straight out of Zelda: Wind Waker and it gets your sense of adventure pumped to explore Poni. The night theme is more serene and reflective with that sense of adventure still intact. Both themes are quite fitting for the point in the story where they play.

And let's not forget about some of the spin-offs!

Main Theme (Pokemon Conquest): Perhaps my favorite spin-off game. It's a shame it came out at the end of the DS's lifespan and didn't garner much attention.

Greevil Battle (Pokemon XD): One of my favorite final boss themes and an epic ending to a great set of spin-offs. I realllllyyy want a sequel though. maybe some day in the near future.

Miror B. Battle (Pokemon Colosseum and XD): I can't bring up the GC games without bring up Michael Jackson's Mexican cousin twice-removed. Two hilariously epic themes for such an iconic character. (also this)

Primal Dialga Battle (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness/Sky): Really I could list the whole soundtrack for all the PMD games here, so instead have the most iconic final boss theme (and one of my favorite final battle themes among video game soundtracks).

Courtyard Colosseum (Pokemon Battle Revolution): Say what you will about this game, but you can't deny it had an awesome soundtrack. My favorite theme in the game. It's a shame it was used on the worst colosseum in the game; if I die young, blame it on the fog in this game.

Any Hoenn team, especially Wally at Victory Road. You can walk around Battle Maison with that badass theme.

Kanto: Vs. Blue/Gary/Asshat. IT'S THE FI-NAL-BEAT-DOWN (TA-DA-DAAA-DAA)
Johto: Gym Leader. Basically because of Smash.
Hoenn: 7,8% water, 92,2% trumpets. Anything with enough trumpets. And Wally.
Sinnoh: Route 210, wild and Trainer Battles. Great pieces.
Unova: I don't really know. Maybe the Gym's final Pokémon.
For BW2, probably Burgh's Gym.
Kalos: Trainer Battle. Charizard and Greninja's Smash 4 reveal trailer.
Alola: Vast Poni Canyon oddly sounds like Donkey Kong.

MOD EDIT: Do not double post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Just passed Undella in Black 2, and I'm surprised I haven't realised just how good of an OST it is (don't think it was posted here either). It fits so well with where you are in the game (just before the major plot), fits Undella very well, and is in general a very peaceful soundtrack. Have a listen below.

I agree, Unova in general has such good music :)

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just passed Undella in Black 2, and I'm surprised I haven't realised just how good of an OST it is (don't think it was posted here either). It fits so well with where you are in the game (just before the major plot), fits Undella very well, and is in general a very peaceful soundtrack. Have a listen below.
I couldn't possible agree more with you on that.
While there's undeniably a plethora of amazing soundtracks in Pokémon games, this one has to be definitely my favorite one.

Here's an amazing remix that I wanted to share with all of you:

I guess you could say that it's like the calm before the storm.
The waves in the background are like the voices of the tide that speak in a whisper about your journey and the pebbles being washed up on the coast dance and tremble in anticipation of the adventures yet to come.
At this point the ocean's "pulse" becomes one with your heartbeat and gives you one last quiet moment, allowing you to gain new decisiveness, before you depart once again for new adventures.

If we're strictly talking the game then I'd have to say the first melody you hear after starting a new game in Red/Blue/Yellow. It also happens to be the music that plays at Bill's house. It definitely gives you the sense that you're about to start something big. Oddly enough I don't think there was ever an arranged version made for the anime until Pokemon Origins.

If we're talking the anime then I'd definitely have to go with "The Protective Pillars Activate" (Reshiram version) which is a theme that's used several times thorughout the Japanese version of the series. The two most notable to me are in the later part of the XY&Z series when Satoshi first approaches the arena at the start of the Pokemon League and right after Eureka sings to Zygarde to calm it down.

I'll eventually make a post of my favorite themes from all the games. For now, I just want to say the following:
The 'Battle! (Team Magma/Aqua)' and, to a lesser extent, the Battle! (Magma/Aqua Leader)' themes from ORAS are incredible songs and are among the better songs in the series, even though they're remixes. There's a definite boost in malevolence and urgency in these songs, which are fitting for the teams and their intentions.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'll eventually make a post of my favorite themes from all the games. For now, I just want to say the following:
The 'Battle! (Team Magma/Aqua)' and, to a lesser extent, the Battle! (Magma/Aqua Leader)' themes from ORAS are incredible songs and are among the better songs in the series, even though they're remixes. There's a definite boost in malevolence and urgency in these songs, which are fitting for the teams and their intentions.

TRUMPETS! Seriously, ORAS Magma/Aqua Leader theme is one of my favorites for that drop when the trumpets start playing. Adds that bit of a force you expect a villain leader theme to have.

I've always been a fan of Colress' space age love song battle theme. It always reminded me of a rejected F-Zero X or Rainbow Road Mario Kart track.

Either that or a Team Galactic theme they just could never fit in because their standard fight music was too good to fix. Probably my favorite evil team theme until Team Skull came to tie with them:

Speaking of the new SuMo tracks, while there are certainly a lot of standouts, I can't get enough of Guzma's theme:

Lastly I feel that the Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf theme is really underrated. That starting hook is still one of the best song intros in all Pokemon, in my opinion. Really gets you hyped.

I can really be here all day, since Pokemon has SOOOOOOOOO many good and catchy tunes that's it's honestly easier to ask me which ones I don't like. It's hard to rank favorites when most tracks go into stylistically different directions depending on the region, and that's part of what I love about pokemon. It would have been easy to just remix Simple and Clean over and over and over again (not to point fingers) but they really try to craft unique songs for every new game.

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Given how much of a VGM addict I am, I might as well post in here again (once again focusing on "lesser-known" songs)

I haven't placed Pokken Tournament yet (partly cause it's still kinda expensive) and while I don't think its OST is amazing on all accounts based on what I've sampled, I really love the pair of songs for Neos City. The Day version is just incredibly hype and the Night version, which I originally couldn't get into but I now definitely consider the better of the two, is hype in a more subdued way having a lot more of a groove to it.

While I do want to replay some of the main-series games at some point to finalize my judgement (as well as finally get to SuMo .-.), I currently believe that the Gen 5 games had the best OSTs in the series. N's Castle Bridge is an *awesome* song and it's pretty ridiculous considering that it barely gets played in either BW1 or 2. The credits theme has a much more triumphant feeling to it, with just enough of a feeling of sadness/finality, very different from the more subdued songs in Gen 3, 4, and BW2, and it sounds amazing all the same. I'm not actually the biggest fan of town themes in Pokemon, or in any RPG really (not sure why), but I really love the more calm stuff like the Lacunosa Town theme, probably my favorite Town theme in all of Pokemon. I dunno, I love how serene it is, and the fact that it's not just a piano solo like Verdanturf (one of the other town themes I really love) is absolutely a plus. It's also get some fantastic covers of it out there (hint hint)

So I'm going to vent about how much I love New Bark Town's theme - or more accurately, the different remixes it has had throughout the series.

The NBT theme from GSC, more than any other starting town's music in the series, gives me a sense of "home." It's a peaceful theme, befitting a tranquil setting, but has also a sense of uplift. You're only at the base of the mountain, but you can sense that in your journey through Johto and eventually Kanto you'll ascend to great heights.

The theme from Stadium 2 is the first remix of NBT and is the menu screen when going into the Stadium to choose which of the Prime/Poke/Little/Challenge Cups to beat. It shifts from the idea from the GB(C) games of being at the base of the mountain, to reaching the summit: you've beaten the GB(C) games and become their champion, and now will take what you've learned and become the very best, like no one ever was a Pokemon Master in a more challenging environment. But with your skill, you've got this. You can conquer this challenge.

The credits at the end of Stadium 2 play once you've beaten your rival (who's known only as RIVAL, and not by his canon name of SCRODUM ;) ) with his team of Mewtwo, Ho-oh and Lugia. There's a real sense of accomplishment: you've beaten this game, which was that extra challenge after beating the cartridge games and now that your grueling fights are over you can sit back, exhale and appreciate the effort you've put in as all 251 Pokemon scroll past.

Revisiting Johto after 10 years, this theme knows you've been through crushing Elite Fours and destroying evil organisations, and we have a very tired piece playing in the background. From way back in NBT in GSC to where you are now - you've gone full circle, been through a lot and now with this return to a classic Pokemon town you've made your way back. There's not many pieces of music - not just Pokemon or gaming, but in general - that makes me feel safe, but goddamn this is one of them.

There's soo much in the GS soundtrack that makes me very happy. I'll just pick one that nobody's recalled yet:
There's something oddly peaceful about this version of the song (might be the drum sound in the background). I might have an attachment to this song because I spent a lot of time on the route between Saffron and Celadon, where you can catch Houndour and Murkrow in GSC.

There's soo much in the GS soundtrack that makes me very happy. I'll just pick one that nobody's recalled yet:
There's something oddly peaceful about this version of the song (might be the drum sound in the background). I might have an attachment to this song because I spent a lot of time on the route between Saffron and Celadon, where you can catch Houndour and Murkrow in GSC.
I agree with this 100%. To me it always had a magical feel to it, since I only knew it from RBY but I didn't even recognize it as a remix (I was young, okay).

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Zinnia Battle Theme [ORAS] - This is probably my favorite battle theme of any Pokemon game from Generation 5-7, the violin is amazing in this theme among other great use of instruments.

School Forest Theme [PSMD] - Really relaxing theme, probably the best in PSMD.

Entralink [B/W] - I used to go to the Entralink solely for the music and then just sit there and listen to it, no regrets.

I Don't Want to Say Goodbye [PMD II] - This scene was pretty sad, and the theme is great & adds a lot more emotion to it.

Game Corner Theme [D/P] - Such an energizing theme and so unlike every other theme in the game.

Accumula Town [B/W] - So upbeat and cheerful, best town/city theme in Black & White in my opinion.

Lake Theme [D/P] - Another one of those themes that was good enough for me to go sit at the location and just listen to the music. This is probably my favorite theme from D/P.

Route 113 (Gen 3): has to be my favourite theme in any main series game, idk why but i have really fond memories of this and would just sit in that route making all the grass patches green while listening to it. ORAS remake is ok too.

I echo the post above when in that I loved the lake theme (DP) as well as the Legendary theme, the battle theme for the lake trio and also Cynthia's theme best champ theme imo.

Gen 5 not too much stood out apart from the Route 10 theme

Gen 6 Professor Sycamores theme was p cool but I wasnt too impressed with the game so didnt pay the music much attention. Zinnias theme in ORAS was v good too. Regi theme in ORAS also (better than original imo)

Gen 7 Legendary theme is super cool and Lusamine v2

In terms of Spin off games, the PMD series for sure has the best music. There are so many great ones ill leave them all there:
PMD: Rayquaza theme
PMD EoT/D: Primal Dialga, Deep Dusk Forest, Hidden Land, Temporal Tower
(Gates of infinity was average so didnt listen too much to music)
SPMD: Foreboding forest, Ancient Barrow, Revelation Mountain, Tree of Life (roots), Dark Matter Phase 2

Miror B from XD too and Magma Colosseum from PBR

Something about the Slateport music appeals to me. It's like part Christmas music, part taking a rest from your adventure in a town by the sea. I prefer the RSE version (as with pretty much every song)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)