XY LC Analysis Reservation Index

Wanna Reserve Something, just cant find anything. Is there any outdated analysis or demand for any new one? because at the moment I can only think of taking over Klink(or maybe hydration goomy).Yeah.

Kling is rated unusable here iirc because it can't get the moves it needs at level 5. You also need to give an example set or explain why you want something when u reserve it. Just letting u know.

Went through the viability rankings today. Literally Everything there already has an analysis
:pirate:
Unless there is something that needs a revamp, I really cant think of anything. For the timing i would like to reserve CurseBall Bergmite. The Idea works pretty well with avalugg in pu, so imo it should work properly on bergmite as well. However, I will try it out for a week or something before posting. Nope. It's pathetic even with a curse boost from torchic.

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
prof.dragonite try to stay away from E ranks, you probably won't get anywhere with them. Instead you could look at the C ranks and see if any of them needs a revamp if you'd like to contribute. but as it stands we don't really need analysis for the barely usable and unviable pokemon in lc. It's great you want to help out though! We're always looking for more help!

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to reserve a Bronzor revamp. The current analysis is very barebones and it feels like this Pokemon can fill a niche of being able to consistenly get up Stealth Rocks throughout a match, while being a great Fletchling check. It is definitely held back by its weakness to Knock Off and its lack of reliable recovery once it is hit by it (needs Berry Juice + Recycle), but it can function quite well on certain teams.

EDIT: Never mind, it's already in progress. My bad. If it needs to be taken over for whatever reason, I could do that I guess.

Last edited:
Ok so a few things AD Thunderboy:
First of all, if you want to reserve a revamp, you should probably include why the analysis needs to be revamped in the 1st place.
Secondly, the analysis is not currently in progress, as no one has recently reserved it nor is there an active QC thread for it.
If you want to reserve something, the rules are found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-little-cup-c-c-process-please-read-before-posting.3574907/
Also side note to whoever is running this in SuMo: can we make that required reading next gen? Or at least the SuMo equivalent?

ok so i spent the entire day trying to figure out something that could use a revamp. I have finally shortlisted to 2 pokemon:

Buneary - A cosmic power/baton pass set
On a totally unrelated note, I found a little error of sorts in the current analysis for buneary. "Fling can be used with an Iron Ball to get a high-powered attack against the Ghost-types that Buneary has trouble with;" iirc Klutz prevents the usage of fling and i dont think buneary would appreciate the effect. Imo this idea is either illegal(Ability:Klutz) or inviable(Ability:Limber). Idk where to report this so im just putting it here

Numel - A mixed simple stockpile/growth set

I tried both of them out on the ladder they both work pretty well.
sooo, which one should i reserve? I know i can only take one so i would like to know which one is more practical. I think i'll finally take numel.

TL;DR: Reserving (Stockpile)Numel
Edit:
set:
Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
- Stockpile
- Spit Up
- Growth
- Fire Blast/Ancient Power

This is my first analysis. I do have to wait for approbal rite?

Last edited:

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In that case, I am reserving a Bronzor revamp. As I said before, its current analysis is very barebones and barely even mentions which notable Pokemon it checks (like Abra and Fletchling). Its huge weakness to Knock Off is currently not noted enough in my opinion, as in my games with it, it was the main thing holding Bronzor back. This Pokemon can be quite effective on the right team, as its natural bulk allows it to easily switch into anything it is not weak to, but the current analysis focuses on SR + Recycle as its main niche, and not its ability to check and sometimes even counter anything lacking a super effective coverage. Its checks and counters should also be expanded more, as currently all of them are one liners that do not expand on what they do and what they could fear from Bronzor (if anything). Hypnosis is also a move that deserves at least a mention in Other Options, which it currently does not have.

Also, H0W3AN, I did read that, multiple times actually, as I have been wanting to write an analysis for a while.

Last edited:
Can I please take Klink?
No as previously stated Kilink is on the "unusable Pokemon" list. Also if you want to reserve a mon remember to include why you think it deserves an analysis. Sorry man.

Edit: ...and he deleted his post.

Last edited:
I'm not asking for a new analysis but why isn't fletchling w/ focus sash viable? I've seen it on almost every team and it does work... The set is as follows: (Also, hp, def, and spdef IVs are all zeros)
Fletchling @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Acrobatics
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Primarily you want to use swords dance, they hit you down to your focus sash, then you acro spam...

Conni

katharsis
I'm not asking for a new analysis but why isn't fletchling w/ focus sash viable? I've seen it on almost every team and it does work... The set is as follows: (Also, hp, def, and spdef IVs are all zeros)
Fletchling @ Focus Sash
- Acrobatics
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Primarily you want to use swords dance, they hit you down to your focus sash, then you acro spam...
Hi

You can just send in Pokemon that can easily resist +2 Acrobatics, such as Onix, or you can just use a priority move from a Pokemon that is faster than Fletchling. It may seem good, but in reality, nearly every team can counter this set, and the other Fletchling set is just much more viable than this one. Flame Charge is also useless as Fletchling can probably be OHKOed before it can even use Flame Charge, so it's better with Roost in that aspect, and the Eviolite gives it better bulk, without the Eviolite, Fletchling is just too frail. Stealth Rock also breaks Focus Sash and gets Fletchling OHKOed from nearly any move due to the lack of bulk provided by Eviolite, and nearly every LC team has a entry hazard setter. I hope these reasons are enough to answer your questions, if you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask as I'll try my best to answer them. Have a good day!

Fletchling @ Focus Sash
- Acrobatics
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Conni did a great job at explaining why it isn't great but if you want to ask about the metagame or why sets aren't good, ask here. We try to save this thread for requests regarding making analyses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)