XY LC Analysis Reservation Index

Reserving Venonat. That current analysis is super outdated and Jac put a nice set in the innovations thread that could be tweaked and put up there?

approved - levi

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I'll reserve a Lileep revamp since the current analysis is a bit outdated with some of the move choices (HP Rock > Ancient Power) and the EV spread could be optimized.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually, can I do an analysis on nidoran-m? It hits hard with life orb hustle and hits its switchins pretty hard with its coverage excluding ground types. (iron tail life orb hustle ohkos archen. Tested with Jac)
The current Nido-M set was agree upon as the most viable one when the analysis was written the first time. That set doesn't sound fast enough to be viable in all honesty

The current Nido-M set was agree upon as the most viable one when the analysis was written the first time. That set doesn't sound fast enough to be viable in all honesty
I wrote that like 3 weeks ago and after being approved I had already noticed what you just stated so then I just backed off and ended up not doing

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wrote that like 3 weeks ago and after being approved I had already noticed what you just stated so then I just backed off and ended up not doing
Oh aight, but like if you're still interested in getting into C&C we could work on finding something else for ya fam

Reactions: PD

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Can I revamp Cacnea's analysis? The current set is mostly outclassed by other bulky Grass-types like Chespin outside of Swords Dance; but I'd rather run an offensive Swords Dance set with either Life Orb or Eviolite with an Adamant Nature and 236 Speed EVs to outspeed bulky Fletch and OHKO it after Stealth Rock with +2 Sucker Punch. I think this set brings out more of Cacnea's niche in it's high Attack stat letting it be a nice SD sweeper that needs some support because of it's bad bulk.

how come there is no tyrogue moveset advice?
Tyrogue is a terrible Pokemon that is outclassed by every other Fighting-Type in the tier. The only thing it has going for it is Rapid Spin, but even then it is still bound back by its abysmal stats and three-inch deep movepool.

Tyrogue is a terrible Pokemon that is outclassed by every other Fighting-Type in the tier. The only thing it has going for it is Rapid Spin, but even then it is still bound back by its abysmal stats and three-inch deep movepool.
It can use high jump kick, bullet punch, mach punch, rapid spin, fake out, earth quake, brick break and rock slide, but i see what you mean, however I believe that tyrogue can be used in little cup over riolu and some others. I mean, most LC can't learn earthquake unless they are specifically rock, steel or ground

Berks

has a Calm Mind
It can use high jump kick, bullet punch, mach punch, rapid spin, fake out, earth quake, brick break and rock slide, but i see what you mean, however I believe that tyrogue can be used in little cup over riolu and some others. I mean, most LC can't learn earthquake unless they are specifically rock, steel or ground
Though tyrogue admittedly has a decent movepool, unfortunately, its stats are so incredibly poor as to delegitimize any niche it could possibly gain from said movepool. In short, Tyrogue's stats are really, really bad.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
First of all all the moves you listed are ones that pretty much every fighting type get. The only thing earthquake really hits that your other moves do not hit already is chinchou.
You literally have no reason to use it over some other fighting type. Tyrogue has absymal stats and is easily forced out by a lot of other things.

Edit: fucking sniped

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tyrogue is garbage and its not getting an analysis

Hi! Can I take some analysises?

Bonsly, Cubchoo and Flabebe if they're all right please.

Bonsly for a Rock Polish/Trick Room attacker with Rock Head, a potential Sturdy-Juice hazard setter (though outclassed in most ways) and a usable Choice Bander.

Cubchoo is a hail abuser or Trick Room attacker.

Flabebe is a Trick Room attacker, bulky healer or support mon in general.

BTW, I don't know if this'll be useful, but I made a list of Pokemon w/o a current analysis on-site, as WIP here or unfit. I'm using it for myself, but thought maybe people here could benefit too :).

Bonsly
Chingling
Cubchoo
Drowzee
Ducklett
Espurr
Flabebe
Happiny
Hoothoot
Igglybuff
Ledyba
Makuhita
Mudkipz
Nidorian-F
Nincada
Pansage
Pansear
Patrat
Pichu
Pidgery
Pidove
Psyduck
Pumpkaboo Large and Normal
Ralts
Roggenrolla
Seedot
Sentret
Spheal
Spoink
Turtwig
Tyrogue
Whismur

Last edited:
So, I'm going to say where I think my hopefully reserved mons have a niche:

Cubchoo-Hail, Trick Room (my above post).
Bonsly-Teams on which mono-rock is preferred over Rock-Ground (It's only niche is its typing, which is better in a few ways. This is how it got analysed in previous gens.)

For Flabebe, I forgot about Spritzee. However, it gets Solar Beam and Synthesis (plus Sunny Day) so it has a potential niche as a Sun Setter and Sun Cleric and in its improved speed. So, probably like Lotad in which it is almost worthless out of weather, but has a niche in it (a fairy on a sun team is pretty cool. I think I once used Spritzee on a sun team, so this could be an alternative). For those desperate for a Sun Cleric, secondary Sun setter or Bulky Fairy Sun Attacker.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Not sure about Bonsly - its niche as a mono rock without added weaknesses isn't really notable if it's just using sturdyjuice. If you'd like you can do Flabebe, but I think its set should take advantage of being a Fairy-type with instant recovery more. A CM set would probably be its best bet.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
To add onto what Levi said, Flabebe loves that extra move it gets from not needing wish/protect allowing it to hit some random switch ins with Psychic or HP Fire or HP Ground. It's been awhile since I've bothered with Flabebe, but generally I only had success with Calm Mind / Moonblast / Coverage / Synthesis and hitting 11 speed to outpace Timburr / slow Croagunk which are more irksome due to Flabebe's notably lesser bulk compared to every other usable Fairy.

Well, I'm going to post my opinions and stuff. Bonsly can run Sturdy-Juice or Rock Polish, but is 95% outclassed by Geodude. Its only niche is it's typing. As I stated before, Cubchoo gets a role on Hail or Trick Room teams. If either of these arent approved, can I take any of the ones below? I uploaded Flabebe, too to QC 1/4, so can I take another on top of that? Thanks!

Is Oshawott available? It has been in WIP for ages by the look of it. Otherwise can I please take any of the below (priority order).

Makuhita: Kinda niche, but it could pull of a decent Belly Drum set.

Chingling: Bad stats, but great movepool.

Ducklett: Unique Flying type with some niches above others.

Thanks!

Berks

has a Calm Mind
If there's a viable Panpour set there's a viable Ducklett set dammit

Ducklett @ Eviolite
Ability: Hydration
Level: 5
EVs: 180 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rain Dance
- Scald

This here Ducklett is the only user of Hydration that actually wants it, seeing as how stuff like Goomy and Shelmet want their other abilites. This set looks a bit like a worse version of Mantyke, but in reality Ducklett matches up better in the tier due to its greater physical bulk. Seems like a pretty cool check to things like Foongus, which I believe it can outstall 1v1, Fighting-types not called Timburr, and stuff like Drilbur I guess. A little defensive for my taste.

Ducklett @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Big Pecks / Hydration
EVs: 20 HP / 36 Def / 164 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Tailwind / Substitute / anything else

Who knew Ducklett got 16 Speed?! I sure didn't! This set it, in essence, a much bulkier version of Wingull without the U-turn. The cool thing about this Ducklett set is that it can threaten some moderately fast things like Larvesta without just being U-turned on. It gets 16 Speed, dude! Holy moly! I know I would personally run a SubRoost set to poop on Foongus and to stop Volt Switches from doing too much damage but idk man! Ducklett seems cool!

And with that said, if the good user above me doesn't snatch it up I'd like to get back to writing these and do one of the cutest LC Pokemon: Ducklett

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
I feel like 16 Speed makes Ducklett at least almost completely outclassed by Wingull in regards to the offensive set; Ducklett is unable to rk archen which really sucks, and archen can switch in on Ducklett's flying attacks and threaten it out. It also only speed ties with Pawniard and cedes all momentum against Chinchou making it at best not great versus the three most prevalent Flying type resists.

If there's a viable Panpour set there's a viable Ducklett set dammit

Ducklett @ Eviolite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 180 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rain Dance
- Scald

This here Ducklett is the only user of Hydration that actually wants it, seeing as how stuff like Goomy and Shelmet want their other abilites. This set looks a bit like a worse version of Mantyke, but in reality Ducklett matches up better in the tier due to its greater physical bulk. Seems like a pretty cool check to things like Foongus, which I believe it can outstall 1v1, Fighting-types not called Timburr, and stuff like Drilbur I guess. A little defensive for my taste.

Ducklett @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
Ability: Big Pecks / Hydration
EVs: 20 HP / 36 Def / 164 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Tailwind / Substitute / anything else

Who knew Ducklett got 16 Speed?! I sure didn't! This set it, in essence, a much bulkier version of Wingull without the U-turn. The cool thing about this Ducklett set is that it can threaten some moderately fast things like Larvesta without just being U-turned on. It gets 16 Speed, dude! Holy moly! I know I would personally run a SubRoost set to poop on Foongus and to stop Volt Switches from doing too much damage but idk man! Ducklett seems cool!

And with that said, if the good user above me doesn't snatch it up I'd like to get back to writing these and do one of the cutest LC Pokemon: Ducklett
I'm sorry, but Mantyke is a lot cuter than Ducklett. Just look at that cute little face! Don't you just want to hug it and...

On to the actual reason of my post. For Ducklett, it faces stiff competition with two other mons with identical typings and should only be used on Rain Teams. However, I can't see Rain Stall being useful this Gen so I'd say Ducklett's niche is being, essentially, a bulky Pelipper but minus some stuff like U-turn. I think it's alright on teams needing a bulky rain Mon to switch in to threats, but otherwise it's not justifiable over Pelipper. All in all, I think it at least needs analysing (we were desperate enough to analyse Lotad) as it has a niche. Berks you reserve it over me if you want ;).

Cubchoo Hail offence, a playstyle I've used before, is actually pretty good in LC IMO. Cubchoo's a pretty cool attacker, too, and fast under TR.

Bonsly, I've decided, has a bigger niche on a Rock Polish set IMO due to Sturdy-Juice caring very little for Bonsly niche in its typing.

I've tested out Makuhita and decided it definitely needs Eviolite to function. I got a few cool KOs with it one game, but, like Zigzagoon, I feel it needs a misplay or a lot of luck to be effective.

I think I summed up Chingling pretty well last time so I'm saying no more on it.

Since I'm letting Berks have my Ducklett reservation, can I instead make Pidgery my final "reservation" for if I can't have Oshawott. Its niche? Well, have you ever seen a Pidgey used in LC before? No? Well you probably won't realise that it's actually decent, just outclassed in almost any way. So while you're scratching your head and wondering if the Pidgey is running a joke set, this Pidgey can outspeed and weaken you (maybe a KO, after Rocks, if you're doing SE damage on STAB Brave Bird) with a scarf, or whack you with the uberstrong power of a banded bird. Fletching can't run choice band and use brave bird and stuff. Every other viable bird Mon can't bluff a joke set. #Niche.

If I can't have Pidgey, canI have Pidove instead? I lied when I said it was the only viable bird Mon which could bluff a joke set.

Thanks for reading! May the Mantines be with you!

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Makuhita (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

This set might have a niche since it can beat spritzee and weaken snubbull. It provides good utility with priority fake out, powerful STAB and Knock Off. It also has a good bulk that makes up somehow for its subpar defenses. Though it's generally outclassed by other fighting-types. Maybe this could find a place in a double fighting-type core with timburr or scraggy, weakening fairies idk.

edit: ducklett and pidgey are outclassed, whereas i wouldn't mind having chingling's and cubchoo's analyses.
Cubchoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Encore

Chingling (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Psychic

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)